Metro 2033 (OnLive) $5 today only

Metro 2033 is quite literally on sale just about everywhere today. If you're the type of person that can't run it because of your rig, solid deal, but if you can (game still looks good even on low), it's 5 dollars on Steam, Amazon, Gamersgate, etc too.

Even if you have a budget gaming PC, I'd look at the other sales before settling on OnLive. I run the game on a Radeon 6770, dual core and 4 gigs of ram, and get good results on high.

OnLive is still around? This is the first that I've heard anything from them in about 8 months. I hadn't given them any thought, but if I had, I would have assumed that they'd have gone out of business.

Not that I'm rooting for them to go under. But considering how little hype that I've seen from this service lately, I'm surprised that they're still up and running.

[quote name='Corpekata']Metro 2033 is quite literally on sale just about everywhere today. If you're the type of person that can't run it because of your rig, solid deal, but if you can (game still looks good even on low), it's 5 dollars on Steam, Amazon, Gamersgate, etc too.[/QUOTE]

Oh thanks for the head's up man. I think I'll pick it up over on Gamersgate (since it's steamworks) and take advantage of the extra 15% IGN discount.

Onlive was on fire a year ago with releases and promotions. Since Summer '11, they've been relatively lackluster. Releases that go right to the Playpack and not for purchase, a lack of AAA releases, and meager promotions. Plus there were a bunch of promised releases that never showed up. I think a VP left and things shifted into neutral for some reason. I have a backlog of games on that service I should really get around to playing sometime.

Thanks OP. It's funny when I saw it on sale on steam, I had to double check to see if I owned it. Sure enough, I have the Steam and OnLive version.

bread's done
Back