Free Microsoft 1600 Points Card with Max Payne 3 Xbox 360 purchase at TRU (In-store)

boogie4114

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I just got an e-mail from Toysrus about this promo and is exclusive to RewardsRUs members only. Should be good till Saturday as the e-mail didn't say Tuesday only on it.

Sorry I don't have a link to back this up as this is not on their site unless I missed something.

[quote name='boogie4114']I just got an e-mail from Toysrus about this promo and is exclusive to RewardsRUs members only. Should be good till Saturday as the e-mail didn't say Tuesday only on it.

Sorry I don't have a link to back this up as this is not on their site unless I missed something.[/QUOTE]
051312D_EM_TRU_RotoTestSUC-GiftCard_24.jpg

b8we3k.jpg

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Wish there was a way to PM this at Best Buy, but they don't do bundles/free items.[/QUOTE]Very YMMV on this but at least they're trying but my guess is if they did it how'd they ring it up would ruin your chance for a Max Payne price match down the line which would be better. Your going end up getting at least $20 back on the purchase from a price match to go along with the $20 BB gc either of which would net you the 1600 MS points.

[quote name='Enuf']Very YMMV on this but at least they're trying but my guess is if they did it how'd they ring it up would ruin your chance for a Max Payne price match down the line which would be better. Your going end up getting at least $20 back on the purchase from a price match to go along with the $20 BB gc either of which would net you the 1600 MS points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is true. I just hope it goes on sale somewhere for $40 within 45 days after I pick it up.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah that is true. I just hope it goes on sale somewhere for $40 within 45 days after I pick it up.[/QUOTE]make sure you actually pickup the game as late in the week as possible since getting it on fri/sat actually means you get another week of ads that you could potentially price match from & fully expand your pm window. Honestly, at this point in the system lifecycle there's not going to be any games that don't hit $40 w/i 45 days(well maybe the obscure titles). If skyrim & COD do it & they sell the most why would any other company have a reason not too.

[quote name='Enuf']make sure you actually pickup the game as late in the week as possible since getting it on fri/sat actually means you get another week of ads that you could potentially price match from & fully expand your pm window. Honestly, at this point in the system lifecycle there's not going to be any games that don't hit $40 w/i 45 days(well maybe the obscure titles). If skyrim & COD do it & they sell the most why would any other company have a reason not too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is my thought as well. Most games hit $40. My plan is to leave the game sealed and return it on day 44 if no $40 price is reached.

What is the proper day to pick it up again? The details say you need to pick it up by May 21st, but I am thinking getting it May 20th to be safe.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah that is my thought as well. Most games hit $40. My plan is to leave the game sealed and return it on day 44 if no $40 price is reached.

What is the proper day to pick it up again? The details say you need to pick it up by May 21st, but I am thinking getting it May 20th to be safe.[/QUOTE]Getting it on the 19th will max out your 45 day pm window.

[quote name='Enuf']Getting it on the 19th will max out your 45 day pm window.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks. Why isn't it the 20th since that is a Sunday?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Alright thanks. Why isn't it the 20th since that is a Sunday?[/QUOTE]game releases on tues 15 & must be p/u'd w/i 5 days of release. There may be errors on the dates but that's how all the other BB pre-order deals work for release week so I wouldn't chance it since that would negate the $20 gc altogether. And I doubt the extra would matter since that week of sales would already be in effect in 42 days anyways.

[quote name='Enuf']game releases on tues 15 & must be p/u'd w/i 5 days of release. There may be errors on the dates but that's how all the other BB pre-order deals work for release week so I wouldn't chance it since that would negate the $20 gc altogether. And I doubt the extra would matter since that week of sales would already be in effect in 42 days anyways.[/QUOTE]

I always forget to factor in the "extra" 15 days. I was doing the math for 30 days (so Sunday to Sunday), but since it's 2 weeks+1 day that would make it Sat+1=Sunday+6 weeks (approx).

Thanks for the info. Would be awesome to get MP3 for $20 on release.

This might sound dumb but will my rewards account ever expire? I think the last thing I bought was Red Dead Redemption when it came out.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I always forget to factor in the "extra" 15 days. I was doing the math for 30 days (so Sunday to Sunday), but since it's 2 weeks+1 day that would make it Sat+1=Sunday+6 weeks (approx).

Thanks for the info. Would be awesome to get MP3 for $20 on release.[/QUOTE]I keep saying I'm gonna make a BB price matching thread since the way I do it can be easily copied & most people don't have the dedication to keep getting that extra $10-$20 it would make it very easy to follow.

