[Futureshop] Select PS3 dual packs, 2 for $50, Free Shipping

huh.. i guess you're right.. all this time I've been talking about this deal on RFD and we never had a thread here. I picked up the Res pack and Ico myself. Now i have two copies of Res2.. trying to offload one on Kijiji or something

[quote name='Wolfkin']huh.. i guess you're right.. all this time I've been talking about this deal on RFD and we never had a thread here. I picked up the Res pack and Ico myself. Now i have two copies of Res2.. trying to offload one on Kijiji or something[/QUOTE]

On your receipt it'll show one as $39.99 and the other as $9.99. Just return the $39.99 and keep the $9.99. LOL. This works because it doesn't come up as a bundle or anything, nor does it say combo on the receipt. It just shows it as a regular price (no discounts or anything).

BB/FS should have made it so both games come up as $24.99 instead.

Lol, their loss. And don't worry, this isn't fraud or anything. This worked for the E3 sale. Where you had to buy 3 to get one free. They'd all come up as $39.99, and then you could return the one you didn't want.

[quote name='AftComet']On your receipt it'll show one as $39.99 and the other as $9.99. Just return the $39.99 and keep the $9.99. LOL. This works because it doesn't come up as a bundle or anything, nor does it say combo on the receipt.

Lol, their loss. And don't worry, this isn't fraud or anything.[/QUOTE]
This will seroiusly work!? Have you done this?

[quote name='Naylord']This will seroiusly work!? Have you done this?[/QUOTE]

I edited my post to add more to it. But I believe so. I'm going to go do it tonight or tomorrow night. I know it worked for the E3 sale. It was basically the same thing. I have multiple orders :lol:

Darn just checked mine (picked up ICO and Jak packs) and the one I'd rather keep is the higher of the two. Oh well, can't complain, still a good deal.

[quote name='stmack']Darn just checked mine (picked up ICO and Jak packs) and the one I'd rather keep is the higher of the two. Oh well, can't complain, still a good deal.[/QUOTE]

The deal is still online. Order it again in reverse and return the other one. :bouncy:

It's a win/win situation. As long as you don't open it you can return it no matter what. And you have a 99% chance of this working.

I've done it before. It was with Uncharted 2 GOTY and another someother game I had returnted.

Thinking of doing it again this year. With either FS or BB.

[quote name='retro.elite']I've done it before. It was with Uncharted 2 GOTY and another someother game I had returnted.

Thinking of doing it again this year. With either FS or BB.[/QUOTE]

And it worked right? No questions asked.

Can't remember exactly; I might have gotten the games in two shipments. I know I got $40 back on my credit card. They almost always ask question for the reason of the return.

[quote name='retro.elite']Can't remember exactly; I might have gotten the games in two shipments. I know I got $40 back on my credit card. They almost always ask question for the reason of the return.[/QUOTE]

What's a good reason? I'm actually going through this in my head. If they say it's part of a combo, I'll play dumb and say one game was a PM I did over the phone and I'm returning the other one as I found a better price somewhere else.

Sounds plausible.

And by no questions asked, I meant I you don't get CSRs who investigate it or something.

Just picked mine up and they were both listed as $25 each on the receipt, they must've learned from their mistakes.

[quote name='AftComet']On your receipt it'll show one as $39.99 and the other as $9.99. Just return the $39.99 and keep the $9.99. LOL. This works because it doesn't come up as a bundle or anything, nor does it say combo on the receipt. It just shows it as a regular price (no discounts or anything).

Lol, their loss. And don't worry, this isn't fraud or anything. This worked for the E3 sale. Where you had to buy 3 to get one free. They'd all come up as $39.99, and then you could return the one you didn't want.[/QUOTE]
i'll show the pics... but no... i went on day one and both games were discounted to $25. Hmm.. then again she didn't know about the sale until it popped up. Maybe now that they're aware of the sale they're doing it wrong... how... backwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AftComet']What's a good reason? I'm actually going through this in my head. If they say it's part of a combo, I'll play dumb and say one game was a PM I did over the phone and I'm returning the other one as I found a better price somewhere else.

Sounds plausible.[/QUOTE]

I always go with the 'unneeded gift' route. For your brother or kid or imaginary friend, it doesn't matter. Just say they they already had the game. Just saying something simple like this is far easier than any real reason you might even have.

[quote name='ragnar14']I always go with the 'unneeded gift' route. For your brother or kid or imaginary friend, it doesn't matter. Just say they they already had the game. Just saying something simple like this is far easier than any real reason you might even have.[/QUOTE]

That's true. Good advice.

