Twisted Metal 39.99+ free shipping

[quote name='birus']is this the limited edition or regular edition?[/QUOTE]

This may be my buy price!! What's the difference though?

[quote name='skiizim']This may be my buy price!! What's the difference though?[/QUOTE]

LE comes with Starhawk DLC and a full game download of Twisted Metal Black.

I hated the demo and people say the online is broken so i'm not sure if it's worth the price but 39.99 does not look 2 bad

I rented this as well when it came out. I couldn't play the MP because of the online pass thing, but I though the SP was decent. I'm still holding out for the $20-$25 range.

I'll buy Twisted Metal for under $7 bucks but that's about the most I think that game is worth having played the demo.

Best multiplayer game on PS3 imo. I paid full price and don't regret it. I'd be willing to bet 90% of the people that don't like the game never played any of the other ones in the series or gave absolutely no time or effort into learning the controls and quit before understanding what makes the game so fun.

[quote name='Barry Burton']can't decide whether i want this right now

any thoughts on the game?[/QUOTE]

If you played and enjoyed TM 1,2, Black or Rogue Trip, jump all over this. This is probably my favorite competitive multiplayer game this generation (over COD 4 and Transformers: WFC) since it is nearly perfectly balanced, skill-based and basically doesn't allow any camping. Online was a mess at launch where i could connect to 1/10 games, but now it's around 66% success rate and once you're in, you stay in. The actual gameplay online has been 98% lagless with the best netplay of any game I've seen since launch when you actually do connect to a match. The next patch will unlock the preorder bonus Axel for everyone and should hopefully clear up the majority of the remaining initial connection issues.

This is also the cheapest the game has been in the 2 months since launch with the only other sale being 49.99 at Gamestop last week. You can also likely sell the TM Black voucher that comes with the LE for 10 bucks if you already have a copy.

Honestly, I think all the bad user press the game is getting is just coming from impatient people trying to force a price drop. While the game had a rough launch, the online issues are no worse than any other PS3 game right now, and there are more patches in the works for actual gameplay tweaks.

This is probably my favorite online multiplayer game of this generation.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Best multiplayer game on PS3 imo. I paid full price and don't regret it. I'd be willing to bet 90% of the people that don't like the game never played any of the other ones in the series or gave absolutely no time or effort into learning the controls and quit before understanding what makes the game so fun.[/QUOTE]
I don't even get what's so damn confusing about the controls. I do believe most people complaining about the game never even played the originals to begin with. The game is pretty damn good, I still prefer Black over this, and wish they would've had a storyline each vehicle/character.

Regardless of that though, it's still a fun game and for $40 it's a great price especially if it is the LE. Which apparently I've been hearing that people who went to BB ended up being greeted with a normal edition instead.

[quote name='Barry Burton']can't decide whether i want this right now

any thoughts on the game?[/QUOTE]
I'm not a die-hard TM fan, but it's up there in my top favorites because of TM2, TM Black, and the one on the PSP (didn't really like the rest). But I really love this one. It takes a lot of getting used to since it's hard as hell. Originally, I thought I would never even come close to finishing it on Twisted Mode, but I've spent some time with it and have been getting golds on most of the events. Online is still a bit messed up since Jaffe is working on the patch at them moment (he said it would be out this week with Axel for free as was promised ages ago). If you don't take it seriously, and just have fun (it's all about gameplay after all), then you will like it. Provided you are into car combat games. Blood Drive is a decent one as well. You can also create your own skins for the vehicles which is a nice bonus.

