The Mickie James Roast Beef Wrestling Thread

xilly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Because it had to be the new one.

Also:
rEV8S.jpg

WWE has announced a new company program, "Live Commentary Radio," where fans who attend WWE broadcasts can pay $15 to purchase a radio that will allow them hear live commentary during the show from the ringside commentary booth. Here's the official announcement:

If you’re heading to Summerslam this weekend at Los Angeles’s STAPLES Center, there’s a new way to take part in the excitement. This Sunday, WWE introduces a revolutionary new radio that allows attendees of the Biggest Party of the Summer – and all pay-per-view events – to listen in on ringside commentary live with the WWE Live Commentary Radio.

If you’ve ever been to a WWE live event or any live sporting event, one major difference from watching the event on television is the lack of play-by-play commentary. The WWE Live Commentary Radio is going to change that, allowing fans in attendance to listen to the SummerSlam television broadcast featuring the likes of WWE Hall of Famers Jerry “The King” Lawler and Jim Ross, as well as Michael Cole, Booker T and Josh Mathews.
The WWE Live Commentary Radio will be available at merchandise stands on the concourse for $15 each. The radios are yours to keep and can be used as a traditional FM radio once the event has ended, and they can be used at future live events where WWE Commentary Radio is available.

Seems like a cool idea.

Holy shit that picture is staggeringly vile. My stomach just turned.
but i still would

Thanks for the cheddar bo update, next time I'm looking to have heartburn, I'll try and order one.

Um... wrestling, wrestling...

I just rewatched the Wrestlemania 2000 match between the Dudleys, Edge & Christian, and the Hardys. If you had told me that 11 years later, the Dudleys would be possibly the best wrestlers remaining of those six, I would've laughed and laughed.

The radio thing seems like a pretty good idea for the price. The only drawback is that you'll also have to pay for the benefit of listening to Cole's commentary during the show.

So..it seems the X Division is basically the cruiserweight division now...missed a bit of the speech but I swear Bischoff said it was 225 and under. I give it like 3 weeks before they do the Matt Hardy V1 thing

You forgot something.

2ry6dc0.gif

Re: the radio thing - big laughs at people paying 15 dollars to hear Michael Cole. He could have Gordon Solie, Jesse Ventura, and Jim Ross in their primes alongside him and it still would be a fucking asinine proposition.

[quote name='diddy310']Seems like a cool idea.[/QUOTE]

It's a neat idea. But I have to question how the little radios will pick up the signals. Will the announce booth have a signal only picked up by these radios or are they going to broadcast it by taking over a dead FM frequency locally (like the internal FM transmitters in a Sirius/XM unit).

I was kinda hoping while reading it initially that it would be a smartphone app or something. That would've been real cool, but then I'd imagine we'd have to pay a ludicrous monthly fee. Then again, if I knew that I could listen to commentary of a live RAW while at work, I'd be somewhat content with that.

But then it would be like Radio WWF all over again.

'Memba Radio WWF?

The PPV main event recap video was really good and explained just what happened and why it happened. Why they didn't just air this as post-mast stuff, I have no idea since it was clearly shot right after the match. Tenay opening with "WELCOME TO AN IMPACT WRESTLING BROADCAST THAT OPENS WITH IMMORTAL" was hilarious - isn't that about 80% of the past year's shows? Bully cut a good, long promo explaining what's going on and throwing in how it's also all about him becoming world champ whenever possible. Then he buried Abyss and put Anderson over as someone who, like anyone else, could hang with him. Then they beat him up and BRD and Steiner said "BLEED ASSHOLE, BLEED!". That brought some LULz, as did the fake BOOO BOOO BOOO heat and Tenay saying HERE COME D'LO, AL SNOW, AND PAT KENNEY and then Immortal actually ran from them. Seriously. People ran away from a group involving Simon Diamond. THEN Bischoff said he was a big enough man to admit when he made a mistake, which was high comedy. Madison-Mickie was a fine opener 20 MINUTES into the show. Mickie ditched the skirt. BOOOO BOO BOOO! Freaking loved the leg spread into a face-to-crotch victory roll cover. Taz was awesome on commentary and Madison took a great bump for the Mickie-T.

