Blur (Xbox 360) @ BB for $15 + Tax

I remember the month this game came out, I got it for what, $11? Those deals are one in a million. Another reason why its worth checking CAG every day you can!

I LOVED this game, played all summer long when it came out. It didn't do that well unfortunately because it came out a week after red dead redemption was released.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']I remember the month this game came out, I got it for what, $11? Those deals are one in a million. Another reason why its worth checking CAG every day you can![/QUOTE]

True, I think I got it for $11 bucks at Target myself...

It's been this price since at least last fall but still a good deal on a sorely overlooked game. It's like a realistic Mario Kart but without a "blue shell" mechanic.

The studio that developed it was shut down by Activision after they were ordered to do a James Bond tie in game with very little development time alloted to them. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/14/bizarre-creations-shuts-down-officially-on-friday.aspx The game bombed critically and commercially (for good reason). It was a shame since these werre the same dudes who did Project Gotham Racing and Geometry Wars, both great franchises.

[quote name='MochaRaf']True, I think I got it for $11 bucks at Target myself...[/QUOTE]

I got it for $10 at Best Buy; I can't remember why but it was a long ass time ago. I'm guessing close to two years ago.

I think BB had a RZ coupon for it at the same time Activision had a $ off coupon for it.

Regardless I wasn't too impressed with the game and it's sat on my shelf ever since.

Pretty good deal for this at any price under $20 IMO.

I found one @ Target (clearance endcap) for like $6.95 or something a few months ago.

Yeah I remember this was $10 at Best Buy around when it came out. I believe Best Buy had a $10 off coupon and there was a $20 MFR coupon (or vice versa) and the game was on sale for $40, thus making it $10.

[quote name='GBAstar']I got it for $10 at Best Buy; I can't remember why but it was a long ass time ago. I'm guessing close to two years ago.

I think BB had a RZ coupon for it at the same time Activision had a $ off coupon for it.

Regardless I wasn't too impressed with the game and it's sat on my shelf ever since.[/QUOTE]

I believe there was a $20 manufacturer's coupon that was combined with the $29.99 sale price, making it $10... IIRC.

Such a good game, very underrated. If you haven't played it, grab it at this price. Unless you can get it cheaper of course.

[quote name='GBAstar']

[/QUOTE]

I still have the receipt.

Myrecept.jpg

[quote name='coldgears']I still have the receipt.

Myrecept.jpg
[/QUOTE]Fairless Hills BB near Barnes +Noble they always have overstock of CE/LE's gotta love em when there's drops.

[quote name='garrett007']I LOVED this game, played all summer long when it came out. It didn't do that well unfortunately because it came out a week after red dead redemption was released.[/QUOTE]

There was also Split/Second and Alan Wake which released a week before Blur as well. A crowded time.

Online is probably dead or close to it by now. Last time I played a few months ago, maybe two or three playlists had people actually playing. Motor Mash and some of the later playlists were wastelands unfortunately. Loved Mother Mash and the multiplayer was fun back when it was active.

Still, for $15, can't go wrong, even if most of the action you'll get now is from the single player.

Funny how it's more expensive now, this game was $10 after manufacturer's coupon like 3 weeks after release as mentioned earlier

This game was a ton of fun. On the Xbox there is usually about 200 people online throughout the day. About half of those people are pretty freaking amazing at this game though, so don't expect to win a lot lol

[quote name='JStryke']There was also Split/Second and Alan Wake which released a week before Blur as well. A crowded time.

Online is probably dead or close to it by now. Last time I played a few months ago, maybe two or three playlists had people actually playing. Motor Mash and some of the later playlists were wastelands unfortunately. Loved Mother Mash and the multiplayer was fun back when it was active.

Still, for $15, can't go wrong, even if most of the action you'll get now is from the single player.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about how active the online community was, it was very fun online. Who's down to hop on at some time and play?

Oh man, good times. I picked up 4 $10 copies with the double coupons at Best Buy back in June 2010. Sold 3 on eBay, all to Canadians which was weird, and traded one to GameStop for $20. This was my first GameStop trade in ever.

The Beta was a lot of fun, but I had enough of Blur racing by the time release came around. For every Beta signup, you got an instant Xbox LIVE 48 hour code + a Beta code. Many people stocked up on LIVE trials through it.

Blur was the game that kept on giving.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I believe there was a $20 manufacturer's coupon that was combined with the $29.99 sale price, making it $10... IIRC.[/QUOTE]

I had forgotten what a good deal this was. I remember refreshing the cag forum waiting to see if the coupons worked with the sale price. The look on that cashiers face when I walked out with a new game less than a month old for 10 bucks priceless, haha. Great game back then, don't know if anyone still plays online.

[quote name='meta460085']I was wondering about how active the online community was, it was very fun online. Who's down to hop on at some time and play?[/QUOTE]

I'm down. I'll make sure to send a friend request if you have the game for 360. I bought this game a while back during one of the old Blockbuster B1G1's. I'm itching to give it a try after reading all the praise in this thread.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah I remember this was $10 at Best Buy around when it came out. I believe Best Buy had a $10 off coupon and there was a $20 MFR coupon (or vice versa) and the game was on sale for $40, thus making it $10.[/QUOTE]

I should've joined CAG back then, lol. I didn't know about it. That's a crazy price though giving the circumstances.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm down. I'll make sure to send a friend request if you have the game for 360. I bought this game a while back during one of the old Blockbuster B1G1's. I'm itching to give it a try after reading all the praise in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Cool I'm Meta4ik on PSN and XBL also, Tech N9ne is the shizz.

The game was a sleeper hit, and looking int the PC version files they did have DLC for it but Activision used Blur's failure as an excuse to shut Bizarre Creations down.

Still a great game, particularly if you have friends in voice chat and can work together.
Just be aware that there are a few game glitches that have never been fixed like being able to use near infinite nitros with the drifter mod.

bread's done
Back