Best Buy E3 sale June 1st-7th

1600 if you're part of the gamers club. It makes sense logically considering you get double for every point

I would love to be wrong, but I would guess the double points only applies on the points from the purchase. Meaning 120 points for a $60 title. Have not been to to BB myself to check, here's hoping I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong although I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that said 800 points for a preorder, 1600 for a gamers club member

If it's too good to be true it probably is.

It's most likely double points on the purchase itself. The 800 points itself is a promotion.

So you'd get 100RZP instead of 50.

[quote name='LtKetch']I would love to be wrong, but I would guess the double points only applies on the points from the purchase. Meaning 120 points for a $60 title. Have not been to to BB myself to check, here's hoping I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

I want to pre-order AssCreedLib and Castlevania Mirror, but their pages are missing. 25% off, plus 800 RZ points.

[quote name='Mr.']I want to pre-order AssCreedLib and Castlevania Mirror, but their pages are missing. 25% off, plus 800 RZ points.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they will give 800 RZ points for all titles. In the advert it does say select titles (top of the webpage). It might just be the $10 off which is still a good deal.

They updated the available titles to include many E3 announced games, but all are ten dollars off, no 800 bonus points. At this point Future Shop is the better deal on many of the new games.

Still no The Last of Us!

[quote name='Rastafari']I wonder if they will give 800 RZ points for all titles. In the advert it does say select titles (top of the webpage). It might just be the $10 off which is still a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they will give $20 off a $40 title, unless they are crazy.

They don't give 800RZP for every title but under the video game it says if you will get 800RZP.

How big is the list for Future Shop BTW?

[quote name='bi-gE']I don't think they will give $20 off a $40 title, unless they are crazy.[/QUOTE]

You don't keep $20 in your pocket. Just $10 off, plus you get $10 worth of RZ points. You still have to pay for the tax on the reminder $30. BB has offered 800 points on 3DS games before, it's not that much of a stretch if they decide to give 800 RZ points later on, even if you have the $10 off E3 thing.

Man bestbuy should get their stuff together. I went in there today to preorder Sleeping Dogs but it was not available in their computers, even though they lots of those preorder cards hanging up. I was only able to preorder Halo 4. I didn't even bother asking for Hitman and other games that I wanted.

[quote name='8JiN8']Man bestbuy should get their stuff together. I went in there today to preorder Sleeping Dogs but it was not available in their computers, even though they lots of those preorder cards hanging up. I was only able to preorder Halo 4. I didn't even bother asking for Hitman and other games that I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just preorder online? You can't realistically expect them to have it in their in-store system right after it's announced.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']There is no 800 RZ pts for AC Liberation and Castlevania Mirror of Fate[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they add the 800 point bonus in the future if pre orders now would still receive it? I would think yes but I'm not 100% sure.

i guess bb deal is only better if you want the option of returning anything without ruining the entire deal at FS you kinda stuck with what you order unless you want to return everything... with that which games everyone ordering? RE6 and beyond two souls looks good to me what makes last of us so good? maybe metal gear

Future Shop spreads the price of the game to all four, so $44.99. If it's anything like last year, you can return the game to the store when you receive it and not mess up your other games.

[quote name='Mikass']Future Shop spreads the price of the game to all four, so $44.99. [/QUOTE] Aww, we're paying $5 more than last year. Hmm...

I'm not even sure if I'm going to pre-order anything beyond AssLib and Castlevania Mirror. I was hoping BB would have more portable games. Preferably $10 off Gravity Rush, SFxTekken and BW2.

[quote name='Mr.']Aww, we're paying $5 more than last year. Hmm...

I'm not even sure if I'm going to pre-order anything beyond AssLib and Castlevania Mirror. I was hoping BB would have more portable games. Preferably $10 off Gravity Rush, SFxTekken and BW2.[/QUOTE]

i think he means with taxes its 44.99 per game but still 39.99 each game before taxes for 4x 59.99 games b3g1 so similar deal as last year but it seems like you have to stick with all four i think if you return one the deal is ruined if you buy at bb you still save -10 and some games have $10 rz so i guess if you cant decide on 4 games to keep for sure FS not best deal

Good to see some more games like Ni no Kuni and The Last of Us added.

