Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured I'd create a thread in the movie section for Sony's Reward system. Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively. Registration is completely free.

Now the best part about this is the codes are multi-use. So anyone who buys a Sony pictures studio movie can pass along their code in this thread. I've made it a Wiki thread so you can easily add your code to the list. Please post in the thread which code you've added as well, thanks.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/

Here's the current list of eligible movies and some points to get things rolling:

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community Season 3 (DVD) - K6EBUP7C
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-Ray) - TX58L9CK **Added August 1st**
Evil Dead (DVD)
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray) -F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (DVD) - X862S38Y
Here Comes the Boom (Blu-ray) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) - 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D Blu-Ray) - RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-Ray) -RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) - 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards: Season One (Blu-Ray)
House of Cards: Season One (DVD)
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) - XPXQT87A
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (DVD) N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) -3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) - UEDXHUCF **Added August 16th**
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD)
Parker (Blu-Ray) - 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) - LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
The Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) - K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) - CRDC8VJ8
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) -- C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 4-Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-Ray)
- 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD)
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) - BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3-discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-Ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7x7262J8
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) - UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

Notes:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 day period with a maximum of 3 disk registrations per day
Red = Titles that are either not released yet, or no code has been posted for it

===========================================================================

So that's 945 points so far (1465 for cardholders). Feel free to post any for other movies listed there! Eventually we can earn enough to get some movies and other rewards from their site \\ :D/

Also I do realize there is a Sony Reward thread in the PS3 section, but it's a bit of a mess with movie codes posted here and there. I figured since this is a movie section it's best to have them all neatly organized in a centralized section.

(credit to the folks at Blu-ray.com for some of these codes)
============================================================================
Other ways to earn points

Get up to 250 points for playing the Elysium game. You don't actually have to play, just hit the Share link found on the page (under the game window) login to get 50 points, share on fb for another 200:

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/

Get Up to 250 Points by playing the White House Down game. 50 Points for playing, another 200 for sharing on FB: http://www.whitehousedown.com/game/enterthesecretservice/?sr=1
Wheel of Fortune Game for 10 pts:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

Answers for Wheel of Fortune are posted here daily right at the top of the page:
http://www.wheeloffortunesolutions.com/bonuspuzzle.html

yayawoo said:
Free 250 Sony Rewards Points by Playing This Is The End Game and Sharing on FB You will be asked to download the Unity Web Player.

1) Login to your Sony Reward account sonyrewards.com
2) Go to the Ways to Earn page: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities/
3) Click on the "This is the End - in Theaters June 12"
4) Download the Unity Web Player when asked
5) Play the game to get 50 points
6) Share on the FB to get 200 points

Last edited by a moderator:
The stuff at the rewards site are a bit high so I'm glad the codes are multi-use. Each point = 0.01 in their store, so essentially this is like getting $4.20 for free (so far). Plus another good thing about their reward site is you can buy additional points if you don't have enough (again at 0.01 a point).

Blu-rays seem to start around 1,999 pts, and DVD's for 999 points. They also have Playstation games/systems, giftcards and other rewards as well.

From sony? or something else? Sony's reward system has evolved. They used to have way more opportunities to get points, mostly from playing their Jeaopardy games. I was racking up about $15 every month until they killed it all.

lol i posted some codes in that blu ray forum! Glad you made this thread to help out the rest of us CAGs! I will post any others I find in here as well

[quote name='Grammar Police']The codes are on inserts or what? I work part-time at a trade-in place as well, so I'll see if I can find whatever else is needed and pull them for here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are inserts.

I don't have any of the movies we don't have codes for or else I would help with the list.

Whoa nice - thanks for this! I stopped doing Sony Rewards a while back cause I was tired of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Lets see how many points I get from the above...

We could make a note of the date each code was added so people who are starting today fresh would then be able to continue with all the codes available since the last time they came to this thread. Or just indicate which ones have been updated here. Maybe even link to the Br forum thread? I hope a bunch more codes are found soon. I had 131 and so now have 771.

Here is the other thread forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195446
Added these two from that site
The Guns of Navarone Blu-ray: GA4F3CC6

Midnight in Paris Blu-ray: 3N5Y9HV8

And here is the CAG original cluttered thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210332

Why is it taking so long to get a confirmation email?

The email is inputted correctly and I keep clicking *send new email* but still nothing.

