* - - - - 3 votes

Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

#481 SKEETER   YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT! CAGiversary!   640 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

You know what's funny?

We *never* saw anything between that mock-up and this new box sample.

You'd think they'd have the original digital files showing the box that was stolen. :D

US release of Pandora's Tower is 23 days away. Wonder which I'll have first. :D

I think this IS the box that was supposedly stolen all along! In that case, I'm glad the "thieves" took it. Guess they were trying to save everyone from getting this BS box! No one would have paid good money to get this if they knew this is how it would look!

So glad Pandora's Tower is close because then this whole thing will finally be over with!

Edited by SKEETER, 03 March 2013 - 04:07 PM.

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#482 SKEETER   YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT! CAGiversary!   640 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

this. they really got these three games known. without them i am sure you and many others would never of heard of the game. hell they were all over gaming boards for a while which is free advertising for a game that nintendo refused to advertise and likely had 0 intention of ever bringing over.

just because people are bitter over this collectors box/case thing is no excuse to discount what they did to advertise these games

True. Most people (including myself) would never even have heard of these games if not for their campaigning. It's not always easy to get a company's attention and actually have them listen. I hope this sets a good precedent for more localization of games.

However, this absolutely doesn't give them a pass for the donations fiasco/box shenanigans!

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#483 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6220 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

As I recall, and I'll have to go back and do a bit of reading to verify, the folks at XSeed hadn't even heard of Operation Rainfall until after they made the decision to localize Last Story. So from a localization process, I have no doubt OPR had little to no influence.

It would be hard to say the same about sales. It's very likely that Last Story became XSeed's top seller because of the word of mouth generated by OPR. For that they deserve some credit.

They're stretching it with the amount that they are taking, however.

#484 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   18396 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I wonder what the excuse will be this time when they don't fulfill the orders.

My money is on spontaneous combustion.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#485 UncleBob  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

I think this IS the box that was supposedly stolen all along! In that case, I'm glad the "thieves" took it. Guess they were trying to save everyone from getting this BS box! No one would have paid good money to get this if they knew this is how it would look!

So glad Pandora's Tower is close because then this whole thing will finally be over with!

Can't quite be the same box. Pandora's Tower is listed with XSEED copyright and the box has 2013 all over it.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#486 jello44   Hey hey CAGiversary!   1575 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

As I recall, and I'll have to go back and do a bit of reading to verify, the folks at XSeed hadn't even heard of Operation Rainfall until after they made the decision to localize Last Story. So from a localization process, I have no doubt OPR had little to no influence.

It would be hard to say the same about sales. It's very likely that Last Story became XSeed's top seller because of the word of mouth generated by OPR. For that they deserve some credit.

Read that too, I think it was in that Kotaku article.

I'll say, flying monkeys kidnap the UPS/FedEx guy as he is delivering them to the residence.

#487 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2157 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

of course why would they admit that? its bad PR. it would be like admitting that yes that protest and constant bugging us to do something worked. so please feel free to do it next time. most people say sure do that but in all honesty nearly everyone hates to be bugged to death about something. it would also be like nintendo and XSEED admitting they were wrong and should of had plans to localize this game all along.

you think a company will admit they are wrong? psh rarely does that happen and usually only after a good sledgehammer shots to the head.

#488 RabbitSuit   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   2112 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

RabbitSuit

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

I actually like the new(?) boxart. Although it would have been nice to be slightly less Rainfall and more about the actual games.

Might as well have slapped an IGN logo while they were at it, but I'm still looking forward to getting it.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#489 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10812 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Although it would have been nice to be slightly less Rainfall and more about the actual games.

This is a group that put "Operation Rainfall Presents... The Rainfall Collection" on their fake box. I think it shows some restraint that they didn't rename the games Rainfall Chronicles, The Last Rainfall, and Rainfall's Tower.

Ryuukishi634.png

#490 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6220 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

of course why would they admit that? its bad PR. it would be like admitting that yes that protest and constant bugging us to do something worked. so please feel free to do it next time. most people say sure do that but in all honesty nearly everyone hates to be bugged to death about something. it would also be like nintendo and XSEED admitting they were wrong and should of had plans to localize this game all along.

you think a company will admit they are wrong? psh rarely does that happen and usually only after a good sledgehammer shots to the head.

So what you are saying is you'd rather trust the unsubstantiated claim of a group of people that have knowingly lied to you over a company that has nothing to lose by acknowledging that they listened to the consumer.

#491 cloudmd23   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

They said they would begin shipping in the month of February.

I'm guessing this hasn't happened yet?

