Zen Pinball 2 - The Pinball Platform on PS4/PS3/Vita - Out Now - Free & Compatible w/ZP1/MP/SWP DLC

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Just got the email for this, which essentially gives the Zen/Marvel Pinball games a unified platform like Pinball FX2 with cross purchase compatibility with the Vita version:

Zen Studios, the definitive leader in videogame pinball, today announced Zen Pinball 2 for the PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system via PlayStation®Network.

Set to release spring of 2012, Zen Pinball 2 features an abundance of exciting new features and updates, making it the premiere pinball platform on any digital distribution network. Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners, while new users can download the pinball platform and try every pinball table for free. All told, Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six pinball tables!

Additionally, players will enjoy cross-platform entitlement and any Zen Pinball 2 purchase will entitle players to both the PS3 and PS®Vita versions at no additional charge. Zen Pinball 2 will release in conjunction with Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles, a new four-table pack featuring tables based on ‘Marvel’s The Avengers’ Movie, ‘World War Hulk,’ ‘Fear Itself,’ and ‘The Infinity Gauntlet.’

Please visit the Zen Studios press site to download the Zen Pinball 2 announcement trailer http://zenpinball.com/press.html

“We are so excited about the future of videogame pinball, and Zen Pinball 2 is the most advanced pinball platform available on any digital network. We are happy to upgrade physics, provide new trophies and introduce compelling new social features and more to all of our existing players at no charge,” said Mel Kirk, Zen Studios Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations. “We have really focused on keeping the community intact, offering compelling new features and connecting the cross-platform experience between the PlayStation®3 and the PlayStation®Vita.”

When Zen Pinball 2 releases, existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners will simply download an update and their content will automatically import into the new Zen Pinball 2 platform. Each table will receive updated physics, new trophies and integration into a new social system that includes the option to post scores to Facebook.

Zen Pinball 2 list of features:

• PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
  • The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
  • Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore™
  • Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
  • Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
  • Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
  • New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
  • Share your scores on Facebook
  • New rule sheets to help you achieve higher scores
  • New trophies for each table
Zen Pinball 2 will be a free download for any PlayStatation®Network user on the PlayStation®3 system and the PlayStation®Vita system, and will ship with a robust trial system allowing the player to sample each table in the game.
http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=4158

Zen Studios has posted an FAQ on their forums:

1. How do I get the free Zen Pinball 2 upgrade?

Simply download Zen Pinball 2 from the PlayStation Store when it releases, and all of your Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball tables will be unlocked within Zen Pinball 2.

2. I’m AMAZING at Zen Pinball! What about my trophies and scores? What happens to them?

All of your old Zen Pinball scores and trophies will remain intact. However, they will not carry over to the new platform.

3. What will happen to Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball? Where will all my tables go?

Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball will remain on your PS3 as is. All of your Zen Pinball and Marvel tables will also show up in Zen Pinball 2 under one roof and totally updated. All tables will also be available on the PS Vita as well! You only have to purchase them once and you get them on PS3 and Vita.

4. Do I have to post scores to Facebook?

You don’t have to if you don’t want to. This feature is optional.

5. Can I play it on the Vita with the screen held vertically in portrait mode?

Yes! That is one of the best parts of playing on the Vita! Go for it!

6. Can I remap the controls?

Yes! You can map the flippers to directional buttons (left flipper) and circle button (right flipper). You can also control the flipper from the front or rear touch panels as well. The default control for the flippers is the two shoulder buttons.

7. Can I play my own music while I play Zen Pinball 2?

Yes!

8. I am a PS+ subscriber and I have bought tables through PS+, will I lose those tables?

Of course not! All tables will transfer over to the new platform with updated physics.

9. Wait!! I haven’t bought all the tables from Zen Pinball yet! Can I still do that on ZP2?

Yes! Please do!

10. I don’t have Zen Pinball, just Marvel Pinball. How does Zen Pinball 2 affect me?

You still get the upgrade for free! ZP2 is bringing all the Marvel Tables and Zen Pinball tables together with playable demos for each table, so if you do not yet have any tables from Zen Studios, it’s time to check them out!

