Best Buy February Nintendo Zone Coupon: Tiered discount,10%/20%/30% off ALL 3DS games

Mr. bubble

CAG Veteran
I searched through the forum, but I didn't see this one deal even though the coupon says it started on Feb. 6th. Please lock/delete if old.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...4&ref=71&loc=02&_inv_out=9631&_inv_cp=5172507

Up to 30% off on ALL Nintendo 3DS games! Bring your 3DS to Best Buy and grab the coupon off Nintendo Zone.

Buy one 3DS game, get 10% off
Buy two 3DS games, get 20% off
Buy three or more 3DS games, get 30% off

Deal lasts 2/6/2012 to 3/4/2012.

The discount will apply to each game individually (see my receipt below).

I assume this includes new releases such as Resident Evil: Revelaitons, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition, and Tales of the Abyss (if you're lucky you can find that).

There are reports that Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D will not automatically be counted towards the discount. However, you can dispute that with the store since the coupon says "all Nintendo 3DS games".

The cashier actually couldn't scan the barcode off my 3DS so he had to type in the numbers manually.

img_1483.jpg

My receipt:
img_1481.jpg

If they had Mario 3D Land, I would've gotten it, but the Best Buy I went to was all out. They had lots of RE:R copies though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. bubble']I live in Oregon. No sales tax in this state.[/QUOTE]
Life must be very sweet there

Damn, that is a sweet deal. If I had a 3DS I would totally buy Ocarina of Time, RE: Revelations, and MGS 3DS. Too bad Gamestop still doesn't have the 3DS for $150, combined with this and getting a CPP it definitely beats out getting just the Vita at $250.

Figures I see this after having splurged and burnt a bunch of gs credit for resident vil, tales nd paying off metal gear...

Thanks anyway!

[quote name='FJY']Life must be very sweet there[/QUOTE]

I guess, if you like lots of rain. :) Summers are pretty nice and mild though.

All my online purchases are tax-free as well.

[quote name='FJY']Life must be very sweet there[/QUOTE]there's no tax in DE either but it seems like the state closes at 8(at least in the wilmington area)

[quote name='rieper']I have a 3ds please tell me how you receive best buy coupons? What is Nintendo zone??[/QUOTE]

Basically take your 3DS into a Best Buy and find the demo kiosk and get online using the Nintendo Zone option on the 3DS, it will show you the coupons there.

[quote name='Vanacloud']Title is a little misleading dont you think? You need to buy THREE games to get the 30% off[/QUOTE]

I put "tiered discount" and "up to 30%" in the title, but I'll add more if it'll help.

[quote name='Vanacloud']Title is a little misleading dont you think? You need to buy THREE games to get the 30% off[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension is difficult for you, isn't it? The title clearly states "up to 30%".

[quote name='Fatbot3']Basically take your 3DS into a Best Buy and find the demo kiosk and get online using the Nintendo Zone option on the 3DS, it will show you the coupons there.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Nintendo && Best Buy should really promote this better...I consider myself a gaming nerd got every console including a Wii and its the first im hearing of this program :roll:

Thanks for the heads up, im goin to the BB kiosk tomorrow.

[quote name='Mr. bubble']I put "tiered discount" and "up to 30%" in the title, but I'll add more if it'll help.[/QUOTE]

I understood it just fine. You can't solve for people who can't read.

thanks for the heads up.

Random question, but there are some games that aren't in stock at my local store but the "Ship to store" option is there. If I choose that would I be able to then use this discount on those items?

[quote name='Xellos2099']let me guess... Tales of Abyss?[/QUOTE]

I've seen that game being brought up in the context that it was hard to find despite just being released...

Does anyone have more information? Was it just a small production or is demand really high?

Hmm How much will mgs be if it is spilt 3 way? with shipping and stuff. Btw, cheapbrokegamer, what u think of the demo? I read review it is suppose to be really good but when i try out the demo i am a bit underwhelm because I play the HD version. But wheh u think about it.... amazon with 10 credit is probably a better deal with free shipping and no tax

GBAstar... I think it is a combination of both high demand and very small print. I scroll by best buy on launch day and they have neither tale of the abyss of RE revelation. I manage to stroy my copy from newegg fopr 20 with my old dark soul coupon.

