Dance Central 2 (X360) $37.99 after $12 promo code at Newegg.com

[quote name='MrNEWZ']October 7th, I believe.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that as Gamestop and Amazon list it as 12/31. Which makes me question if it is coming this year or not.

[quote name='jinxpalm']I really doubt that as Gamestop and Amazon list it as 12/31. Which makes me question if it is coming this year or not.[/QUOTE]

Merely placeholders I think. Microsoft said it was to be ready by holiday. Gamefly and others confirm the October release date.

Just like Rock Band, you can download the songs from the previous game to use in the next game, so you might need to hold onto your disc until then.

Man NewEgg is making Amazon look like Gamestop lately. Too bad all my credit is with Amazon and BB or else I would have been all over these. Just cannot spend real cash right now.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Just like Rock Band, you can download the songs from the previous game to use in the next game, so you might need to hold onto your disc until then.[/QUOTE]

Can you somehow import all songs from part 1's disc into part 2 or does it only applies to DLCs from part 1?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']When you place a pre-order with Newegg, do they take out the funds as soon as you place the order or when the item is shipped?

Edit: In for one![/QUOTE]

Yeah they charge when they ship!

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Can you somehow import all songs from part 1's disc into part 2 or does it only applies to DLCs from part 1?[/QUOTE]
All the songs from the disc and DLC transfer over to DC2. Hence the code on the back of the booklet in DC1.

[quote name='Gosha']I should trade in the original now while it still has some value, just keep the export code for the next game.[/QUOTE]

Be careful about this. With the last couple Rock Band games, you needed the old game discs to initiate the song export download. So if you sell and they do this again, you'll need to borrow/rent the game to do the export.

Also, thanks OP! Ordered one. :)

If you don't have DC1 will it be possible to buy the songs to add to DC2, or should I be on the lookout for an uber deal on the original?

[quote name='bardockkun']All the songs from the disc and DLC transfer over to DC2. Hence the code on the back of the booklet in DC1.[/QUOTE]

Haha. I never read game manuals so didn't know there's a code there. Thanks for the info. Btw, are the codes unique or are they all the same on all copies?

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Haha. I never read game manuals so didn't know there's a code there. Thanks for the info. Btw, are the codes unique or are they all the same on all copies?[/QUOTE]
They're unique to each booklet (since one time use only code). Basically just think of it like how Rock Band does their transfers. Though with Harmonix's history of transfers it's either going to be $10 or free in order to transfer the songs from DC1 to DC2.

is the dlc on the manual??

cuz i had the game and I remember a code in a card which said "hang on to this to keep on dancing"

The "keep dancing" code is what you'll need to transfer the DC1 tracks over to DC2. But there's strong speculation that you'll also need the DC1 game disc as well. I don't know about the DLC, never bought any.

P.S. In addition to the $12 NewEgg discount, shipping is free. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='youenvy']is the dlc on the manual??

cuz i had the game and I remember a code in a card which says "hang on to this to keep on dancing"

[quote name='morrodox']The "keep dancing" code is what you'll need to transfer the DC1 tracks over to DC2. But there's strong speculation that you'll also need the DC1 game disc as well. I don't know about the DLC, never bought any.

P.S. In addition to the $12 NewEgg discount, shipping is free. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

Well the DLC, if it's the same idea as Rock Band, then it'll just "work" in DC2. It'll show up on your song list. Easy and awesome content delivery for songs on RB.

They need to have more sales on DC DLC.

[quote name='morrodox']The "keep dancing" code is what you'll need to transfer the DC1 tracks over to DC2. But there's strong speculation that you'll also need the DC1 game disc as well. I don't know about the DLC, never bought any.

P.S. In addition to the $12 NewEgg discount, shipping is free. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

No tax either!

[quote name='wakawakawa']Sweet. Is Newegg going to be the new Amazon for Video game deals?[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. They'll probably sell it for full price with a $10 promo credit. This is the best deal I've seen on this game so far.

bread's done
Back