11. Should I delete Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball after I update to ZP2?

That’s up to you. You don’t need to. If you’d like to keep your old scores and trophies, don’t delete them.

12. I would love to show my friends how awesome I am at pinball. What about multiplayer?

There will be local split screen multiplayer available on ZP2 for the PS3, and online multiplayer that allow you to set parameters for a game such as what score to play to and ball loss penalties.

13. WHEN does Zen Pinball 2 release?

We are hoping to have Zen Pinball 2 out in May!

14. I live in Europe! When do I get to play?

Zen Pinball 2 will release in Europe and North America during the same week.

15. Are there any new tables coming to Zen Pinball 2?

Yes! Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles will release with Zen Pinball 2. This new four table pack includes World War Hulk, Fear Itself, The Infinity Gauntlet, and Marvel’s The Avengers, based on the new movie from Marvel Entertainment.

16. Will there be DLC for Zen Pinball 2?

Of course! We will be supporting Zen Pinball 2 with regular DLC updates!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ming-spring-2012-for-playstation-and-ps-vita/

The PS Blog post is up now that offers a new trailer and screenshots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lId90qSGkxs

7061045785_d95d0ebd04_z.jpg

7061046337_309f34f07d_z.jpg

It'll be out when Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles is out in the near future. The Blog post seems to suggest that a Plants vs Zombies or Peggle table is in the works.

I'd love a Peggie table! I was never a fan of any pinball games but zen pinball and their marvel pinball definitely stimulated my interest.

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=4158

Zen Studios has posted an FAQ on their forums:
1. How do I get the free Zen Pinball 2 upgrade?

Simply download Zen Pinball 2 from the PlayStation Store when it releases, and all of your Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball tables will be unlocked within Zen Pinball 2.

2. I’m AMAZING at Zen Pinball! What about my trophies and scores? What happens to them?

All of your old Zen Pinball scores and trophies will remain intact. However, they will not carry over to the new platform.

3. What will happen to Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball? Where will all my tables go?

Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball will remain on your PS3 as is. All of your Zen Pinball and Marvel tables will also show up in Zen Pinball 2 under one roof and totally updated. All tables will also be available on the PS Vita as well! You only have to purchase them once and you get them on PS3 and Vita.

4. Do I have to post scores to Facebook?

You don’t have to if you don’t want to. This feature is optional.

5. Can I play it on the Vita with the screen held vertically in portrait mode?

Yes! That is one of the best parts of playing on the Vita! Go for it!

6. Can I remap the controls?

Yes! You can map the flippers to directional buttons (left flipper) and circle button (right flipper). You can also control the flipper from the front or rear touch panels as well. The default control for the flippers is the two shoulder buttons.

7. Can I play my own music while I play Zen Pinball 2?

Yes!

8. I am a PS+ subscriber and I have bought tables through PS+, will I lose those tables?

Of course not! All tables will transfer over to the new platform with updated physics.

9. Wait!! I haven’t bought all the tables from Zen Pinball yet! Can I still do that on ZP2?

Yes! Please do!

10. I don’t have Zen Pinball, just Marvel Pinball. How does Zen Pinball 2 affect me?

You still get the upgrade for free! ZP2 is bringing all the Marvel Tables and Zen Pinball tables together with playable demos for each table, so if you do not yet have any tables from Zen Studios, it’s time to check them out!

11. Should I delete Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball after I update to ZP2?

That’s up to you. You don’t need to. If you’d like to keep your old scores and trophies, don’t delete them.

12. I would love to show my friends how awesome I am at pinball. What about multiplayer?

There will be local split screen multiplayer available on ZP2 for the PS3, and online multiplayer that allow you to set parameters for a game such as what score to play to and ball loss penalties.

13. WHEN does Zen Pinball 2 release?

We are hoping to have Zen Pinball 2 out in May!

14. I live in Europe! When do I get to play?

Zen Pinball 2 will release in Europe and North America during the same week.

15. Are there any new tables coming to Zen Pinball 2?

Yes! Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles will release with Zen Pinball 2. This new four table pack includes World War Hulk, Fear Itself, The Infinity Gauntlet, and Marvel’s The Avengers, based on the new movie from Marvel Entertainment.

