* * * * - 11 votes

Indie Royale - The Mixer 18 Bundle - The Debut 25 Bundle

#6961 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8517 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

I forgot, but a ton of early IR bundles actually included bonus soundtracks and goodies. So now I'm downloading those...

Gotta rack up their final bill I guess.

#6962 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4337 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

A lot of them are DRM free. Most you should be able to download straight from the Desura store page without the client.

Of course without the client for someone like me that means clicking on like 1,500 pages so I'll pass.

Direct downloads are also on the bundle pages, which is a bit easier than the game list for grabbing those few that you might care to have available.

I'm going through my IR collection today copying keys and noting the downloads I want.  There a number of soundtracks in earlier bundles, and there are a few games I'd like to hold on to.

#6963 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7811 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:43 PM

Guess I got to raid my Desura client and IR website and get whatever codes and some DRM free games I want. It doesn't help that the client runs like garbage and always has....it's so hard to get keys on there. Plus why did I learn that to get to your game collection (i'm sure there is another way) I go to gift and then click on the collection link.

I purchased 35 bundles....I actually pretty much bought most of the early ones before they had some 2.0 repeat bundles. You were really good at one time....

Honestly though I bought 2 bundles out of the last 20 or so....so I wasn't their intended audience anymore.

#6964 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:55 PM

There's no reason to use the client unless you really want to. Everything you can do in it you can do on the web site including grab Steam keys.

There might be the odd game here or there that doesn't have a direct download on the web site that forces you to get it through the client but that's rare.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#6965 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4527 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:19 PM

There's no reason to use the client unless you really want to. Everything you can do in it you can do on the web site ...

Well, apart from playing the games I guess.

At least I think you can play games on this Desura thingo.

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#6966 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:37 PM

Can Desura (and Steam for that matter.) games be saved to a flash drive or does it have to be a hard drive?

Stupid question? Sure, but it was a serious one. Anyone know?

giphy.gif    rasen-ring.gif

#6967 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8517 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:55 PM

Stupid question? Sure, but it was a serious one. Anyone know?

Yes you can save them to a flash drive. Just grab the installers from Desura, they should be available on the site if you log in and go to the game page.

#6968 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

What Foxhack said. Anything that has installers you can download, and most Desura games do, you can just put those on a flash drive or on cloud storage or whatever.

Now installed game data is a different story. You could probably map the game to the flash drive letter or some such but it would be a pain. Steam games you don't really get straight up installers you can download like Desura so those would be more complicated to backup onto a flash drive.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6969 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8517 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:15 PM

Steam games you don't really get straight up installers you can download like Desura so those would be more complicated to backup onto a flash drive.

Actually you can just use Steam's backup system to save the game install files somewhere. You'll still need Steam to reinstall them but it helps if you want to keep a backup of the game's files somewhere in case you don't want to download 30+ GB again.

#6970 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:48 PM

Yes you can save them to a flash drive. Just grab the installers from Desura, they should be available on the site if you log in and go to the game page.

Nice. Now uh... anybody know where some decent deals on flash drives are? And what do you mean by installers? Do you mean the Desura client?

What Foxhack said. Anything that has installers you can download, and most Desura games do, you can just put those on a flash drive or on cloud storage or whatever.

Now installed game data is a different story. You could probably map the game to the flash drive letter or some such but it would be a pain. Steam games you don't really get straight up installers you can download like Desura so those would be more complicated to backup onto a flash drive.

Can you just save normally while playing the game from a flash drive? None of the games I plan to put on a flash drive have any game data saved on them so that's not an issue. But if saving data to a flash drive is not possible, that will be a problem.

giphy.gif    rasen-ring.gif

#6971 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1630 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:52 PM

I started to back up games and register Steam keys late last year on IR but forgot where I left off :\  I'll probably just start backtracking tonight and register as I go along.  Oh, and when I was doing a mass registration of games I bought last time, Steam would put up an error message if I kept entering keys I've already used/game I already had and made me wait for several minutes before trying again.  So, make sure to cross-check Steam first before you register a code.

I bought a lot of games with soundtracks and DLC, as well as indie albums, so I've got a lot to go through.  I have dozens and dozens of bundles to go through tonight.  Like someone above said, I'm treating this as a sinking ship:

1. Register games I haven't yet
  2. Save codes for ones I already own on Steam (someone is getting an awesome birthday/Christmas/whatever in the coming weeks, heh)
  3. Save soundtracks and music albums
  4. Try to download DRM-free PC versions of important games (Mac and Linux might have to be the band that plays as the ship gurgles below the surface :()

Best wishes to the Indie Royale team during this tough time, and good luck to all of you.  The last few months have been sad (I only bought one or two bundles out of the last 20 or so I think), but in their prime they were so, so awesome.  Sometimes I'd miss out on a bundle by a few hours or forget to pay more than the average to get the indie music album.  I would email them to see if I could pay something to still get it and often they'd just add the album to my account or let me pay the difference in PayPal and unlock it for me.  That made me very loyal for a long time even when the offerings were not always the best.

#6972 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1630 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:32 AM

What are the md5's for?  I've never seen that before.

#6973 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8517 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:35 AM

Nice. Now uh... anybody know where some decent deals on flash drives are? And what do you mean by installers? Do you mean the Desura client?

Can you just save normally while playing the game from a flash drive? None of the games I plan to put on a flash drive have any game data saved on them so that's not an issue. But if saving data to a flash drive is not possible, that will be a problem.

No no, when you buy a game on Desura / IR, you usually get the standalone game installers as well - if they're not sold as a Steam key only, of course. Log into Desura and go to http://www.desura.com/collection - this will list all the games you own or activated there.