Kendrick-Robbie E was worthwhile just for Aries and Taz on commentary and Robbie E going into standing convulsions after getting hairspray to the eyes. Sure, it would've been nice if Kendrick, the champion, could beat a glorified jobber clean, but whatever, this entertained me. Pope and Devon did what they do best - argued over basically nothing. Pope mentioned Mama Pope, Devon said he still didn't trust him...God, Pope, just stop trying to make this guy be your friend - he's clearly an asshole. Just fuck his wife and be done with it. Robbie and Cookie broke up by calling each other whores, bitches, and douche bags. BOO. I love those two as a comedy act. Loved Storm selling the back while drinking during the intro. The new Direct Auto Insurance ad with TNA "stars" talking about saving money on insurance was hilarious, especially with KURT ANGLE, A MAN WHO HAS MAIN EVENTED WRESTLEMANIA, talking about being excited to save $600 a year on his car insurance. Very fun 3-way tag, even though, there was always something going on, everyone looked good, and Roode got a win. Could've done without Daniels' challenge to AJ being shoe-horned into the commentary, but it made sense since every other member of Fortune (except Kaz) was out there. Both the pre and post-match graphics showed that AJ styles has far fewer points than Morgan, who has been out of the tourney for nearly a month. AJ, the first grand slam champion in company history, is in the bottom 4.

Angle came out and cut a promo about...stuff. I think the gist of this was that he screwed Sting because Dixie knew about Jeff and Karen and that's Sting's fault, and then he yelled about his informant, and how it was Hogan, who beat up Sting with a chair and things called punches...wow. This really didn't make a whole lot of sense. The part about him not wanting Dixie to have power does, but he's angry because of Jeff and Karen screwing around on him, so he...joins the group they're in. SURE, WHY THE fuck NOT!? And they once again gave away too much of Sting-Hogan, which is going to have next-to-no content in it anyway. This was hurt by a lack of logic, Hogan's offense looking terrible, with chairshots that made Lance Storm's looking like Balls Mahoney's by comparison, and canned heat making it hard to actually hear what Angle was saying, or take anything seriously. On the upside, Sting has a new Joke Sting shirt and white and black Joker paint - a perfect blend of the Crow and Ledger Joker paint.

I'm glad they gave Miss Tessmacher her real first name, because it's been needed for a long time, and seemed absurd to not give it to her after bringing up her real name on Facebook. The reason they gave for ODB and Jackie returning made next to no sense - Eric gave them a match to see if they'd get an attitude adjustment. Seriously. THAT WAS THE REASON. The match was centered around Tessmacher's ass - either with her offense, or with her bending over the top rope to make a tag. Jackie's cleavage also shined, and for being 47, she's got a nice rack on her. The match ended in TNA's new favorite way - via schoolboy cradle. Is Russo aware that other types of cradles exist? The "Direct Impact of the Night" replay was embarrassing. Having the lead announcer shill that you can get a free rate quote is just sad. At least Tenay doesn't have any credibility left to destroy. Bischoff appeared with a group of weirdos later clarified to be the X Division, and he announced that the division now has a 225 pound weight limit, so it's officially just the cruiserweight division with a different name, and really, given that the never actually defined what the division was, I guess it's fine, but it seems odd to do that NINE YEARS into the company's life. Aries was a kiss-ass to Eric, so I'm guessing he gets the title and moves up in the company's pecking order - I'm fine with this move.

Jeff and Karen came down to declare themselves the King and Queen of Mexico to continue the angle they seemingly forgot about a month ago. This ruled. The fans chanted you suck, he said they couldn't say that in two languages BUT HE COULD! Then he demanded that Hose-A and Hose-B come out and I lost it. They FINALLY showed a clip of Jeff actually winning the title, and blurred the belt to either appease AAA for a legal reason or not expose that they just stickered up the real belt. Then Hector came out and chased Jeff off after Hose-B put over how great the Guerreros are. It's a shame this is leading to Chavo Jr. probably winning the title (or something they just call the Mexican title). EY spent FOR-EVER trying to find Scott Baio. And then they just showed another Coming Soon video showing us parts of of this conclusion. Very odd. Anderson came back, sadly, not dead, but doing his best impression of either a zombie or a second-grader trying to act injured in a play. Then they did an unseen injury angle with Anderson yelling NO NO NO in agony while Bully Ray and Gunner assaulted him. It was nearly as convincing as RVD actually going "OW", but not as funny. Someone, this guy is a main eventer.

