New PS3 Hardware Bundles for Black Friday 2011 (Update: Added Harry Potter 3D Bundle)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
Here's an advanced sneak peek of what PS3 goodness to expect during Black Friday 2011 (starting Nov.25th):

[IMG-R=7863]25353[/IMG-R][IMG-R=7863]25354[/IMG-R]
New PS3 Hardware Bundle (Model #CECH-3001A) - $219.99 msrp BUT $199.99 during Black Friday featuring
- 160gb Sony PS3 Slim System w/ Dual Shock 3 controller[$250 value]
- Rachet & Clank : All 4 One Game software [$60 value]
- LittleBigPlanet 2 : Special Edition Game software [$40 value for orig. game + $35 value in bonus content]
- 30-days Playstation PLUS trial membership [Approx. $3-$4 value]

Source: Scream777 at SD

New PS3 "Everybody Dance" Move Bundle (Model #CECH-3001B) Target Stores Exclusive - AVAILABLE NOW - $299.99 featuring
[IMG-R=7863]25821[/IMG-R]- 320gb Sony PS3 Slim System w/ Dual Shock 3 controller
- Everybody Dance Game software
- Move motion controller
- PSEye camera

New PS3 "Harry Potter 3D Movie Pack Bundle (Model #CECH-3001A) - $249.99 featuring
[IMG-R=7863]25831[/IMG-R]- 160gb Sony PS3 Slim System w/ Dual Shock 3 controller
- Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part II Blu-Ray in 2D and 3D
- PSN DLC Vouchers for Harry Potter Movies 1 and 2 (both available in high-definition)
- 30-days Playstation PLUS trial membership

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comparatively, Microsoft is releasing new hardware bundles for this holiday season (reportedly being shipped to retailers NOW!...available at Amazon already)
[IMG-R=7863]25486[/IMG-R]
New XB360 "Family Friendly" Hardware Bundle (MSRP: $399.99) featuring
- Xbox 360 System with a 250 GB HDD
- Kinect Motion Sensor Accessory
- Kinect Adventures Game software
- Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do Game software (via digital download voucher)
- 3-months of Xbox LIVE Gold

New XB360 "Hardcore Gamer" Hardware Bundle (MSRP: $299.99) featuring
- Xbox 360 System with a 250 GB HDD
- Fable III Game software
- Halo : REACH Game software (via digital download voucher)
- 3-months of Xbox LIVE Gold

Source: Major Nelson Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ijustw1n']In for 4![/QUOTE]

1254883342591.png

Is funny because is not deal!

[quote name='cRodz']jokes on you bud

it will be in a month![/QUOTE]

I don't care how cheap it goes, I'll be a monkey's uncle if that guy really buys 4.

How is this -not- a deal, exactly? Ratchet will have been barely a month out of release, and LBP2 with bonus content is ridiculous. If they add a gift card or drop the price, this is insanity.

[quote name='Cysquatch']I want a ps3, but those games aren't the most appealing to me....[/QUOTE]

You can always try selling or trading them in to reduce the cost.

I would definitely be in if I can get this for around $200. For $250 I'll have to think about it a little because it'll take away from my other video game spending.

Hard to believe people are already complaining about these games. LBP 2 is probably the most innovative game ever made and Ratchet and clank isn't even out yet, so no one should be judging it yet.

[quote name='JoshTX']Hard to believe people are already complaining about these games. LBP 2 is probably the most innovative game ever made and Ratchet and clank isn't even out yet, so no one should be judging it yet.[/QUOTE]

in my opinion LBP may be innovative but i found the controls WAY TO frustrating. Mainly with going between the back and front plane. Ruined the game for me.

I'm not doubting the OP's credibility in any way, but shouldn't the image say "Stereoscopic 3D"? Just seems odd to have a typo on the box. Either way, I thought I was through with wanting a PS3, but now I have the urge to get one on BF!

since retail is $250, will this be about $300 on black friday?

nice deal if its $300 but would be a steal at $250

starting to see black friday leaks is getting me hyped :D

Remember, the last few years have yielded multiple bundles with different games. I would be shocked if this was the only BF/Holiday bundle

Then again, Sony does make some boneheaded "move"s...

[quote name='mrcheapo11']I'm not doubting the OP's credibility in any way, but shouldn't the image say "Stereoscopic 3D"? Just seems odd to have a typo on the box. Either way, I thought I was through with wanting a PS3, but now I have the urge to get one on BF![/QUOTE]

That's a great catch.

[quote name='JoshTX']Hard to believe people are already complaining about these games. LBP 2 is probably the most innovative game ever made and Ratchet and clank isn't even out yet, so no one should be judging it yet.[/QUOTE]

I played the beta, and it was a blast. I have a feeling that's it's going to be really fun once it comes out.

