Futureshop: Preorder Kid Icarus 3DS, Get $15 Credit

CoachHines

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Kid Icarus is $40 and the $15 credit is good for any game over $19.99 for 30 days after purchase. Kid Icarus also looks like a must have 3DS title with its crazy over the top gameplay.

You can also preorder/purchase any of these games to get the $15 credit but they are $60:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13
Armored Core V
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
Ninja Gaiden 3
Prototype 2

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=26262fc599771c04aa7796af56414497en02

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad this thing expires in 30 days, it's a lot more attractive than those RZ things from BB. I might consider it, but I'm still on the fence about a game that comes with a stand for a handheld.

so I've just played the game last week. Nintendo rep was at BestBuy up in Vaughn when I was getting Metal Gear Trilogy ($40 PM'd to GS's $20)

The game is everything i feared and hated about the circle pad. That game will be unplayable for us lefties so yeah I sadly won't be playing it. I can't use the circle pad, stylus and then shoot with my left hand.

[quote name='Mr.']Too bad this thing expires in 30 days, it's a lot more attractive than those RZ things from BB. I might consider it, but I'm still on the fence about a game that comes with a stand for a handheld.[/QUOTE]

Then don't use the stand and enjoy it for all its Nintendo derived goodness ?

[quote name='Mr.']Too bad this thing expires in 30 days, it's a lot more attractive than those RZ things from BB. I might consider it, but I'm still on the fence about a game that comes with a stand for a handheld.[/QUOTE]

I spoke with a CSR today who said that the $15 credit can be used starting on April 1 whereas the website says upon purchase. I guess we'll see what the receipt says when we go to pick up the game.

I read a preview on Kotaku earlier that said the stand doesn't necessarily make it more comfortable. I'm thinking it'll be another one of those pick up n play games that are fun/comfortable in short bursts.

It says on the website the credit is valid 30 days from the day of purchase or full payment (pre-order). So for Kid Icarus if you buy it next week on the 26th, if the pre-order was made by the cut off date of March 22 then you have applied for the credit. The credit does not become available for usage until 30 days after purchase; so April 27 is the start date of the $15 credit. If Kid Icarus is returned before the 30 days after the purchase date, you will lose the $15 credit.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Just a reminder for those of you planning to get this game, get a 3-card set of Kid Icarus AR cards from Nintendo.com for free

http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/explore-the-game/arcards.html#giveaway[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for posting the link, I didn't even know about that!

I've switched my preorder of this game from Amazon.ca to BestBuy to EB Games, I don't think I'm going to switch again to FS. :drool: I'd rather get the AR cards EB's offering instead of $15 credit from FS that I might never use.

[quote name='Wolfkin']so I've just played the game last week. Nintendo rep was at BestBuy up in Vaughn when I was getting Metal Gear Trilogy ($40 PM'd to GS's $20)[/QUOTE] Wait, what is this?! Like the PS2 collection or the HD Collection?

[quote name='Mr.']Wait, what is this?! Like the PS2 collection or the HD Collection?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he means the HD collection. It's $39.99 most places.

[quote name='CoachHines']

I read a preview on Kotaku earlier that said the stand doesn't necessarily make it more comfortable. I'm thinking it'll be another one of those pick up n play games that are fun/comfortable in short bursts.[/QUOTE]
The stand doesn't necessarily make it more comfortable but more like taking the weight of the entire system off of your left hand. You can use the edge of a table to get the same effect, but it won't be slanted towards you. The weight will obviously be worse if you're holding it in your right with the added weight of the frankenstick.

And yes, this pretty much makes the game a short bursts play unless you can get used to handcramps.

And it looks like i'll be preordering KI Uprising now...

Don't bother guys, the game is really horrible. The flying sections are absolutely amazing, unfortunately the other 90% of the game is near-broken ground combat with glitchy controls, and a homicidal camera.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']I'm guessing he means the HD collection. It's $39.99 most places.[/QUOTE]

And it's also $40 at GameStop. Where can I get it for $20? I've been waiting for that price in order to double/triple-dip.

Probably going to fall on deaf ears (Nintendo's obv), but here's hoping we get the Kid Icarus 3d preorder bonus code as well...

I was on the fence about this, thinking that I could use the $15 for Witcher 2. Now I see that Witcher 2 has a pre-order get $10 gaming credit. So I'm thinking go in preorder Witcher, get my 10$ go back, buy Kid Icarus get my 15$ off on the Witcher when it comes out.

[quote name='Nukkus']So, you guys don't care that the game is pretty much falsely advertised crud?[/QUOTE]

No one cares about your opinion. Keep them to yourself. Does it hurt you that much that other people may enjoy this game? The funny part is, you gave your opinion for a game that hasn't even been released yet... Good stuff....

