COD: MW3 Midnight Release TRU with FREE Jeep

trainzguy

CAG Veteran
:bouncy: Toys R Us is opening at midnight till 1AM on 11/8/2011 to release COD:MW3 and offering a free JEEP vehicle (1:43 scale) for new purchases of Call of Duty: MOdern Warfare 3 for XBox360 and PS3. Quantities Limited. Not all stores participating.

TRU sucks this year. I remembered TRU had some decent deals on these big releases with $20 gift cards last year. This year they just put some statue or toys.

fuck, and i thought it'd be a real drivable vehicle...they SHOULD give a couple of actual jeeps away at a midnight release in THIS economy...

I think toys r us had a buy 2 games get a 20 dollar gift card deal last year. They also had a buy 3 games get a 50 dollar gift card.
oh and they also gave away a free t shirt.

If you're subscribed to their emails, check your email. There's a 'get $20 giftcard' for any game $60 or more. or '$50 giftcard' for buying 2 $60 games. However, this is for the 8th only. If you and a friend/family are buying 2 copies of CoD, this could be a good place to buy them.
Couldn't care less about CoD, so not sure if I'll be using this.

Also, these gift cards require you to print the coupon, and bring it to the store with you. They have unique numbers.

Yeah, if they can't go to the trouble to give me a real Jeep, I'm not gonna bother going.

And even then, I don't really like Jeep's anyway (more of an SUV person)...I'd just flip it to make my copy of MW3 cheaper.

[quote name='dragonjud']If you're subscribed to their emails, check your email. There's a 'get $20 giftcard' for any game $60 or more. or '$50 giftcard' for buying 2 $60 games. However, this is for the 8th only. If you and a friend/family are buying 2 copies of CoD, this could be a good place to buy them.

Also, these gift cards require you to print the coupon, and bring it to the store with you. They have unique numbers.[/QUOTE]

wow TRU will lose out on sales due to this "coupon". I didn't get an email for this.

Black ops was offering up to a $25 gc if you bought 2 games last year on release date. That was one helluva deal. Damn. Was hoping it was a nationwide promo that was going to be similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dragonjud']If you're subscribed to their emails, check your email. There's a 'get $20 giftcard' for any game $60 or more. or '$50 giftcard' for buying 2 $60 games. However, this is for the 8th only. If you and a friend/family are buying 2 copies of CoD, this could be a good place to buy them.

Also, these gift cards require you to print the coupon, and bring it to the store with you. They have unique numbers.[/QUOTE]

what date did they sent you the email and what was the subject?

It was sent today at around 8:30 (EST). With this title:
"Up to $50 in Free Gift Cards with Video Game Purchases! Plus, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am!"

I got 2 emails from TRU that were 3 hours apart. One was for the midnight launch of MW3: "Available Tues. Nov 8 at 12:01am!" (no $50 GC mention) and an email for tomorrow's deals: "BOGO 50% off LEGO construction sets, One day sale"

Hopefully this is not one of those YMMV deals but TRU is pretty good about being nationwide promotions.

[quote name='Donut2922']I got 2 emails from TRU that were 3 hours apart. One was for the midnight launch of MW3: "Available Tues. Nov 8 at 12:01am!" (no $50 GC mention) and an email for tomorrow's deals: "BOGO 50% off LEGO construction sets, One day sale"

Hopefully this is not one of those YMMV deals but TRU is pretty good about being nationwide promotions.[/QUOTE]

yeah me too I also got those 2 emails except for that $20 or $50 gc one

[quote name='Outrun9']yeah me too I also got those 2 emails except for that $20 or $50 gc one[/QUOTE]

Ditto :whistle2:k

Does anybody know how much is the retail value of the Jeep?

So far, can anybody tell me where is the best "in store" deal for MW3?

[quote name='zandrolouie']Does anybody know how much is the retail value of the Jeep?

So far, can anybody tell me where is the best "in store" deal for MW3?[/QUOTE]

Kmart by far. Check the stickied thread at the top of the deals forum. Just be aware that unless you're near the very few that are having midnight releases, you're chances of getting a hardened edition are very small.

Kmart is offering you a choice of $39.99 1 year Xbox live card OR $29.99 4000 points card. You can usually find good deals on the XBox live sub cards (there was a thread today detailing a $37.99 Ebay deal that I got in on) but I've never seen a deal on the points card. With the Kmart deal, for $90 + tax you'll be able to get COD Elite and receive founder status for even cheaper than the hardened edition. And on top of that, you'll receive a $15 coupon able to be used the following week, or if you spend at least $110 pretax on gaming software, you'll get a $50 coupon for use on the following week.

Its funny that Activision knows that the game will sell, so they dont have to do any deals for it.

All I know for sure is that BB is selling 12m XBL for $34.99 with purchase and guide 50% off.

So everyone has gift card deals, coupon deals and tournaments, but TRU is giving away a tiny Jeep with purchase? I think there's a clear loser here...everyone but TRU shoppers!

In for 2!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']So everyone has gift card deals, coupon deals and tournaments, but TRU is giving away a tiny Jeep with purchase? I think there's a clear loser here...everyone but TRU shoppers!

In for 2![/QUOTE]

Theres actually a deal next week on games. :)

I did not get the gift card email with the open at midnight email. Looks like best buy where I took advantage of the 50% bonus trade in will be my place of purchase.

[quote name='King Royalty']Um, you get the jeep AND a $15 gc so its not a bad deal![/QUOTE]
Yeah, buy one $59.99 game and get a $15 gc, buy 2 games and get a $40 gc.

last year i got 2 blops at midnite. 130-50(gc). and 2 sweet t-shirts. where is that deal this year?
i may just get one copy...

I don't know the exact numbers.

Stores that are doing the midnight opening will have somewhere between 5 - 10 shirts and 50 posters to give away to those that buy the game also.

Went to TRU, only about 20 people in line, bought 2 MW3's and got a $40 gift card the Jeep and a T-shirt. Drove next door to Wal-mart, saw some kid walking out and gave him $2 for his receipt for MW3 he just paid cash for. Go return extra copy of MW3 for cash tomorrow - Profit.

[quote name='coolflea216']Went to TRU, only about 20 people in line, bought 2 MW3's and got a $40 gift card the Jeep and a T-shirt. Drove next door to Wal-mart, saw some kid walking out and gave him $2 for his receipt for MW3 he just paid cash for. Go return extra copy of MW3 for cash tomorrow - Profit.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:
I would have bought him a bag of doritos. lol

My TRU had about 25 Jeeps and 0 shirts. All of the 5 empoyees working there had on the shirts though. Pretty sure they kept them for themselves. Got a poster though, and $15 GC. Better than nothing. I might return the game, all I wanted was the Jeep. I'm probably the only one.

By the way, the receipt says the return value of the game is $44.99 after they remove the gift card value from it.. but it looks like you can keep the Jeep for free.

They also wouldn't let me buy two copies of the game for the $40 GC and get two Jeeps. Only one per transaction.

This is what I scored

f4f66fe7.jpg

bread's done
Back