New PS3 Hardware Bundles for Black Friday 2011 (Update: Added Harry Potter 3D Bundle)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
Here's an advanced sneak peek of what PS3 goodness to expect during Black Friday 2011 (starting Nov.25th):

[IMG-R=7863]25353[/IMG-R][IMG-R=7863]25354[/IMG-R]
New PS3 Hardware Bundle (Model #CECH-3001A) - $219.99 msrp BUT $199.99 during Black Friday featuring
- 160gb Sony PS3 Slim System w/ Dual Shock 3 controller[$250 value]
- Rachet & Clank : All 4 One Game software [$60 value]
- LittleBigPlanet 2 : Special Edition Game software [$40 value for orig. game + $35 value in bonus content]
- 30-days Playstation PLUS trial membership [Approx. $3-$4 value]

Source: Scream777 at SD

New PS3 "Everybody Dance" Move Bundle (Model #CECH-3001B) Target Stores Exclusive - AVAILABLE NOW - $299.99 featuring
[IMG-R=7863]25821[/IMG-R]- 320gb Sony PS3 Slim System w/ Dual Shock 3 controller
- Everybody Dance Game software
- Move motion controller
- PSEye camera

New PS3 "Harry Potter 3D Movie Pack Bundle (Model #CECH-3001A) - $249.99 featuring
[IMG-R=7863]25831[/IMG-R]- 160gb Sony PS3 Slim System w/ Dual Shock 3 controller
- Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part II Blu-Ray in 2D and 3D
- PSN DLC Vouchers for Harry Potter Movies 1 and 2 (both available in high-definition)
- 30-days Playstation PLUS trial membership

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comparatively, Microsoft is releasing new hardware bundles for this holiday season (reportedly being shipped to retailers NOW!...available at Amazon already)
[IMG-R=7863]25486[/IMG-R]
New XB360 "Family Friendly" Hardware Bundle (MSRP: $399.99) featuring
- Xbox 360 System with a 250 GB HDD
- Kinect Motion Sensor Accessory
- Kinect Adventures Game software
- Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do Game software (via digital download voucher)
- 3-months of Xbox LIVE Gold

New XB360 "Hardcore Gamer" Hardware Bundle (MSRP: $299.99) featuring
- Xbox 360 System with a 250 GB HDD
- Fable III Game software
- Halo : REACH Game software (via digital download voucher)
- 3-months of Xbox LIVE Gold

Source: Major Nelson Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad it's 160 GB. If i decide to get another one, it will probably be the Uncharted 3 Bundle or another 320 bundle if they come out with one. But if this was a 320, I'd be in

Hmmm, if there is a sweet GC deal and maybe a lower price, I would most likely be down. That'd be sick! Like a $200 pricetag and $25GC? Count me in!

I like that I could buy this, trade in the games for $40 or so, have a second PS3, and a blu ray player in a room that currently doesn't have a blu ray player.

If this bundle is real, I am gonna say that it is gonna be $200 considering the deals on ps3 consoles lately

[quote name='officerrickyross222']hoping its 200 - 229.00 need a new ps3[/QUOTE]

Is that $30 going to break you? Better cancel your XBL!

if it's gonna be $200 then egg on my face for me buying it last month for $180 from amazon

ah didn't see that $35 in savings on the LBP2 box.

so it might not be exactly $200, maybe $230 or something around that price

[quote name='confoosious']So the fact that "Sony" can't spell stereoscopic correctly in this mockup isn't concerning to anyone?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. Sony makes sooper products.

[quote name='Techman16']If this bundle is real, I am gonna say that it is gonna be $200 considering the deals on ps3 consoles lately[/QUOTE]

Highly doubtful. The whole point of these bundles is to NOT have to lower the price on the console.

[quote name='jeffrey_dahmer']They can call this the "overrated crap games" bundle. Anyone who wants to buy a ps3 now should wait for a gift card deal (preferably with 320 instead of 160gb) so you can actually get some good games with it.[/QUOTE]
You sir are an idiot. Everyone loves LBP and R@C is the greatest PS franchise ever.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying this. The incorrect spelling for Stereoscopic is the first ding, but also the box art doesn't look right either.

Plus assuming this is $249, can someone elaborate on how they came to $165 in savings? Since the PS3 is $249 right now, we can assume the savings come from the free games included. Ratchet and Clank is $60, that leaves LBP2 SE for $105? Assuming they factored the $35 savings from LBP2 (which wouldn't make sense), that means they're valuing the game itself at $70 no?

