PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle w/ Bonus DLC available for pre-order on Amazon for $299

JP73

CAGiversary!
Bundle is out on November 1st

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-320GB-Unc..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1316837143&sr=1-1

Nice. Very similar to the Infamous 2 bundle, only without the free PS+ for 30 days, though you do get the bonus DLC with pre-order.

Maybe this explains why Toys R Us had that 249 fire-sale on the inFamous 2 bundle.

EDIT: Actually, according to the box art, this also includes the free PS+ 30 day trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, glad I didn't open the 160gb I bought from Gamestop yet. Gonna return it and pre-order this bundle since I was planning on pre-ordering Uncharted 3 there too.

While I'm there I'll find out if this bundle qualifies for the penny arcade poster and creepy crawler kickback.

hmm interesting. Im gonna need a new PS3. Mines been dead for months and months now. I keep waiting for a sale around the holidays, this may be the system to get.

One thing though. If i read it right the only pre order bonus you get is some weak DLC for multiplayer. Is that right? I could'nt care less about that myself, so if thats all I will probably wait for a sale around xmas. TC is right though this helps explain the infamous 2 bundle sale. I didn't jump on that because i already had infamous 2

I wonder what kind of sales we'll get around the holidays.. i got a new 360 simply because i was worried the gears of war one would sell out fast like the RE system did, but sonys not having any true LE systems so theres no rush

Why can't Sony be a little creative with these bundles? All you get is a vanilla system and controller. Look at the recent Gears of War 3 system bundle MS put out. Cool graphics on the system and controllers both.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm interesting. Im gonna need a new PS3. Mines been dead for months and months now. I keep waiting for a sale around the holidays, this may be the system to get.

One thing though. If i read it right the only pre order bonus you get is some weak DLC for multiplayer. Is that right? I could'nt care less about that myself, so if thats all I will probably wait for a sale around xmas. TC is right though this helps explain the infamous 2 bundle sale. I didn't jump on that because i already had infamous 2

I wonder what kind of sales we'll get around the holidays.. i got a new 360 simply because i was worried the gears of war one would sell out fast like the RE system did, but sonys not having any true LE systems so theres no rush[/QUOTE]
Why not just stalk the Amazon Warehouse Deals site and get a used-like new condition 160gb slim from them for $180 shipped? Their used consoles are leagues better than the used crap you'd get from Gamestop.

At least then you're saving about $50-60 from MSRP.;)

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Why can't Sony be a little creative with these bundles? All you get is a vanilla system and controller. Look at the recent Gears of War 3 system bundle MS put out. Cool graphics on the system and controllers both.[/QUOTE]

thats what im saying. MS has some neat bundles. Sony always just throws a regular system in with a game.. meh. Japan gets some unique stuff. I REALLY wanted the Japanese Ni No Kuni PS3. That thing was sexy

http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/01/ninokuni-sony-japan-announces-limited-edition-and-pretty-ps3/

Lazy ass Sony USA

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why not just stalk the Amazon Warehouse Deals site and get a used-like new condition 160gb slim from them for $180 shipped? Their used consoles are leagues better than the used crap you'd get from Gamestop.

At least then you're saving about $50-60 from MSRP.[/QUOTE]

yuck, a used system? No thank you. I never buy new games for current gen stuff, I would especially never buy a used system. These things are flakey enough if you take super good care of them, i dont want something that someone treated god knows know. Supposedly the wharehouse stuffs not too bad, but its still used.

I hope these go on sale for about 250 around the holidays. I guess the plus to the pre order bonus being so lame is im not inclined at all to pre order it

[quote name='Kaiser499']Wonder what the DLC is that you get in this bundle?[/QUOTE]

it says in the link. SOme clip mods and some kinda grenade skill. I think all for multiplayer or something. Pretty weak incentive overall

[quote name='Kenshindono']yuck, a used system? No thank you. I never buy new games for current gen stuff, I would especially never buy a used system. These things are flakey enough if you take super good care of them, i dont want something that someone treated god knows know. Supposedly the wharehouse stuffs not too bad, but its still used.

I hope these go on sale for about 250 around the holidays. I guess the plus to the pre order bonus being so lame is im not inclined at all to pre order it[/QUOTE]
The standalone system by itself is $250 already. So just go trade some games into Best Buy or wherever, pre-order a game for $5 to get the 40% bonus and you should be able to get enough to cover a new system.

FYI: A good percentage of folks ordering the consoles used from AWD get them in truly like new condition, where nothing even looks like it's been opened. Albeit I did have an experience where I received a 'like new' console that had parts missing and chips in the top of the console. But that's a rarity and not the norm.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The standalone system by itself is $250 already. So just go trade some games into Best Buy or wherever, pre-order a game for $5 to get the 40% bonus and you should be able to get enough to cover a new system.