[quote name='buckythekat']I actually don't have MK7 or Mario 3D Land yet so this is very tempting... especially if I can find Tales of the Abyss at Best Buy[/QUOTE]

If only. Would love to buy tales+RE+ (can't think of game since I already have MK7/SML). I seriously hope that tales doesn't become another freaking Devil Survivor. I am right now riding on lockerz to actually ship the damn game, but its been at least a week and no tracking info or anything.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I really need to pay more attention to these 3DS zone deals. Any Boston area CAGers want to split 3 games?

Has anyone figured out what the range is of the Nintendo Zone access point? When I tried in the 3DS aisle, it just kept giving me an error...but when I finally figured out where the access point is located (inside the Wii endcap), then it worked. But it seems ridiculous to have to be *right* next to it...

[quote name='Cheapskate']Has anyone figured out what the range is of the Nintendo Zone access point? When I tried in the 3DS aisle, it just kept giving me an error...but when I finally figured out where the access point is located (inside the Wii endcap), then it worked. But it seems ridiculous to have to be *right* next to it...[/QUOTE]

In my experience the range should be wide enough to get a weak signal even an aisle over. Perhaps your location had some items obstructing the signal?

[quote name='Xellos2099']Hmm How much will mgs be if it is spilt 3 way? with shipping and stuff. Btw, cheapbrokegamer, what u think of the demo? I read review it is suppose to be really good but when i try out the demo i am a bit underwhelm because I play the HD version. But wheh u think about it.... amazon with 10 credit is probably a better deal with free shipping and no tax

GBAstar... I think it is a combination of both high demand and very small print. I scroll by best buy on launch day and they have neither tale of the abyss of RE revelation. I manage to stroy my copy from newegg fopr 20 with my old dark soul coupon.[/QUOTE]

I have the HD collection as well so I can compare them. The graphics on the 3DS version does not seem as sharp in terms of graphics as the HD collection, however, there is something about playing a portable version of metal gear that really appeals to me. I really enjoyed the demo.

The aiming felt good with circle pad pro. It felt fairly precise yet, lenient. On thing I despised about it was the gyroscope control for crossing the bridge, it felt unnecessary, but I suppose they want to integrate 3rd features into the game.

Thanks for letting me know about amazon credit. It comes out to a better deal since best buy charges almost $3 in taxes here in Florida

Great deal if you are looking for some first party games (that never drop) or your store has a couple of cheaper games still (like cubic ninja) to fill in for 3 games.

Wish this worked on used games too (assuming it doesn't).

As much as I want to get in on this deal, I think I'll wait for a B2G1 somewhere. Maybe by then, Tales of the Abyss will be easier to come by.

Plus, I'd feel stupid presenting a coupon off of my 3DS at the cash register.

Nice find OP.

Too bad I can't think of three titles to grab. Have most of the usual suspects. Wonder if there are some $20 to grab.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']As much as I want to get in on this deal, I think I'll wait for a B2G1 somewhere. Maybe by then, Tales of the Abyss will be easier to come by.

Plus, I'd feel stupid presenting a coupon off of my 3DS at the cash register.[/QUOTE]

B2G1 sales at BB are hard to come by. I think they only do 2 a year.

Presenting the coupon off the 3DS was no problem for me. When they had one for 1/2 off select games, I saved the page earlier on Nintendo Zone and the cashier just scanned the 3DS screen :)

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']As much as I want to get in on this deal, I think I'll wait for a B2G1 somewhere. Maybe by then, Tales of the Abyss will be easier to come by.

Plus, I'd feel stupid presenting a coupon off of my 3DS at the cash register.[/QUOTE]

B2G1 free is actually 33% off each game. This coupon is 30% off each game if u buy 3 games. I don't think waiting is worth 3% off each game, which would be $1.20 off each game

I would say jump on this sooner rather than later, if you're on the fence. The few Best Buys I hit up were picked clean of the major games (SMB3DL, RE:R, MK7, Starfox) I managed to get lucky and found the last RE:R and ML7 (got Pokemon Rumble Blast as a filler).

As cheapbrokegamer says: it's only 3% over B2G1, unless you're dying for MGS3D get out there.

