TMK almost got raped at a strip club OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I see you deleted the other OTT? Funny how that one was at least active and might've finished before March.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']What was Strykes OTT about? Shopping carts?[/QUOTE]

Har Har.

It was actually about the superbowl. Titled "Jake Ballard for the OTT's Superbowl MVP"

I purchased the "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series. I hope it's as good as they say it is. I haven't really gotten into a book in a long time.

Just watched one of the strangest, yet very fascinating documentaries I've seen in a long while, called The Secret Glory

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307431/

Too bad its out of print and the company that put it out is gone. But thank you netflix for still carrying it!

Speaking of out of print...has anyone seen Dust Devil? Have it in my que and been meaning to bump it up. Was directed by Richard Stanley, who directed that documentary I mentioned above as well as Hardware. Have always heard that Dust Devil is pretty messed up but freaking great. Netflix has it streaming as well

Watching Kill Bill 1 & 2 tonight on blu, also been playing through G(od)oW 1 after beating Ratchet & Clank ToD.

TL;DR: I'm glad I bought a PS3.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Thats what she said![/QUOTE]

Times like this I wish I was a girl.

Then I could come up with some sort of response for everytime someone says that.

The 4 year old waking up every half hour starting at 4 am has ruined my chances of having a weekend night where I could play games for more than 1 hour at a time.

There's always the next day off....

Anybody have any digital camera suggestions or advice? I'm leaning toward purchasing a Cannon Rebel DSLR, but wonder if I should aim for something smaller to take around as I tour/go about my daily life in another country.

[quote name='eldergamer']The 4 year old waking up every half hour starting at 4 am has ruined my chances of having a weekend night where I could play games for more than 1 hour at a time.

There's always the next day off....[/QUOTE]

Does he always do that? My son is 3 but he almost always sleeps through the night.

Both of my kids slept through the night by the time they were 1 or so. It was more complicated for my second son since we were overseas for a bit of it. Still, they hardly ever wake up at night. They also go to bed easily.

[quote name='darthbudge']I purchased the "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series. I hope it's as good as they say it is. I haven't really gotten into a book in a long time.[/QUOTE]

I have the audio books so I can listen to them at work. It's extremely long, but it's good. I want to watch the HBO series.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Whoa. So there's a character in a published book that's largely based on me. That's kind of awesome.[/QUOTE]
Lulz.

Sprained ankles suck. Not as bad as when I sprained my other ankle back in 2010, but still...

Maybe I can call off work tomorrow. :razz:

[quote name='lordwow']Does he always do that? My son is 3 but he almost always sleeps through the night.[/QUOTE]

Her. And no. It seems to be a once every two months sort of thing. Probably was mostly due to the runny nose and being wet. And since she's a girl. It's drama, drama, drama.
Go back to bed? NOOOO!!!! Go Downstairs!

[quote name='Dkellar']Anybody have any digital camera suggestions or advice? I'm leaning toward purchasing a Cannon Rebel DSLR, but wonder if I should aim for something smaller to take around as I tour/go about my daily life in another country.[/QUOTE]

Check out the Canon S95 Power Shot. I have a Mark IV, and when I would take short trips having a ton of crap to carry on a plane was a pain. While the zoom is not the best, the camera is great for RAW images and you can manually adjust about every setting. It's like a pocket DSLR without being a DSLR.

As a quick note I think the only difference between the S95 & S100 is that the S100 has the GPS photo crap. Which to me was never important since the battery life is usually garbage on GPS enabled cameras.

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_s95

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-S95-Stabilized-3-0-Inch/dp/B003ZSHNGS

[quote name='Dkellar']Anybody have any digital camera suggestions or advice? I'm leaning toward purchasing a Cannon Rebel DSLR, but wonder if I should aim for something smaller to take around as I tour/go about my daily life in another country.[/QUOTE]

I have the Nikon Coolpix P90 - 12.1 MP, 24X zoom. It's the ease of a point and shoot, but the bells and whistles of a higher end camera. Has your different setting for sports, indoors/outdoors, panoramic, etc. Theres even a setting where you hold down the shutter, and it will snap a picture every frame for as long as you hold it down.

Pictures come out nice too.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Coolpix...EJZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327857530&sr=8-1

[quote name='munch']It that a blog from TheMangoKnife? I can't read it. With someone copy & paste?[/QUOTE]

All right, I'm going to start a set of two blog entries about last night. Let's just say I decided to have a final get together with co-worker friends before I move away since I got a new job. I only have two days of work left at my current job, then I might never see some of them again. I tried to think of a day/place to go. Since I enjoyed the food at DuClaw and liked one of their drinks before, I decided to hold the event there. Word got around quick about the party at work, but thankfully tons didn't show up (didn't want to be overwhelmed). A co-worker gave me the idea of having shots when I discussed about having a little more beer than normal.