Last year the black friday ps3 bundles were the regular selling price ($300) but you got various items (games/blu rays) packed in for free depending on the retailer...once those were cleared out then the gift card promos ran in the following weeks closer to Christmas. I wouldn't expect that to change this year, so those of you saying this plus a gift card, I think that's pretty unlikely. They would just do one or the other, not both at the same time. This bundle, if for real, will likely be $250.

if it's around 200-220 ill pick one up, wouldn't mind owning a slim but my fat runs perfectly fine so i am no rush to drop that kind of $.

The game had two buttons, 2!!!! Jump and grab. Front to back is automatic for the most part. Otherwise you press up or down respectively.[quote name='audilover']in my opinion LBP may be innovative but i found the controls WAY TO frustrating. Mainly with going between the back and front plane. Ruined the game for me.[/QUOTE]

They including the vertical stand in this bundle too? System in pic clearly using one. Not that it really adds value mind you.

[quote name='JoshTX']LBP 2 is probably the most innovative game ever made[/QUOTE]
What about LBP1? Wouldn't that be more innovative than LBP2?

Thanks for the info FBI! I haven't seen it posted anywhere in CAG but here is the Wii Holiday bundle, it's wii 2.0 without the Gamecube guts.

MSRP:149.99

doubtful the new bundle will be a black friday sale, most places will put deal prices on their old boxed units, such as the stock 160 and 320... to make room. Id kill for a ps3 160 for $150, screw all the addons.

i think the bundle is gonna be $250. retailers are not allowed to sell under msrp and that why they are including the extra stuff.

[quote name='shadowkast']The game had two buttons, 2!!!! Jump and grab. Front to back is automatic for the most part. Otherwise you press up or down respectively.[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause: Some folks think any game besides the ones they like are crap.:roll:

[quote name='Nogib']They including the vertical stand in this bundle too? System in pic clearly using one. Not that it really adds value mind you.[/QUOTE]

Does Sony even still make those? All the stores near me haven't carried it in months if not longer. Gamestop has been out of stock for months too. Amazon has it as shipping in 1-2 months.

They can call this the "overrated crap games" bundle. Anyone who wants to buy a ps3 now should wait for a gift card deal (preferably with 320 instead of 160gb) so you can actually get some good games with it.

Decent deal if it's $249.99 but not something I'd want. This is like the family Best Buy bundles that have come out the last couple years. Doesn't Walmart/Target do the "dad" bundles? Uncharted 3 + Batman AC and a Blu would be killer. I think WM did Batman AA + The Blu for Dark Knight in 2009 but then last year the deals were lame in comparison. Hopefully they step it up this year.

Also last year after Black Friday is when they had the $100 Gift Card/Credit deals. I'd take $100 in Amazon credit over the bundles any day.

I'm definately down for this for the $250 price range especially if there are deals for gift cards with the bundle. I need a PS3 so all the better. I have a feeling it would be $300, but hopefully not.

I just don't know if the 160GB will be enough considering I own a PSP. I have the original 60GB that just YLOD on me since I first got it in 2007, so I am guessing I am going to need to replace it since I have a bunch of games already for it and such... :\

PS3 160 GB = $250
2 Games = $60 + $60 = $120
Total = $370
$165 in savings
370-165 = 205
Says more than $165 so the price is probably $200.

I actually just bought the PS3 infamous 2 bundle new for $180 and now this black friday deal comes out. Just thinking about it, if sony made a $200 bundle, then black friday prices will probably be about $150. Screw it, I am just going to enjoy my new PS3.

Crap. I'm in need of a new PS3, as my MGS 80GB got the YLOD last week. I have the PS3 up and running right now, but don't know how long it will last. I don't know if I should get the Uncharted 3 bundle or wait on black friday. Any suggestions?

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']How is this -not- a deal, exactly? Ratchet will have been barely a month out of release, and LBP2 with bonus content is ridiculous. If they add a gift card or drop the price, this is insanity.[/QUOTE]

For some I guess but "insane deal" is a bit hyperbole. I picked up my ps3 during that $199 amazon sale BEFORE the price drop and have yet to feel like I should have waited, even with this "deal".

I got LBP 1 for free after psn came back up and still have barely touched it and if you are expecting ratchet all for one to be anything more then the occasional family/ Group game then good luck.

There free games so hey whatever. Just not worth the extra $50 I saved and not even sure how good of a flip they will be by then. They would have done better with a Resistace or Uncharted trilogy bundle.

[quote name='Josh1billion']What about LBP1? Wouldn't that be more innovative than LBP2?[/QUOTE]lbp1 let you make other levels. Lbp2 lets you make entirely other games!

bread's done
Back