Crimson came out to a huge canned reaction for the thing called a main event. This guy had "something" as a big dude who looked cool in a black and red suit and hit people with shit. That role was good for him - the role of main eventer just doesn't suit him now, at all. He doesn't have much in the ring, he's got less on the mic, and very little presence. He's got a generic intensity to him that his Wal-Mart MMA shirt symbolizes perfectly. And THEN JB said the match was sponsored by Five Hour Energy. This seemed less low-rent than the Direct ad, but not by much. He also said that Steiner was from the University of Michigan, which like Wahoo being announced from OU in the late '80s, is ridiculous, but at least fits Steiner because it's plausible he did just come from the college trolling for pussy.

Back to Crimson, the guy should still be in squash mode because he has a handful of neat moves - the cravate knees, the T-bone, the falcon arrow, the Sky High - these are fine, but unless he's in there with someone good, like Bully Ray, his weaknesses are instantly exposed. And unlike Goldberg, who had this same push but also had far more intensity, Crimson just does moves with very little life to them. This match just refused to end at about 10:57, which made me glad that the show always ends at 11 now because I knew it'd be over soon, and it thankfully ended at 10:58 so Crimson could get beaten up by Angle and Angle's shoe afterwards. Then Morgan said all boring-like "this is just killing me". And then the show ended with Angle leg-barring Crimson in the rope while he winced in pain. His selling was better than Anderson or RVD - I'll give him that. Angle using HIS SHOE to beat up Crimson was great. Abyss uses a board with nails, Angle uses footwear. Maybe they can be sponsored by Payless, or Gary's Shoes. Or maybe the Larry Storch School of Acting can sponsor EY's quest for Scott Baio.

Seriously though, this show wasn't the greatest at anything, but did provide some fun comedy with the Jarretts and at least attempted to build to the future with the Angle-Crimson deal. Sure, it's ridiculous to have Angle try to take a guy out WITH HIS SHOE in TNA, where thumbtacks have been rendered useless, but they did at least try to get a new guy in the mix. I'd also rather have Angle-Crimson on a B-show instead of at BFG, which also means Crimson won't be winning the BFG Series, or maybe he'll lose the NS match and win the BFG one, or maybe vice versa - have him win a non-title match at NS, then become number 1 contender officially via the series, or have him get injured and taken out of the tourney, but still have a match at NS. There's a lot more they can do with this than I originally thought, and while I wish they were giving this push to someone else (maybe Joe, who actually HAS drawn money on PPV in TNA, unlike Hogan and the other 2010 guys), at least they're pushing someone new to prevent the stigma of them being an old-timers group from being completely true.

