Target + Duke nukem Forever + Exclusive = $10

Mistanelsin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
TARGET has DNF for $10. This includes their exclusive 3-D poster. The poster is actually pretty neat looking. To bad they had to fold it 16 times to fit it in the case. A lot of people seem to hate this game, but a deal is a deal.

[quote name='cficare']Best Buy has it for $2.99[/QUOTE]

Yup, picked it up a while ago at $2.99. Some might argue that I overpaid.

[quote name='BowserG']Yup, picked it up a while ago at $2.99. Some might argue that I overpaid.[/QUOTE]

for less than you probably pay for lunch? no way is 2.99 an overpay.

I got it free from Amazon digital downloads and can say I will only play it further out of curiosity. How far did I get you ask? I peed in a toilet and had enough. It's not that pee pee is too high brow for me, I love a good poop joke, it was they way the game felt. Dated.

[quote name='squishface']If only I could get the balls of steel edition for that price lol[/QUOTE]

This is my price point. Somehow I'm 100% confident that I'll see that price in the next few months.

[quote name='Mistanelsin']Haters gonna hate.[/QUOTE]

This is regular price. We don't post regular prices in the deals section when there are hundreds upon hundreds of copies sitting in stores.

[quote name='limelight022']I beat the game already and if werent for those painfully long load times I wouldve liked the game a lot better.[/QUOTE]

The load times are the main reason I stopped playing after the 3rd-4th level.

I just couldn't take it anymore, I only have so much free time, it's not worth it to waste it on load screens.

[quote name='waldo21212']The load times are the main reason I stopped playing after the 3rd-4th level.

I just couldn't take it anymore, I only have so much free time, it's not worth it to waste it on load screens.[/QUOTE]
Still havent played the game. Are the loads times so long that you want to get up and go get something to eat/drink/or go pee. However they were just short enough were you couldnt. Or were they so long you could grill a steak and some veggies then eat it and they still were not done.

can u please post a pic of the poster? can't find one online. thanks

[quote name='Mistanelsin']TARGET has DNF for $10. This includes their exclusive 3-D poster. The poster is actually pretty neat looking. To bad they had to fold it 16 times to fit it in the case. A lot of people seem to hate this game, but a deal is a deal.[/QUOTE]

I still have it in the wrapper on the shelf from my $2.99 Best Buy purchase. reluctant to open it for fear of the suck.

[quote name='bob_793']Still havent played the game. Are the loads times so long that you want to get up and go get something to eat/drink/or go pee. However they were just short enough were you couldnt. Or were they so long you could grill a steak and some veggies then eat it and they still were not done.[/QUOTE]

As with all my games I install them to the hard drive...for DNF it doesnt help whatsoever. If you die, restart a checkpoint or do chapter select, expect 30-45 seconds on a load screen that plays a short terrible loop of generic "heavy" metal along with the usual "hints" at the bottom of the screen that repeat over and over.

(Mildly off topic)

You can hate me now -- but the upcoming Aliens Colonial Marines is looking more & more like the life Duke Nukem Forver: Years in development, perpetual delays, and Randy Pitchford quotes about now great it's gonna be.

In conclusion, 1 year from now there will be an ACM thread just like this DNF one.

NOTE: I bought DNF for $60 the day it came out and I also love Alien(s).

Seriously, it is. It was $9.99 at most retailers December 2011. I bought my copy for around $10 back when the game was $30. I sold it for $16. I later got the 3D edition from Target for $6 and sold that one for $16. I tried to buy one from Best Buy for $3, but they wouldn't ship to my house for some reason or to my local store or let me pick it up from my local store. $10 is an awful deal. When it goes down to $5, I just may buy it again. Fool me once, shame on you 3D Realms, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times and I must be a major Duke Nukem Forever fan.

I'm not mad haha. Where I live stores are still selling it for $30. So factoring that and the fact it had an exclusive bundled with it I figured I'd spread the word. I knew as soon as my post contained anything DNF I would prob get flamed anyways.

Oh, and about what the poster looks like: It's simply the cover art in anaglyph format. The 3d effect is marred by the wrinkles to some extent, but it still 'pops' if thats your thing.

its all good man, caused me to scope it out yesterday. Obviously there is a little sticker on the front cover promoting the poster, so don't grab it if you don't see it. Store I was at had 2 in the wired cases, one with sticker, one without..

[quote name='blinknot4'](Mildly off topic)

You can hate me now -- but the upcoming Aliens Colonial Marines is looking more & more like the life Duke Nukem Forver: Years in development, perpetual delays, and Randy Pitchford quotes about now great it's gonna be.

In conclusion, 1 year from now there will be an ACM thread just like this DNF one.

NOTE: I bought DNF for $60 the day it came out and I also love Alien(s).[/QUOTE]

(also off topic, sorry)

NOOOOO! I have such high hopes for this game.........
From what I understand, Gearbox got handed a bag of crap with DNF - they didn't develop it completely from the start..... who knows.

A single tear runs down my cheek.... mixed Prometheus reviews.... and now possibly ACM being crap - where has all the good Aliens stuff gone?

I was just going to say, I picked up 2 copies of the Balls of Steel Edition last week. One just to have some sweet office swag, and the other to leave in the package in hopes that the worst Duke Nukem game in history will be worth some money someday in a sealed package. :p Also, it was $15.99 like the people above had mentioned. I would wait for it to go back down in price as well.

bread's done
Back