- - - - -

(DEAD) Sony PSP Go Pearl White $31 Sams Club YMMV

#1 srac84  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hey guys, I found out that Sam's Club is clearancing out the PSP Go System in Pearl White for $31 Plus tax. I know someone who got it a few days ago for that price. I went to my local Sams Club and they did in fact have it but I couldnt buy it, apparently it was "Pulled for Liquidation". At least that's what was on the screen when they were checking to see if it was in stock... Other people have had better luck I guess in other states as I recently saw this posted on Slick Deals as well, but seems like barely anyone knows about it. So..you might find it at your local Sams Club for that price. I assume that they are getting rid of em as the Vita is coming out. I hope everyone else has better luck! Again, this is prob YMMV as some Sams Club stores are still allowing you to purchase them and others might be like the one near me that are "pulling them for liquidation" Anyways, Good luck!!

Edited by srac84, 27 January 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#2 Greatwhitecoley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   632 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Greatwhitecoley

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

I don't think mine has had them in stock for awhile. I remember I was watching a piano black one for awhile and it got bought at around 70. i was waiting for 50. For 30 though it may be worth running to sams club really quick.

#3 SilentStryk09   m(o.O)m CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

SilentStryk09

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

i scored one for $56.XX back in september. Mine was an "open box, last one left" type deal though. came with everything still sealed, just missing the box itself.

#4 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21189 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

#5 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8359 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

For $30, I'd buy one. I have two games for the PSP that I was waiting to play so this would be pretty awesome!

#6 srac84  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

well the PSP Go doesn't support UMD discs just so you know, i think it only plays games that you download through the PSN Network.

#7 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6517 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

well the PSP Go doesn't support UMD discs just so you know, i think it only plays games that you download through the PSN Network.

He might be talking about the two downloads that Sony offered during the PSN outage.

#8 mcdaking84   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

I saw it for $50 at one in lansing, MI. is there a way to check other stores online?

#9 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

I read about this in a post on here, the Googled to find it on SD. Somewhere there posted a 1 day pass. I will get on my computer to check out that pass.

I think the OP of the post on that site took 3 days because they wanted to be sure to scour all local stores before the vultures attacked. Can't blame them.

#10 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6517 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

I got one really cheap ($30) and let me tell you, the novelty wears off QUICKLY. At any price it is still just a PSP with a limited library, the only was I would personally recommend it is if you did have a large number of legitimately purchased titles from the PSN store. Otherwise save your cash.

#11 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

I got one really cheap ($30) and let me tell you, the novelty wears off QUICKLY. At any price it is still just a PSP with a limited library, the only was I would personally recommend it is if you did have a large number of legitimately purchased titles from the PSN store. Otherwise save your cash.

But... but... it's PLAYSTATION!!!!!!! Does it go to PS Home? That would be SICK!!!!!!!!:)

#12 mkelehan   Xbox Live Arcade Fiend CAGiversary!   2469 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

mkelehan

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

It's also the only PSP that syncs with a PS3 controller. I did that, and hooked it up to the TV, letting me play PSP exclusives as if they were console games.

#13 myl0r   SKYRIM! CAGiversary!   2047 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'm sure there are some of us here who can't get one that would be willing to take this off your hands if it isn't your thing. Just sayin....:lol:

#14 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6517 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'm sure there are some of us here who can't get one that would be willing to take this off your hands if it isn't your thing. Just sayin....:lol:

I dumped it off on craigslist already. Sorry.

#15 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6860 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

This deal is extremely YMMV because not all Sam's have them at clearance prices per the SD thread.

#16 Greatwhitecoley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   632 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Greatwhitecoley

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

I just want one to play tactics ogre. Man I would kill for the ps3 to have a psp emulator :(.

#17 Nohbdy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2212 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

I just want one to play tactics ogre. Man I would kill for the ps3 to have a psp emulator :(.

That would kill the point of owning a PSP.

#18 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

Id really like this but not sure if the sams club nearest to me would have this price

#19 digitalcowboy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

digitalcowboy

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Maybe I can find time to drop by mine here in Atlanta. I've been wanting a GO for awhile.

#20 dallow   By Kaz! CAGiversary!   30360 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

Good luck.

I adore my PSP Go.
Best PSP verison.

#21 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Also...and I know it's a lot more, white PSP Go's are 99.97 on clearance at Sears. I'd check google shopping before driving out though only 2 sears in my area have them.

#22 Staraang21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Staraang21

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

$168.88 at my Sam's.

#23 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11549 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'd totally go for this price, but don't think I would see it with my luck

#24 McCarron   Game Deal Addict CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

A friend works at Sams Club and found a list of locations that SHOW they have one for $32. On this list was also the Des Plaines, IL store which I went to last night and we couldn't find the PSP go. So it's not guaranteed but this list is a good reference to maybe find one.

Anchorage, AK
Santa Clarita, CA
Gainesville, FL
Bradenton, FL
Alpharetta, GA
Idaho Falls, ID
Scarborough, ME
Farmington Hills, MI
Grand Blanc, MI
Las Vegas, NV
Beavercreek, OH
York, PA
Spartanburg, SC

Edited by shrike4242, 27 January 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#25 PancakesAreLove   CAG Chef CAGiversary!   5545 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

PancakesAreLove

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

A friend works at Sams Club and found a list of locations that SHOW they have one for $32. On this list was also the Des Plaines, IL store which I went to last night and we couldn't find the PSP go. So it's not guaranteed but this list is a good reference to maybe find one.

Anchorage, AK
Santa Clarita, CA
Gainesville, FL
Bradenton, FL
Alpharetta, GA
Idaho Falls, ID
Scarborough, ME
Farmington Hills, MI
Grand Blanc, MI
Las Vegas, NV
Beavercreek, OH
York, PA
Spartanburg, SC

Same here! Sucks Texas isn't on the list. There is not one nearby enough for me to drive and check

Edited by shrike4242, 27 January 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#26 leichstein   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

leichstein

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

Anchorage, AK
Santa Clarita, CA
Gainesville, FL
Bradenton, FL
Alpharetta, GA
Idaho Falls, ID
Scarborough, ME
Farmington Hills, MI
Grand Blanc, MI
Las Vegas, NV
Beavercreek, OH
York, PA
Spartanburg, SC

This sucks. I live about an hour and a half from beavercreek.

#27 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

Anchorage, AK
Santa Clarita, CA
Gainesville, FL
Bradenton, FL
Alpharetta, GA
Idaho Falls, ID
Scarborough, ME
Farmington Hills, MI
Grand Blanc, MI
Las Vegas, NV
Beavercreek, OH
York, PA
Spartanburg, SC

Hmmm, I wonder if it'd be worth it to drive an hour and a half just to check, haha.

#28 srac84  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Yeah mine is on the list in Michigan, though like I said I went to the store and they really did have it but it wasn't on the shelf, they checked it on their computer, but said that the status was "pulled for liquidation" which they said meant they weren't allowed to sell it and that they were sending it back to the manufacturer, so.. just cuz a store has it doesn't mean they will sell it to you which sucks..!

#29 JuGgAlObOyZ69   rainmaker CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

JuGgAlObOyZ69

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Haha, yep. I had one for a couple of weeks and returned it, since I missed the bigger screen and the actually comfortable triggers on my PSP-2000. Today, in the world where Vita is right around the corner and 3DS is getting established, I don't think I could buy a Go anymore.

#30 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4485 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

If your going hunting for a PSP you could always pick up a PSN card so your trip isn't a toal waste. Thye usually have tehm a couple bucks off.