Screens -

Big Professor Pump is ya hookup

Quotes -
Angle - I’ve never beaten Sting without controversy - maybe I can’t, BUT I’M THE WORLD CHAMPION AND THAT’S ALL THAT MATTERS!
Tenay - WELCOME TO AN IMPACT WRESTLING BROADCAST THAT OPENS WITH IMMORTAL!
Bully - WE ARE IMMORTAL! And you are turning into a major disappointment! DID YOU REALLY LOSE TO AJ AT THE PPV? SERIOUSLY, ABYSS? YOU’RE ON THIN ICE! WITH BISCHOFF! Tonight, BFG series match, ME VERSUS STEINER VERSUS GUNNER VERSUS CRIMSON! 3 of us, 1 of him - he’s undefeated, TONIGHT, I GUARANTEE IT, YOUR UNDEFEATED STREAK ENDS…and no offense guys I’m getting the seven points and becoming world champion. Now let’s get down to everybody’s favorite asshole! Ya know what blows my mind? THEY LIKE YOU! THEY LIKE IT WHEN YOU CALL THEM YOUR FELLOW ASSHOLES! Now ya think I’m gonna talk bad about ya, that’s what I’m not gonna do! At HJ, ya stood with me toe to toe, took some of my best shots, I chopped the daylights outta ya and ya kept coming at me! I underestimated how touch you really are. I been in the ring with him, him, and him, and everybody, and you brought it to me as good as anybody has done it before. You’re a tough SOB! You belong in Immortal! Immortal can benefit from having Mr. Anderson in this group! Whateva we got between us, it’s over and squashed. Yes, I did beat you. But it’s…hey, it’s only for one reason - you know it - I’m a better wrestler than you. BUT YOU’RE STILL TOUGH! It’s over with, it’s not about me and you, it’s about Immortal, us taking over TNA, and me being world champ. That’s what it’s about! Why ya laughing at me? Why…I’m sitting here talking good about you to your assholes, and to those sitting at home, but you won’t shake my hand? You don’t think I’m being serious? You really are a stupid son of a bitch aren’t ya? You’re a frickin moron! YEAH YOU! I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT YOU DON’T TAKE ME SEIROUSLY!
Steiner - BLEED YA SON OF A BITCH, BLEED!
Bully - BLEED ASSHOLE, BLEED! LOOK AT HIM!
Tenay - WE NEED HELP OUT HERE! HERE COME D’LO BROWN, AL SNOW, AND PAT KENNEY!
Steiner - BLEED, ASSHOLE!
Bischoff - I’m a big enough man to admit when I made a mistake, and I made a mistake with Anderson.
Taz - Winter spewed blood right into the face of Winter.
Taz - Madison needs time to take off the tiara, that’s what they’re called Mike, for girls - tiaras.
Tenay - Yeah thanks.
Taz - Madison was playing possum there. Hot-looking possum.
Taz - SPINADUNKIE INTO A DROPKICK!
Tenay - WHAT A THESZ PRESS!
Taz - Lou never had boots like that. Well, at least not with that heel.
Taz - What’s your deal? You’re the greatest guy in the world or something?
Aries - The greatest man who ever lived.
Taz - Okay.
Taz - His gear is the combination of Gi pants and a tablecloth.
Aries - In the record book, there’s only two columns - a win column and a loss column.
Aries - Taz is the smartest man in the wrestling business.
Aries - Robbie’s a great athlete, but he’s not the greatest man who ever lived.
Tenay - We thank you for being here.
Aries - I thank me too.
Devon - WHO YA TEXTING?
Pope - MAMA POPE!
Robbie - YOU’RE A STUPID BITCH!
Cookie - MAYBE IF YOU COULD WIN A MATCH IN THE LAST YEAR, YOU SORRY ASS!
Robbie - I’M FINISHED, BRO!
Cookie - PEACE OUT, DOUCHEBAG!
Tenay - At NS, the top 4 point getters go on in two singles matches, and whoever has the most points goes onto BFG.
Tenay - WHAT!/ CHRISTOPHER DANIELS!?
Daniels - I am officially asking AJ for a rematch - ONE LAST TIME!
Tenay - DDT on R-V-D!
Angle - I wanna thank you all for your texts and tweets asking why. (fake BOOO BOOO BOOOs) I know you’re surprised - I’m Kurt Angle - TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE AMERICAN WAY. Sting, I want to aplogize to you. Last week, I was being very sincere. But over the past week, there were things I was told, and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. This isn’t about me joining the dark side. This is about someone telling me about KARENJEFF, and how Jeff has no ethics - and went after her, even though she was married. There was a third person with blood on their hands, it wasn’t a wrestler, it was a third party who was supposed to look out for my integrity. THIS PERSON WAS DIXIE CARTER! DIXIE CARTER! 3 YEARS AGO, I CAME TO YOU AND TOLD YOU ABOUT JEFF AND KAREN AND YOU TOLD ME YOU DIDN’T KNOW ANYTHING AND THAT I WAS PARANOID! Well, Jeff and Karen told this person that you knew everything. IW AS GONNA BREAK JEFF’S NECK, BUT TO AVOID A PR DISASTER, I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING. CUZ STING WAS YOUR FRIEND. I HAD TO ELIMINATE HIM, WITH THIS, AT HARDCORE JUSTICE! NOW DIXIE, WHEN I CAME HERE, YOU WANTED ME TO BE THE CENTERPIECE, THAT WAS YOUR PLAN. WELL DIXIE, THIS IS MY PLAN! I’M GONNA TAKE THE YOUNG TALENT, AND HURT THEM ONE BY ONE, UNTIL THERE’S NO ONE LEFT BY KURT ANGLE. AS LONG AS KURT ANGLE IS AROUND, YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET YOUR COMPANY BACK!
