Cant find any reviews on Warhammer 40k Space Marine. Is it any good?

[quote name='Ryuukishi'] looks like it could be a solid experience like Transformers: War for Cybertron.[/QUOTE]

If your trying to convince him to buy it you should have probablly left that part out, you want to increase your credibility, not decrease it.

[quote name='gargus']If your trying to convince him to buy it you should have probablly left that part out, you want to increase your credibility, not decrease it.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? What was so bad about WFC? It may not have been Gears but it was a solid, fun title that High Moon had a right to be proud of.

Also, I'm not trying to "convince" anyone to do anything :lol:, just shooting the breeze about a game that looks like it could be fun.

[quote name='MSUHitman']THQ didn't send copies out to reviewers[/QUOTE]

I wonder why not. Trying to avoid a DNF-like bashing?

Actually I think they did send out copies to reviewers. They just didn't do it until right before release.

[quote name='ihadFG']Actually I think they did send out copies to reviewers. They just didn't do it until right before release.[/QUOTE]

Going by the article it sounds like IGN didn't get it until release day so I'm guessing it was largely a cold opening, but maybe there were a few that got early copies. Of course that brings up the question of whether they were able to access the online features.

If your trying to convince him to buy it you should have probablly left that part out, you want to increase your credibility, not decrease it.
Oh really? There's something out there that you DON'T like? Well that's a big fucking change of pace.

After homefront i think thq is going to stop giving early copies even if its a a+ game. imo the reviewers rated it to low and i think they were still getting payed by activision or the reviewers just fanboyed cod. was at least a solid 8 if not 8.5 due to the online.. but a 7 wtf. :)

bet the same thing will happen to battlefield. probably bring up lag or something haha

[quote name='King J Gatz']I played the demo and liked it but is the rest of the game fun? Can't find any reviews online. Help pimp in distress!!!!![/QUOTE]

If you liked the demo you should like the whole game... Yes, you kill Orks for about half the game but Relic does a real good job of mixing up the encounters. Aka the tactics you have to use change noticeably from battle to battle... and, really, I was quite impressed with the story. (Now, like any shooter it can be boiled down to “Go to 'A' kill everything between here and there... and then go to B and repeat” but the story has some surprising and great depth. Allot, but not all, of the voice acting is quite good.)

The MP is solid but a bit undercooked. Its very competent, the challenges/unlocks will keep you playing, but there's only two modes... Team Deathmatch and a Territory capture game.

Admittedly, I'm a big 40K fan so I'm a bit bias but I can honestly say... This is the game I've waited 15 years* to play and it does NOT disappoint in any way, shape, or form. (If only DNF could have said that.)

* 15 years is not my age, its my time exposed to the 40K universe. Also, I think its pretty safe to say that the talented people at Relic have dreamed for the chance to make this game... Its obvious that it was a labor of love.

As for the comparisons to War for Cybertron... I think they are pretty fitting as that was another game that people had waited decades to play, myself included, and it didn't disappoint outside of some voice work too. (IMHO)

Honestly, I think Warhammer 40K: Space Marine is runner up only to Batman: Arkham Asylum as this consoles generations best licensed IP game... (and really, all three of them; Space Marine, Arkham, and WfC, rank real damn high on the all time list.)

Gee, i played the tabletop game 20 years ago. I just don't remember any orcs. We played with aliens (were they called gensdealer or something).
Pretty fun the play.
I am not sure how the game is and true to the tabletop it is. I fear it may shatter my memories.

bread's done
Back