Playstation Move on sale at Wal-Mart.

noob question.... i didnt care much about the move stuff... but do we need to buy BOTH the MOVE & NAVIGATION CONTROLLERS?.....

[quote name='rana09']noob question.... i didnt care much about the move stuff... but do we need to buy BOTH the MOVE & NAVIGATION CONTROLLERS?.....[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but what I was told is that a regular ps3 controller in place of a nav controller.

well looks like you beat me to it... but here was my post

PS Move Nav Controller
FutureShop $19.99
PM at BestBuy $29.99

PS Move Motion Controller
Futureshop $29.99
PM at BestBuy $49.99

PS Move Sharp Shooter
FutureShop $19.99
PM at BestBuy $39.99

[quote name='rana09']noob question.... i didnt care much about the move stuff... but do we need to buy BOTH the MOVE & NAVIGATION CONTROLLERS?.....[/QUOTE]
you don't need them and if you want to save the money don't buy them. The Nav controller is essentially the left side of your DS3. It's a D-Pad, Left stick, and it has an X and O button for yes and no. That's it's (no start/select, triangle, square or R1/R2 buttons). It's just for navigating. You can use a dualShock with just as much comfort for the most part since youll have an X and O on the move controller anyway.

It's sometimes a pain in the neck to use the Move controller to work thru menus. You can do it, but the DS3/Nav controller is easier.

I've been playing with the move for a while now and it's pretty amazing. If it wasn't for the fact that i already have them, i would so jump on this deal.

[quote name='Hinoshiko']I've been playing with the move for a while now and it's pretty amazing. If it wasn't for the fact that i already have them, i would so jump on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but what good games are even out for it. I don't believe it makes it the gaming experience infinitely better.

the dancing games are fun. I was reading a review of.. i think Just Dance by Colin M. over at IGN and his point was that the game doesn't read your body it only reads the controller so it sucks because you can cheat. I think of it the other way. The game does read your moves when you dance correctly and that's all that matters. Just because you'll never be on the leaderboards (if there are even any) doesn't mean you can't have fun doing it by yourself and based on the demo that much works.

I would stay away from the early stuff like Ape Escape. TV Superstars is so cheap ($5 in many BestBuys) that I consider it worth it based on the videos (haven't opened it yet myself)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agwTRdfsoB0

Does move enhance any games. For me not really (b ut I haven't tried any of the shooting games yet) but the move-centric games are a nice diversion (unfortunately I can't think of anything that isn't dance or exercise or a WiiPort but HotD is great). overall if the deal is cheap enough to you to get it.. it can pay to be an "early adopter" here.
Given that we're still waiting for the "killer apps" I consider this still the early adopter stage

Wait, is the wand $20 at Walmart or is it $30 like FS? $20 would be pretty good since you can get PSEye for $10 at some places.

[quote name='Wolfkin']the dancing games are fun. I was reading a review of.. i think Just Dance by Colin M. over at IGN and his point was that the game doesn't read your body it only reads the controller so it sucks because you can cheat. I think of it the other way. The game does read your moves when you dance correctly and that's all that matters. Just because you'll never be on the leaderboards (if there are even any) doesn't mean you can't have fun doing it by yourself and based on the demo that much works.

I would stay away from the early stuff like Ape Escape. TV Superstars is so cheap ($5 in many BestBuys) that I consider it worth it based on the videos (haven't opened it yet myself)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agwTRdfsoB0

Does move enhance any games. For me not really (b ut I haven't tried any of the shooting games yet) but the move-centric games are a nice diversion (unfortunately I can't think of anything that isn't dance or exercise or a WiiPort but HotD is great). overall if the deal is cheap enough to you to get it.. it can pay to be an "early adopter" here.
Given that we're still waiting for the "killer apps" I consider this still the early adopter stage
[/QUOTE]

If you look at the comparitive amount of
games for Kinect to the PS Move, it doesn't bode well for Move. It wouldn't be the first peripherial that didn't maintain support in the long run. It's unfortunate because I feel like Move has better potential than Kinect, as it seems the tracking would work a bit better with the light balls, but that seems to be the way it's going.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']If you look at the comparitive amount of
games for Kinect to the PS Move, it doesn't bode well for Move. It wouldn't be the first peripherial that didn't maintain support in the long run. It's unfortunate because I feel like Move has better potential than Kinect, as it seems the tracking would work a bit better with the light balls, but that seems to be the way it's going.[/QUOTE]

I think Motion Control in general sucks. At least with the way software has taken advantage of it.

[quote name='AftComet']Yeah but what good games are even out for it. I don't believe it makes it the gaming experience infinitely better.[/QUOTE]
Of course it's not infinitely better; don't be absurd! Still, there's some sweet games that use it. Sports champions is tons of fun and LittleBigPlanet 2 move content is awesome. Plus plenty of smaller psn titles use it well. Tumble is freaking excellent for example. Id jump on this deal if I were you.

[quote name='Mr.']Wait, is the wand $20 at Walmart or is it $30 like FS? $20 would be pretty good since you can get PSEye for $10 at some places.[/QUOTE]
$10? where were you when I was looking for an Eye?

Trust the prices in the thread... the website is odd. Try putting in your Postal Code if the price are still high on WalMart

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']If you look at the comparative amount of
games for Kinect to the PS Move, it doesn't bode well for Move. It wouldn't be the first peripheral that didn't maintain support in the long run. It's unfortunate because I feel like Move has better potential than Kinect, as it seems the tracking would work a bit better with the light balls, but that seems to be the way it's going.[/QUOTE]
I wholeheartedly agree. In terms of actual gaming I think Move is a MUCH better product than Kinect. Without buttons you're really just flailing and there's a very shallow pool of games in which that can work.. like dance games. In terms of actual gaming content out there on the market.. I honestly still think Move is about on par with Kinect.

Why Kinect is winning is because of it's non-gaming usages. Kinect as a gaming device is (mostly IMO) lame but the voice recognition and "external processor" are what is keeping it afloat and that might very well be what Kinect becomes.

[quote name='VetraX']I'm just interested in the camera, the PS3 Eye.[/QUOTE]
So was I .. i just went with the LBP2 bundle PMd.. LBP2 is fun. $60 at Futureshop ($40 at WM)
f3uo9y.png
. Right now their website the bundle listed for $90 ($70 at WalMart)
149pdhl.png
That's $30 for a Camera, Move, and Nav. Even if you never use the move beyond demos it's not a bad proposition.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back