There are far more positive reviews of the game than negative. These are also just opinions of course, but the general consensus is that the game is worthwhile despite some fiddly controls.

[quote name='Nukkus']So, you guys don't care that the game is pretty much falsely advertised crud?[/QUOTE]

How is it false-advertisement? Nintendo did a decent job of announcing that all copies of this game comes with a stand, just in case people decide to sue Nintendo for breaking their wrist.

How is KI any different from ... just about every other game when it comes to being 'falsely advertised crud'? In fact, I'll even bump it up on my 'to do' list just to check it out sooner rather than later.
1075479-well_that_s_just_like_your_opinion_man_super.jpg

[quote name='wing00']No one cares about your opinion. Keep them to yourself. Does it hurt you that much that other people may enjoy this game? The funny part is, you gave your opinion for a game that hasn't even been released yet... Good stuff....[/QUOTE]

Oh right, so suddenly review copies don't exist. Anyway, buy the game, get butthurt. I tried to warn you guys. And it's funny, you guys are viciously defending a game that you yourself haven't played yet, and are judging based on hype.

[quote name='Nukkus']Oh right, so suddenly review copies don't exist. Anyway, buy the game, get butthurt. I tried to warn you guys. And it's funny, you guys are viciously defending a game that you yourself haven't played yet, and are judging based on hype.[/QUOTE]

It's not so much that people are defending the game as it is people are irritated at how hard your trying to stop people from trying it themselves. You're allowed to have an opinion, and I disagree with the sentiment of "keep it to yourself", but I think it maybe would have went over better had you shared what you thought WITHOUT expressly telling people not to play it themselves, or judging people that want to play it despite your opinion.

One thing I've learned in life is it's next to impossible to be honest & realistic about most things without offeneding certain people.

That said the controls truly are god awful. I shouldn't have to sruggle with controls this bad in the year 2012. It's like the game was designed as a dual analouge shooter - only one problem.

Speaking of which anyone tried the circle pad pro? Does it make the game playable? Actually considering getting one if that's the case.

[quote name='Zornag']This game is not compatible with the circle pad.[/QUOTE]

You should probably clarify. There is no dual analog support, but the Circle Pad Pro does in fact work, and is probably a must have for lefties to use the right slide pad with their right hand and touch screen with their left hand.

Says so on the back of the box......can't find anything useful on google with details of how the circle pad pro works with Kid Icarus Uprising.

If it makes it dual analogue that's cool, but I think it may just be for left handed folks ( which would be useless for me).

I know Nintendo has a long history of releasing add ons and not supporting them....but I think the circle pad pro may be the least supported to date ( which is quite the accomplishment ).

[quote name='EvilMario']You should probably clarify. There is no dual analog support, but the Circle Pad Pro does in fact work, and is probably a must have for lefties to use the right slide pad with their right hand and touch screen with their left hand.[/QUOTE]

Thanks thats what I wanted to know.

[quote name='True Kronic']I know Nintendo has a long history of releasing add ons and not supporting them....but I think the circle pad pro may be the least supported to date ( which is quite the accomplishment ).[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? What about:

31%2BwSxSQeqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41qrQbp3hqL.jpg

51yWxqsOH9L.jpg

51SP-hNVztL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

21MsCHBAWDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51RVQ86Y6GL.jpg

;)

(The sad thing is how many of these I had...)

I love me them bongo's, 4 player donkey konga? HECK YEAH!

And people did use the broadband adapter..........................for pirating GCN games.

Back on topic: First day pickup for me, though I need to get around to picking up a 3DS so I can play all these games sitting around.

What's odd is that Nintendo has been successful with their peripherals, yet they don't follow through. The balance board with Wii Fit is actually pretty neat and sold over 20 million. Sure, they have Wii Fit+, but that was more of an add-on. There have been like maybe a handful of other games that had some balance board support, but I'm surprised that Nintendo didn't capitalize on this thing. Motion+ had all that hype, yet only a few games requires it.

[quote name='poiuiu']How is KI any different from ... [/QUOTE]

For a second there, I thought you meant Killer Instinct. And it looks like you don't have to pre-order Uprising for the $15 credit since it's also in this week's FS flyer.

My main problem wasn't the atrocious controls, but the fact that nintendo hyped up the flight parts which make up only 10% of the actual game. The rest is the combat with the horrible controls.

Seems to me like the on foot sections are longer than the air sections. Plus the multiplayer is on foot only.

I don't know... only played the first few stages and the game seems good enough to learn the awkward controls. Seems a lot the time Japanese developers make weird control schemes or dumb choices just for the hell of it.

bread's done
Back