16. Will there be DLC for Zen Pinball 2?

Of course! We will be supporting Zen Pinball 2 with regular DLC updates!

This sounds cool as i lost marvel pinball due to not resubscribing to plus yet and i bought the captain america and fantastic 4 tables when they were on sale. I think i have all the zen tables except earth attack and excaliber.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/04/five-cool-things-about-marvels-the-avengers-pinball/
6994998750_1c35cd6383_z.jpg

It’s a truly historic day here at the House of Ideas, as Marvel’s The Avengers is finally making its way to American theaters. I’ve seen it. It’s awesome. I’m pretty sure you’ll agree with me soon. (Maybe you already do.)

As Interactive Manager at Marvel, it’s been my pleasure to work with Zen Studios on the video-pinball adaptation of the film, which, as one of four great tables in Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles, should be headed your way in just a few weeks. It looks a little something like this…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZbyHf9ZmHA

Cool trailer, I know, but you can see it pretty much anywhere. When Sid Shuman and Jeff Rubenstein – who preside over the PlayStation Blog with legendary Thanos-ian tyranny – demanded I present “a li’l somethin’ extra for our minions,” who was I to say no? So, here you have it, my fellow peons – five cool things about “Marvel’s The Avengers” pinball…

6994999032_7f58c1aa62_z.jpg

5) Zen Pinball 2!
“Marvel’s The Avengers” and the other three tables within the Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles four-pack help to usher in Zen’s new PlayStation pinball platform on the same launch date (best I can give you now: “soon”). You can read all the details here, but the basics you need to know are 1) it houses all past Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball titles under one virtual roof, 2) it does more stuff than those other two titles, and 3) you can switch between playing on PS3 and Vita at no extra charge. Excelsior, indeed.

7141089673_c94208118c_z.jpg

4) Real Movie Assets
See that Quinjet? And those 3D character models? Oh, and those S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors with all sorts of high-tech-looking pictures of countries and stuff (you may have gotten a better look at Comic-Con)? They’re all taken directly from digital assets used in the film. So, that is the Quinjet. Those are Iron Man and Hulk. Those are the same S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors with all sorts of high-tech-looking pictures of countries and stuff.

7141089761_c09cd9a9fd_z.jpg

3) You’re Not Just a Ball – You’re a Character…in the Form of a Ball
In terms of sheer gameplay, this is what makes “Marvel’s The Avengers” one of the most unique video pinball tables you’ll ever play. As you may have noticed, none of the screenshots feature a traditional silver ball for this table – that’s because no traditional silver balls exist at any time while you play. Instead, an Avenger of your choosing – represented by the balls you see above – is dropped right into the thick of things, each boasting his or her own unique buffs based on character specialties. (My personal favorite: An exclusive bonus to the skillshot when you’re Hawkeye.) I look forward to watching the Zen Studios forums and seeing how sequence of Avenger selection affects the battle plan for all the hardcore Zen fans out there.

7141089615_b7460ea919_z.jpg

2) Thor vs. Hulk!
‘Nuff said.

7141089839_14641f1d38_z.jpg

1) Movie Guys Helped Make It
This table was a true team effort. In addition to our games group here at Marvel and, most especially, the immense talent at Zen Studios, “Marvel’s The Avengers” features what may very well be a video pinball first – actual filmmaker involvement.

One of the coolest parts of the development experience for me was shooting ideas around with Executive Producer Jeremy Latcham, Creative Manager of R&D Will Corona Pilgrim and few others of Marvel Studios’ finest. They were genuinely enthused about the process, and I credit them fully with coming up with inspiring some of the missions, as well as the idea of having the Helicarrier act as the setting for the board. Once things were in full swing, Will was especially helpful, providing detailed feedback on everything from character animations to the minute details of the table’s script.

All told, the film team provided some invaluable ideas and feedback. You can tell there’s a lot of talent there – the type that’s capable of creating what very well may be the best super hero movie ever, I’d say…

Just got this in the email:
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles has been confirmed for a June 19th release for Marvel Pinball on PlayStation Network for PS3 in North America ($9.99), and June 20th for Pinball FX2 on Xbox LIVE Arcade (800 MSP) and Marvel Pinball on PlayStation Network for PS3 Europe (€9.99).