[quote name='AftComet']On your receipt it'll show one as $39.99 and the other as $9.99. Just return the $39.99 and keep the $9.99. LOL. This works because it doesn't come up as a bundle or anything, nor does it say combo on the receipt. It just shows it as a regular price (no discounts or anything).

Lol, their loss. And don't worry, this isn't fraud or anything. This worked for the E3 sale. Where you had to buy 3 to get one free. They'd all come up as $39.99, and then you could return the one you didn't want.[/QUOTE]

It might not be fraud, but it's pretty damn dishonest. I'll never understand why people always have to "game" the system. I guess we have redflagdeals to blame for that.

Perhaps you should post this over there where I'm sure it will fit right in :roll:

[quote name='Eoyote']It might not be fraud, but it's pretty damn dishonest. I'll never understand why people always have to "game" the system. I guess we have redflagdeals to blame for that.

Perhaps you should post this over there where I'm sure it will fit right in :roll:[/QUOTE]

Legally it's not wrong at all. Ethically, it's debatable.

Bottom line is their system structures the contract that way. That's not the customer's fault.

Taking the moral high-ground with big retailers? Do you feel guilty for buying those $20 games knowing full well that they were $60 a few months ago?

[quote name='Mr.']Taking the moral high-ground with big retailers? Do you feel guilty for buying those $20 games knowing full well that they were $60 a few months ago?[/QUOTE]

This x 10.

[quote name='CAGirl']^^ seriously, did anyone ever teach you about morals???[/QUOTE]

Is that you in your avatar? Didn't anyone ever teach you something about self-respect and not acting like a two-dollar slut?

[quote name='AftComet']Is that you in your avatar? Didn't anyone ever teach you something about self-respect and not acting like a two-dollar slut?[/QUOTE]

Don't resort to petty flaming, it just makes you look bad.

Ok a very noob question but can this deal be redeemed in store?
EDIT: Yea.. Sorta dumb question on my part just looked at the flyer >_<
Might grab GOW Origins Jack and Daxter

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind people ripping off the big retailers until a certain extent.
And if anyone doesn't know about morals it would be RFD and its terrible community. People hoard to sell them on kijiji; and a crap load of people don't even play video games there yet willingly buy them (casuals).

During the hmv sale, I heard one person stood infront of the HMV at yonge street before it opened and hoarded all the ps3 controllers. I came 10 minutes late because I was checking out the other one at Eaton's center but all I wanted was a dual shock 3. In all fairness, you snooze you lose.

Luckily, it didn't end up too badly for me though, as I picked up a nyko controller for $6.50 at FCP. I could atleast play co-op with my brother, and it works fine (its wired but I can deal with it).

If anyone needs to learn about morals, its those people who hoard things for super cheap to sell them for a profit. I doubt they care though.

[quote name='saikisen']I don't mind people ripping off the big retailers until a certain extent.
And if anyone doesn't know about morals it would be RFD and its terrible community. People hoard to sell them on kijiji; and a crap load of people don't even play video games there yet willingly buy them (casuals).

During the hmv sale, I heard one person stood infront of the HMV at yonge street before it opened and hoarded all the ps3 controllers. I came 10 minutes late because I was checking out the other one at Eaton's center but all I wanted was a dual shock 3. In all fairness, you snooze you lose.

Luckily, it didn't end up too badly for me though, as I picked up a nyko controller for $6.50 at FCP. I could atleast play co-op with my brother, and it works fine (its wired but I can deal with it).

If anyone needs to learn about morals, its those people who hoard things for super cheap to sell them for a profit. I doubt they care though.[/QUOTE]
Playing devil's advocate here; they may have families to feed and retail items are no different than stock really. All they are doing is buying low and selling high. Nothing truly wrong with that it's just annoying.

[quote name='Naylord']Playing devil's advocate here; they may have families to feed and retail items are no different than stock really. All they are doing is buying low and selling high. Nothing truly wrong with that it's just annoying.[/QUOTE]

In a sense this is true. But it's also up to the retailers to protect consumers by issuing limits. If anyone is able to clear out a store, there's something wrong with the retailer's.

For example, if DS3s are on sale, there is no reason for someone to buy 20. 5 I can understand. 10 or 20 is unreasonable.

[quote name='AftComet']In a sense this is true. But it's also up to the retailers to protect consumers by issuing limits. If anyone is able to clear out a store, there's something wrong with the retailer's.

For example, if DS3s are on sale, there is no reason for someone to buy 20. 5 I can understand. 10 or 20 is unreasonable.[/QUOTE]

But it's not exactly reasonable to expect the retailers to have to limit clearance sales. These sales happen to get rid of stock, so it's more beneficial to them to have one person take everything, freeing up that shelf space immediately, rather than have the stock trickle out.

bread's done
Back