Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Discussion Thread - Releases 11/13/12

Buckeye23

CAGiversary!
Reveal Trailer: http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/videos/reveal

Pre-order (4 Bonuses for Pre-ordering to sent before release EXLUSIVELY for preordering at Gamestop): http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/101864#bonusFeatures

Official Site: http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2

The game will be set in the 1980s for the first third of the game, and in 2025 for the final 2/3. The game will also have multiple choices for the player, affecting the game differently, and causing multiple DIFFERENT endings.

What are your thoughts?

I pre-ordered the game tonight, and am going to get my poster this week at Gamestop.

I'd buy it at half price if it didn't have aim assist in competetive play lol.
Aim assist in competetive play is a joke.

[quote name='Gorilla Gravy']I'll be getting it so long as I can customize my lens reticule into a pink heart again.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i hate that MW3 only has like 7 reticules and all are red.

First page, hooray.

On a sidenote, I expect this to be quite good. Black Ops' multiplayer was very well done and personally the MP portion is almost entirely what I care about in a Call of Duty game. It is the focus after all.

I wonder, with the game being set in two different time periods, if you will be able to use old style and new style weapons in the multiplayer?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']First page, hooray.

On a sidenote, I expect this to be quite good. Black Ops' multiplayer was very well done and personally the MP portion is almost entirely what I care about in a Call of Duty game. It is the focus after all.

I wonder, with the game being set in two different time periods, if you will be able to use old style and new style weapons in the multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I play through the campaign once and maybe some spec ops. Oh well zombies i will play a LOT too, but multiplayer for sure also a lot.

I would assume all weapons would be availible in multiplayer no matter the time, but then again, a twist with maps from older dates with only older weapons would be cool too.

I'm also in it for the zombies. It was the only reason I held on to Black Ops for so long. I also heard they're adding some kind of competitive mode where you go up against others and see who can survive the longest. Should be fun.

I'm done with buying these Call of Duty games at launch. Annual releases is getting like Madden... each doesn't add very much, the Elite and DLC maps are overpriced.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I'm done with buying these Call of Duty games at launch. Annual releases is getting like Madden... each doesn't add very much, the Elite and DLC maps are overpriced.[/QUOTE]

youre just figuring this out now?

I know. I'm pretty excited for this game. :D
I didn't buy MW3 and my brother took his PS3 when he moved out the past 9 months. I'm eagerly waiting for this game to be released.

Wanted to start up a thread so we can gather everyone up on CAG that will be playing Black Ops II. I'll update the main post with a list of PSN Id's and whether or not people have mic's. Thanks!
PSN ID MIC
ForeverToThee ()

This game has issues my ps3 locked up 3 times its brand new ps3 not worth risking to corrupt my HDD i even press the button and wait for it to shut down.

Played on my PS3 all night never got a hard lock but yes COD does tend to have issues first couple of weeks after launch but who's to say if it's a faulty game or system.OP add me to the list rockinjs864

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Wow I was checking out the thread and noticed that I had already posted in here. Haha, this thread has been sloooooo....w.[/QUOTE]

Dam...are people finally getting tired of cod?...its almost amazing that this thread is still on the first page

Just wondering why this thread got moved? Whoever is OP, if you don't mind taking over where I started since it's kind of pointless to have a list of people halfway through the first page.

I am assuming whack ops 2 has aim Assist like every stupid COD game this gen? You would have to pay me to play this game online.

[quote name='GBH']I am assuming whack ops 2 has aim Assist like every stupid COD game this gen? You would have to pay me to play this game online.[/QUOTE]

looks like mr 420 made a new account. :roll:

If you were be a 24 bit artist you might be cool. Funny watching a guy flip out at gaystop the other day because he didn'dt get a black ops when he preordered. Baaaaaaaaaa they all say.

[quote name='8bitArtist']oh man, you burned me so good! :applause:[/QUOTE]
I do not think 28 bit would relate to anything anyway. Sega Genesis graphics or maybe 3DO?

I hope they fix the create a class bug. It's annoying losing your builds every time you join a match, and being forced to play with the default 10.

The only question I have is...

I played Black OPS on PS3/360 and the one on PS3 lagged compared to the 360 one. Does this one have that issue about your friends list updating causing lag?

My PS3 freezes just about every time I decide to check out the players in my lobby looking at the emblems. It's happened about 6 times now. The other time it froze on me was when I was creating my own emblem.

Outside of that, been trying out the 3D on it, and it is not bad, as is the game so far for me when I'm not waiting for teams to balance...

[quote name='edson13']froze about 6 times last night. Absolutely bull that they would release something like this.[/QUOTE]

not too suprising though when dev's can just patch the shit out of the game. One of the low points on this and probably the next 8743074054730587 generations of consoles. pretty much only reason I play my old systems still.

[quote name='edson13']froze about 6 times last night. Absolutely bull that they would release something like this.[/QUOTE]

Treyarch is not known for quality CoD releases. They patch the game into oblivion within a few months and call it balancing. Glad I'm skipping this iteration.

Damn just froze on me for the second time. Loving the game though. Playing domination, killed confirmed, and zombies mostly. Add me if you want to play.

The lock up bit is getting old and some of the server issues are the same issues that Black Ops I had. You would think they would have fixed it before release considering it's basically the same game.

bread's done
Back