Recomend some games to a new PS3 owner

popular penguin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I got rid of my Xbox 360 and got a PS3. I already have a few games, but I only got them because they were on sale/free. This is my collection so far: Uncharted 1 & 3, Assassin's Creed Revelations (bundled with the first Assassin's Creed), Little Big Planet 1 & 2, Infamous 1, Modern Warfare 3, Dead Nation, and Journey.

Can you guys give me some recommendations on what games to buy? If you could only keep one game in your collection, which game would it be?

Note: I REALLY like cooperative games and I hate sports games.

My must-have PS3 games:
Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
Infamous 2
Killzone 2
Ratchet & Clank PS3 games (2 disc based, & one downloadable)
Shatter
Pixeljunk Monsters
Super Stardust HD
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3 version runs the best)
Mortal Kombat (PS3 version runs the best)
LA Noir (PS3 version runs the best)

And if I could only keep one of my PS3 games it would be Uncharted 2

Alright heres what u need to play on ps3 buddy:

Heavy Rain
MGS4
God of War 3 & both collections in hd
Ico and Shadow of Collussus hd
LA Noire
Heavy Rain
Sorcery(if u have a ps move)
Resistance 3
Killzone 3
Starhawk
Uncharted 2
Infamous 2
Jak HD Collection
Ratchet and Clank games (all of them except all for one)
Sly Cooper HD Collection
Datura(pretty cool game)
Closure
Max Payne 3(only in 720p though)
Afrika
Tales of Graces F
Batman: AC (goty edition)

Pixel Junk (Eden, Monsters, Shooter)
You Don't Know Jack is fun
Singstar if you like music games but don't like all the accessories
Awesomenauts
Auditorium is a fun game
Dungeon Defenders
Eufloria
Okabu is some great co-op fun
same with Deathspank
Hoard
Fat Princess is ok for a while most people find it too repetitive

I'm not sure but i tried to pick games you might have passed on.

In the future it does help if you give better parameters.. say list three games that you enjoy. (not like a best of or anything just any three)

I second on the resistance series. Also make sure you don't skip uncharted 2. I love inFamous but the sequel felt like a reskin to me.

So if you guys can recommend only ONE game, which would it be? It going to take a while to sift through all of these recommended games, so try to boil it down to one game.

If it would help with the recommendation, these are my top five favorite games of all time: Ninja Gaiden (Xbox Original), Metal Slug 3 (Arcade), Shadow of the Colossus (PS2), Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES), Bubble Bobble (NES).

if you like old school zelda (1st one on nes, a link to the past on snes) then do yourself a favor and get 3d Dot Game Heroes. you can probably pick it up for like $10

you should check out that ultimate sale on psn and pick up infamous 2 and any other game set you havent played. the only other games id vouch for on that are jc2 ( though its cheaper to get the disk sans dlc) and mortal kombat and the red dead/ undead set. and skyrim you cant have a this gen console and not have a copy of skyrim.

If I could only keep one game in my collection... I think it would be Uncharted 2. The PS Store also has all of the multiplayer DLC for the game Free for a limited time right now.

If I had to pick 1, Uncharted 2.

But just a few more... Judging from Ninja Gaiden and Metal Slug being on your favorites list, I'm going to assume you like hard games? I haven't played them, but Demon's/Dark Souls might be up your alley. Also, there are Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2, which are just the original 2 games but with bonus PS3 content. The Yakuza games are also pretty fun. You can get either 3 or 4 fo around $20 each, or if you like zombies, Y: Dead Souls came out not too long ago, but i think it's still full price. As for non-exclusive stuff, the Bioshocks are very good, Dead Island, Dead Rising 2/On The Record, SingStar (if you plan to have people over, it's a great party game), Saints Row 3, Enslaved, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Just Cause 2.

And a quick downloadable overview. Trine/2, flOw is fun and on sale right now but isn't everyone's cup of tea, Bomberman Ultra for a party game, and Scott Pilgrim.

bread's done
Back