I got a EB $30 gift card for $10!!!!

mer71

CAGiversary!
Feedback
280 (100%)
A coworker of mine found it in a car we inspected and did not know what it was for. I offered him $20 and he said $10! The stuff we find is amazing!!!! lol

Your punishment is your worthless job. 3 Years from now they'll have robots and/or monkeys doing what you do and then it's back to what you did before....that's right...suckin dick at the train station.

[quote name='mer71']A coworker of mine found it in a car we inspected and did not know what it was for. I offered him $20 and he said $10! The stuff we find is amazing!!!! lol[/quote]

If that's what it sounds like, you're just a couple of asses.

uhmm... i think he means the people that check cars at used car lots, people turn in their cars and people check them out and clean them and stuff... i think...

No we do off-lease inspections at a auction site. When a lease on a car is up, we inspect the damages before they are sold at auction. So no its not stealing! I found all kinds of stuff! Drugs, set of golf clubs, loaded guns, tons of CD's, video games, dvd's, MONEY......etc etc etc! The most I found in a day was over $40 bucks. One time I found over $20 in quarters and a N64 controller and another time a GBC. The biggest find was over $300 under a dashboard.

yea... if you just took it out of somebody's car, that's wrong. where do you work again? i'll be sure not to go there, lol. :lol:

EDIT: nm, lol. ok, that's cool then! NICE FIND!

[quote name='mer71']No we do off-lease inspections at a auction site. When a lease on a car is up, we inspect the damages before they are sold at auction. So no its not stealing! I found all kinds of stuff! Drugs, set of golf clubs, loaded guns, tons of CD's, video games, dvd's, MONEY......etc etc etc! The most I found in a day was over $40 bucks. One time I found over $20 in quarters and a N64 controller and another time a GBC. The biggest find was over $300 under a dashboard.[/quote]

then its their own fault for not cleaning out their shit

[quote name='mer71']No we do off-lease inspections at a auction site. When a lease on a car is up, we inspect the damages before they are sold at auction. So no its not stealing! I found all kinds of stuff! Drugs, set of golf clubs, loaded guns, tons of CD's, video games, dvd's, MONEY......etc etc etc! The most I found in a day was over $40 bucks. One time I found over $20 in quarters and a N64 controller and another time a GBC. The biggest find was over $300 under a dashboard.[/quote]

Understood. But I'm not deleting what I said because it's funny.

I have been doing this job for over 5 years and its amazing how some people dont clean their cars out. REPO's can be great! We are not the first to even get in the cars, some guys out there are bringing home hundreds a week in change and green! But today was my last day, I start nursing school, so I am unemployed!

That would suck to have to clean out nasty skanky cars all day. people do some foul shit to the inside of their cars so if you cleaned and found it by all means keep it.

So I have to ask... since most of these cars with items in them are from the repo man. Isn't it the companies responsibility to return or sell the items to pay off the car loan?

I dont clean anything out(recons do that), I just do body shop repair orders, to bill the leasees and determine the value of the car at auction. Pays real well (salaried) and I only work about 4-5 hours a day. Our boss is over 100 miles away, so we control our hours.

Truckers....check in........us....recon, thats the order. Most of the stuff gets thrown out if no one takes it.

Yea, my friend use to be a repo man, that was one of the coolest jobs a friend could have :). Its very adventure like, and a good rush. I went with him on a few occasions, I also got to see an hear about the various things that were found. And borrow the repo'd cards for a test run :). One of the strangest things he found was a huge garbage bag filled with dirty womens underwear in a guy's car. "assorted sizes"

I have a relative that cleans out trucks when truck drivers quit, and once she said that they found some games and threw them out. I told her I would take them, and so far I have gotten a free copy of Donkey Kong for the GBC.

Finding stuf is cool. I work for an apartment complex. When people move or are cough "forced" cough to move when can get all kinds of stuff! People git tired of moving especially if its on the third florr and higher. They take the important stuff and leave everything eles, including washer/dryers (sell them) tv CASH! Games comics just baout anything you can imagine. I have Tons of stuff left by lazy as people who just don't want to go back up and down the stairs anymore! I have to keep the junk for 30 days then after that ITs mine ALL MINE! I have sold a bout ten Washers/Dryers inb the last 3 years for 50 bucks each! I had my whole house furnished by left stuff there for awhile (till I got married and had to acctually care that my furniture matched) I have gotten may items from this and they all go on ebay or yard sell. Its like havbing a second job!

Finding stuff makes the job exciting day to day. I have sold so much stuff on Ebay. Nikes, Lugs, Oakleys, Bolles, 100's of cd's, games, watches, gold chains, gameboy games, PS2 games, N64 games..blah blah blah!!! Of course I have kept alot! I have made $1000's off of finding stuff at work. There are days were your pockets are so full of change that your pants start to fall down. What money I found was mine to spend on games, makes the wife happy! :D

When I went back to the dealer and told them I left $300 in the car they said they never saw it and the car was already gone. But I knew there was a reason some stupid kid had a big smile on his face and his hands in his pockets.
It was you

[quote name='jetblac'][quote name='mer71']No we do off-lease inspections at a auction site. When a lease on a car is up, we inspect the damages before they are sold at auction. So no its not stealing! I found all kinds of stuff! Drugs, set of golf clubs, loaded guns, tons of CD's, video games, dvd's, MONEY......etc etc etc! The most I found in a day was over $40 bucks. One time I found over $20 in quarters and a N64 controller and another time a GBC. The biggest find was over $300 under a dashboard.[/quote]

When I went back to the dealer and told them I left $300 in the car they said they never saw it and the car was already gone. But I knew there was a reason some stupid kid had a big smile on his face and his hands in his pockets.
It was you[/quote]

:rofl: LMAO :rofl:

[quote name='mer71']I have been doing this job for over 5 years and its amazing how some people dont clean their cars out. REPO's can be great! We are not the first to even get in the cars, some guys out there are bringing home hundreds a week in change and green! But today was my last day, I start nursing school, so I am unemployed![/quote]

First, unless you own the company you work for any abandoned property remaining in the car belongs to company you work for.

That you committed theft against your employer is no less excusable than committing theft against the car owner.

Second, if it was a reposession, the owner of the company you work for has an obligation to return all the personal property of the former owner of the car (sans drugs) to the owner within a reasonable time. It is not acceptable for you to remove whatever you feel like taking.

I sincerely hope that every member of your company including past employees to the extent evidence is available are indicted and sent to jail.

CTL

bread's done
Back