FYI: A good percentage of folks ordering the consoles used from AWD get them in truly like new condition, where nothing even looks like it's been opened. Albeit I did have an experience where I received a 'like new' console that had parts missing and chips in the top of the console. But that's a rarity and not the norm.[/QUOTE]

exactly what I did at bestbuy, now I'm sitting with all this credit on Amazon

See, I'm not sure you will see a sale. It's a limited edition bundle. Rarely do you see a sale on those, that Toys R Us thing was really a rare occurrence. I didn't see any deals on the black ops or killzone 3 bundle. And as popular and highly anticipated as Uncharted 3 is, this thing will go quick.

Why can't Sony be a little creative with these bundles? All you get is a vanilla system and controller. Look at the recent Gears of War 3 system bundle MS put out. Cool graphics on the system and controllers both.

A lot of people buying new systems are people that are new to the console. So they might never have played the game. And then there are people that don't like it. And others might like the game, but for whatever reason might not want a specific paint scheme/design on their console. A solid black console goes nicely in almost any living room. One with a Gears of War paint scheme? Probably not as many as a solid black. So when you release a bundle with a paint scheme of a specific game, you are kind of painting the purchaser into a corner. They are mostly designed at die hard fans of the particular game.

Besides, you can always buy skins.

Pretty tight bundle, waiting for other retailers, Amazon free shipping takes too long :whistle2:( I bet this will be available in Best Buy. Oh, Amazon's pre-order DLC bonus is weak, it's embarrassing...

IBTG (In before the Gargus)

I would get this bundle if I didn't already have the game paid off at Gamestop because I get nervous that my 80gb will die out any minute.

[quote name='JP73']See, I'm not sure you will see a sale. It's a limited edition bundle. Rarely do you see a sale on those, that Toys R Us thing was really a rare occurrence. I didn't see any deals on the black ops or killzone 3 bundle. And as popular and highly anticipated as Uncharted 3 is, this thing will go quick.

A lot of people buying new systems are people that are new to the console. So they might never have played the game. And then there are people that don't like it. And others might like the game, but for whatever reason might not want a specific paint scheme/design on their console. A solid black console goes nicely in almost any living room. One with a Gears of War paint scheme? Probably not as many as a solid black. So when you release a bundle with a paint scheme of a specific game, you are kind of painting the purchaser into a corner. They are mostly designed at die hard fans of the particular game.

Besides, you can always buy skins.[/QUOTE]
:applause:Especially at the 'you can always buy skins' portion. Honestly, I'd rather if Sony made a console with a different color plastic(or clear:shock:) rather than some graphics on the damn thing.

But then again I buy a console to play and not to look at n go 'ooooo pretty'.:razz::booty:

[quote name='Serpentor']Pretty tight bundle, waiting for other retailers, Amazon free shipping takes too long :whistle2:( I bet this will be available in Best Buy. Oh, Amazon's pre-order DLC bonus is weak, it's embarrassing...[/QUOTE]

Best Buy also has it available for pre-order online, but with no DLC.

As far as the DLC bonus being "weak" and "embarrassing", the whole bundle is essentially a bonus. A 320 Gig unit retails at 299. So here you get a free 60 dollar game on release day.

[quote name='JP73']See, I'm not sure you will see a sale. It's a limited edition bundle. Rarely do you see a sale on those, that Toys R Us thing was really a rare occurrence. I didn't see any deals on the black ops or killzone 3 bundle. And as popular and highly anticipated as Uncharted 3 is, this thing will go quick.

Besides, you can always buy skins.[/QUOTE]

lol..putting "skins" on your stock system is ghetto. These 360 bundles are limited editions and reflect the game they are bundled with. Plain black is the standard version and always available, so anybody can get one of those. The LE versions are really cool and are for those people who like something with style tied to a popular game. You don't have to be a "die-hard fan. I'm not a die-hard Gears fan, but I did buy the Gears 360 bundle over a plain system because of the extras and graphics. It's just bad-ass...lol. Plus these systems will always be worth more due to collectors and avid fans. Nobody collects the plain black systems..lol.

As for Sony.....they have always had PSP bundles with the PSP itself reflecting the games they are bundled with. Not sure why they are so boring with the PS3.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']lol..putting "skins" on your stock system is ghetto. These 360 bundles are limited editions and reflect the game they are bundled with. Plain black is the standard version and always available, so anybody can get one of those. The LE versions are really cool and are for those people who like something with style tied to a popular game. You don't have to be a "die-hard fan. I'm not a die-hard Gears fan, but I did buy the Gears 360 bundle over a plain system because of the extras and graphics. It's just bad-ass...lol. Plus these systems will always be worth more due to collectors and avid fans. Nobody collects the plain black systems..lol.

As for Sony.....they have always had PSP bundles with the PSP itself reflecting the games they are bundled with. Not sure why they are so boring with the PS3.[/QUOTE]
Just hope that you get the same 360 back if you ever have to send it in for repairs or if you were to get a custom 360 with a buncha signatures from the developers of a game that the repair center doesn't do THIS to it.:whistle2:#

[quote name='JP73']Best Buy also has it available for pre-order online, but with no DLC.

