Mass Effect 3 (ps3/360)$47.99 used @ Gamestop

NuclearPorkchop

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Didn't see this posted, but Gamestop has Mass Effect 3 (ps3/360) used for $47.99 (instead of the normal $55 for used games).

*Edit: as MSUHitman said later in the thread, Gamestop now lists used games that require an online-pass @ this price instead of the normal $55. Since I didn't know about this, I'd thought sharing that info here might benefit some other ppl.

IE: BF3 (which has an online-pass) is $47.99 used vs. Modern Warfare 3 (which doesn't) at $54.99 used.

:ps3:PS3 Version
:360:360 Version

Returned the new copy I bought yesterday for this after I checked the website & saw my local store actually had a used copy (TWO DAYS after release)!

Since the online pass included will MOST LIKELY ALREADY BE USED, this is great for those that don't pay for XBL Gold (like me), or just don't care about the MP. That said, I lucked out & my copy had an unused MP pass, as well as an unused 2-day XBLG trial. Obviously YMMV for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually pretty tempting. I have enough for a $20 off coupon. But I'm not sure whether or not I care about multiplayer

[quote name='kinney_bmx']This is actually pretty tempting. I have enough for a $20 off coupon. But I'm not sure whether or not I care about multiplayer[/QUOTE]

I heard that MP actually affects on how the game ends. (PC Gamer)

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Well poop.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to play multiplayer to achieve the best ending. You can still get the best/perfect ending without playing the multiplayer. Don't have to play the multiplayer at all if you don't want to.

[quote name='Blackjack13']You don't have to play multiplayer to achieve the best ending. You can still get the best/perfect ending without playing the multiplayer. Don't have to play the multiplayer at all if you don't want to.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP.

I found a store that has it just 5 miles away (hopefully pick up at store option that I used works-store closed already). If the online pass is used already, can I use Microsoft Points to purchase another one? I ask because I've got a bunch of MP already and I'd rather not spend cash.

Thanks op!

[quote name='paulwekiva']Thanks OP.

I found a store that has it just 5 miles away (hopefully pick up at store option that I used works-store closed already). If the online pass is used already, can I use Microsoft Points to purchase another one? I ask because I've got a bunch of MP already and I'd rather not spend cash.

Thanks op![/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can buy an online pass if it is already used up. I think it costs 800 MSP.

ALL games w/online passes that aren't published by WB or Sony (GS has deals with those publishers) are always $47.99 used when the game retails for $60 new. That's so if someone buys the used copy w/ or without the online pass it's "cheaper" than buying the game new.

Of course depending on your area, if the pass is still in the case you're chance varies that the pass was used or not by the previous owner.

If anyone needs a code for MP i have 1 for each system i will let go for $3 each Paypal. just trying to help out this Website community as much as it has me!

Kinda surprised you guys all think this is a great deal, this was the pre-order price newegg had for it and they still have it for $49.99 until the 12th with promo code EMCNGND89. With no tax to most states it would actually be cheaper than getting a used copy at Gamestop. Just sayin'...

[quote name='roymustang']Kinda surprised you guys all think this is a great deal, this was the pre-order price newegg had for it and they still have it for $49.99 until the 12th with promo code EMCNGND89. With no tax to most states it would actually be cheaper than getting a used copy at Gamestop. Just sayin'...[/QUOTE]

Yeah would be an awesome deal but FU California since newegg charges tax I will resort to amazon until the end of the year until they jump ship and join too.

[quote name='roymustang']Kinda surprised you guys all think this is a great deal, this was the pre-order price newegg had for it and they still have it for $49.99 until the 12th with promo code EMCNGND89. With no tax to most states it would actually be cheaper than getting a used copy at Gamestop. Just sayin'...[/QUOTE]
Alot of us have credit at gamestop, especially after the past couple days

[quote name='MSUHitman']ALL games w/online passes that aren't published by WB or Sony (GS has deals with those publishers) are always $47.99 used when the game retails for $60 new. That's so if someone buys the used copy w/ or without the online pass it's "cheaper" than buying the game new.