Angle - STING, YOU WANNA KNOW WHO MY INFORMANT IS!? IT’S HULK HOGAN, CUZ HE CARES ABOUT ME. HE’S INVESTED IN ME. STING, YOU AND DIXIE, PAYBACK IS GONNA BE A BITCH!
Tenay - ODB and Jackie went to Bischoff looking for an opportunity, so they have a match tonight. It’s a chance to see IF THEIR ATTITUDES HAVE BEEN AJDUSTED!
Taz - You call her Miss Tessmacher - I CALL HER BROOKE!
(after ODB’s fall away sslam)Taz - For those with hi-def, we apologize.
Taz - ODB LANDED RIGHT ON HER YAM BAG!
Tenay - THIS IS THE DIRECT IMAPCT OF THE NIGHT! FOR A FREE RATE QUOTE, GO TO DIRECTGENERAL.COM!
(X division guys are shown doing nothing)Bischoff - Guys, JUST RELAX!
Bischoff - This division is going to have a weight limit of 225 pounds or less! Next week, we’ll have a gauntlet to see how faces THE WIZARD OF ODD over here. BRING YOUR A GAME, CUZ THE EXPECTATIONS ARE FREAKING HIGH!
Aries - Eric, we’re alike - same hairstyle, and I’ll make sure this X division is great. I GOT YA!
Tenay - EXCITING NEWS ABOUT THE REBIRTH OF THE X DIVISION NEXT WEEK!
Tenay - Jeff Jarrett with the AAA Title.
Tenay - Jeff and Karen in Mexican garb.
Taz - IT’S CLOTHING. GARB IS SHORT FOR GARBAGE!
Jarrett - SILENCIA! THAT’S SHUT UP IN SPANISH, YA MORONS! It’s come to my attention that even though we’ve been crowned the king and queen of Mexico, that some people aren’t taking this serious enough. They think it’s an act - a facade. EVEN THOUGH IN ONE NIGHT, I SINGLE-HANDEDLY, TOOK DOWN AN ENTIRE ORGANIZATION - THE BIGGEST IN MEXICO, TOOK OVER A COUNTRY, RENAMED IT THE IMMORTAL WORLD TITLE - THAT ISN’T ENOUGH. BUT SOMEONE TOLD ME SOMETHING. They said Jeff, ya need to learn the nuances of the Mexicans! (fans say you suck) I BET YOU CAN’T SAY THAT IN TWO LANGUAGES - BUT I CAN. My friend told me ya need to understand the nuances and get endorsed by the Mexicans and the seriousness can be brought upon the Immortal world title. So what I’ve done is GOTTEN ENDORSED. I’ve got two guys - HOSE-A, AND HOSE-B, WHO DO THE LANDSCAPING. UNINSURED, UNBONDED, AND DAMN SURE UNLISENCED! THE LOPEZ BROTHERS! Guys, you remind me of guys here who don’t know how to find a camera - we’re gonna make this simple. Hose-A, in your own words, all you have to do is make this simple and endorse the king and queen and tell the great people of IW that we are the king and queen of Mexico.
Jose - Que?
Karen - NO, THAT’S J. DO YOU NOT KNOW THE FREAKING ALPHABET!?
Jeff - Just say that Jeff and Karen are the king and queen of Mexico.
Jose - Que?
Jeff - HOSE-B, MAKE IT SIMPLE!
Hose-B - HECTOR!
Jeff - COME HERE, HOSE-B! Just one time - Jeff Jarrett is the king of Mexico!
Hose-B - GUERREROS LA FAMILIA!
Jeff - I understand what you said, but just say it once more - JEFF JARRETT IS THE KING OF MEXICO!
Hose -B - HECTOR, GORY, CHAVO, EDDIE - LA FAMILIA GUERRERO!
Tenay - HECTOR’S TRYING TO SAVE HIS COUNTRYMEN!
EY - We’re gonna get some intel - a star map. You can always trust a guy on the side of the road with a booth.
Morgan - I WOULD DIE FOR A SHOT AT THE WORLD TITLE!
JB - THIS MAIN EVENT IS SPONSORED BY FIVE HOUR ENERGY - IT FIXES TIRED FAST!
JB - FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHICAN, SCOTT STEINER!
Morgan - Taz, you mentioned earlier that it’s easier to suplex a guy who’s bigger than you because you’re under him, and it’s true.
Tenay - THAT’S EXACTLY THE KIND OF ANALYSIS WE GET EVERY WEEK FROM OUR BFG SERIES ANALYST, MATT MORGAN!
Taz - ANGLE’S BEATING UP CRIMSON! WITH HIS SHOE!
Morgan - This is killing me guys, killing me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its a good idea in theory as announcing has always been a big part of the WWF/E experience...Cole kinda dampens it, but it would be nice to hear King/JR's call during a main event.