Just an FYI, I can't recommend you buy this game. I see someone on here and multiple threads repeating that the multiplayer is epic but I wholeheartedly disagree. The singleplayer is boring and repetitive and the multiplayer fun is short lived. If you liked MAG, which I compare it to as something with hollow multiplayer full of unlocks but no real fun or it factor, you'll like this. Otherwise this game is a complete pass or a gamefly purchase at $10-$15.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ijustw1n']Just an FYI, I can't recommend you not buy this game enough. I see someone on here and multiple threads repeating that the multiplayer is epic but I wholeheartedly disagree. The singleplayer is boring and repetitive and the multiplayer fun is short lived. If you liked MAG, which I compare it to as something with hollow multiplayer full of unlocks but no real fun or it factor, you'll like this. Otherwise this game is a complete pass or a gamefly purchase at $10-$15.[/QUOTE]
You need to revise your post ... your double negative translates your sentence into "I can recommend you buy this game enough", which sounds like overwhelming praise, but then your following comments say how bad the game is.

[quote name='flix1']You need to revise your post ... your double negative translates your sentence into "I can recommend you buy this game enough", which sounds like overwhelming praise, but then your following comments say how bad the game is.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. I had to reread the post a few times. Double negatives are the worst.

[quote name='flix1']You need to revise your post ... your double negative translates your sentence into "I can recommend you buy this game enough", which sounds like overwhelming praise, but then your following comments say how bad the game is.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wonder if anyone really determines whether or not to take a deal like this based on random people they don't know who may or may not be biased for one reason or another.

The answer is surely yes, but if they actually read a topic like this I can't fathom what they'd actually expect out of the game if they bought it. You've got people saying it's the best multiplayer PS3 game and others saying it's pretty much the worst or not worth it at all.

[quote name='earvcunanan']LE comes with Starhawk DLC and a full game download of Twisted Metal Black.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure all versions (or at least first print NON LE) have the Starhawk skin

[quote name='ijustw1n']Just an FYI, I can't recommend you not buy this game enough. I see someone on here and multiple threads repeating that the multiplayer is epic but I wholeheartedly disagree. The singleplayer is boring and repetitive and the multiplayer fun is short lived. If you liked MAG, which I compare it to as something with hollow multiplayer full of unlocks but no real fun or it factor, you'll like this. Otherwise this game is a complete pass or a gamefly purchase at $10-$15.[/QUOTE]

Since you called MAG a hollow multiplayer with no real fun or it factor, I know your opinion is shit.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's what I was thinking. I had to reread the post a few times. Double negatives are the worst.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I was typing one thing on my phone and didn't go back and change the whole sentence. Sorry about that.

Also, you're right, MAG was legendary!!!!'n Anyway, got TM for the birthday and was wholly disappointed in the game overall. I'd wait for a bigger drop, just my two cents.

LOVE this game and play it more than any MP at the moment. Has local splitscreen mp with a framerate that holds up perfectly when split, amazing car mayhem and very tight controls.

Sad I never got a deal on this game but I was too excited to play it and do not regret at all the local co-op fun me and my buddy have enjoyed so far (we just unlocked warthog last week!).

seems like a polarizing title, the demo really didn't do much for me but i remember feeling the same about the mortal kombat demo last year and i ended up loving the game

i'll probably wait for $30, which i think will come no later than july

[quote name='aaron50']I got the game today, but I didn't receive the limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Same here, e-mailed BestBuy about this and got an automated reply:

"Best Buy Customer, This message was automatically generated in an attempt to answer your question as quickly as possible. Are you looking for product assistance? You can find this and other information by visiting Help Index on BestBuy.com. Thank You. Best Buy Customer Care"

Considering filing a dispute as the item received is materially different than the one advertised. :bomb:

[quote name='Achilles00']Does the soundtrack feature any crunchy guitars like Twisted Metal 2, or is it more like Black's?[/QUOTE]
It's got a decent soundtrack that fits well (very eclectic, so there's something for everyone), but you will probably have a few songs you hate. The best part is, you can use your own imported playlist!

So far my favorite game of the year so I would definitely suggest buying.
If you're not a fan of car combat (cars + guns = win) then don't even bother coming to the thread to complain.
It is an amazing split screen game (2-4 players), and multiplayer online is awesome. Campaign is fun but if you have friends that come over a lot like I do, or a PS3 in your office breakroom, this is the best game to have in it. Everyone at work prefers this to MW3 multiplayer now!

bread's done
Back