[quote name='Buzzman']This might sound dumb but will my rewards account ever expire? I think the last thing I bought was Red Dead Redemption when it came out.[/QUOTE]nope not that I know off.

[quote name='Enuf']game releases on tues 15 & must be p/u'd w/i 5 days of release. There may be errors on the dates but that's how all the other BB pre-order deals work for release week so I wouldn't chance it since that would negate the $20 gc altogether. And I doubt the extra would matter since that week of sales would already be in effect in 42 days anyways.[/QUOTE]

Seems the Max Payne offer is different in regards to the details unless I missed something. You'd want to it up on the 20th/21st to get an extra week of ads for PM possibilities.:
To qualify for this offer, you must be a Reward Zone program Gamers Club member, 17 or older, at time of game pickup or shipment. Game must be pre-ordered by 5/14/12. Purchase your pre-order as follows: (1) If you pre-order the game for PS3 or Xbox 360 in-store or online for In-Store Pick Up, purchase and pick up by 5/21/12; (2) if you pre-order the game for PC in-store or online for In-Store Pick Up, purchase and pick up by 6/4/12; (3) if you pre-order the game for PS3 or Xbox 360 online for ship to home, pre-order will be processed and shipped on or about 5/15/12; or (4) if you pre-order the game for PC online for ship to home, pre-order will be processed and shipped on or about 5/29/12. Please provide member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Qualified Reward Zone Gamers Club members will receive a $10 Best Buy gift card; qualified Gamers Club Unlocked members will receive a $20 Best Buy gift card. If you are not a member at time of pre-order, you must become a member by time of game pickup or shipment. If you join on the day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup. Limit one gift card per member. Offer valid in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com. Gift card will be sent to email address provided at time of pre-order. Gift cards are good for future purchases and subject to terms and conditions. No dealers. No rainchecks.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003

I'm still on the fence on whether I should get Max Payne 3 or Diablo 3. I would have purchased a XBL points card anyways with the $20 GC and don't have a Silver RZ account so my PM window is only 30 days. Thanks for the heads up on this deal, boogie4114.

[quote name='Enuf']the reason the added day can be used is if your doing in-store p/u. But this won't work for reg. store pre-ordered/purchases waiting will negate the $20 gc.[/QUOTE]

Why would waiting till the 20th/21st to pick up the game negate the $20 giftcard when it's stated that you'll still be eligible if you do so?

*edit
If possible could we continue our discussion in the Best Buy Max Payne thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are deals like this usually only one per Rewards account or should I be able to pick up my buddy a copy and get a free card for him too?

Is this given out in store? The last RewardsRUs thing I tried was for the free Skylanders with $100 purchase that was supposed to be emailed within 3 weeks and I never got jack. Ended up returning it all because Dr. Shaq them.

[quote name='DomLando']Has this been confirmed? I don't see it in the ad or on the site.[/QUOTE]

Same. I have a TRU gift card that I want to use, so this would be a pretty decent offer.

[quote name='DomLando']Has this been confirmed? I don't see it in the ad or on the site.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kappaman210']Same. I have a TRU gift card that I want to use, so this would be a pretty decent offer.[/QUOTE]

the fine print

*Quantities limited; no rain checks. Limit one per Guest. Membership number must be presented at time of purchase in order to receive offer. Code for downloadable character will be sent to the email address provided on Rewards Member account, 2-4 weeks after promotion ends. **Valid email address required to enroll in Rewards"R"Us. Offer valid USA only. ‡Date subject to change. ‡‡Quantities limited; no rain checks. Offer valid 5/13-5/19/12.

[quote name='Enuf']I keep saying I'm gonna make a BB price matching thread since the way I do it can be easily copied & most people don't have the dedication to keep getting that extra $10-$20 it would make it very easy to follow.[/QUOTE]

At this point its a pretty sweet deal. Because just about every game drops to at least $40 within 30 or 45 (for silver) days of release you get the game you want at basically $40 at launch or in this case and ME3 $20 because they also had a $20 e-gift card as well. Its a much better deal once you have some credit built up so you don't have to lay down cash when getting games but keeping a consistent flow of credit incoming is a whole different discussion.

My local Us R Idiots didn't know about the game. They also apparently didn't have it in. I asked her to check the stockroom, since this has happened to me before, but she didn't find it there either.

Not surprisingly, she had no idea about the offer. She didn't see any signs on the shelves about it. She did ask the manager, but he seemed about as clueless.

Hopefully this'll work in your area, it didn't in mine.