Edit: Okay I just noticed they're adding a month of Playstation Plus as well. How much would that cost? a 3 month sub is $18...soo $6? Still doesn't seem to add up

[quote name='confoosious']Highly doubtful. The whole point of these bundles is to NOT have to lower the price on the console.[/QUOTE]

exactly, they just had a price drop. why would they lower the price again and add in a brand new game and one of their better selling titles? I really doubt Sony is santa, people need to be more realistic.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm sorry but I'm just not buying this. The incorrect spelling for Stereoscopic is the first ding, but also the box art doesn't look right either.

Plus assuming this is $249, can someone elaborate on how they came to $165 in savings? Since the PS3 is $249 right now, we can assume the savings come from the free games included. Ratchet and Clank is $60, that leaves LBP2 SE for $105? Assuming they factored the $35 savings from LBP2 (which wouldn't make sense), that means they're valuing the game itself at $70 no?[/QUOTE]

Doing my best at Sony math:

$60 (LBP2)
$35 (LBP GOTY savings for extra content)
$60 (R&C all for one)
$10 for the PSN + one month value

$165 IN SAVINGS

People are kidding themselves if they think any bundle at black friday will be less than $249.99. The last 3 years that they did these bundles it was always at current MSRP. The "deal" was the free games included. Each retailer had a different bundle. Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon and Best Buy. As somebody else pointed out it was closer to Christmas that Gift Card deals popped up.

[quote name='EvilIA']Doing my best at Sony math:

$60 (LBP2)
$35 (LBP GOTY savings for extra content)
$60 (R&C all for one)
$10 for the PSN + one month value

$165 IN SAVINGS

People are kidding themselves if they think any bundle at black friday will be less than $249.99. The last 3 years that they did these bundles it was always at current MSRP. The "deal" was the free games included. Each retailer had a different bundle. Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon and Best Buy. As somebody else pointed out it was closer to Christmas that Gift Card deals popped up.[/QUOTE]

It'd be odd for LBP2 SE to be $60 since the original is now officially $40. You can't really say there's $35 savings there when it costs $20 more than the standard. Unless they factored in that $20 difference and added $55 worth of DLC (which they won't do). A month of PS+ wouldn't be $10 either since a 3 month sub is $17.99. I do agree that the way you tabulated it is perhaps how Sony did it, but I still have my doubts about this whole thing.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']I'm not doubting the OP's credibility in any way, but shouldn't the image say "Stereoscopic 3D"? Just seems odd to have a typo on the box.[/QUOTE]
Collector's item?

That same person from SD mentioned another bundle that includes a Sharpshooter, Playstation Move, Killzone 3 AND Resistance 3. Interesting

ps3 black friday bundle? so i work at a box plant and we have been printing a bunch os ps3 boxes the last few weeks. we are running one right now that is a 160gb ps3 with ratchet and clank all for one and little big planet 2. i just noticed on the shipping lable it says black friday on it. maybe this will be a cheapers bundle? also just started running a box that has ps3 move the sharpshooter gun and resistance and killzone 3. wish we had pricing info. i can post pics if u want too!

[quote name='ssjmichael']That same person from SD mentioned another bundle that includes a Sharpshooter, Playstation Move, Killzone 3 AND Resistance 3. Interesting[/QUOTE]

those are the already leaked sharpshooter bundles. Not system bundles.

[quote name='edson13']those are the already leaked sharpshooter bundles. Not system bundles.[/QUOTE]

I never said it was a system bundle...Do you have a source to where it was already leaked?

Regardless if this is true or not, that's kind of a shit bundle. If Sony wanted to blow the socks off people they would include the Uncharted double-pack. Any free games are a great value, but this screams of insincerity.

Damn, that's pretty nice. I am not sure if I need a second PS3, but if so this would be one for me, comes with two games that I want!

I am guessing MSRP is $249.99, but BF price will be $199.99-$229.99 or $249.99 with more games or gift cards. I just saw the box from the OP in a Sears commercial for layaway.

I would have gone for this if it include two other games... not really interested in LBP and R&C All 4 One looks kinda weak. Would have loved if it was Resistance 3 and Infamous 2 instead.

Either way, I might jump on this if there's any type of incentive ($250 with $50 GC) but I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='Todd33']Is that $30 going to break you? Better cancel your XBL![/QUOTE]

really son ? smh money's not an issue to me at ALL. i want a new ps3 but will not pay over 250 for this bundle when i could get the uncharted bundle instead

[quote name='Jodou']Regardless if this is true or not, that's kind of a shit bundle. If Sony wanted to blow the socks off people they would include the Uncharted double-pack. Any free games are a great value, but this screams of insincerity.[/QUOTE]

What would have been cool is just adding in some of those dual packs along with 1 newer game.

I assume the dual packs cost next to nothing as they are just remastering fees and/or straight reprints.

