Black Friday crowds?

Zaku77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
I'd like to get my hands on that Zelda 3ds bundle from Best Buy for 20$ off. I've never gone out for Black Friday before though. How early should I get there, and how crazy will it be to get in and get one of these?

You're going to see a ton of people start camping at around 10pm-midnight on Thursday. By opening, the lines will be stretched around the building. As if that wasn't enough, the lines inside for the cashiers is going to stretch all the way to the back of the building. It will be just like that at BB, Wally, and Target. Every time I've gone, the one thing that I could get for $20 was just not worth waiting in the cashiers line that could easily take 1-2 hours. Have fun though!

blackfriday.jpg

[quote name='DangKid']You're going to see a ton of people start camping at around 10pm-midnight on Thursday. [/QUOTE]

Best Buy is opening at midnight, and it's said that most locations will start giving tickets for the big items around 10. I expect the campers to arrive much earlier in the day on thurs.

[quote name='longle']Keep your eyes on Amazon, they might match the deal[/QUOTE]

They can't match what they don't carry

[quote name='Jodou']Wait a second. . .they have BB in Asia?[/QUOTE]

yup

[quote name='longle']Keep your eyes on Amazon, they might match the deal[/QUOTE]

Amazon isn't selling 3DS systems.

OP, if you live in a place with such a rural name as "The Creek"--there are actually towns in my state with these types of names--then you might have a chance if you just arrive there an hour or so after the stores open. The initial rush is where the most carnage happens. My town has about 1,000 people in it, and all we have is a Walmart, but people still steal shit and threaten you with knives. :roll:

That is a good point haha. My town, Beavercreek, is quite tiny. The town with the nearest Best Buy (right out side Portland)....not so tiny haha. I wouldn't mind going over after midnight. I just hope they won't be sold out.

How do you think the lines will be at Gamestop? I am going to buy the Zelda 3DS Bundle, but I don't know if I should order it online or try going in at midnight. I live just outside of Houston, Texas.

[quote name='JediKiller24']Best Buy is opening at midnight, and it's said that most locations will start giving tickets for the big items around 10. I expect the campers to arrive much earlier in the day on thurs.[/QUOTE]

They want to compete with Walmart, so might as well all just open early for BF. :p

Black Friday's not something to screw around with.. it's a pretty big opponent, you should've started weight training back in April.

[quote name='Scorch']Black Friday's not something to screw around with.. it's a pretty big opponent, you should've started weight training back in April.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean 'Wait' training?

Black friday is a lot of Waiting. Wait for the store to open, wait for a cash register, wait to get out of the parking lot.....

[quote name='Scorch']Black Friday's not something to screw around with.. it's a pretty big opponent, you should've started weight training back in April.[/QUOTE]
why weight train when all you need is a taser

I bet you'll be able to snag it if you go a bit later... it's not really that good of a deal so I doubt it'll sell out quickly, like the $200 42" LCD.

If it's a mall Gamestop, they probably won't open until 4AM Friday. Standalone could be totally different.

For what it's worth, the Best Buy in Orange, CA already had campers this morning.

[quote name='Zaku77']Wow, fuck that. Never mind, I don't think the $20 is worth it honestly.[/QUOTE]

Your wrong. So worth it!

Go now, run little buddy. Get there so you can save $5 on a blu ray, office space or dodge ball perhaps.

my town is small as hell too, and last year wasn't too bad, anyone in rural areas are probably fine going in an hour or so after, less lines too as most of the people that were previously lined up are usually just there for a door buster / big ticket item. if you're just looking for smaller things i would just casually go about it and you might get lucky

[quote name='Parkerktm']Your wrong. So worth it!

Go now, run little buddy. Get there so you can save $5 on a blu ray, office space or dodge ball perhaps.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with my wrong? Might'n you mean "You're" wrong there good sir?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']my town is small as hell too, and last year wasn't too bad, anyone in rural areas are probably fine going in an hour or so after, less lines too as most of the people that were previously lined up are usually just there for a door buster / big ticket item. if you're just looking for smaller things i would just casually go about it and you might get lucky[/QUOTE]

I've had good luck after the early rush going to rural Walmarts to pick over the scraps of leftover cheap movies/games. It's actually better than a typical day because all the registers are open and nobody is buying $200 in groceries.

Violence breaking out at Walmarts all across the nation.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...t-in-armed-robberies-15-others-pepper-sprayed

Also, from the article:
Updated 9:45 a.m. ET: An explosive device was found at a break room at a Wal-Mart in Cave Creek, Ariz., according to reports Friday.

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said a suspicious package was found inside a refrigerator in the store break room on Thursday. The store was evacuated as a precaution while deputies investigated the package.

I wonder if an employee did this. LOL

[quote name='Spokker']Go to a nice area and you won't experience many problems.

Go to Wal-Mart and http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...r-spray-attack-triggered-chaos-screaming.html[/QUOTE]

A woman pepper sprayed the guy because she was "competitive shopping"? The fuck..? That bitch needs to be found and arrested. And they should take the shit she bought as evidence.

Even if I don't get the Xbox deal from Amazon, I'm glad I didn't go out. Every year, I always hear about this kind of stuff.

Best Buy was fuckin' insanity, so I headed to the smallest Gamestop in the area instead. I got my hands on the last Zelda 3DS. It's quite sexy!

[quote name='exaznkid']why weight train when all you need is a taser[/QUOTE]

The cool people are using pepper spray this year.

bread's done
Back