Newegg: AC Revelations, Saints Row the 3rd $47.99, Ultimate MvC $29.99 (expired)

FlipSide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Nice I been waiting for Saints Row The Third to sale at that price again since I missed the first one. Funny thing is I had just got the Newegg email just after looking at this post.

Nice, in for Saints Row 3. I'm gonna wait on Assassin's Creed. I remember last year Amazon had Brotherhood for $29.99 a few weeks after it came out during their BF deals.

They wouldn't run out of pre-orders, right? I have to wait till during the day today to preorder, or even at night. I'd hate to miss out on it because I couldn't get it right away.

Got the $20 credit from Newegg for messing up Dark Souls Collector's Edition.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is just $9.99 after credit, nice!

So should I get it for PS3 or 360?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Got the $20 credit from Newegg for messing up Dark Souls Collector's Edition.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is just $9.99 after credit, nice!

So should I get it for PS3 or 360?[/QUOTE]

u can put 2 codes in?

[quote name='trunks982']u can put 2 codes in?[/QUOTE]

Could be related to the recent Dark Souls incident since a lot of people were getting $20 credits for it. Just debating whether to bother after MVC or just skip it completely.

[quote name='Puppet Master']Could be related to the recent Dark Souls incident since a lot of people were getting $20 credits for it. Just debating whether to bother after MVC or just skip it completely.[/QUOTE]

I think he is asking if he can put 2 codes in because the $20 from Dark Soul came in the for of a discount code. Others CAGS who had the code from Dark Souls debacle has said it is not stackable with other codes so its probably the same case here.

[quote name='FlipSide']I think he is asking if he can put 2 codes in because the $20 from Dark Soul came in the for of a discount code. Others CAGS who had the code from Dark Souls debacle has said it is not stackable with other codes so its probably the same case here.[/QUOTE]

I know I misread the first part and just noticed my mistake a moment ago. Kind of a stupid moment on my part haha.

Might as well ask here. Is it easy to cancel an order with Newegg? I've ordered from them before but never had to deal with cancelling an order. Would wait but I'm thinking I'm likely to forget so...

[quote name='Puppet Master']I know I misread the first part and just noticed my mistake a moment ago. Kind of a stupid moment on my part haha.

Might as well ask here. Is it easy to cancel an order with Newegg? I've ordered from them before but never had to deal with cancelling an order. Would wait but I'm thinking I'm likely to forget so...[/QUOTE]

yes, its easy to cancel. u can do that under your order status.

[quote name='trunks982']yes, its easy to cancel. u can do that under your order status.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know guess I will place an order for now if I change my mind by than I can always just cancel it.

Do you get any of the preorder bonuses from newegg? For example the Professor Genki pack for SR: The 3rd?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Man, I wanna give umvc3 another try on that prIce. But I don't want to taken for a ride. If you know what I mean[/QUOTE]

that song plays in my head still from mvc2 lol. I'll wait for the ultimate edition to get cheap. I'm trying to decide on getting the confirmed vita edition or the console edition

Thanks OP! Grabbed UMvC3 for PS3 and I am thinking about Saint's Row the Third for 360 even though I still have the first two games in my backlog... Might just wait on that one since I have no idea when I will get to it

Does SR3 come with the preorder bonus from newegg? If no ill stick with amazon with the bonus credit.

I freaking KNEW it! I waited 2 weeks with no sign of a new preorder deal on AC:R and the very day I order it, newegg throws one out! Where are the cameras?! >_

I'm in for UMvC3 for $29. That's a fair price. I've held off this long, capcom better not make a Super Ultimate MvC3!

Would careless about preorder bonuses, these prices are great except for Assassin's Creed. I getting that from Gamestop regardless. UMvC3 is a great price for 30 and I would say the right price too. I have to cancel my reserves at GS. I would careless about character skins and etc. As for Saints Row 3, I've been on and off to get it from Newegg or not. I saw vids and been reading info on it, I might keep this preorder this time around.

Thanks op, got UMvC for PS3.

Got a question though, does Newegg send out these discount code though email notices or do they post them or something?

I've missed some Newegg promo codes a while back because I missed the threads. Newegg has been the best deal for me w/ these codes because of no tax and free (& way faster than Amazon) shipping. Would really like to keep track on every code that they give out.

Thanks in advance for helping.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Man, I wanna give umvc3 another try on that prIce. But I don't want to taken for a ride. If you know what I mean[/QUOTE]

Considering the two DLC characters from vanilla MvC3 are confirmed still "premium"(ie, if you want the complete roster, you'll have to pay an extra $10 for Shuma and Jill), i don't plan on paying more than $20 for this game. Love the game, but i refuse to support these kinds of shenanigans, and Capcom lately is one of the worst offenders.

