GS Exclusive - GOW3 Retro Lancer Replicas - 3 new skins $99.99

shadow17x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This probably isn't a deal so much but back when GOW3 came out GS did offer the bundle on the RetroLancer/Epic and Special editions. There was an issue with customs and eventually it lead to some people not getting their replica lancer orders fulfilled (me included in this). After many months it looks like they have decided to re-release these but apparently they repainted them using some of the top skins used in the mutliplayer.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/gears-of-war-3-team-metal-lancer/100558

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/gears-of-war-3-deadly-cute-lancer/100557

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/gears-of-war-3-electric-green-lancer/100559

These are all $99.99 and apparently extremely limited. If you missed out on the first run I guess now is your chance to grab them. Seriously thinking about one but I'm pissed they didn't just offer up the originals that looked much better with the wear/tear and blood.

[quote name='splattered']My GF ordered the epic edition with a retro lancer for me for my birthday and GS cancelled the retro lancer order on us "because of customs" she was pretty upset they cancelled because it was supposed to be my birthday present.

She got this email as well and got all excited... while im not exactly fond of the colors we still decided to use the code and get one. But thing is i have since turned her into a gears fan and she plays with me all the time and now she wants one too. But the code is a one time use (I got the green one)

Anyone out there get the e-mail with the 20% off code that isnt going to us it maybe send it my way via PM (So lurkers can't take it) so i can order one for my GF as well?

Would be GREATLY appreciated :)[/QUOTE]

If you want to buy your GF a Gears of War gun, go to TriForce and buy her the Gears 3 Snub Pistol. I guarantee she will be far more excited than she would if you gave her one of these monstrosities. I have both the regular Snub and Locust Snub and they look even better in person than they do in the pictures. TriForce is easily becoming one of the best replica companies on the market.

Of course, if you really want to blow your GF away you can pre order her the Locust Hammerburst II full scale replica. Its not coming out until the 1st quarter of 2013 but they are taking pre orders right now and given how expensive it is...well, it gives you time to save up the money. You only need to put 200 down to reserve one. The pictures speak for themselves.

gow_hammerburst.jpg

gow_snub_locust.jpg

gow_snub_standard.jpg

Am I allowed to post links to external sites? Just Google Tri-Force Collectibles and you will find the Tri Force Blog. This is the same company that produced the Mass Effect M-8Assault Rifle. They do amazing work. As for prices, the regular Snub is 400, the Locust Snub is 450 and the Hammerburst is 850. The regular Snub is limited to 500, the Locust Snub is limited to 100, and the Hammer burst is limited to 500. The one to buy right now is the Locust Snub. Only 100 made. That is one of the smallest edition sizes I have seen yet with replica weapons.

I just put my order in for the Hammerburst and you only have to put 210 dollars down right now. The rest will be due when the gun ships, in the 1st quarter of 2013. Yes these are significantly more expensive than the Lancer but would you rather pay 100 bucks and get a piece of junk or pay 400/800 and get something truly unique and collectible? Its a no brainer for me, which is why I own the Snubs and refuse to buy the Lancer.

HAHA sorry but i am not spending thousands of dollars on videogame replicas... those are super awesome but i cannot justify that kind of money on toys. Super neat though... wish i had the cash to drop on stuff like that :)

[quote name='splattered']HAHA sorry but i am not spending thousands of dollars on videogame replicas... those are super awesome but i cannot justify that kind of money on toys. Super neat though... wish i had the cash to drop on stuff like that :)[/QUOTE]

Thousands of dollars? I didn't say you had to buy all 3, lol. I just put up all 3 in case you were interested. Buying a single Snub is 400. You can find them on eBay for 350. You already purchased 1 lancer and your ready to purchase another. That's 200 bucks right there. So for an additional 150 bucks you could have had something FAR nicer and far more valuable. Dont get me wrong, its your money and its your choice. Just don't make it seem like its way out of your reach. If you can afford 2 Lancers then you should be able to afford a Snub.

The Hammer, well that's obviously a different story but I don't like presuming what people can afford or not afford to buy. Of course, the biggest difference between buying high end replicas and low end....stuff is that with the replicas you wind up getting your money back if you decide to sell. I have sold a couple out of my collection and have made an absolute killing. You would be surprised how valuable some of these become once they get sucked up into the collector market. The 3 District 9 guns by Weta are a perfect example. They are now 3-5 times their original value and its only been a couple years since they were made.

[quote name='splattered']Fair enough! I'm not buying them to re-sell them though :p

So no one willing to part with their 20% off coupon in the e-mail? :/[/QUOTE]

I wasn't suggesting that you turn around and sell them. My point was that high end replicas not only hold their value, they can also substantially increase in value. Knowing that you can get your money back out if you need too, possibly even making a profit.....well, that just makes spending that kind of money a lot less painful. Its really like money in the bank. The items are just a lot more fun and a lot better looking than a bank account. That just isn't the case with most lower end collectibles. Those purchases are usually money spent, money lost.

The only time I ever buy with the intent of selling is if I buy more than one of a particular product. In regards to my personal collection, I still own every piece I have ever purchased. Having the ability to sell is still a very good thing, even if you have no plans on selling. If done properly and with the right pieces, buying additional pieces to sell at a later date can actually pay for the pieces you keep. At the very least, it can help offset the cost of the pieces you keep and make them far more affordable. The first time I did it was with Weta's District 9 guns and the money I made basically paid for my set. Anyways, just something to think about in the future.

Oh, by the way, I don't know if your aware of this or not but Sideshow has something called FlexPay, where you can pay for items in installments. They don't add any financing charges or any fee's whatsoever. They just divide the cost of the item over a period of time. For example, the Mass Effect M-8 Assault Rifle was $650 and I chose to use FlexPay this time around. My payment schedule was 65 dollars down and then 117 dollars a month for 5 months. It allows people to buy things they otherwise wouldn't be able to buy if they had to come up with all of the money at once. Again, just something to think about if there is an item down the road that your interested in buying.

[quote name='Bc4768']I found a link to the site selling the replicas here:

http://www.projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=3&pg=1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats the Tri-Force site I was talking about. I just didn't know if we were allowed to post up links to external sites. I guess we are. Good to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
well I might as well order since I did get the "20% off" code which is really just a one time $20 off code (I'll see if cs can at least knock off shipping).

I'll keep and get an extra to re-sell to hopefully make up for the epic edition which I only bought for the retro.

[quote name='Brother Daz']:puke:

Do they not have the normal color for sale?[/QUOTE]

Fuck you, pink is manly.

I dont think these would become valuable having owned both previous lancer replicas before. There were a ton of other skins they should have used over the cutesy skins. I can't imagine there would be many people that actually want one to collect. Debating to just cancel my preorder or keep....

I have a regular Retro lancer and would've loved the opportunity to get the first lancer they put out. Why the hell did they even make these? They look so awful.

[quote name='Pravado']lol @ the manchildren who buy crap like this[/QUOTE]
lol @ the jackasses who don't realize people can do whatever the f**k they want with their money.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']lol @ the jackasses who don't realize people can do whatever the f**k they want with their money.[/QUOTE]

Of course you can, but that doesn't make these "replicas" any less of a steaming pile of shit.

bread's done
Back