I imagine it'll last until some drunk guy figures out that they can swing it around by the headphones and throw it at the ring.

[quote name='Purple Flames']The radio thing seems like a pretty good idea for the price. The only drawback is that you'll also have to pay for the benefit of listening to VINTAGE Cole commentary during the show.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Actually it is a pretty damn cool idea. I wish I would have had something like that years ago when I had gone to a couple of WcW Nitro's And Raw shows and was sitting in the nosebleeds. The commentary is the one thing I actually missed during those things.

[quote name='Purple Flames']The radio thing seems like a pretty good idea for the price. The only drawback is that you'll also have to pay for the benefit of listening to Cole's commentary during the show.[/QUOTE]

The announcers are fucking *terrible*. They don't know the names of holds, they don't talk about the match in front of them - and they haven't for years. Go back and watch that Samoa Joe/Essa Rios match someone posted in the last thread. They talk about everything but the match. Maybe if the commentators talked about what was going on in front of our eyes aside from the occasional "1..2..OH!" and pithy mention of "what a maneuver!" during a high spot. But not $15 for the horseshit that they call announcing these days.

While I'm at it...JR can sell a feud, but he can't call a match. Him being the best announcer is like Trish Stratus being the best women's wrestler of the past decade. You have to try really hard to be awful if he is far and above the best. Sorry, but he's crazy over-rated.

I want someone who respects me as a fan and a viewer, and that's someone who can sell the match, call the moves, and treat it like a sport. Cole almost got there as he did a great job during Punk/Cena, but go see what his commentary is like at 9:40 on a Monday night. Chances are you'll be watching Kofi Kingston in the ring with some douchbag (let's say Jack Swagger), and Cole will be talking about Triple H or John Cena or the WWE Universe. Count on it. Why would I pay $15 for that bullshit?

It's a markish thing to say Cole sucks. WWE announcing is fucking awful on the whole.

"@akioyang
It has been over 6 weeks since i wrestles for tna and i still havent been paid and the check that they sent me 2 weeks ago bounced WTF!!!!!"

[quote name='onyxprimal']"@akioyang
it has been over 6 weeks since i wrestles for tna and i still havent been paid and the check that they sent me 2 weeks ago bounced wtf!!!!!"[/quote]

ecw! Ecw! Ecw! Ecw!

For those wondering how the radio thing will work, it will probably be similar to the drive in theater here. The signal has a small area that it is covering so it can use an existing FM signal. I don't think it has to be dead as the theater uses stations that pick up normal radio once you get outside of the area, though maybe not I'm not sure.

I just wonder though if there is going to be any reason you have to buy these or if you could just start bringing radios or something like your phone with you. You'd probably have to sneak the headphones in though as they'll want you to buy theirs if they don't see the WWE radio.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']"@akioyang
It has been over 6 weeks since i wrestles for tna and i still havent been paid and the check that they sent me 2 weeks ago bounced WTF!!!!!"[/QUOTE]

It's been a long time since I've watched the cartoon, but reading this in the voice of Toki from Dethklok makes it so much funnier.

