Medal of Honor: Warfighter BETA IS OUT OCT 5TH

They should give this free to anyone who paid full price for MOH. I picked it up from Wal-Mart when it was $10 and enjoyed the sp but the mp was so sad. With Best Buy's bonus trade in, I was able to get like $15 in trade for it so it was win-win for me.

I enjoyed the multi of the Medal of Honor reboot. Thought the story mode was atrocious, tho.

In general, I've grown bored of generic first-person shooters, like Medal of Honor. These days, they have to be unique to catch my interest. Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, blah, bland, and their brother. Hopefully, they offer something more than just the norm. Otherwise, I'm not interested.

[quote name='Necrozilla']First one was as generic as you can get, except the lean-and-shoot button which should be adopted by ALL shooters.
[/QUOTE]

God I hope that never happens. We have enough campers and snipers as it is and someone would just sit longer behind something and just poke their head out every 3 sec instead of actually moving. I hated the concept on pc and hope it doesn't come to all shooters.

[quote name='Sistros']Hopefully there's a beta for Warfighter, I'm very interested in the multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Well there is and it is coming out tomorrow for all gold members. No catches at all.

So, how do we download it?

"As announced, the Medal of Honor Warfighter Beta is due to be available for download today, October 5, though it is currently unavailable in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

We're working with our partners at Microsoft to ensure the expedient delivery of the Beta to our players and hope to have it live soon.

Please stay tuned for updates on this issue, and thank you for being an EA Player."

Oh nevermind. EA is dropping the ball once again.

[quote name='thegreatest']So, how do we download it?

"As announced, the Medal of Honor Warfighter Beta is due to be available for download today, October 5, though it is currently unavailable in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

We're working with our partners at Microsoft to ensure the expedient delivery of the Beta to our players and hope to have it live soon.

Please stay tuned for updates on this issue, and thank you for being an EA Player."

Oh nevermind. EA is dropping the ball once again.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure it's EA's fault when MS is notorious for having certification issues and hurdles for developers? Or are you just trolling. Funny I'm downloading just fine at 4 PM EST.

I got in about 3 games today, it's all right, I leveled up 5 times, I'm not really feeling the map we are playing on, there's a lot of just "crap" that gets in your way, you can't quite jump over, you get stuck on or can't run through/passed.

Apparently you can't shoot through chain link fences?

I don't remember the BF3 graphics being as bad as this game's graphics. I only tried the OAG m4, haven't tried any other weapons but I feel as if most if not all the weapons handle about the same, with maybe the exception of the LMGs and obviously snipers, but more so the attachments don't really add anything other than aesthetics, again just my opinion, not a real study on it.

The MOH lag is there, the hit detection still feels a bit shoddy, running behind cover and then getting killed after you're already behind cover, the age old problem with FPS, it's either lag or the game itself.

Probably will wait again to buy this like I waited to buy MOH, maybe it'll be on sale on Black Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand how this game is so inferior to bf3. The textures are horrendous. I suppose DICE is just way superior developers. Ridiculously unpolished.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Hopefully this one won't tank like Medal Of Honor did.[/QUOTE]

Going by the demo it seems like it will,game is terrible.

It's sad, I was really looking forward to this again as well. It plays better than the previous MOH, but that's not saying much when the prior version was dog shit. Even Bad Co 2 looked better than this, I mean what gives?

The gun handling is so bad too, even when I shoot in bursts, the optics are flying all over the place, then someone with an LMG blasting away and running at me decimates me.

the demo is okay. nothing special about the game.

got frustrated that it kept spawning me in front of death and bullets. at least give me a shot to move around!

and please don't check the platoon leaderboards. it just kept spinning and spinning. i had to dump back to the dashboard and reload the game because there was no out for me.

This game seems so bad from the beta. It has one of the worst console UIs I've seen. Every screen seems cluttered. And since this game cribs stuff from Battlefield, it just cheapens both games. And you have such a miniscule amount of health, you might as well be playing any COD. Seriously, with the guns that don't have laughable recoil, you can kill/die in less than 1 second. Who is the game supposed to be for?

I think this game was designed to try and compete with COD's A.D.D play style with sprinkles of BF3 thrown in, unfortunately it doesn't do anything better than COD or BF3 making it obsolete before it's even been released.

[quote name='hustletron']I think this game was designed to try and compete with COD's A.D.D play style with sprinkles of BF3 thrown in, unfortunately it doesn't do anything better than COD or BF3 making it obsolete before it's even been released.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. And on a side note, I hate how EA (and Ubisoft) games are kinda just coalescing into one. Every game takes from the other so every game plays the same. It's not good.