When do you get the reward zone points, right away or when each game ships?

Assuming we're going with four $60 games:
$60 x 3 = $180 (buy 3)
$180 / 4 = $45 per game

Last year's FS deal was buy 3+ and get $20 off each title, so that's $40 per game. You have to watch out for these Buy X Get Y deals.

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']When do you get the reward zone points, right away or when each game ships?[/QUOTE] You get your points ~36 days after your game ships, so you can't do any returns or whatever after you get your points. And these points do expire. Speaking of which, it doesn't look like the Last of Us and Ni no Kuni has the RZ points bonus yet. You're looking at only $10 off at the moment.

[quote name='Mr.']Assuming we're going with four $60 games:
$60 x 3 = $180 (buy 3)
$180 / 4 = $45 per game

Last year's FS deal was buy 3+ and get $20 off each title, so that's $40 per game. You have to watch out for these Buy X Get Y deals.

You get your points ~36 days after your game ships, so you can't do any returns or whatever after you get your points. And these points do expire. Speaking of which, it doesn't look like the Last of Us and Ni no Kuni has the RZ points bonus yet. You're looking at only $10 off at the moment.[/QUOTE]

oh my bad good thing youre here ! haha my brain is on vacation and will never come home :p it still better than the -10 + $10 rz if youll keep 4 games for sure hmmm dang tough beyond 2 souls no rz pts its what i want to take chance on ! nooo

[quote name='Mr.']You get your points ~36 days after your game ships, so you can't do any returns or whatever after you get your points. And these points do expire. Speaking of which, it doesn't look like the Last of Us and Ni no Kuni has the RZ points bonus yet. You're looking at only $10 off at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Ok, it seems like of the 5 games I'd want only 2 come with the points, making Futureshop's deal a better value.

Hey guys, just a heads up. Make sure that when you do these pre-orders in store, that they do it right. You're supposed to be given a coupon that you will then present later to get the ten bucks off. I pre-ordered six games yesterday and got a phone call today from a guy I know who works there saying that I needed to come back and get the coupons.

It sounds like BB has done a really poor job informing their employees how this works.

Preordered Persona 4 Area. I want to preorder Ni No Kuni and Sly 4 as well, but I'll have to find where I hid my second visa card, the one that doesn't expire for another few years. :whistle2:#

[quote name='TronB']Preordered Persona 4 Area. I want to preorder Ni No Kuni and Sly 4 as well, but I'll have to find where I hid my second visa card, the one that doesn't expire for another few years. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

My only hesitance is if persona 4: arena has a collector's edition.. hmmmmmm

You can always cancel if you need to.

Pre-orders are open for some Wii U games; best picks are probably Rayman Legends ($49.99 - $10) and Pikmin 3 ($49.99 - $10). I'm tempted to put the orders in just in case...

EDIT: Never mind, prices have already been changed to $59.99. :(

[quote name='Rastafari']My only hesitance is if persona 4: arena has a collector's edition.. hmmmmmm[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rastafari']My only hesitance is if persona 4: arena has a collector's edition.. hmmmmmm[/QUOTE]

If it does get a CE, I'll cancel and order wherever the CE is being offered. But as of right now, I think $10 off is pretty good.

[quote name='Mikass']Future Shop spreads the price of the game to all four, so $44.99. If it's anything like last year, you can return the game to the store when you receive it and not mess up your other games.[/QUOTE]
I wound up afraid to return those FS games so I sold the ones I didn't want for $50 on kijiji. Pain in the ass, I wouldn't want to group games like that again so I'm going with BB. I'll probably cancel most of the 3rd party ones anyway and get them on PC digital download.

[quote name='Mr.']
You get your points ~36 days after your game ships, so you can't do any returns or whatever after you get your points. And these points do expire. Speaking of which, it doesn't look like the Last of Us and Ni no Kuni has the RZ points bonus yet. You're looking at only $10 off at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Several times recently they seem to have considered your pre-order date as your purchase date cause when certain games have shipped to me I got the points immediately as if 36 days had already passed. I returned a few of those games and my points stayed on my account. Pretty nice screw up for me.