EDIT: Also, lollllllllll at whoever cited a dirt sheet the other day that claimed TNA was profitable.

Oh, I know dude. I know. He serves the 'nati.

Honestly, setting up a company that specializes in bed bug control for large businesses? That's smart thinking, I'd say. Certainly lots of work available, and it's good, honest work. Good for him.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, I know dude. I know. He serves the 'nati.

Honestly, setting up a company that specializes in bed bug control for large businesses? That's smart thinking, I'd say. Certainly lots of work available, and it's good, honest work. Good for him.[/QUOTE]

He's probably making more than some TNA upper mid carders.

Shane Douglas talked about how he thinks a Wrestling Union is a good idea. I cant even imagine how many blood vessals the conservative McMahon family would blow if wrestlers even began openly discussing this.

In conclusion, Shane puts over Terry Funk and Roddy Piper as guys who are alive and still contributing to the business. He feels wrestlers have lost too many of their colleagues and that a union would be good. He wants people to start a new revolution in wrestling by tuning into JCW and that it has to start somewhere, so why not here and now.

Not sure how you turn a desire for unionization into a plug for the Insane Clown Posse, but...well, there it is.

Jesse Ventura got in hot water when Hogan ratted him out for talking about unionization.

The structure of the wrestling business makes unionization hard because it stresses individuality and competition against your co-workers. It might happen, but it would be due to a massive walkout by TNA talent. Which, again, will not happen. They'd find scabs like *that*.

[quote name='mykevermin']Not sure how you turn a desire for unionization into a plug for the Insane Clown Posse, but...well, there it is.

Jesse Ventura got in hot water when Hogan ratted him out for talking about unionization.

The structure of the wrestling business makes unionization hard because it stresses individuality and competition against your co-workers. It might happen, but it would be due to a massive walkout by TNA talent. Which, again, will not happen. They'd find scabs like *that*.[/QUOTE]

Say what you will about the ICP, but they've done some good for several indie guys who I thought I'd never see on a national level. Never once dreamed I'd see Corporal Robinson anywhere other than the Colgate Arena for OVW, or Mad Man Pondo outside of IWA.

[quote name='mykevermin']Not sure how you turn a desire for unionization into a plug for the Insane Clown Posse, but...well, there it is.

The structure of the wrestling business makes unionization hard because it stresses individuality and competition against your co-workers. It might happen, but it would be due to a massive walkout by TNA talent. Which, again, will not happen. They'd find scabs like *that*.[/QUOTE]

Unions, how do they work?

hardykeepseatingandeating.gif

[quote name='mykevermin']EDIT: Also, lollllllllll at whoever cited a dirt sheet the other day that claimed TNA was profitable.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#

To be fair, I sure as fuck don't think they are.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
hardykeepseatingandeating.gif

:whistle2:#

To be fair, I sure as fuck don't think they are.[/QUOTE]

Its wrong that all I can think is....damn that looks like really good pizza.

[quote name='xilly']Say what you will about the ICP, but they've done some good for several indie guys who I thought I'd never see on a national level. Never once dreamed I'd see Corporal Robinson anywhere other than the Colgate Arena for OVW, or Mad Man Pondo outside of IWA.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you hear a lot of guys talk about ICP and how much fun they are to work for and how much they respect the business, but I wonder how much of that is true and how much is "don't upset the money marks".

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Unions, how do they work?[/QUOTE]

I'll get a scientist to explain it to ya....but he would probably just piss ya off.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Yeah, you hear a lot of guys talk about ICP and how much fun they are to work for and how much they respect the business, but I wonder how much of that is true and how much is "don't upset the money marks".[/QUOTE]

As much as it pains me to admit it, I've never once heard someone bad mouth ICP who got anywhere near them. They've always been described as immensely personable, hugely respectful of wrestling, incredibly faithful to their fans - even well before they became ridiculously wealthy.

The people who do badmouth ICP are those like myself, who don't know them, who certainly don't get Juggalo culture, and think it's little more than a bunch of dirty hillbilly white kids thinking they're rebelling.