This is the beer list for reference:
http://www.duclaw.com/beers.aspx

I had a co-worker pick me up because I was unsure if I'd be able to handle the amount of alcohol I was going to consume (keep in mind I'm a small guy who rarely drinks....haven't had a beer since August 2011 at nightmare452's party). I started off eating my plain hamburger with fries. After I finished the hamburger + Pepsi, I decided to have a drink. I was initially going to drink hard stuff first, beer later, but that didn't work out since I was unsure what to drink. One co-worker told me to smell the beer he got (it was either a Venom or Old flame), and I said it smelled like "Goo Gone". I ended up ordering a Sawtooth:

I felt the taste of it was okay, but preferred the "Bare Ass Blonde". I was debating what else to drink, but then decided to try a EuForia. EuForia had the following contents:
Quote:
This creamy, medium bodied, dark brown pint of liquid bliss combines smooth drinkability with a jubilant swirl of caramel, almond, and toffee flavors to leave you in a state of ecstasy.

That ended up being the best beer I ever had. I liked it a lot and could had more to drink easily. Sort of had a coffee taste in a way. I ended up having 2 waters in the meantime. I started to get a little tipsy after the two beers, but I wasn't bad. My co-workers and I were trying to think of the best mixed drink combination. On the menu, we settled for a some sort of vodka martini which had chocolate, cream, cinnamon, sugar, etc. mixed in. We substituted one ingredient for vanilla vodka. Let's just say it was a VERY strong mixed combination.

Once I started sipping it, I started losing it. I could barely walk/move around easily without a problem. The world felt like it was spinning. I mostly just sat there early on, but I did a few things I rarely/never do, such as pat friends on the shoulder (opening up a bit more socially). I was sending a TON of tweets on my Twitter with spelling errors and other things. I also sent a bunch of text to friends about what I was drinking and what was going on. I even accidentally text a few people on CAG. I had to use the bathroom over and over again and kept drinking water on top of the mixed drink, but I was still out of it. I followed my co-workers to the mexican restaurant next to DuClaw since they wanted margaritas. I didn't care to try any since I don't care for lime, but I did try new food all of a sudden that I would do sober (like Tortillas). Some text I sent were funny like "Save me (insert co-worker name)". Many of my Twitter followers were enjoying following me last night. I only had water at the restaurant. Just before we left to go to the third place of the evening, I started to feel a bit better were most alcohol wore off.

At the final place I went to which I'm going to discuss in the next blog entry, lets just say I had another beer there (just a Coors Light). Most beer I had in one night was two, but I had three. I also had that mixed drink which sent me to another world. The drink was so good, kind of tasted like chocolate eggnog to me. I wanted to keep on drinking it, but sort of tried to stop myself because I was getting pretty big (I didn't want to get plastered to a point I'd have to be carried home).

When I got home around 12:30pm, I instantly tried washing my clothes, took a shower, and headed off to bed. I could carefully concentrate on anything I was doing (I was super tired). I was hoping I'd be fine in the morning (sleeping was painful because it felt like time moved slowly), but I woke up with a headache. I still have the headache now and not going away (looks like I have my first hangover). UGH, I really hate that feeling. Part of me feels like I should have never went through this (sort of makes me a bad person, and I was worried about wrecking my career doing this). Oh well, it happened and I doubt I'll be having another drink for a good long time.

I didn't have to pay for anything since people at work wanted to pay to see this all happen.

EDIT: These were some of my tweets last night I barely remember:
Quote:
@ManaKnight Had two beers. Having a mixed drink next.

@ManaKnight I am already super tipsy. Barely can function

@ManaKnight I can barely function. Drink taste so good.

@ManaKnight (insert CAG member Twitter) dude, I am so lighyheaded now.

@ManaKnight I am not going to remeber this night

[quote name='munch']It that a blog from TheMangoKnife? I can't read it. With someone copy & paste?[/QUOTE]

This blog entry is an extension of the other blog I wrote earlier today. While I typically prefer to combine blogs, I felt last night was just too crazy to make it one blog (so I split it up).

Let me say that I NEVER wanted to go to a strip club. I do not care for the people at them, and they just not a place I want to spend a Friday night at. Lets say I got plenty of offers to go to strip clubs with people even offering to give me a good amount of money, but I always refuse. It's also against my moral beliefs in many ways too.

While we were at a Mexican restaurant last night, most of the group said they were going to another bar near Glen Burnie, MD. At first I thought it was just a regular local bar some just like stopping in on a Friday night for a short time. Other times while I was out I did that, so I figured nothing could be bad. I felt maybe I'll have a few more beers there because I was feeling better. So I rode in the car with a co-worker having absolutely no idea where we were going. Seems like we were heading into Brooklyn (a very bad area near Baltimore).