In celebration of this announcement, we are releasing a new trailer for The Infinity Gauntlet table. Packed full of mind bending table effects, The Infinity Gauntlet table is unlike any pinball table ever created!

The Infinity Gauntlet table features Thanos in a big way, and with Marvel Entertainment’s apparent plans to bring the Mad Titan front and center, The Infinity Gauntlet table is a great way to get familiar with his background story and powers.
I'm confused by the lack of a Zen Pinball 2 mention in this announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma9onTpSk6M

yes frisky is correct I had just asked one of the community managers (@barbiebobomb if you wanna follow her she's pretty cool) about it yesterday because I was wondering when it came out and she confirmed it was delayed til the summer I just can't wait to get my hands on it though

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/15/zen-studios-at-e3-kickbeat-gameplay-zen-pinball-2-update/

An update on Zen Pinball 2:
The next few weeks will be very busy for pinball. The new Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles pack will release next week, and we will have some detailed info to share on Monday (along with a NEW trailer). Zen Pinball 2 should be out in mid-late July for PS3 and PS Vita. We also want to give a big thanks to our friends at PlayStation for showcasing Zen Pinball 2 on PS Vita in their E3 booth.

Already have all the tables on xbox 360, thinking of picking them up again on psn though. Only table that's on psn not available on 360 is the Ninja Gaiden but do look forward to this. Especially with the free upgrade and cross compatibility.

The full announcement that I got in my inbox:
Zen Studios, the definitive leader in videogame pinball, is pleased to announce that Zen Pinball 2 for the PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system will release on September 4, 2012 via PlayStation®Network.

Additionally, a brand new table based on one of PopCap Games’ mega hits will accompany the release of Zen Pinball 2 as downloadable content. This mystery table will be fully revealed later this month at PAX Prime, and playable in the PopCap PAX booth. The table will also release on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for Pinball FX2™ on September 5, 2012.

Zen Pinball 2 features an abundance of exciting new features and updates. Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners, while new users can download the pinball platform and try every pinball table for free before deciding to purchase.

Additionally, players will enjoy cross-platform entitlement and any Zen Pinball 2 purchase will entitle players to both the PS3 and PS®Vita versions at no additional charge.

Zen Pinball 2 Key Features:

• PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
  • Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six tables!
  • The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
  • Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore™
  • Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
  • Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
  • Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
  • New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
  • Share your scores on Facebook
  • New rule sheet format to help you achieve higher scores
  • New trophies for each table

It will be cool to try out the 8 marvel tables i don't have and the few zen tables i didn't pick up. Anyone playing these tables in 3d?

Anyone else having an issue with uploading the tables? Only the most Marvel tables will unlock for me and Ninja Gaiden will unlock for me.

Anyone else having an issue with uploading the tables? Only the most recent Marvel Avenger tables and Ninja Gaiden have unlocked for me. Not even the original tables for the first Zen Pinball are unlocking for me.

[quote name='BobaJ']Anyone else having an issue with uploading the tables? Only the most recent Marvel Avenger tables and Ninja Gaiden have unlocked for me. Not even the original tables for the first Zen Pinball are unlocking for me.[/QUOTE]

For some odd reason it takes a few cycles to go through all your downloaded content. It would do a few tables at a time when you initially request to import them. A bit silly and painful, and I was forced to try a few times when some downloads failed.

[quote name='dragonjud']For some odd reason it takes a few cycles to go through all your downloaded content. It would do a few tables at a time when you initially request to import them. A bit silly and painful, and I was forced to try a few times when some downloads failed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I actually read somewhere else to download the demo and then download the unlock and that worked for the other boards I own. Lots of extra work and time to download all my boards and I even have a decent connection. I feel bad for people that have a slower connection. I usually don't care about trivial things but this whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth with this company, how do delay a release and not realize this would be a problem.

Any word on if they're planning on releasing a bundle pack/season pass for all the tables?

I have the Marvel ones, and bought Epic Quest (which is awesome!) and I really want to get all the others but I really don't want to spend $50 to unlock them all.
If they came out with a package deal for $40 or hopefully even less I'd be all over it.