[quote name='panda911']Exactly. And on a side note, I hate how EA (and Ubisoft) games are kinda just coalescing into one. Every game takes from the other so every game plays the same. It's not good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's surprising how they haven't quite gone out of business yet. Not so much EA because of all their different IPs but Ubisoft hasn't put out a real quality game since, dare I say, the original splinter cell on the first xbox? Of course that's my opinion on Ubisoft but basically they suck now, the new GRFS sucks, the free GRFS on PC sucks, I wasn't a fan of Assassin's Creed when it came out, I'm hoping the new one renews my faith in Ubisoft.

Anyways, back on topic, tried playing again and I just can't get into it, the spawns kept screwing me spawning me into enemies firing in my direction insta-killing me. The killstreak rewards don't really tell you exactly what you get because they flash on the screen too fast with all the action going on. The menus are just atrocious, somehow they are worse than the previous MOH, I don't know wtf half the menus do, picking your SF nationality, etc. What is the point? Looks? Weapons available? Any sort of advantage? Disadvantage?

I'm sure most of that would be clear when it releases and people get to delve into the game deeper but still.

Played one match. It was okay (I like the point streaks). Played half of a second match, was so disappointed that I couldn't finish it. I think I'd much, much rather play BF3...

I played my first game last night. I didn't realize how long the matches would take. I was playing for over half an hour, just one match. Anyway, the interface is quite "busy," I didn't really understand how to control when or where I spawned, although towards the end of the match I finally saw there was an option on the far right side of the screen, but it didn't always seem to give me too many options. I also didn't really understand how to tell if my team was winning or losing, or even what exactly the objective was... looked like we were supposed to capture a series of checkpoints, but I couldn't figure out what exactly we were supposed to do... or even if I was attacking or defending... could have used a bit of a tutorial I guess. I actually liked the way your teammates (and occasionally a spotted enemy) would be highlighted for you to see thru walls and whatnot. I'll have to give it another shot when I've got more time to play.

[quote name='DJP519']I played my first game last night. I didn't realize how long the matches would take. I was playing for over half an hour, just one match. Anyway, the interface is quite "busy," I didn't really understand how to control when or where I spawned, although towards the end of the match I finally saw there was an option on the far right side of the screen, but it didn't always seem to give me too many options. I also didn't really understand how to tell if my team was winning or losing, or even what exactly the objective was... looked like we were supposed to capture a series of checkpoints, but I couldn't figure out what exactly we were supposed to do... or even if I was attacking or defending... could have used a bit of a tutorial I guess. I actually liked the way your teammates (and occasionally a spotted enemy) would be highlighted for you to see thru walls and whatnot. I'll have to give it another shot when I've got more time to play.[/QUOTE]

The enemy that is highlighted is the person who just killed your squad mate. The same applies for whenever you kill someone, his squad mate is alerted of where you are and what you are doing.

Been thinking about getting this or going back to BF3. Looks like BF3 again. Thanks for those the posted there thought to this point.

[quote name='gotdott']The enemy that is highlighted is the person who just killed your squad mate. The same applies for whenever you kill someone, his squad mate is alerted of where you are and what you are doing.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. Makes sense, and good to know.

I downloaded the beta... but based upon what you all are saying I think I'll just ignore it and go back to Borderlands 2.

Kind of a shame... I would have liked to seen another quality CoD type shooter on the market in an effort to push CoD to new heights... or at least the heights it use to be. (Haven't gotten one since MW2 and skipped Black Ops too.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I downloaded the beta... but based upon what you all are saying I think I'll just ignore it and go back to Borderlands 2.

Kind of a shame... I would have liked to seen another quality CoD type shooter on the market in an effort to push CoD to new heights... or at least the heights it use to be. (Haven't gotten one since MW2 and skipped Black Ops too.)[/QUOTE]

Give it a shot It has gotten better since the first day and a half. You have to put time in the beta and get a feel for things, once you do that you will enjoy it a lot more.

Try using a different class like the special ops class, using the mp7 or the sniper class and try out the semi auto sniper. Both guns are very good. Might have to rank up a few levels to unlock them.

It's pretty funny that everybody thinks this going to be the finished product. They did the same thing with BF3 last year with old alpha and beta builds. I am not trying to change anyone's stance, but I would not listen to the opinion's of people who have not put anytime in the beta.

The only things I don't like are the slow reload times, it takes forever to reload and when you spawn, the primary weapon takes forever to come out. I am not expecting much out of the beta, I know the graphics, mechanics and many bugs will be more polished and the bugs will be reduced.

The alpha of BF3 was exactly the same as release, the only exception was some bugs were fixed in the final build that weren't in the alpha. Hell the soft ground in metro in the first set of MCOMs wasn't even fixed until the game came out for the PC. Beta isn't beta anymore with regards to consoles. I guess we'll see when it comes out this month how much they actually changed in a few weeks.