As far as the DLC bonus being "weak" and "embarrassing", the whole bundle is essentially a bonus. A 320 Gig unit retails at 299. So here you get a free 60 dollar game on release day.[/QUOTE]

Correct, in fact, that outer Uncharted 3 blue box is just a sleeve. Inside is just the regular Sony 320 GB PS3 silver box and they have inserted a card with the DLC, the unlock for the month of PSN+ and the game in a not for resale case. I'm sure Amazon or some other retailer will offer at least some kind of credit or similar package for less than $300 around Black Friday. Unless you need a PS3 right now and want the game anyway, you're better off waiting.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just hope that you get the same 360 back if you ever have to send it in for repairs or if you were to get a custom 360 with a buncha signatures from the developers of a game that the repair center doesn't do THIS to it.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Well no, I don't carry my 360 around with me to use it as an autograph book..lol. I'm not that geeky. With the old fatty models system failure might have been a concern, but the slim model is much more reliable. There is a place here where I live that repairs systems if I ever have the misfortune of having my Gears system or my regular slim go down for the count.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']lol..putting "skins" on your stock system is ghetto. These 360 bundles are limited editions and reflect the game they are bundled with. Plain black is the standard version and always available, so anybody can get one of those. The LE versions are really cool and are for those people who like something with style tied to a popular game. You don't have to be a "die-hard fan. I'm not a die-hard Gears fan, but I did buy the Gears 360 bundle over a plain system because of the extras and graphics. It's just bad-ass...lol. Plus these systems will always be worth more due to collectors and avid fans. Nobody collects the plain black systems..lol.

As for Sony.....they have always had PSP bundles with the PSP itself reflecting the games they are bundled with. Not sure why they are so boring with the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Because the ps3 got that nice slick black!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM

Sony always wins baby

Dude, that guy is either a comedic genius or a stone cold moron. I'm opretty suire it's an act, and if so, it's brilliant. I had a nice laugh

I'd be all over this if I needed a PS3. As it is it's still a good deal but I'd wait for Black Friday. Maybe get a $50 gift card with it or something.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just hope that you get the same 360 back if you ever have to send it in for repairs or if you were to get a custom 360 with a buncha signatures from the developers of a game that the repair center doesn't do THIS to it.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

If I had a console like that, I would NEVER send it in to be repaired. You're better off attempting to repair it yourself, or getting a decent repair shop to do it for you. While I feel bad for the guy, he was setting himself up for disappointment. You can never trust what customer service agents assure you over the phone..

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The standalone system by itself is $250 already. So just go trade some games into Best Buy or wherever, pre-order a game for $5 to get the 40% bonus and you should be able to get enough to cover a new system.

FYI: A good percentage of folks ordering the consoles used from AWD get them in truly like new condition, where nothing even looks like it's been opened. Albeit I did have an experience where I received a 'like new' console that had parts missing and chips in the top of the console. But that's a rarity and not the norm.[/QUOTE]

while thats good advice for most people, and I appreciate the effort thats a no go for me. I never trade in my games, ever. Im gonna have to wait for a sale around xmas probably. I defintely want the 320 gig model too. After living with an old 40 gig for years and being out of space constantly, i dont want to worry about that again. Espeically with the PS3's memory hogging with all its games.

I just really wish sony would put out a console i would give a damn about buying =( theyre so plain

[quote name='Kenshindono']while thats good advice for most people, and I appreciate the effort thats a no go for me. I never trade in my games, ever. Im gonna have to wait for a sale around xmas probably. I defintely want the 320 gig model too. After living with an old 40 gig for years and being out of space constantly, i dont want to worry about that again. Espeically with the PS3's memory hogging with all its games.

I just really wish sony would put out a console i would give a damn about buying =( theyre so plain[/QUOTE]
I'm not a collector and I never really have been, though if I do find rarities or sought after prior gen stuff while out and about I do buy them to hold onto.

But in prior gens I held onto EVERY game I had until the next gen came around. By the time I decided to let loose some of my collection to 'upgrade' to that next console none of the titles I had were worth anything.:cry:

As for the hard drive size, you know you can just toss a 2.5" SATA 5400rpm laptop hard drive into your own PS3 and don't have to rely on Sony for the larger drives, right?;)

[quote name='Kenshindono']while thats good advice for most people, and I appreciate the effort thats a no go for me. I never trade in my games, ever. Im gonna have to wait for a sale around xmas probably. I defintely want the 320 gig model too. After living with an old 40 gig for years and being out of space constantly, i dont want to worry about that again. Espeically with the PS3's memory hogging with all its games.

I just really wish sony would put out a console i would give a damn about buying =( theyre so plain[/QUOTE]
The old PS3 fattys are starting to YLOD en masse. I strongly suggest you back up any saves you want to keep. If you don't get a console before it dies, you'll lose all your saves if you don't do a direct transfer or put it on the PS+ cloud. I learned the hard way.:cry:

TBH, this is a pretty good bundle. Even if you don't want the game, you can always trade it in to offset some of the cost considering 320GB version retails at $299 anyways, so it's like getting a free game. You'll also avoid accidently striping the blue hdd screw on your fatty because they're made out of butter.:lol:

I don't doubt that there'll be some promotions for the holidays, but I don't see any straight $200 PS3 blowouts like a few weeks ago popping up.

bread's done
Back