[quote name='BobaJ']Yeah I actually read somewhere else to download the demo and then download the unlock and that worked for the other boards I own. Lots of extra work and time to download all my boards and I even have a decent connection. I feel bad for people that have a slower connection. I usually don't care about trivial things but this whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth with this company, how do delay a release and not realize this would be a problem.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded them directly from the store as they were marked free (not the demos). Didn't have any issues when I started ZP2 up.

[quote name='GBH']It will be cool to try out the 8 marvel tables i don't have and the few zen tables i didn't pick up. Anyone playing these tables in 3d?[/QUOTE]

The tables look amazing in 3D. I fact, I think I play better with the 3D on, as it's easy to tell where the ball is at all times. Everything just "pops", and I can't say enough good things about the 3D support in this game, it's really that good. :)

Zen Studios announced a Marvel Civil War table for Zen Pinball 2:
Iron Man and Captain America face off in dramatic fashion in the latest collaboration between pinball masters Zen Studios and entertainment powerhouse Marvel Entertainment. Based on the 2006 six-part comic event Civil War, players must choose to join Iron Man in support of the Superhuman Registration Act or join Captain America in the fight against it.

The choice to support or fight the Superhuman Registration Act provides unique aspects to gameplay. For example, if you pick Captain America, you might get some help from the Punisher; whereas if you choose Iron Man, you may earn help from the Thunderbolts. Both sides contend for the allegiance of heroes still making up their minds, such as Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel.

Civil War features amazing slow-motion combat animations Iron Man and Captain America, each battling for what they see is right. The number of followers amassed to each cause determines the difficulty of each fight, as determined by striking the proper targets and ramps, some of which materialize in thin air.

Civil War joins an incredible lineup of Marvel themed tables, and will release on a multitude of platforms as standalone DLC:

• Pinball FX2 on Xbox Live® Arcade and Windows 8
    [*]Zen Pinball 2 as Cross Buy entitled content for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita
    [*]Marvel Pinball for PlayStation®3
  • Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac®App Store
  • Zen Pinball on the iTunes App®Store
  • Zen Pinball THD on Google®Play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS0OQhmeskk

Alright, finally new pinball tables! I like the concept of the Civil War table, with the getting to choose sides and contending for allegiances and all the jazz. Should be interesting. :)

[quote name='johnnypark']Anyone get the PvZ bundle that's on sale? How is it, worth $4?[/QUOTE]
I have the Sorceror's Lair table, it's really good. I don't have the other 2 though.

[quote name='johnnypark']Anyone get the PvZ bundle that's on sale? How is it, worth $4?[/QUOTE]

Love the PvZ table, Sorcerer's Lair is very deep, and Paranormal is really cool. I'd say it's worth it. ;)

Transferred all my tables w/o issue. Having fun with the new format.

But I despise the auto camera angle changes. They happen all the time, it's really jarring. I'm just playing and all of a sudden the camera angle changes for no reason (only one ball on screen, views are not locked and/or not limited views, normal view options), and I have to stop the ball to fix it, or lose the ball in the chaos. I understand the change if it's a multi-ball, and zooms out more, but even during multi-ball it will switch to close up & almost under view that just ****s with me, I hate it (this is after I set the view to zoom out purposely, it keeps changing angles).

Is there any way to STOP auto-camera changes? Or set a default angle, then never have to worry about it?

I still can't get the fantastic 4 table i bought on zen pinball 2. I went to the store yesterday and it wanted me to buy it for 3 bucks when i already bought it for 1.50.

The Civil War table will be out on November 20 for $2.99 both for Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball 2, so the best route if you have both MP and ZP2 is to buy it for Marvel Pinball and then it'll be available to use in ZP2.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/05/star-wars-pinball-launches-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-this-month/

Star Wars tables are coming later this month:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvn8nUl0giU

Zen Studios has been making pinball games for nearly a decade now, and today is one of the most exciting pinball moments for our studio! We are extremely excited to announce that Star Wars is coming to Zen Pinball 2! Zen Studios has been working closely with LucasArts to create an amazing collection of videogame pinball tables set in a galaxy far, far away!

