- - - - -

The HP Touchpad Guide Thread (get help with webOS, preware, video converters, etc)

#571 Vader582   Dark Lord of Savings CAGiversary!   3048 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

Unfortunately The World Factbook and WordBook English Dictionary & Thesaurus codes have reached their limits.

#572 Layd Dly  

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

hell guess I'll have to take a poke at it tonight then

You wont regret it. :bouncy:

#573 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5217 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

No! The tap ripple is back! WHY!!

#574 DirkBelig   The Belligerent One CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:01 AM

I ran the 3.0.4 update last night, but didn't do much with mine. Today, my friend calls me to say that running the update breaks overclocking, etc. Thanks, pal.

As for my stolen one, FedEx washed their hands of it; HP never got back to me and didn't charge me. I've got my Transformer and have a Kindle Fire ordered and got a Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch and that makes the Transformer seem pokey. True!

#575 david12795  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

my touchpad automatically installed the update for me, though i was trying to avoid it because i heard someone said you cant install android with that update. either way, im too lazy to do anything with my TP :)

#576 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

3.0.4 breaks uberkernel, but most of the other preware installs are intact and running.

They'll get around to updating everything soon.

My only issue with the update is now my touchpad has a very slight almost flicker when doing certain transitional movements. I don't like it. Reminds me of a loose inverter cable (hinge cable) on a laptop.

#577 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

since the update I have had problems with internet connectivity.

My connects just fine. Maybe you'll have to reset your router.

#578 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5217 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

Blah to OC gone, that sucks. You can still install CM7 but if you updated and had android you need to reinstall moboot through novacom command line.

#579 reininop   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:29 AM

Just got my shipping notification from HP Small Business as well from the cart hack.

For those of you considering the android build, Alpha 1 has been pretty stable for me. I haven't had the chance to try Alpha 2 yet. It is a dual boot situation so you can also switch to WebOS whenever you want as well.

For those of you not in any hurry, I'd wait for Beta or full release. The install, while not difficult, isn't user friendly either to the average tablet user. If you feel you have some aptitude at these sorts of things, I'd give it a try though.

#580 Strigol   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

anyone hook me up w/ the CM7 install instructions / dl link for alpha2?

#581 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1546 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

Rootzwiki.com or xda.

#582 pjb16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

Is there any way to setup the Touchpad so that I don't have to re-enter login info every time I go to a particular forum.

#583 phantomfriar2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1576 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

phantomfriar2002

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

Wow, my order finally shipped...didn't see that one coming.

Is the Amazon Fire going to be a better option than the Touchpad? At this point I'd be willing to Ebay my Touchpad since the going rate on a 32gb is pretty decent, unless there's a better reason to go with it.

#584 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

Is the Amazon Fire going to be a better option than the Touchpad? At this point I'd be willing to Ebay my Touchpad since the going rate on a 32gb is pretty decent, unless there's a better reason to go with it.

You're better off keeping the Touchpad. The Fire is nice, but I'm positive the Touchpad is much better. Do your use a lot of Amazon services?

#585 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1546 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hell no. The fire is no where near the same league. WebOS is pretty good as it is, and if you ever want to try Android the port is coming along very nicely, most of the bugs have been worked out already. I think once Android 4.0 is released it'll really show off the touchpad hardware.

#586 Os Money   CAGaholic! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:16 AM

Yes it does. Uberkernel has been updated, and the f4 and f15 kernels are in the alpha and beta feeds.

thanks for the info, both of you guys!

#587 phantomfriar2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1576 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

phantomfriar2002

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:19 AM

Hell no. The fire is no where near the same league. WebOS is pretty good as it is, and if you ever want to try Android the port is coming along very nicely, most of the bugs have been worked out already. I think once Android 4.0 is released it'll really show off the touchpad hardware.

Thanks, sounds like the Touchpad is the better way to go. I would be interested in Android if the port comes out.

#588 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1546 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:44 AM

Thanks, sounds like the Touchpad is the better way to go. I would be interested in Android if the port comes out.