EDIT: Hah, must have been waiting for me to post on here. Just popped up.

I realized I had Moneyball on DVD when it was $5 at Best Buy, so here is the code for that

3GPWGQHQ (a CAG exclusive for now since I'm not a member of those other sites!)

Great idea on making this thread ssj, it definitely makes it much easier than trying to find any codes through another, non-dedicated, thread.

Also, thanks to Arakias for posting those codes!

Cheers! :bouncy:

Thanks Arakias! I've added the links you mentioned. I like the idea of indicating what's been added recently. I added the moneyball code and put a date next to it too. That way someone who entered all the codes before should be able to find out which codes have been added to the list since they last checked.

Thanks for compiling up this list. The points I got threw me 2 points over 5000 so I could get a $50 PSN code in time for the spend 5000 points get 5000 points.

Updated with:

Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB

I've seen brand new Dragon Tattoos opened and neither comes with the slip. I've seen roughly 7 or so DVD versions opened out of the plastic and probably 4 Blu-ray versions.

Updated your list with this:

The Rum Diary (blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU

Thanks for doing this- good idea! Kinda sucks how many points you need for stuff though :(

[quote name='Grammar Police']I've seen brand new Dragon Tattoos opened and neither comes with the slip. I've seen roughly 7 or so DVD versions opened out of the plastic and probably 4 Blu-ray versions.[/QUOTE]
I bought the Girl with Dragon Tattoo Bluray/dvd/dc and there was no insert for the sony rewards code, so thanks to the OP for the listing.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Holy shit Sony gave me 2,500 points labeled as "Customer Appreciation 2012". Anyone else get this?[/QUOTE]

I got 1,000 for customer appreciation 2012. I just spent 5,000 points on a $50 sony gift card and it knocked me down to 17 points. Now I'm already back up to around 1600.

Hmm, maybe they gave more to cardholders then? Either way this is great. I know last year, or perhaps the year before they gave 500 bonus appreciation points a few months in a row.

I'm at 4,166 now, so if I redeem 5,000 right now on something I think I'll qualify for a bonus 5,000 points (cardholder exclusive). Sweeet. That offer ends 3/31 so I better do it now

Okay I now have 0 points in my account. I bought MLB 12: The Show (PS3) with my 4,166 points plus $23 out of pocket to make up the difference (stupid taxes too!). If all goes well I'll get back a bonus 5,000 points in my account :D

Thank you ssjmichael for starting this thread. :applause:

Card owner since 2009 and also scored 2,500 points for Customer Appreciation 2012.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Hmm, maybe they gave more to cardholders then? Either way this is great. I know last year, or perhaps the year before they gave 500 bonus appreciation points a few months in a row.

I'm at 4,166 now, so if I redeem 5,000 right now on something I think I'll qualify for a bonus 5,000 points (cardholder exclusive). Sweeet. That offer ends 3/31 so I better do it now[/QUOTE]

I'm a cardholder and "only" got 1,000 points.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Hmm, maybe they gave more to cardholders then? Either way this is great. I know last year, or perhaps the year before they gave 500 bonus appreciation points a few months in a row.

I'm at 4,166 now, so if I redeem 5,000 right now on something I think I'll qualify for a bonus 5,000 points (cardholder exclusive). Sweeet. That offer ends 3/31 so I better do it now[/QUOTE]

I'm a cardholder too. Maybe it has to do with how many movies you registered or how much you've spent on the card in the last year.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Didn't you just sign up? lol[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes I did. Maybe it's just for established accounts?

Big thanks to all who posted codes btw. :applause:

I'm a cardholder and didnt get any bonus points. Hadnt used my card since 2008/9 (never since its become Capitol One) and only just started using the Rewards thing again because of the discs this week.

I'm not a cardholder, and I got 1000 points =D. I registered a bunch of discs way back when. I also redeemed for Dogma some time last year.

thanks for this post! after the changes last year to the sony rewards program, i quit using my sony credit card (and quit checking the PS3 section post). this post gave me enough points to apply for one last purchase credit (girl with dragon tattoo blu ray) to use up my remaining points.

-- Garrett

thanks for that thread. Obviously disappointed in the change that occured the last few months with Sony rewards... oh well I take free stuff still! :)

[quote name='bizman316']Here is one more to add!

Attack the block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ[/QUOTE]
added to the OP, thanks bizman

bread's done
Back