[quote name='TronB']If it does get a CE, I'll cancel and order wherever the CE is being offered. But as of right now, I think $10 off is pretty good.
[/QUOTE]

I just looked around a little and I found this for a CE version:

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-1zja-71-bp-49-en-84-j-70-4tgj.html

Doesn't look like anything too exciting. Although Atlus CE's generally go up in value. Plus this isn't a north american release.

^ Yeah I'm really only interested in any potential NA extras.

I ended up preordering: Persona 4 Arena, Ni no Kuni, Sly 4, Grand Theft Auto V, and Metal Gear Rising. Not sure if I'll keep the last one since I haven't even played MGS3 or 4 yet, but I'm sure one of my brothers will pick it up at launch anyway....

youre right metal gear might be a big flop ... im trying to come up with 4 titles lol beyond two souls, re6 theres anthology , last of us, im thinkign watch dogs but anyone think something will better? will deadspace 3 be better?

Looks like BB added the 800 points to some newly added games that had no points yesterday. I re-ordered just to be safe. The ones I noticed were Beyond and Last of Us.

For anyone looking at 3DS games there is a bunch not listed on the E3 preorder page that qualify for the $10 off.

Paper Mario
Amazing Spiderman
Theatrhythm
New Super Mario Bros. 2

I preordered all except Spiderman, I'll save that one for the consoles if it pans out.

I preordered Borderlands 2, but balked at getting the Deluxe edition for $90. I want the Deluxe edition, but the CE just isn't tempting enough. A Marcus Kincaid bobblehead doesn't interest me. Why wasn't it Claptrap...?

I also thought about Star Trek, but the trailer makes it look like a so-so FPS.
Oh, and The Last Guardian is available with a Dec. 31 release date.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I preordered Borderlands 2, but balked at getting the Deluxe edition for $90. I want the Deluxe edition, but the CE just isn't tempting enough. A Marcus Kincaid bobblehead doesn't interest me. Why wasn't it Claptrap...?

I also thought about Star Trek, but the trailer makes it look like a so-so FPS.
Oh, and The Last Guardian is available with a Dec. 31 release date.[/QUOTE]

i'm done buying CE's of any type that have a ton of useless stuff included with them. I just ended up giving away my Halo Reach LE "statue" and my Gears 3 LE "statue"...no space for this junk anymore

anyways preordered (via BB): Borderlands 2, Halo 4, GTA5, Hitman, Dead Space 3.

All are given the extra 800 points so it helps. Will cancel later if need be

I wish the South Park game came with the 800 bonus as well as I'm looking forward to it but not enough to pay $50 (and no extra points) for it

[quote name='squirrelmaster']For anyone looking at 3DS games there is a bunch not listed on the E3 preorder page that qualify for the $10 off.[/QUOTE] Thanks, in for Paper Mario and Theatrhythm. I wish they had more for Vita. I would've liked that $10 off instead of the current $5 off for Gravity Rush and SFxT.

[quote name='kyle071785']i'm done buying CE's of any type that have a ton of useless stuff included with them. I just ended up giving away my Halo Reach LE "statue" and my Gears 3 LE "statue"...no space for this junk anymore[/QUOTE]
I saw Skyrim CE at Best Buy today for $79.99. Can anyone comment on the dragon statue?

[quote name='kyle071785']i'm done buying CE's of any type that have a ton of useless stuff included with them. I just ended up giving away my Halo Reach LE "statue" and my Gears 3 LE "statue"...no space for this junk anymore[/QUOTE]

I saw Skyrim CE at Best Buy today for $79.99...

[quote name='squirrelmaster']For anyone looking at 3DS games there is a bunch not listed on the E3 preorder page that qualify for the $10 off.

Paper Mario
Amazing Spiderman
Theatrhythm
New Super Mario Bros. 2

I preordered all except Spiderman, I'll save that one for the consoles if it pans out.[/QUOTE]

:( Why did you mention that, I preordered Theatrhythm (I don't care about the preorder stylus at EB). @_@ Anyone have any theories as to when it might drop in price after launch? I won't be playing it until after Rhythm Thief comes out, so I don't know if I should just wait a little longer for it to hit lower than $29.

I also realized The Last Story (Wii) is $10 off so of course I replaced my Amazon order with that.

bread's done
Back