Hit xda and check out the touchpad section, I just dual booted my Touchpad with WebOS and Android using cm 2.1 alpha. Still have a few bugs in it, but it works very well for an alpha build.

#589 htown01   Texas CAG CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

I checked Preware this morning and they have updates for several patches, including the muffle system logging.

#590 Malik112099   Got Wife? CAGiversary!   8221 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Malik112099

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Got my third one the other day (dont remember ordering it) but oh well, ill take it. Will be going to my sister as an xmas gift.

I put Cyanogenmod on one of my other ones and now i am dual booting android and webOS. Havent had a chance to really mess with Android but its not too bad so far (im not really a fan of android).

#591 Video-Gamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Video-Gamer

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

Yes, it is USB 'A Male to Micro 5pin Male' cable like this one.

What exactly is the use of this with the TouchPad?

#592 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:01 PM

What exactly is the use of this with the TouchPad?

Charging and mass-storage access from a PC.

#593 Video-Gamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Video-Gamer

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

Charging and mass-storage access from a PC.

Thanks.
Would you happen to know if the update fixed the skype video calling freeze issues? Or any one else can reported anything on that?

#594 visceralentity   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   12 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

visceralentity

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:10 AM

installed cm7 alpha2 and ezpdf and wow, id say at least a 2.5x increase in speed. (my primary use is reading)

tinkered with some other stuff and did get some crashing, still, i'm content.

#595 thekrayze   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

thekrayze

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

Got my third one the other day (dont remember ordering it) but oh well, ill take it. Will be going to my sister as an xmas gift.

I put Cyanogenmod on one of my other ones and now i am dual booting android and webOS. Havent had a chance to really mess with Android but its not too bad so far (im not really a fan of android).

i put cyanogen on mine last night and overclocked the webPOS to 1.5Ghz. all were simple steps IMO, and not damaging to the device at all. also, IMO, these are just enhancements that make the device better. what other device can dual boot. EXACTLY.
for example, i was taking some survey spot surveys in android. wanted to watch Supernatural on CWTV.com. (using Dolphin HD browser) it loaded the mobile site for cwtv. it would not let me watch the full episode. so i rebooted into webOS and watched it. i have found uses fro both OS's.

now i need to overclock android to 1.5 it lags a bit, but only really in the marketplace for me.

In all, i have seen purposes for both and i will continue to use both. i have not used a laptop in the last few days. my thoughts could have been all wrong. a good tablet could almost replace a laptop (but never a desktop)

#596 tbassett   MW2 Still King CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

looking for some advice, those that got android running on their TouchPad . How does chrome run on it? I do not like the web browser that comes with webOS. My main complaint is lack of tabs, webOS card browsing sucks

#597 phantomfriar2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1576 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

phantomfriar2002

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

i put cyanogen on mine last night and overclocked the webPOS to 1.5Ghz. all were simple steps IMO, and not damaging to the device at all. also, IMO, these are just enhancements that make the device better. what other device can dual boot. EXACTLY.

Whats the degree of difficulty on putting Android on there at this point. Right now I'm torn between doing it or waiting until it's developed beyond alpha stage. I'm not THE most tech savvy but I put Windows on my old linux-based notebook and I assume this probably isn't nearly as difficult as that.

#598 eliter1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2957 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

Whats the degree of difficulty on putting Android on there at this point. Right now I'm torn between doing it or waiting until it's developed beyond alpha stage. I'm not THE most tech savvy but I put Windows on my old linux-based notebook and I assume this probably isn't nearly as difficult as that.

All you need to do is put some files in your TouchPad, put a files in a specific place on your PC and us the command prompt to run some commands. It's nothing the average person can't do.

#599 Strigol   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:30 PM

http://reviewhorizon...on-hp-touchpad/

thats the guide I used when I put android on mine

it's SUPER simple when following those instructions

#600 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16351 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:33 AM

http://reviewhorizon...on-hp-touchpad/

thats the guide I used when I put android on mine

it's SUPER simple when following those instructions

thanks. a couple more revisions (to make it a little more stable) and i'm gonna follow that site.

Android Touchpad for xmas!