Hover the mouse over a game box, then click on "More info" to open the game page. If there's a standalone installer (an exe that installs the game on a computer) or zip, you'll find it there.

I wouldn't suggest playing the games straight from a flash drive.

What are the md5's for?  I've never seen that before.

They're a checksum of the file used to verify that the download isn't corrupt. This isn't used by most people, so don't worry about it.

#6974 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4527 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:43 AM

This is where Steam's open door policy on Greenlight games has paid off. All the good stuff on Desura is on Steam so there's no need to panic and download a whole bunch of Desura crapola.

Even 90% of shite stuff on Desura is on Steam if that's what tickles your pickle.

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#6975 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7811 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:53 AM

Actually used most of the IR keys...suprisingly...the Steam ones.

Here was an unused one:

Block Story - TP98K-J6TXR-32CFD

I know what everyone will miss the most about Desura is Freedom Fridays with so many amazing free games!

I am a bit sad to see them go and I can see myself buying less and less bundles in the future. Now to make sure on Desura games from the client.

#6976 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1630 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:17 AM

Thanks for the md5 explanation, Foxhack!

I'm working backwards, going from most recent to earliest bundle.  I've actually found a few interesting games I seem to have overlooked in the process.

Here's an extra Steam key for Jets 'N Guns Gold, one of the craziest horizontal shooters I've ever played.  I bought it from the dev (on CD!) many years ago and also bought it again on Steam.  It's straight up metal, and you can grind for cash to upgrade your ship in lots of different ways.  Don't let the initial difficulty put you off.  There's some dark humor, some geeky jokes buried in the backgrounds, and a really cool soundtrack.

Y9DWC-XFL4C-9QB5I (TAKEN!  Have fun!)

*Let me know if you use it so I can mark it off my list and in this post.

#6977 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:28 AM

I'm working backwards, going from most recent to earliest bundle.  I've actually found a few interesting games I seem to have overlooked in the process.

Here's an extra Steam key for Jets 'N Guns Gold, one of the craziest horizontal shooters I've ever played.  I bought it from the dev (on CD!) many years ago and also bought it again on Steam.  It's straight up metal, and you can grind for cash to upgrade your ship in lots of different ways.  Don't let the initial difficulty put you off.  There's some dark humor, some geeky jokes buried in the backgrounds, and a really cool soundtrack.

Y9DWC-XFL4C-9QB5I

*Let me know if you use it so I can mark it off my list and in this post.

Thanks NeoGutsman, Took Jets 'N Guns Gold

#6978 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1630 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:11 AM

You bet.  Enjoy!

#6979 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4337 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:17 AM

I worked the opposite direction.  I copied down every key, downloaded all extras, and downloaded games that aren't on Steam.  It didn't actually take that long, even with more than 40 bundles.  Going through my Desura collection will take longer, I think.

#6980 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1630 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:43 AM

Nice!  I actually did something similar to you late last year but forgot which bundle I stopped at.  My wife is right in that I like to find ways to make things much harder for myself :D

I'm being selective which games I'm downloading that aren't on Steam as well as what I'm registering.  There are a lot of mediocre (and bad) games in some of these bundles so I'm trying to save space on my external drive (for non-Steam) and keep my Steam library a little more curated.  I will admit that I really want to pump up my library numbers in Steam but even I have my limits (Chicken Shoot will never be registered to Steam! :D).

For what it's worth I'm recording what I do in a new spreadsheet, so maybe that's slowing things down.  That and checking out reviews and videos in Steam.  It's actually kind of therapeutic.

Code for Delve Deeper + DLC:

7VHPQ-TACI4-K3X26 TAKEN!  Enjoy! :)

Let me know if you nabbed it so I can mark it off.

#6981 Malkan   No, ALL! CAGiversary!   1063 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

Code for Delve Deeper + DLC:

7VHPQ-TACI4-K3X26

Let me know if you nabbed it so I can mark it off.

Grabbed that one, thanks!

#6982 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   1969 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

Who said IndieRoyale twitter was going to die? xD.

3DJNlRq.png

#6983 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

So Telephone is playing on the radio, Beyonce talking about Stop Blowing Up My Phone while I'm getting a text twinkle every 30 seconds from the (now unofficial) Indie Royale idiot.

Sounds about right.
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#6984 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13293 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

Found out that the games ARE all self-contained within the Desura folder. You can use the client to download them, zip the folder, then delete it from your system, which will remove it from your list of installed programs as well. The only downside is that the Desura client only allows 3 connections at once, at least for me, and technically doesn't support resuming installations. You'll get an error and a stalled download screen unltil you restart the program. Cancelling forces you to delete the portion you've already downloaded, and verifying the recipe from the client stalls until you restart. Half-assed functionality.

#6985 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

Yeah, Desura just downloads DRM free installers. You can pillage it easily.

Seeing all the RockinAndroid translated shumps on Royale that hit greenlight but didn't hit steam makes me worried for the RA guys. Did something happen? I'd like these games to hit Steam but I think they must have vanished.

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#6986 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8517 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, Desura just downloads DRM free installers. You can pillage it easily.

Seeing all the RockinAndroid translated shumps on Royale that hit greenlight but didn't hit steam makes me worried for the RA guys. Did something happen? I'd like these games to hit Steam but I think they must have vanished.

There's your answer. They're still around, but probably busy with other stuff. And since they mention July as a release date, they're going to wait until the Summer Sale finishes.

#6987 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4605 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:36 PM

With indieroyale flatlining, where's a doctor when you need one?

spoderman And tebow like this

midnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#6988 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   1969 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

See you on BundleStars thread!!!

3DJNlRq.png

#6989 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2657 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

pAKVCOa.gif

FfjorMk.png