- - - - -

CAG Fitbit Group - Walk This Way!

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17959 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Join the CAG Fitbit Group on Fitbit.com

What is fitbit?

Fitbit at Amazon
Posted Image Fitbit Wireless Activity/Sleep Tracker
Posted Image Fitbit WiFi Scale

Edited by CheapyD, 21 May 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#9 caltab   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1645 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

Joined the group. I got a jawbone up back when they were giving them away for free around Xmas, I liked it but it broke after a weak. Decided to try out a fitbit. It was between that and the nike fuel band- people seem to prefer the fitbit. These devices arent as accurate as a heart rate monitor watch, but they are less of a pain to deal with(heart rate monitors require a chest strap)

If you like tracking food calories I'd recommend myfitnesspal.com to compliment your fitbit. its way better than fitbits website and can actually be linked with your fitbit. It's a free site/app.

edit: I used it on my treadmill and it was way off (by 20 percent). But, you can calibrate your walking and running stride under your profile. This website is really good for figuring out your stride:

http://www.tech4o.co...ail.aspx?id=181

You count how many steps you do in a known distance and enter it in and it will tell you your distance. After making the adjustment I tried it again and it was way more accurate.

Edited by caltab, 13 May 2012 - 03:24 AM.