Dead Rising 2 Off the Record $17.99 used / $19.99 New Gamestop / Best Buy PS3 and 360

tastudent2003

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this posted yet, but found Dead Rising 2 Off the Record dropped in price down to $17.99 used / $19.99 new at Gamestop (New OOS) / Best Buy for both PS3 and 360. Nice deal with the +50% bonus trade in at both stores. Sorry if this was posted already, but I've been looking for this one and thought you guys might want to know. Thanks.

Gamestop :
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-dead+rising+2+off

Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Also now available at Amazon for 360:
http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Rising-2...CA64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335453026&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='benjamouth']I'm guessing this is a permanent price drop, you can get it for $19.99 on GoD as well.[/QUOTE]
Newegg too.

Guess it is time I played the first Dead Rising before picking this up. Capcom should make a Dead Rising 2 collection.

Both games on one disc since they're pretty much the same game just different main character perspectives, least that's my impression.

Edit: Forgot about the sandbox mode as well.

Be nice if they dropped the PC version too.

The PC version of regular Dead Rising 2 was the one to get, you got way more zombies on screen than on 360/PS3

[quote name='blindinglights']If that's the new MSRP, I might as well wait for $15 or less.[/QUOTE]The vanilla is a GH so my guess is we'll either see a $30 DR2 GH "complete" edition with the other 2 maintaining a $20 MSRP. Wonder if they include the original DR too.

Your $15 price could be achieved on BF or maybe via @gamer coupon.

[quote name='Enuf']The vanilla is a GH so my guess is we'll either see a $30 DR2 GH "complete" edition with the other 2 maintaining a $20 MSRP. Wonder if they include the original DR too.

Your $15 price could be achieved on BF or maybe via @gamer coupon.[/QUOTE]

Greatest Hits? Is there more DLC for Dead Rising 2 that's not included in Off the Record?

[quote name='Namerson']Greatest Hits? Is there more DLC for Dead Rising 2 that's not included in Off the Record?[/QUOTE]

If by DLC you mean the costumes that add ability, I don't think so. The costume DLC from DR2 is scattered throughout DR2 OTR and collecting and wearing the complete costume adds extra abilities.

However there is new DLC for DR2 OTR that adds more costumes/abilities.

Thanks op, went down to get a used copy and he had one some guy had just traded in, no plastic wrap but still had the MS security seal on. The tables have turned for once.

For someone who has played DR2 to completion, and has no desire for a free roam mode and wants to do story only, would this be worth playing?

[quote name='sgand']For someone who has played DR2 to completion, and has no desire for a free roam mode and wants to do story only, would this be worth playing?[/QUOTE]

Only if you're a big fan of Frank West. I personally didn't care for Chuck so I traded my copy of 2 a year ago and used that credit for Off the Record, worked out well. I like the new zone, too, but the "what if?" storyline was pretty disappointing so it sounds like this isn't a good recommendation for you.

[quote name='don_juan_darko']I've seen this drop to $17.99 @ newegg.com at least a couple of times.[/QUOTE]

I got it from newegg end of last month for 13 bucks

[quote name='Namerson']Greatest Hits? Is there more DLC for Dead Rising 2 that's not included in Off the Record?[/QUOTE]Unsure of the DLC as these games haven't left the backlog yet but I seen the GH packing on the vanilla DR2 in BB for some time now so DR2 OTR will certainly take on the GH title too just based on it being the "same" game.

Okay I'm confused. So DR2: OTR is a completely different game from DR2? I was under the assumption that DR2: OTR is just DR2 with a expansion pack. Welp.

[quote name='Namerson']Okay I'm confused. So DR2: OTR is a completely different game from DR2? I was under the assumption that DR2: OTR is just DR2 with a expansion pack. Welp.[/QUOTE]
DR 2 OTR is DR 2 with Frank West and a free roam

Thanks for this. I finished DR:2 recently and wouldn't mind a bit more of the same. I missed the $17.99 sale, but this is good enough.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Does this game have an online pass? I want it for co-op.[/QUOTE]

Nope, but be warned, a lot of people have a strange glitch with co-op. It's not game-breaking, just, every time I've saved in 2 or this while playing co-op it boots the other player...so there's like a one minute downtime re-inviting them and such.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes, I grabbed a copy earlier (GS)[/QUOTE]
Nice, thanks. I have to go traveling which is near a BB and a GS tomorrow so I will grab a copy. I was waiting for a cheap ass PC version but this is good enough for me because Capcom gets greedy with PC releases and prices.

[quote name='lwhitit']I got it from newegg end of last month for 13 bucks[/QUOTE]

Interesting, and I thought I got a great deal getting the original version for $14.99 from Amazon last holiday season. :/

Now the ultimate question is this: Is it worth buying the "Off The Record" Edition if you own the original? It seems low (even of Capcom) to not include the original character as playable in this version, enticing people to buy both versions.

[quote name='don_juan_darko']Interesting, and I thought I got a great deal getting the original version for $14.99 from Amazon last holiday season. :/

Now the ultimate question is this: Is it worth buying the "Off The Record" Edition if you own the original? It seems low (even of Capcom) to not include the original character as playable in this version, enticing people to buy both versions.[/QUOTE]

I think your decision to buy this version if you already own DR2 will depend on your desire for the sandbox mode and if you care about the story from Frank's point of view. Also if you like the picture taking from the 1st (personally did not) then this will satisfy that also. Otherwise, I think DR2 is more than enough game for the zombie loving fan.

Well, Shaq Fu. I just bought this from Play Asia, paying much more shipping, thinking I got a deal. Now, I'm afraid to cancel it since I got Shadows of the Damned on Deal of the Day and I definitely don't want to pay full price for this. Hrrrrrm.

[quote name='GUNNM']DR 2 OTR is DR 2 with Frank West and a free roam[/QUOTE]

plus, there's some sort of 'game breaker' $5 DLC which might be worth looking into.

I think the 'game breaker' DLC allows players to basically use modes or tweaks previously only available to dev and QA staff members. pretty neat concept.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']plus, there's some sort of 'game breaker' $5 DLC which might be worth looking into.

I think the 'game breaker' DLC allows players to basically use modes or tweaks previously only available to dev and QA staff members. pretty neat concept.[/QUOTE]

Game breaker used to be called a cheat code.

I like everything except the $5 price tag, but this is Capcom we are talking about.

Grabbed a used copy today at gamestop. This was actually one of my best gamestop experiences ever. I walked in, picked up the game, the girl didn't ask me to preorder anything, tell me my PUR is expiring, no nothing. Just rang the game up, carded me (which was kinda funny seeing I am 25), and said thank you.

Now to contemplate starting this game or continue working on Driver SF :whistle2:k

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Grabbed a used copy today at gamestop. This was actually one of my best gamestop experiences ever. I walked in, picked up the game, the girl didn't ask me to preorder anything, tell me my PUR is expiring, no nothing. Just rang the game up, carded me (which was kinda funny seeing I am 25), and said thank you.

Now to contemplate starting this game or continue working on Driver SF :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

was she hot? :hot:

I"m fairly confident this will be a new MSRP real soon???

Why?

Because all version are $19.99 at the Capcom store and those bastards never drop their prices..

The bonus is that they have the uranus zone t-shirt as a free bundled item but the downside is you have to pay rediculous shipping fees and wait forever (1-2) weeks for your items.

bread's done
Back