GS Exclusive - GOW3 Retro Lancer Replicas - 3 new skins $99.99

shadow17x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This probably isn't a deal so much but back when GOW3 came out GS did offer the bundle on the RetroLancer/Epic and Special editions. There was an issue with customs and eventually it lead to some people not getting their replica lancer orders fulfilled (me included in this). After many months it looks like they have decided to re-release these but apparently they repainted them using some of the top skins used in the mutliplayer.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/gears-of-war-3-team-metal-lancer/100558

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/gears-of-war-3-deadly-cute-lancer/100557

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/gears-of-war-3-electric-green-lancer/100559

These are all $99.99 and apparently extremely limited. If you missed out on the first run I guess now is your chance to grab them. Seriously thinking about one but I'm pissed they didn't just offer up the originals that looked much better with the wear/tear and blood.

[quote name='shadow17x']This probably isn't a deal so much but back when GOW3 came out GS did offer the bundle on the RetroLancer/Epic and Special editions. There was an issue with customs and eventually it lead to some people not getting their replica lancer orders fulfilled (me included in this). After many months it looks like they have decided to re-release these but apparently they repainted them using some of the top skins used in the mutliplayer.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/gears-of-war-3-team-metal-lancer/100558

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/gears-of-war-3-deadly-cute-lancer/100557

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/gears-of-war-3-electric-green-lancer/100559

These are all $99.99 and apparently extremely limited. If you missed out on the first run I guess now is your chance to grab them. Seriously thinking about one but I'm pissed they didn't just offer up the originals that looked much better with the wear/tear and blood.[/QUOTE]

lol
Some of the nerf guns look better than those...

The retro lancers sold for up to $350+ on eBay iirc. The chainsaw ones went up to $400 - $500 i think.

I was one of the online preorders that got screwed from the customs issue. I wonder if GS made up the excuse since all in store preorders were honored. Didn't make any sense to me.

These look hideous though.

[quote name='Brother Daz']:puke:

Do they not have the normal color for sale?[/QUOTE]

I know right. I would definitely be tempted if they had the normal color available.

[quote name='Donut2922']The retro lancers sold for up to $350+ on eBay iirc. The chainsaw ones went up to $400 - $500 i think.

I was one of the online preorders that got screwed from the customs issue. I wonder if GS made up the excuse since all in store preorders were honored. Didn't make any sense to me.

These look hideous though.[/QUOTE]

At the very least I got an email with this notice and a coupon for 20% off to make the price comparable to original quote on the lancers. I went back and forth with GS on this regarding the import because their excuses were complete BS. As someone who deals with exports/imports daily, their reasoning behind this was complete garbage. I think now it's funny that the original stock (which according to GS got shipped back overseas since customs rejected it) is still out there but they were able to get these ridiculously colored ones through. Reselling might be nice but I'm just not that motivated.

I figure, I already have the chainsaw lancer and the retro lancer, so add these to my collection. I am guessing they will be more limited than the original retro lancers. My wall will be full of plastic guns. Also can't wait to get my Portal Gun.

Looks like they will all sport some interesting camo paint schemes. Strange colors (of course from the multiplayer game) but might be pretty cool in person.

It does say "Very Limited Edition". Gotta have em all.

Can you order these in store or online only? Are they only available through Gamestop?

I only wonder because if they are only exclusive to Gamestop and only available online how does someone get 10 to resell like in the eBay listing? I had my gamestop account blacklisted for being much more reasonable then that

Screw it. Bought one using the code they sent me. Try this code to see if it was generic to anyone buying this or specific to me.

LNCR64K3X3Q

good luck

[quote name='stonciddta']Can you cancel preorders for Gamestop easily online?[/QUOTE]

I placed a pre-order for all 3 Lancer versions. My order shows up in my order history. There is a "Cancel this Shipment" button below each lancer. I have cancelled pre-orders via online and over the phone before, without any issues. Just my experience of course.

[quote name='shadow17x']Screw it. Bought one using the code they sent me. Try this code to see if it was generic to anyone buying this or specific to me.

LNCR64K3X3Q

good luck[/QUOTE]

I tested your code, and it is a unique one time code. Thanks for offering. I had already ordered my lancers.

[quote name='shadow17x']At the very least I got an email with this notice and a coupon for 20% off to make the price comparable to original quote on the lancers. I went back and forth with GS on this regarding the import because their excuses were complete BS. As someone who deals with exports/imports daily, their reasoning behind this was complete garbage. I think now it's funny that the original stock (which according to GS got shipped back overseas since customs rejected it) is still out there but they were able to get these ridiculously colored ones through. Reselling might be nice but I'm just not that motivated.[/QUOTE]

I suspected BS when the ”customs” email excuse came to me. I figured it was BS because a customer service rep said the original delay was due to a production issue which sounded more plausible. GS never gave me a discount code for my messed up order. Hrm.

[quote name='shadow17x']At the very least I got an email with this notice and a coupon for 20% off to make the price comparable to original quote on the lancers. I went back and forth with GS on this regarding the import because their excuses were complete BS. As someone who deals with exports/imports daily, their reasoning behind this was complete garbage. I think now it's funny that the original stock (which according to GS got shipped back overseas since customs rejected it) is still out there but they were able to get these ridiculously colored ones through. Reselling might be nice but I'm just not that motivated.[/QUOTE]

I was fortunate to receive my pre-ordered Retro Lancer from GameStop. What exactly was the import/customs issue that caused some to not get theirs?

The color schemes on these are just hideous. Does it light up or do anything else besides look bad-ass like the chainsaw Lancers?