#492 moothemagiccow   Tall buildings shake Silenced   1075 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

moothemagiccow

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

So what you are saying is you'd rather trust the unsubstantiated claim of a group of people that have knowingly lied to you over a company that has nothing to lose by acknowledging that they listened to the consumer.

for a company that publishes niche japanese games for wii it's pretty hard to believe nobody in their office ever heard of the grassroots movement to release the two most recent wii games they happened to release

#493 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1165 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

they really got these three games known. without them i am sure you and many others would never of heard of the game. hell they were all over gaming boards for a while which is free advertising for a game that nintendo refused to advertise and likely had 0 intention of ever bringing over.

That’s the thing though: there was already a fervent demand for these games. I remember plenty of regular articles from IGN about Xenoblade before OR became a thing, not to mention all of the posts on message boards. Really, all OR did was take this pre-existing movement and give it a name. Did that help? Yes, I’m sure it did, but only by unifying fans under the same banner, not by creating awareness to potential new fans… which is really only a marginal victory in my opinion.

I see there hasn’t been much progress made on the many questions remaining from the great box caper, though we now have a sample. I can only assume they don’t want to reveal the printing service’s name because they don’t want people to know that they “George Constanza’d” on the print quality. If and when you do get your box, I suggest not licking it.

#494 dualedge2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   773 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

dualedge2

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm new to this thread, but I have to agree. I'd heard about Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower long before OR. OR didn't create recognition for those games, they just gave a movement a name. That was really it.

Last Story was easily in the headlines FAR more than the other two. Hironobu Sakaguchi's biggest game since leaving Squeenix kind of helps. Hearing about Last Story usually lead to the other two with a bit of searching.
Fight for the Lost

#495 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2157 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

not entirely saying that but i am mostly pointing out the company has no reason to admit OR had any say in this. and that claim is equally valid as OR's claim.

but the fact is OR got into the public spotlight and shined it on these three games. when neither nintendo nor XSEED where doing that.

and yes some gamers could of heard about the game before OR....butt those are active gamers that post on gaming boards and are very in the loop. many people in this thread have already admitted they only heard of these games because of OR

so doesnt that mean that OR had an effect? or can you prove those people are lying?

#496 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

I hope this box is a throwable item in the next Smash Bros game.

#497 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1165 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

or can you prove those people are lying?

No more than I can prove that they are telling the truth.

Look, let's not nitpick the small stuff and just both agree that OR was stupid and worthless.

I hope this box is a throwable item in the next Smash Bros game.

They originally had it in the game, but it kept taking too long to spawn on the stage.

#498 Kazaganthi   Blue Rogue CAGiversary!   1947 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

Haha, what's with the tagblock01, tagblock02 tags?

Look, let's not nitpick the small stuff and just both agree that OR was stupid and worthless.

Agreed. But check these pics out:

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29603
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29604

Though I don't think this is "the small stuff" when they ran a fund raise donation to make "dev kits" they could send to publishers, where those even ever sent out? I highly doubt it. Why would they not go straight to XSEED for Pandora's Tower after knowing they published The Last Story? And we now know, they picked up Pandora's Tower too, no thanks to OR.

#499 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

they originally had it in the game, but it kept taking too long to spawn on the stage.

lol

#500 jello44   Hey hey CAGiversary!   1575 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

for a company that publishes niche japanese games for wii it's pretty hard to believe nobody in their office ever heard of the grassroots movement to release the two most recent wii games they happened to release

I'd say it's far more hard to believe that a company that published niche Japanese games DIDN'T hear about any of these games EXISTING prior to OR.

72768.png

#501 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6220 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

I'd say it's far more hard to believe that a company that published niche Japanese games DIDN'T hear about any of these games EXISTING prior to OR.

And were potentially in negotiations before OR became a thing.

#502 uthoria   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

And were potentially in negotiations before OR became a thing.

Especially considering these games were shown at E3...

...All OR did was give a face to the outrage that already existed, while trying to take credit for said outrage at the same time.

#503 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12028 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

Sinkholes, definitely.

#504 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1165 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

How's everyone enjoying their boxes?

#505 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

How's everyone enjoying their boxes?

Rofl

#506 UncleBob  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

So... XSeed is bringing Pandora's Tower to the US.

Wonder if we'll get it in hand before we get the collector's box in hand.

:D

lol. Exactly one year after this thread is started, what do I get in the mail?!?

My copy of Pandora's Tower. Yay!
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#507 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6220 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

lol. Exactly one year after this thread is started, what do I get in the mail?!?

My copy of Pandora's Tower. Yay!

Give it another year and you might just get a commemorative box to put it in. :lol:

#508 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1165 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Just got mine in the mail!

Haha no, just kidding.... could you imagine though?

#509 Ironlocke   Busty McBraless CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Ironlocke

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

LOL! :applause:

#510 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10812 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

:lol:

Ryuukishi634.png