[quote name='happydogs']Considering the two DLC characters from vanilla MvC3 are confirmed still "premium"(ie, if you want the complete roster, you'll have to pay an extra $10 for Shuma and Jill), i don't plan on paying more than $20 for this game. Love the game, but i refuse to support these kinds of shenanigans, and Capcom lately is one of the worst offenders.[/QUOTE]

You still have to pay for those two ? Ultimate marvel vs capcom hyper turbo edition confirmed lol

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Might get Ultimate MvC. Kind of want the Signature Edition of AC: Revelations from Gamestop. Still have to play Saint's Row 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

Don't even bother to play the first two, they are good but you'll just be wasting your time. It's just like GTA except silly and not serious. I have a feeling this third one is going to be a blast. It's going to be crazy fun from what I read and saw. I'm glad they focused on co-op alone and didn't bother with stupid crappy boring multiplayer for this besides Whored Mode aka Horde Mode. This is going to be a monster compared to the first two and this one is going to have tons of DLC as they said they would with missions and etc.

Saints Row 3 for $47 seems a little high still. The Saints Row series usually goes on sale around $39 after just a month. Is the universal preorder DLC available at Newegg?

Ultimate MVC 3 for $29 is a good deal 25% off. I think I'll pick up the 360 version.

[quote name='happydogs']Considering the two DLC characters from vanilla MvC3 are confirmed still "premium"(ie, if you want the complete roster, you'll have to pay an extra $10 for Shuma and Jill), i don't plan on paying more than $20 for this game. Love the game, but i refuse to support these kinds of shenanigans, and Capcom lately is one of the worst offenders.[/QUOTE]

Well you just steered me clear from this. I'll wait for a BF deal, or another release of MvC3.

[quote name='maxgle']screw UMvsC3, I've bought all SSF4 games already. Never will I buy their game new again. In for Saints Row 3![/QUOTE]

Wow you let capcom rape you badly :(

[quote name='maxgle']screw UMvsC3, I've bought all SSF4 games already. Never will I buy their game new again. In for Saints Row 3![/QUOTE]

I know exactly how you feel. I bought SFIV when it was released, and then they announced SSFIV. So I took my copy and traded it in against SSFIV as soon as I got the chance because I knew the value was going to go south quick. Then they announced SSFIV: AE, which was the point where I traded in SSFIV and never gave that series another chance. I did the same thing with MVC3; I sold it as soon as they announced UMVC3. I didn't think I'd be interested at all, and then I saw the new characters which made it harder. But I constantly told myself that if it was full price I'd be against it, but at $29.99 it's kind of hard to not bite; therefore I may. SR3 on the other hand, ALL ABOUT THAT!

I still need to buy Deus Ex: HR too though, so maybe I'll do that first. AHHH TOO MANY CHOICES!

All this time I had assumed that all characters previously announced would be freely available this time around. This being Capcom, I full well expected them to announce new DLC characters after Ultimate came out (Megaman has been subtlely teased in one of the released videos), but not to keep the original DLC characters as DLC.

If this wasn't Capcom, I'd have already jumped on this deal. On the one hand, after my favorite blue suit wearing defense attorney was announced as a fighter, I knew I wanted to get MvC eventually, but on the other hand, this is Capcom. I'll wait until we can be sure there won't be a Hyper Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Turbo: 3rd Strike Arcade Edition released a year or two later.

[quote name='JanusZeal2']I'll wait until we can be sure there won't be a Hyper Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Turbo: 3rd Strike Arcade Edition released a year or two later.[/QUOTE]

Fighters get updates? I am shocked and appalled. You know it's going to happen to almost any fighter you buy. Just make sure you get your money's worth when you buy it or wait for a sale.

Is UMVC3 worth it if you own Marvel vs. Capcom 3 already? I got the special edition. I know there's lots of new characters and a new co op mode, but just wondering.

I don't get all the update hate. It's an inevitable thing. It keeps the competitive community alive. If you're a casual player why are you concerned with them? ... Just don't buy them. Didn't you get your fill off whatever initial version you bought? If you didn't, why not get the next version? It's not like they don't add anything. You get new competition, further balanced gameplay, and new content. I'm a part of the competitive community and play fighting games a lot, and I'm hype for just about every new version of anything that comes out. They keep things from getting stale.

AND I get Phoenix Wright? LET'S GOOOOOOOO

I like the wait mentality as well. "I'll just wait for the next version." That's like the same thing as quitting playing fighting games. There's always going to be a next version. Jump in or don't bother.

Anyhow, is there anything else going on with this 72 hour sale? I can't even find these preorder deals advertised anywhere on the website.

[quote name='bosoxdanc']Can someone tell me when Newegg charges for pre-orders? Thanks!
-Dan[/QUOTE]

Very similar to Amazon.com, they charge/authorize payment when it ships.

Still no ideas about whether the Newegg pre-orders will include the Professor Genki DLC? Maybe I'll shoot an email to CS.

[quote name='js1']Do you get any of the preorder bonuses from newegg? For example the Professor Genki pack for SR: The 3rd?[/QUOTE]

I just spoke with a rep via live chat and they told me that if it's not listed on the product page then they aren't providing it. So I guess that means no preorder bonus if you order from them.

bread's done
Back