Of course depending on your area, if the pass is still in the case you're chance varies that the pass was used or not by the previous owner.[/QUOTE]

That's the first I've heard of this happening, but I will definitely be looking out for that now. I know when games first started doing the online-pass thing, GS was still selling the used games for only $5 less than new games, so you were actually out some money if you got that & needed/wanted the $10 online-code.

Like others have said, I too paid for the game outright with trade-in credit :D

Just the same, I thought it was insane that there were already stores with used copies of ME3 a DAY after it came out. I guess the previous owner of my copy either got it as a gift, or just hated it so much lol.

My local GS even hooked me up with the pre-order armor/guns code, but I'm a regular there so they know me. That said, it couldn't hurt to ask if they could hook you up with the same code, hopefully you'll get a bro behind the counter.

ARGH!!! I'm so sick of this face importer glitch not being fixed yet. I haven't even been able to start the campaign.

I'm not into this game or even Gamestop but don't you also get 10% off if you are a PUR member? so this will bring it down to about 43?

[quote name='jessesixto']I'm not into this game or even Gamestop but don't you also get 10% off if you are a PUR member? so this will bring it down to about 43?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you are a PUR member you will get the additional 10% off.

Also, OP edited to reflect the info in MSUHitman's post.

Just to be clear, if you're planning to get the online pass it's not worth getting it used at this price... Plus it's only "supporting" EA in doing the whole online pass thing to begin with since you're then buying it. If you want 5 or so bucks off (which is all it'll be after you buy the pass) just wait a couple weeks for it to go on sale.

[quote name='JKSonic']Just to be clear, if you're planning to get the online pass it's not worth getting it used at this price... Plus it's only "supporting" EA in doing the whole online pass thing to begin with since you're then buying it. If you want 5 or so bucks off (which is all it'll be after you buy the pass) just wait a couple weeks for it to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Just edited the OP again to make that a bit more clear.

You make a good point, I justfigure there are a fair amount of Mass Effect fans that don't care about the multiplayer (although the MP demo was pretty interesting). And after the PUR discount this comes out to be ~$43, not a bad discount for release week IMO.

Now personally, I don't think the Online-pass holds a candle to the Cerberus Network pass that was ME2's "buy this new incentive". That's just my opinion tho ;)

For those people who have no interest in the MP and want to achieve the best ending strictly through single player, this is the way to go. Also, be sure to buy the From Ashes DLC as the character and storyline provides a unique view of the Mass Effect Universe.

I've been playing this game non stop since Tuesday morning and have some general tips that will make your gaming experience better. Ths won't contain any spoilers:

1) Be sure to reset all your skills using your personal cabin in Mass Effect 2 before transferring your character over. The game may assume that you wanted one skill choice in the 4th tier when you actually would prefer the other one. In my case, I wanted the extra 8% reputation bonus but I was locked in to the increase to power damage choice.

2) If you've bought the DLC, be sure to do the side mission listed in your quest log before activating the final cutscene. I got this side quest and achievement sticking out at me now that I can never complete unless I start a new game.

[quote name='Bosamba']
2) If you've bought the DLC, be sure to do the side mission listed in your quest log before activating the final cutscene. I got this side quest and achievement sticking out at me now that I can never complete unless I start a new game.[/QUOTE]

Is this side mission in ME2 or ME3? I didn't do some of the ME2 DLC until after completing the suicide mission but am hoping my actions in them will still count in ME3.

Thanks.

Sorry, should have clarified a bit more. If you've bought the "From Ashes" DLC for Mass Effect 3, be sure to do the side mission/achievement before activating the final cutscene. This will affect your war readiness and will not be able to be completed once the main DLC mission is done. If you don't mind reading spoilers, google the achievement name and you'll get a step-by-step plan on how to proceed.

You make a good point, I justfigure there are a fair amount of Mass Effect fans that don't care about the multiplayer (although the MP demo was pretty interesting). And after the PUR discount this comes out to be ~$43, not a bad discount for release week IMO.

Now personally, I don't think the Online-pass holds a candle to the Cerberus Network pass that was ME2's "buy this new incentive". That's just my opinion tho ;)

Yeah, no for the people who do not want MP at all/aren't connected to the internet then it's a good a deal.

And I agree, the Cerberus Network was better...gave away too much free stuff with that though!

bread's done
Back