EDIT: Other stores in my area (but not close enough) had the game and knew about the deal. I even called TRU Customer Service, and they confirmed that my store is the only one in miles that doesn't have the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the game before work today. They didn't have it out on the floor but the sales rep got it from the back. He had no idea about the deal and they only had a couple of 1600 point cards left, but it went through with no issues.

No signs at my TRU about the promo and associate didn't hear about it. Good thing had my phone with the email. I'm happy it went the way it did, expected worse.

are there signs at the store about this? im about to go in a bit. Is it possible someone can forward me the email or something? I would appreciate it. I signed up for the reward thing just now. but obviously wont receive the max payne 3 email. my email is kojimafan[@]gmail.com

There was a sign in front of Max Payne 3 at my TRU confirming a free 1600 pt card with pruchase. So, I purchased! No problem, got both the game and a free 1600 MS pt card.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']are there signs at the store about this? im about to go in a bit. Is it possible someone can forward me the email or something? I would appreciate it. I signed up for the reward thing just now. but obviously wont receive the max payne 3 email. my email is kojimafan[@]gmail.com[/QUOTE]

You don't need the email. Just used the member card. Have the employee ring up the points card along with the game. This should be a computerized process. Why do you think the email would help you if it doesn't work automatically? This is ToysRus. If it doesn't ring up properly, your chances of getting the deal by talking your way into it...are ZERO.

Went to the toys r us in Alhambra and the deal went smoothly. Guy who rang me up had to look for the ad. There was a notification in front of the 1600 cards that talked about the deal.

How is everyone receiving their DLC character? The people in my store knew nothing about it, and I just opened it and it wasn't in there to my surprise.

If it is a physical card being handed out then I probably got screwed out of it.

Edit: Nevermind read the fine print of the e-mail

Code for downloadable character will be sent to the email address provided on Rewards Member account, 2-4 weeks after promotion ends. ‡Valid email address required to enroll in Rewards"R"Us.

Do we need to have pre-ordered the game at Toys R Us to get the character skin? I went in and the woman who rang me up was not entirely sure how I was supposed to get the character. I see here that I will get it in the e-mail, but I do not know if I had to pre-order.

[quote name='Nikolai_Krane']Do we need to have pre-ordered the game at Toys R Us to get the character skin? I went in and the woman who rang me up was not entirely sure how I was supposed to get the character. I see here that I will get it in the e-mail, but I do not know if I had to pre-order.[/QUOTE]Wondering this too as I recall reading somewhere that TRU had MP1 skin for pre-orders. Seems like it was on the rockstar website, although it could have been in a forum and we all know how reliable that intel could be.;)

I meant to post this yesterday but didn't get to. There may be issues with the 1600 pt cards being free if they're not the generic white/green/orange ones. I rang one up for a guest yesterday with the Gears themed 1600 MS points card and the register didn't change the price of it to $0. So I switched the card out for a regular one and it worked. YMMV on getting an override on it, but of course it doesn't really matter. I'm posting this more as a warning that if the cashier & manager aren't aware of this, it could take a while as they try to figure out why it's not working.

[quote name='jza1218']Gotta love TRU. Have the game but never got any supply of points cards to go with the deal.[/QUOTE]

lol that sucks... I guess i'll go check out my local TRU during my lunch break and hope they have cards :/

[quote name='Gertle627']I meant to post this yesterday but didn't get to. There may be issues with the 1600 pt cards being free if they're not the generic white/green/orange ones. I rang one up for a guest yesterday with the Gears themed 1600 MS points card and the register didn't change the price of it to $0. So I switched the card out for a regular one and it worked. YMMV on getting an override on it, but of course it doesn't really matter. I'm posting this more as a warning that if the cashier & manager aren't aware of this, it could take a while as they try to figure out why it's not working.[/QUOTE]

The ones I got had Dance Central on it and it worked fine.

The sign posted at my TRU actually had a list of the eligible cards on it, which helped.

Anyway, I just looked at my receipt and I'm... confused. When you take advantage of a deal, TRU always prints the 'refund price' for the games. It lists the refund price for Max Payne 3 as $45. So, if I return MP3, I apparently got a 1600 card for $15 instead of $20.

Is it listed this way for everyone, or is my TRU just weird?

[quote name='007']The sign posted at my TRU actually had a list of the eligible cards on it, which helped.

Anyway, I just looked at my receipt and I'm... confused. When you take advantage of a deal, TRU always prints the 'refund price' for the games. It lists the refund price for Max Payne 3 as $45. So, if I return MP3, I apparently got a 1600 card for $15 instead of $20.

Is it listed this way for everyone, or is my TRU just weird?[/QUOTE]

My receipt has the same info.

bread's done
Back