But I have known a few people who were close to them, and again, I've never heard anyone say shit about them who knows them. So I think they're more than money marks. Given the choice between putting those two and Dixie Carter in charge of a wrestling promotion - quite honestly, who would you choose?

[quote name='mykevermin']As much as it pains me to admit it, I've never once heard someone bad mouth ICP who got anywhere near them. They've always been described as immensely personable, hugely respectful of wrestling, incredibly faithful to their fans - even well before they became ridiculously wealthy.

The people who do badmouth ICP are those like myself, who don't know them, who certainly don't get Juggalo culture, and think it's little more than a bunch of dirty hillbilly white kids thinking they're rebelling.

But I have known a few people who were close to them, and again, I've never heard anyone say shit about them who knows them. So I think they're more than money marks. Given the choice between putting those two and Dixie Carter in charge of a wrestling promotion - quite honestly, who would you choose?[/QUOTE]

I would highly encourage you to torrent one of the JCW tapes. Their commentaries are fucking outrageous. I know on one of them Chris Hero (I believe it is) does a flying splash and practically teabags the guy. ICP - whom had been referring to him as Chris Homo for the whole match due to the superman logo shirt he wore - called it something like the "flying eat my man pussy" or some shit. I laughed my balls off, and it was STILL better than commentary for TNA.

I'm pretty sure they've got immense respect for the business. If you haven't seen it, here's ICP showing up on the Hardcore Heaven 1997 PPV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXsRO48XgG8

[quote name='mykevermin']But I have known a few people who were close to them, and again, I've never heard anyone say shit about them who knows them. So I think they're more than money marks. Given the choice between putting those two and Dixie Carter in charge of a wrestling promotion - quite honestly, who would you choose?[/QUOTE]

ICP in charge couldn't be any worse than Dixie in charge.

[quote name='xilly']I would highly encourage you to torrent one of the JCW tapes.[/QUOTE]

I did (or do?) own VHS copies of Stranglemania 1 and 2 (the original of the former, which was re-recorded and changed when it went to a commercial release). I thought the video was hilarious, but I'm not sure I could deal with that week in and week out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXGMHf-GD6k

Please guys, open your wallets for a wrestling legend.
Axl Rotten on twitter said that if he doesn't come up with $5,000 he will be evicted at the end of the month and was asking for paypal donations.

[quote name='Spyder187']Id rather hear Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J call Raw than Cole/Lawler any day of the week. Rating boost indeed.[/QUOTE]

I was laughing so hard at the way they aped all the classic catch phrases.

TREMENDOUS UPPER BODY STRENGTH!

[quote name='mykevermin']I did (or do?) own VHS copies of Stranglemania 1 and 2 (the original of the former, which was re-recorded and changed when it went to a commercial release). I thought the video was hilarious, but I'm not sure I could deal with that week in and week out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Stranglemania is compilations from other promotions. JCW is strictly their promotion. Hearing them do color commentary as they call themselves wrestling in the ring is awesome (hope you understand what I mean, weird wording there) and it's very akin to hearing Joel Gertner talk up the Dudley Boyz.

Juggalos are some of my least favorite people on Earth, but ICP sound like good guys. They had that backyard wrestling game, though, and that's not as good.

[quote name='MSI Magus'] Shane puts over Terry Funk[/QUOTE]

Into oblivicry.

I like the idea of the radio commentary, maybe not for $15, but commentary really can add a lot. Being there live is a blast but watching a match in person is just kind of different. I end up having to call it myself.

I'm stuck in a traffic jam in CA right now and just scanned past a station and Alberto Del Rio is dj'ing. Listen live @ 935kday.com

I saw Stranglemania 1 back in the day and it was beyond hilarious. I don't know if it would hold up as well now (I think I was like 18 when I saw it) but I've never forgotten how funny it was.

Assuming the whole thing is on Youtube, I'll watch it again eventually.

ICP are sometimes very clever. Yeah, it pains me to say it but I remember them being guests on Loveline back in, I dunno, 1997 and claiming that, "We have had sex at least three times, we are experts, ask your questions."

bread's done
Back