Copy of Battlefield 3 with 2 years of IGN Prime (79.99)

Hydro2Oxide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Just got an email this fine evening:

bf3-email.jpg

This may only apply to previous Prime subscribers. I hopped on for a trial and left a few months back. Anyone know if Prime for 2 years is worth the extra cost? The 15% discounts on D2D don't sound half bad.

It looks like there's a code attached to this email in the link, and it may be unique.

well if you do the math, in order to break even you will need to purchase $133.33 in 2 years of games to save $20, assuming you want to pay $60 for BF3. But if you see other incentives to it then maybe you might find it useful, however that is too much for me. But if you get this and decide to get upcoming pc games like Skyrim, MW3, Dead Rising 2 off the record, and Saints Row 3 upon release, then you might save some more money than if you werent a prime member.

What the frick is IGN Prime for 80 bones? I haven't been to IGN's site in years, so I'm not aware of what recent shenanigans they have been pulling.

Here's the IGN prime perks

IGN Prime: Be a VIP
Discover the evolution of IGN Insider.
May 3, 2011

by IGN Staff

We here at IGN love video games. But you knew that, because that's why you're here, right? What you might not know is that IGN recently launched a new service for those of you that want even more out of your experience here on our site. It's called IGN Prime.

In the past, different sites on our network have had different subscription services. We wanted to do things differently, so that's why we created IGN Prime. This single service combines all the original subscriptions into one, and gives you plenty of new content to top it off. This isn't normal IGN content we're locking behind a wall -- this is stuff you can't find anywhere else on IGN.

So what do you get out of Prime?

Save Money
If you're a member of Prime, you're getting a 15 percent discount on everything sold by our friends at Direct2Drive. You'll also get access to in-game items that you can't find anywhere else.

Learn from the Pros
We're working with pro gamers, as well as our colleagues in the game development community, to build IGN Prime's Video Game University. This members-only section of the site hosts in-depth videos that will teach you about your favorite games. Video Game University will also feature commentary straight from game developers on the inner workings of their jobs.

VIP Access
As a member of IGN Prime, you'll have VIP access to events both on and offline. You'll be invited to exclusive game betas, movie screenings, music tours, and more. We'll even host Prime-only events like tournaments so you can come meet your fellow members.

If you're interested, there's plenty of ways to get started. From now until May 9th, you can get one month of Prime for a single dollar, and you can enter to win a trip to E3 2011 and be a gaming rockstar. Following May 9th, you still have plenty of options:
One Month: $6.95
One Year: $49.95
Two Years: $79.95
See you around, gamers.

[quote name='Thomas96']Lol I kept thinking it was for Amazon prime.... Lol.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, if it was for Amazon Prime I would have totally jumped on this deal considering the fact that prime is around that price. But IGN Prime? Hell no.

For anyone actually considering this deal, I randomly got a free upgrade to ign prime when it was introduced nearly a year ago (had an ign account, some people got it for some reason) and have yet to redeem a single bit of the "Free Sh*t!" they send you. It's almost always related to crappy flash/facebook-like games or bad indie games.

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']For anyone actually considering this deal, I randomly got a free upgrade to ign prime when it was introduced nearly a year ago (had an ign account, some people got it for some reason) and have yet to redeem a single bit of the "Free Sh*t!" they send you. It's almost always related to crappy flash/facebook-like games or bad indie games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for being one of the few people with actual info on the service. Looks like this one's a dud.

god IGN Prime is such a terrible deal... Everything they offer is offered free elsewhere and the D2D discount stacks with nothing, making it fairly useless. PASS

Didn't IGN sell D2D? Is that discount even still valid? I haven't seen a single sale on IGN's new digital download site to date.

bread's done
Back