Getting something like PS3 and some of the classics like GoW:O and Ico/SotC or UCdualpack would be a great starting set.

I do easily see a store offering UC3 PS3 with the bonus of the UCdual pack though.

For those trying to do the math, LBP2's MSRP is $40.

PS3 160GB: $250

Ratchet and Clank: All For One: $60
LittleBigPlanet 2: $75 ($40 + $35 in bonus content)
1-month PS+: $6(?)

That's only $141 in savings. :whistle2:s

Then maybe it will only cost $225.

But more likely, the msrp of the lbp2 "special edition" is higher than $40, plus they are adding in the bonus content value. Your comparison uses the current lbp2 vanilla street price. And they probably value 1 month ps+ higher than the 3-month discounted price.

[quote name='scottman']Then maybe it will only cost $225.

But more likely, the msrp of the lbp2 "special edition" is higher than $40, plus they are adding in the bonus content value. Your comparison uses the current lbp2 vanilla street price. And they probably value 1 month ps+ higher than the 3-month discounted price.[/QUOTE]

No, I put the value as $75, adding in the cost of the bonus content.

[quote name='Krate']LittleBigPlanet 2: $75 ($40 + $35 in bonus content)[/QUOTE]

But you could be right about the value of 1 month of PS+ or the price of the bundle.

[quote name='Krate']For those trying to do the math, LBP2's MSRP is $40.

PS3 160GB: $250

Ratchet and Clank: All For One: $60
LittleBigPlanet 2: $75 ($40 + $35 in bonus content)
1-month PS+: $6(?)

That's only $141 in savings. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Maybe they are factoring in potential tax ;)

If any retailer(hopefully Amazon :D) throws in Uncharted 3 instead of Ratchet & Clank I'm all in for that bundle D:

[quote name='zennacko']If any retailer(hopefully Amazon :D) throws in Uncharted 3 instead of Ratchet & Clank I'm all in for that bundle D:[/QUOTE]

What are they gonna do, open the box?

So does this mean there is going to be a new retail release of LBP2 with DLC content, like move support? After they did that with LBP 1, I sold my copy of LBP2 soon after launch and I've been waiting for a new edition :)

[quote name='ZildjianKX']So does this mean there is going to be a new retail release of LBP2 with DLC content, like move support? After they did that with LBP 1, I sold my copy of LBP2 soon after launch and I've been waiting for a new edition :)[/QUOTE]

More than likely yes

Is it surprising to anyone else that it doesn't include the Move? I wonder if they'll also make a 299.99 version with Move included, and possibly Sports Champions.

[quote name='Vanillanowah']Is it surprising to anyone else that it doesn't include the Move? I wonder if they'll also make a 299.99 version with Move included, and possibly Sports Champions.[/QUOTE]

Why would it include the Move? And I hope you're not expecting them to include the move and keep the price at $249. Assuming that's the price of this, or if this is truly legit.

[quote name='Vinny']I would have gone for this if it include two other games... not really interested in LBP and R&C All 4 One looks kinda weak. Would have loved if it was Resistance 3 and Infamous 2 instead.

Either way, I might jump on this if there's any type of incentive ($250 with $50 GC) but I'm not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]
Oh please those games are just as good as the Uncharted series. I think they're better than Uncharted imo

If this bundle is legit, it's clear they're gearing it more towards kids. Ratchet and LBP are the two most popular kid-friendly franchises for the PS3. Hence the lack of Uncharted here. And even if these aren't your type of games, you're insane if you think Sony isn't providing a great offer here. Sony is throwing in a game that will be barely a month old, as well as a re-release of a stellar game with huge savings included The value speaks for itself if this is actually $249

[quote name='jubeininja69']i think the bundle is gonna be $250. retailers are not allowed to sell under msrp and that why they are including the extra stuff.[/QUOTE]

you clearly dont know what msrp stands for. pretty sure the term has changed(at least for microsoft) to ERP.

[quote name='yahoosale14']you clearly dont know what msrp stands for. pretty sure the term has changed(at least for microsoft) to ERP.[/QUOTE]

Think he is just confusing MSRP with MAP. Sony does do MAP quite often though.

Maybe that 165 includes the August 50 dollar price drop? That would leave 115 for the 2 games and PSN+ subscription. Maybe the LBP Special Edition will retail at 50( like the RDR GOTY Edition), so that would add up pretty close. Cause I don't see it below 249.99. As someone said, the deal with these bundles is the free games, they almost never go below MSRP

[quote name='confoosious']What are they gonna do, open the box?[/QUOTE]
As long as I get everything brand new inside the box I wouldn't mind if they opened it to upgrade the contents :cool:

bread's done
Back