Mafia II (360) for $10.08 shipped

[quote name='Wario64']Wish it was greatest hits version[/QUOTE]

It is....

• Includes all of the downloadable content available for the standard edition, adding more than double the original gameplay. Featuring new storylines, new playable characters, and new city-based quests with leaderboard challenges.

I forget when, but a while ago Amazon started sending the Hits version instead of the regular "Standard" one.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']It is....

I forget when, but a while ago Amazon started sending the Hits version instead of the regular "Standard" one.[/QUOTE]

Ohh. Now to decide if I want it...I know I won't have time to play it

Also the 10.08 price is not from amazon. Probably want to order from amazon to make sure you get the hits verision

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']It is....

I forget when, but a while ago Amazon started sending the Hits version instead of the regular "Standard" one.[/QUOTE]
No, not at all, this happens every few weeks

The game you see pictured is the game you will get, the descriptions are messed up and people come back and say "well I didn't get the platinum version" and then I come in with the "I told you when you ordered that you were not going to get that version"

I'll just wait to do it again

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No, not at all, this happens every few weeks

The game you see pictured is the game you will get, the descriptions are messed up and people come back and say "well I didn't get the platinum version" and then I come in with the "I told you when you ordered that you were not going to get that version"

I'll just wait to do it again[/QUOTE]

I bought the game when it went down to $19.99 on Amazon. Same picture, same description. Received the Hits version. If you order this you will receive the Hits version.

However, if you would like the other version without the DLC, here you go:
Original Version

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I bought the game when it went down to $19.99 on Amazon. Same picture, same description. Received the Hits version. If you order this you will receive the Hits version.

However, if you would like the other version without the DLC, here you go:
Original Version[/QUOTE]

Gonna wait for the GH.

[quote name='batrick']Gonna wait for the GH.[/QUOTE]

Buy the game! This IS the GH for 10 bucks. I was showing that other dude that the link OP posted is GH and the link I posted is Original. Because he thought the link OP didn't come with DLC because it doesn't "say" GH but IT IS GH!

EDIT: And even though you said GH I'm assuming you mean Platinum Hits.

Bottom line: Link OP posted is Platinum Hits version of the game.

[quote name='Wario64']Just to be clear, the one that is sold by amazon is PH, right?[/QUOTE]

• Amazon includes the DLC as a feature in this version's listing.
  • I previously ordered a copy and received the PH version.
  • Amazon has a seperate listing for the "original" version of the game.

If you want to ignore those facts feel free to. But I would feel very comfortable saying it is PH. And if for some crazy reason it isn't they will give you your money back I'm sure because it is false advertising (the DLC).

20120211_212517.jpg

Told you guys.

The concern over not getting the PH edition would have been avoided had a new UPC version been produced instead of replacing the vanilla UPC. I'd want to say one or two people here got the vanilla version when it was advertised as the PH when it was first introduced.

That said, Mafia 2 was a fun game. The game mechanics are similar to a GTA but the open world aspect seemed under utilized until you played the DLC story packs. The story packs are mostly what feel like "side missions" you'd come across in most other games. They barely have any story elements and feel like fetch quests (well instead of fetching it's steal this car, destroy that thing, or kill that guy). I'd recommend playing Joe's Adventure first if you're still itching for more Mafia 2 because it has the most "story." Then either of the Jimmy packs if you want even more.

Ive ordered this game twice once with NYelectronics and then with Amazon a few weeks ago and didnt receive the PH version I think ill wait. It was more of a hassle to return it the second time no ups drop off was offered.

If it's the PH version, it sounds like it's worth it.

But what if it isn't? Worth $10? Never played and I'm trying to make a quick decision.

Thanks!

[quote name='KD19982']If it's the PH version, it sounds like it's worth it.

But what if it isn't? Worth $10? Never played and I'm trying to make a quick decision.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I played the standard edition, and enjoyed it enough for a $10 purchase.

I remember playing the the original for hours. Even if this second coming is only a little better it is worth $10 no matter what version it comes boxed in. Awesome game, awesome price.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is still one of my favorite 360 games. The main character is great and the game is bomb. If you don't own this game, buy it now.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']

Told you guys.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Survivalism']Of course it's PH, they don't produce the vanilla one any more.[/QUOTE]

Nope! Not for me at least, they sent me the vanilla version.

[quote name='Yttr']Nope! Not for me at least, they sent me the vanilla version.[/QUOTE]

Call Amazon and ask them where the DLC they advertised on the page is.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Buy the game! This IS the GH for 10 bucks. I was showing that other dude that the link OP posted is GH and the link I posted is Original. Because he thought the link OP didn't come with DLC because it doesn't "say" GH but IT IS GH!

EDIT: And even though you said GH I'm assuming you mean Platinum Hits.

Bottom line: Link OP posted is Platinum Hits version of the game.[/QUOTE]

This is pure bullshit mind was the regular edition! Weak deal!

[quote name='WV Matsui']This is pure bullshit mind was the regular edition! Weak deal![/QUOTE]

Once again. Call amazon and point out that dlc is listed as a feature and you did not receive it.

bread's done
Back