Personally, I'll wait until a deal on the CPP for MGS. The demo felt incomplete without it.

I'm guessing no chance for pre-orders to work? Would be nice to get Kid Icarus in on this... As it is I think all there is that I want is Tales of the Abyss.

Can someone confirm whether this coupon applies to MGS3D? It comes out tomorrow. I'm not buying it, but it'd be interesting to know the answer.

This coupon is only a couple dollars worse than a B2G1 deal assuming all the games you buy are $40. It's certainly better if you want to buy 4 or more games though.

Im going down right now to buy 2 RE:R and MGS3DS. I want to have a sealed RE:R and one to open. I had previously bought 2 RE:R at GameStop but I have not had the chance to open either one and will return both since this is such a better deal. Good Find OP. I will post if it worked on MGS3DS when I return tonight. Thanks! :applause:

I picked up MGS3D, RE, and Star Fox today. The coupon didnt work on MGS automatically, but the cashier applied it since it specifically says "ALL 3DS GAMES". So hopefully nobody else has any problems!

blah, I went in and bought MGS3D and PES2012, but the coupon didnt work for MGS, so I just assumed it didn't work on it, and didnt want to bother the guy since he was the only one working and he had to type in for that, my gift card, and my reward zone certificate.

Ok so check out my trip(s) to bestbuy. I go to the closest one by me and of course they have only ONE Res Evil left in stock and it is the error one so whatever. I pick that up along with MGS and Mario Kart 7 (I already have this but under suggestion from the employee in the game section, he tells me to buy it to get the deal and just return it in a few days and do an even exchange for another Res Evil when they come back in stock). Ok so I'm told to go to customer service because that's where they will take the coupon. The lady at the counter tells me I have to print it out and I'm like there's really no way to do that so she says okay. Tries to scan it but does not work so she types it in automatically and it works. HOWEVER it changed the price from 39.99 to 31.99 (only 20% off) for Mario kart and resident evil. MGS was for some reason not coming off. So I asked to speak to a manager since the employee was getting an attitude telling me it's not going to work and the manager can't change the price. I digress and ask for the manager anyways. He comes out and reads the fine print on my 3DS. He says okay and then scans Mario kart again as a test which this time rings up as $27.99 (30% off). So he removes the extra Mario Kart and changes the price of MGS to $31.99 (only 20% off again) so I digress again and explain that it should be 30% off each game and I point out how the second Mario kart rang up $27.99 so after a minute of reluctance he changed the prices of all 3 to $27.99. I'm guessing this may be YMMV depending on your store but you should def always plead your case. It worked this time!

PS
I said trips because after I left I went down the road to our other best buy which had copies of RE in stock. So I just took my Mario kart 7 and exchanged it for the second copy of res evil. The girl tried to charge me the difference at first (around $14, the difference between the two $39.99-->$27.99) but I informed her of the deal and it was an even exchange. Quick side note, the res evil that I received at this store had the correct spelling on the side. That was pretty quick for capcom to correct that little mistake. Lesson here? Never give up!

[quote name='buckythekat']is it possible to put this towards a game that you would have to order in store?

yes this is about Tales of the Abyss :p[/QUOTE]
YMMV, but I did an instore pickup once in a store. This was for a DIFFERENT Best Buy-- the associate placed the order, then took my coupon and applied it to my order. So when I picked it up, it was the correct price.

This seems like the same exact thing. I'm tempting to try and do three copies of Tales.

Wonder what happens if I buy 3 games, and next week take one back... I would assume I still get 30% off the lot of games, and they would just refund the amount paid for the 3rd game.

Only reason I ask, is for some reason - I buy a few games at a time, and usually end up returning one when I read a bunch of reviews, then make a "final" decision, and open the ones I want.

Hi, I created another thread (which I lock) to see if I could get a screen shot of the coupon code but the OP has already put one up (Thank you).

My store says their Nintendo Zone is broken but would honor the coupon if I could find a copy to bring in.

I want two MGS 3D and a RE revelations. Obviously the MGS isn't working. Do you know the best way to get them to honor the 30% discount?

Is their a forum for this on the best buy website? I wonder if the gaming reps will be helpful.

bread's done
Back