[quote name='hustletron']The alpha of BF3 was exactly the same as release, the only exception was some bugs were fixed in the final build that weren't in the alpha. Hell the soft ground in metro in the first set of MCOMs wasn't even fixed until the game came out for the PC. Beta isn't beta anymore with regards to consoles. I guess we'll see when it comes out this month how much they actually changed in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement. It's hard to call it a beta when it's only a few weeks from release. If this game was still months ago, I would give it a chance but after playing the demo for several days, I'll probably wait for it to drop in price.

[quote name='AJVtony831']I agree with this statement. It's hard to call it a beta when it's only a few weeks from release. If this game was still months ago, I would give it a chance but after playing the demo for several days, I'll probably wait for it to drop in price.[/QUOTE]

I mean maybe it is an actual beta build, but I can guarantee that whatever build version it is, isn't that far from release. I know they didn't just package what they had up until the week of the release of the demo, it's probably a few months old, but in the development life cycle, even if it was 3 months prior to last week, not much is going to change later this month.

Gears of War 3 had a real beta. EA doesn't do real betas. These are more multiplayer demos/stress tests/wide-release QA tests hiding behind the shield of lol just beta guys. How many issues can they really fix when the game is on shelves in just 2 weeks. It's gotta go gold sometime.

BF 3 didn't look like a turd though. I know that games aren't all about looks blah blah blah, but seriously, does anyone really trust danger close? There's a reason Dice helped them with the first game's multiplayer. The single player was fun but severely flawed. Now Danger Close is working on the game by themselves and I think it shows. Outdated graphics, piss poor menu system, and nothing interesting about the game what so ever. I may pick this up down the line, more than likely I'll rent it to play the SP, but this deserves no attention at all.

The concept of a console beta is pretty much becoming blurred with an outright demo, but these "betas" are important. Even if the team can't make the changes on the final build, they can begin work on the first patch. There's nothing like have hundreds of thousands of people testing out your game and telling you the flaws and what's unbalanced. With Battlefield 3 we all knew what we were getting into. The game is awesome. This game on the other hand...no so much

[quote name='slickkill77']BF 3 didn't look like a turd though. I know that games aren't all about looks blah blah blah, but seriously, does anyone really trust danger close? There's a reason Dice helped them with the first game's multiplayer. The single player was fun but severely flawed. Now Danger Close is working on the game by themselves and I think it shows. Outdated graphics, piss poor menu system, and nothing interesting about the game what so ever. I may pick this up down the line, more than likely I'll rent it to play the SP, but this deserves no attention at all.

The concept of a console beta is pretty much becoming blurred with an outright demo, but these "betas" are important. Even if the team can't make the changes on the final build, they can begin work on the first patch. There's nothing like have hundreds of thousands of people testing out your game and telling you the flaws and what's unbalanced. With Battlefield 3 we all knew what we were getting into. The game is awesome. This game on the other hand...no so much[/QUOTE]

The debate wasn't whether or not BF3 looked good or bad, it was that they both looked the same when they were released. What people are seeing in this demo is what they will see when the game comes out.

I agree regarding the patches though, hopefully they can make it better and when it hits the $20 bin it will be fun, or even come Black Friday. I stopped playing COD because I don't find spawn die spawn die spawn die spawn die for 10 minutes fun. This is exactly that but somehow worse.

I hope they expand a little more on the different SF affiliations though I think there's a lot of potential there. I'm just so starved for a decent FPS that doesn't involve vehicles as heavily as BF3 and I don't want it to just be Halo.

I played a few games and its decent. Better than the last MOH but that's not saying much. Any way to switch countries after you have picked one? Thx.

I liked the beta, went and preordered yesterday. I figure wth got my other 6 games this season preordered. Plus I get bf4 beta. Hellllllllllll yessss

So this is released today. Anyone know if it uses an online pass? Being an EA game, I presume it probably does, which means there is no sense in renting a copy to try it out, since I'd probably be unable to access the multiplayer.

Got this from Redbox and the sniping is horrible. I'm on the first mission still where I'm forced to snipe some people and I'm about to just take it back.

[quote name='whoknows']Got this from Redbox and the sniping is horrible. I'm on the first mission still where I'm forced to snipe some people and I'm about to just take it back.[/QUOTE]

^^^This

Either it is glitched or I can't snipe for shit. There are 7 guys you have to snipe. I can get the first 5 and then I can't hit the other 2. I randomly shot once at the other 2 and hit them but it wouldn't let me move on. I hope multiplayer will be much better....

bread's done
Back