We got out of the car and I was told we had to put our cell phones away. I could not understand that so I did it. I never heard of the place before and the building looked kind of plain. So we go inside one set of doors, then another, and see two guards wanting to check everyone's ID (they didn't ask to see mine, lol). So we go inside and I see two poles. At first I thought it was just like MEX, which had an area for women to dance although they would not be naked. They tell me to sit at a table. Once we say down, there were women coming out trying to take off their clothes. Right away I shouted at my co-workers extremely angry with them telling them we gotta leave. I tried telling them strip clubs were against my moral beliefs and crap, and they kept telling me they are not leaving. I said I'll just go outside (even if I have to stand outside in the cold), and they said you don't want to do it because we are in one of the worst areas around Baltimore, MD. Seriously, that club reminded me of the Hostess Clubs in Yakuza 4 when I looked around. They told me I never experienced a strip club before, and I kept telling them I did in Yakuza 4 video game. They said there's a different between a video game and real life. I did not want to tip any girls $1 or anything, I just wanted to stay away. When one girl tried to rub her tits on me, I jumped out of my chair running away. All these guys excited to look at naked women there were looking at me all weird. I kept trying to stay away, while my co-workers were screaming at me to just relax, have a few beers to loosen me up, and to tip them money. They even ordered me a Coors Light without me asking, then telling me I HAD to drink it because I can't leave beer without drinking it. They did tell a bunch of the girls it was my first time there and tried getting them (whether it was strippers or just waitresses there) to be nice to me and try talking to me. They kept telling me to look at the tits (I saw them), but I was still too upset about being there. I did tip $1 JUST to please my co-workers (I just put the $1 in the strap and looked away right away). They kept going to the ATM getting more money.

They said they were only going to be there for an hour, but it seemed to be 2 hours. They were taking girls in a room for a lap dance (UGH). One girl there noticed I wasn't having fun and probably wanted to rape me, but at least a co-worker got her off me. My clothes smelt horrible from those strippers/hookers out there which is why I felt very uncomfortable. I could not believe I was around such weird people who were so excited to blow hundreds of dollars on strippers. I saw some old guy beyond excited to take a girl back for a lap dance (ewwwwwwwwww). My co-workers said they'd pay for a lap dance, but I said no (at least I didn't spend any of my own money there). Finally we ended up leaving the place and I felt relieved. My co-worker who lives near me drove me home (we drove through some REALLY bad areas at night around midnight).

Once I went home, I took a shower, and dumped my clothes/jacket in the washing machine. I tweeted on my twitter: "They tricked me into going to a strip club, them.", "I just took a shower to clean off that terrible smell of hookers touching me. I'll blog about the strip club story later".

Right now I just feel like a major idiot choosing to go out with my co-workers to the next place. I haven't heard word of them going to a strip club for a long time, so I assumed that wasn't where we were going (they just said bar). I would not have gone through that if I just went home with another co-worker after the two restaurants. Since I'm very sheltered, I wouldn't know if I was going into a strip club until I see girls come out (or if it matches Yakuza 4). I just have lots of regret right now trusting people not to take me to one, and just ending up at one. I feel like I'm a horrible person over this. At least I learned a lesson and won't do this again.

Keep in mind it's not like I'm afraid of naked girls, I just don't care for the strippers/hookers who are only their to make money (who are sometimes dirty, heavy smokers, have too many tattoos, etc.). I rather just have a regular normal girlfriend I can spend time with, instead of wasting money at a strip club.

Now I want to do my best to forget about what happened last night. Outside of feeling hungover, I've been inside watching quite a bit of anime (mostly English subtitled anime with JP voices, along with Gundam). Whatever makes me forget what all happened is good. I was okay with having more drinks than normal, but going to a strip club was going to far. I don't think I'm ever going out on a Friday/Saturday night again unless I'm snowboarding or going to to anime convention.

I will say this, anime conventions are WAY more enjoyable than strip clubs, and this is coming from someone who has been to both. I rather smell con-funk at an anime convention than skank ass at a strip club.

Oh man, can't wait to read that later.

In other news, I just LinkinPrime'd it. :( So disappointed in myself.

drwho.jpg

I can picture him, laying in bed, wrapped in blankets, watching anime (with english subs!).

What if TMK met a girl, who loved anime and that stupid disney/FF series, but was also a stripper?

Oh man.

Why is every female on Facebook apparently eating gluten free food all of a sudden? Is it just an Atkins fad or something? I'd assume its an edict from Oprah but since she's not around anymore ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back