[quote name='def PD']The color schemes on these are just hideous. Does it light up or do anything else besides look bad-ass like the chainsaw Lancers?[/QUOTE]

I can see it now: Lollipop Retro Lancer lol

[quote name='barrit']I can see it now: Lollipop Retro Lancer lol[/QUOTE]

Don't give them anymore ideas mang! :drool:

Where are you guys getting those $20 off coupons BTW?

For $80+shipping I may bite the bullet and get the retro blue one.

[quote name='dragonjud']lol
Some of the nerf guns look better than those...[/QUOTE]

At least those guns do something. What's the point of these lancers? Just to look at them?

[quote name='matrix9280']At least those guns do something. What's the point of these lancers? Just to look at them?[/QUOTE]

Per the Web site:

• Created from the actual 3D data used by Epic Games in the Gears of War 3 video game
  • Over 3 1/2 Feet in Length
  • Trigger Activates Machine Gun Sound Effect
  • Hand Painted detail based on 3 of the most popular in-game "skins"
  • Very Limited Edition

Hm, wonder if my employee discount works. I'll have to try this later when I get home... Hehe

///edit///
My employee discount works, and it comes with free shipping, nice... I gotta rack up some credit now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donut2922']I suspected BS when the ”customs” email excuse came to me. I figured it was BS because a customer service rep said the original delay was due to a production issue which sounded more plausible. GS never gave me a discount code for my messed up order. Hrm.[/QUOTE]

The discount code was the result of many emails between me and their customer service group. Originally they told me it was delayed, then delayed again, then stuck in customs, and then just outright cancelled. I did get a few nice codes from GS for points, XBL stuff but no real valid excuse for the shipment being delayed. Here is the original email they sent me:

Dear Valued Customer:

Recently we sent you an email regarding your order for the Gears of War Replica Lancer. At that time, we unfortunately had to cancel your order due to a problem clearing a portion of our shipment through US Customs.

We are pleased to inform you that we have worked to find a replacement for this item. We have pre-cleared this item though US Customs and expect it to be available for shipment near the end of May, 2012. These Replica Lancers are GameStop exclusive, and will come in three different color patterns.

We want to give you the first opportunity to pre-order one of these GameStop exclusive Replica Lancers. From now through April 18, 2012, you can go to the link provided below in order to reserve your Replica Lancer. Your method of payment will not be charged until the item is ready to be shipped to you.

In order to make the cost of this item comparable with our original offer, we would like to offer you the following coupon code to use in order to take 20% off the listed price.

LNCR64K3X3Q.

Because of the limited availability of these items, we can only offer one (1) to each customer.

Thank you for your patience as we have worked through this issue. Should you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to reach out to GameStop Customer Service.

Just got it this morning so that's where the post originated from.

I tried the afore mentioned code, and it says it's not applicable based on the contents of my order. My order consists solely of a Team Metal Lancer, so maybe it is one time use?

[quote name='shadow17x']The discount code was the result of many emails between me and their customer service group. Originally they told me it was delayed, then delayed again, then stuck in customs, and then just outright cancelled. I did get a few nice codes from GS for points, XBL stuff but no real valid excuse for the shipment being delayed. Here is the original email they sent me:
.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you're right. I just checked my GS registered email and it sent me the same email with a unique discount code.

lol @ customs again. Still doesn't explain why all in-store preorders were honored. What a load of crap.

F gamestop.....they should have deliverd on the pre-orders.....would rather have this:

DSC00151.jpg

Than does candyland retro lancers!

I got the pre-order one and even though I can resell it for some cash I was iffy on spending the store credit for it. But with these ugly things there's no issue, lol.

They should've made one of the other guns or something. I know these will sell because they're limited, but wtf?

[quote name='shadow17x']Screw it. Bought one using the code they sent me. Try this code to see if it was generic to anyone buying this or specific to me.

LNCR64K3X3Q

good luck[/QUOTE]

It's a generic code. I just tried to use it and it would've given me $20 off as well. Nice find!
I'm still debating if I want any of these though. I'd love to re-sell them eventually but who knows if they'll be as collectible as the other ones they've made.

Edit: nevermind, it says it's already been used.

I can see why the original got stuck in customs, assuming that's true, that thing looks real. As to why these were repainted, part of it I'm sure is to be limited and also because they look like toys compared to the other one.

infected omen was a better skin. crimson omen is a classic.

deadly cute was an in-joke! like tea-bagging! it added extra insult to kill your opponents with a pink gun. this does not necessarily translate into a 'real world' product in demand.

did any of those retros or lancers ever light-up?

damn, if there was a peg to stick that into my back, I'd put down a payment! [j/k of course]

You have to be kidding me. Those are hands down the ugliest replicas I have ever seen. Is that the Victoria's Secret Pink lancer? Its one thing to create a bunch of ugly skins for the game but using them to make replicas.....well, that is just a BAD IDEA. I collect replica weapons and the market gets better and better with each passing year. With that being said, people who spend their hard earned money on these things need to have their heads examined. Then again there is no shortage of bad taste in this world so who knows, maybe they will be wildly successful. In all honesty, these things would make a land fill less appealing.

My GF ordered the epic edition with a retro lancer for me for my birthday and GS cancelled the retro lancer order on us "because of customs" she was pretty upset they cancelled because it was supposed to be my birthday present.

She got this email as well and got all excited... while im not exactly fond of the colors we still decided to use the code and get one. But thing is i have since turned her into a gears fan and she plays with me all the time and now she wants one too. But the code is a one time use (I got the green one)

Anyone out there get the e-mail with the 20% off code that isnt going to us it maybe send it my way via PM (So lurkers can't take it) so i can order one for my GF as well?

Would be GREATLY appreciated :)

bread's done
Back