The first pack of tables include Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Beyond these exciting tables, there are seven others in production as we speak, all to be revealed as 2013 unfolds.

Each table features a different iconic moment from the Star Wars universe, with interactive 3D characters and unique gameplay. If you have not yet downloaded Zen Pinball 2, it is pretty easy to do. The free download will give you access to a great library of pinball content, where you can download demos for each table and pick which you’d like to buy. All content is cross-buy entitled on PS3 and PS Vita.

We will be unveiling more details on each table over the next few weeks leading up to launch, so be sure to keep an eye on PlayStation.Blog or www.starwarspinball.com for the latest Star Wars Pinball updates.

May the Force be with you!

Just got the Star Wars tables for Vita/PS3 add me if you need to add to your Wizard Scores.
I could use some more Friends for this game.

I am going to pick up these tables soon..I suck at pinball though, so I dont know if it will be worthwhile for anyone to add me. :(

Picked the new Star Wars tables up and played on Vita with no issues. When I tried them on my PS3 there was a noticable lag on the flippers. Like I could hit the trigger button, count a second then it would go. Is this normal for the PS3 version, or did I mess something up?

Bumping this up since the PS4 version is out now and features Cross Buy with a number of tables:

Hey everyone, Zen Studios here with a quick update: the release of Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 here in North America has been pushed ever-so-slightly, now releasing next Tuesday.

When you’re working on a new platform with a complicated game, there might be a few hiccups along the way. Everyone at Sony working behind the scenes to make our game releases possible have been incredible and very accommodating. We’re so lucky to have an incredible team (who probably rarely get thanked) making it possible for us to get our games in your hands!

If you need your Zen Pinball fix now, Doctor Strange is still releasing today on PS3 and Vita for $2.99 (and yes, it will be on PS4 next week).

In advance of our PS4 release next week, we want to give you some detailed information about how the import process works. Please bookmark this post in case you need this information next week.

There are a few details that we really need you all to pay close attention to so you have a smooth transition from PS3 to PS4. As you may have read in the announcement post, if you bought the tables coming to PS4 in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 or PS Vita you can import those to Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 at no charge. Here are more details on how that works:

Cross Buy Tables

• Star Wars Pinball
  • Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force
  • Marvel Pinball
  • Marvel Pinball:Avengers Chronicles
  • Marvel’s Doctor Strange
  • Plants vs. Zombies Pinball
  • Epic Quest
  • Paranormal
  • Earth Defense
  • The tables can only import from Zen Pinball 2 PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 PS4. You cannot import from Marvel Pinball or Star Wars Pinball on PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 on PS4. You CAN import from Marvel or Star Wars Pinball on PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and then > PS4.
  • There is no going backwards from PS4 > PS3. If you want to play the tables on PS3 in the future, we suggest you buy them on PS3 first and then import to PS4.
  • For those of you who downloaded any of the applicable tables via PS+, you can import to PS4 just the same. However, if your PS+ account expires, you will lose access to the content.
The actual import process is pretty easy, but here is a step by step walkthrough that you can reference if you encounter any issues:

1. Press the square button (Import Tables) on the collection screen to start the import process
  2. Please wait while the game is searching for tables available for import
  3. If there are tables available to import, the store will offer the next batch of content it has found. Press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, then press the circle button (Back) to return to the collection screen, and if there are still tables to import, the store will offer them in the next batch. Repeat this process until all content is added to the download queue.
  4. Alternatively, if you want to import just a specific table, you can go to the table’s menu, wait a few seconds while the game checks for availability and press the “Download and play!” button when it appears. As the store comes up, press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, and press the circle button (Back) to return to the game.
  5. Wait until all downloads finish (you can check their progress in the PS4 user interface under Notifications/Downloads), and there you go! You can play your imported tables straight away!

If you find the process is not working for you, we have posted a comprehensive FAQ in our forums and are standing by to answer your questions.
The other caveat is that those tables are the only old tables that are coming to ZP2 on PS4, as they were only allowed to bring 20 tables over, so it's all new tables from here on out for all three platforms. Just buy the tables first on PS3 to get them on all three platforms.

If people want to add to their leaderboard competition, feel free to add me on PSN (CrashSpyro).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back