Turtle Beach Ear Force DX11 & Ear Force DSS - 7.1 39.99

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!
Turtle Beach Ear Force DX11 & Ear Force DSS - 7.1 Dolby Surround Gaming Headset & Processor for xBox 360 & PC
http://1saleaday.com/

Condition: Factory Refurbished
Packaging: Retail
Warranty: 90 Day
Manufacturer: Turtle Beach
SKU: DX11

does anyone know if i can hook this up to a ps3? I don't care about the mic just wondering if the surround audio will work

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading some reviews, and one reviewer claims that these won't work in conjunction with a wireless N router. Seems odd since this is a wired headset. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? I'm considering a purchase but would not want to use wireless G just to use these.

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/125...x-360-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating&dir=asc

"Not N router freindly

Posted by: 57Tbird
from WVon 06/20/2011
What's not so great: Does not work with todays standard wireless router.
The Turtle Beach products do not work if you have an N router. You have to set your wireless N router to act as a G router if you want to use this product. So your choice is to be able to hear your game on a antiquated router that significantly changes playability or play it without sound. Either way it ruins the experience. I spent two hours messing with this device trying to get it to work until i went to turtle beaches website where there the tell you the device will not work properly if you have an N wireless router. No disclaimers on the best buy site or the product itself. don't waste your time or your money unless of course you are running an old G router and it may work fine for you, but if so you're probably not gaming on line anyhow.
No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
7out of102found this review helpful.
Share this review: "

[quote name='thadwhit']I was reading some reviews, and one reviewer claims that these won't work in conjunction with a wireless N router. Seems odd since this is a wired headset. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? I'm considering a purchase but would not want to use wireless G just to use these.

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/125...x-360-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating&dir=asc

"Not N router freindly

from WVon 06/20/2011
The Turtle Beach products do not work if you have an N router. You have to set your wireless N router to act as a G router if you want to use this product. So your choice is to be able to hear your game on a antiquated router that significantly changes playability or play it without sound. Either way it ruins the experience. I spent two hours messing with this device trying to get it to work until i went to turtle beaches website where there the tell you the device will not work properly if you have an N wireless router. No disclaimers on the best buy site or the product itself. don't waste your time or your money unless of course you are running an old G router and it may work fine for you, but if so you're probably not gaming on line anyhow.
Share this review: "[/QUOTE]

It isn't immediately apparent how the router would figure into the quality of a wired headset.

+1 for the DSS -

Provided there aren't any gotchas with this deal, the DSS is definitely worth $40. I have it paired with the Razer Carcharias, and IMO, it produces very good sound.

I use it with my PC, but it can also be used with the PS360.

Thinking about it. I see comments about the item itself, but not about the website. First time I have heard of them, are they reliable?

Also, is a refurbished DX11 + DSS worth it?

[quote name='thadwhit']I was reading some reviews, and one reviewer claims that these won't work in conjunction with a wireless N router. Seems odd since this is a wired headset. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? I'm considering a purchase but would not want to use wireless G just to use these.

"Not N router freindly

from WVon 06/20/2011
Share this review: "[/QUOTE]

Quick Google search shows that he meant it for the Turtle Beach X3 or X4 series, which are wireless headsets:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=830516923

[quote name='DarkPGR']Thinking about it. I see comments about the item itself, but not about the website. First time I have heard of them, are they reliable?

Also, is a refurbished DX11 + DSS worth it?[/QUOTE]

the site is legit I've ordered form them a few times and never had any problems

I saw the post on Twitter, and bit since I hear nothing but good things about Turtle Beach headsets and the 90 day warranty seems good just in case it's DOA.

Now can someone tell me what DSS is? It seems like a big deal to you all. I've never had a gamiing headset besides the stock Microsoft headset that came with the 360.

I went ahead and ordered this bundle. I wanted to get my first pair of gaming headphones, so I have Tritton AX120s on the way from BestBuy.com from the dotd, but those have pretty so-so reviews and people say those are prone to breaking. I'll just return those. I was looking for the DSS anyways and the cheapest I found on ebay was $25-30 anyways. Thanks OP

[quote name='MechaGojira']I went ahead and ordered this bundle. I wanted to get my first pair of gaming headphones, so I have Tritton AX120s on the way from BestBuy.com from the dotd, but those have pretty so-so reviews and people say those are prone to breaking. I'll just return those. I was looking for the DSS anyways and the cheapest I found on ebay was $25-30 anyways. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was tempted to grab those a few days ago but now I'm glad I held out (didn't as well due to the mixed reviews).

Also, thanks for the DSS defining, not even googling helped me out and I only have a few minutes until work, lol.

I had this package for a bit earlier this year when Best Buy had it on sale and there was a stackable @Gamer coupon out at the time. It was okay for the brief time I was using it, but the amount of wires that was required for it to function turned me off. I had so many wires dangling that it felt they restricted my head movement and weighed me down.

I'm not a fan of any type of hats/jewelery/watches, so take that as you will. I even got my first MP3 player recently and I hate the way the earbuds fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
been looking for some DSS headphones for a minute, and more specifically, this particular model. I bought a $145 BB GC from a co-worker for $80 and was close to using that to get a pair. But you have saved me a ton with this deal.

So original poster, I salute you.

Yeah thanks OP. Had a pair of AX120 trittons for about a year and the wiring came off on the headset side at the volume console. Waiting for a replacement but grabbed a pair of these and am gonna give my Trittons to my brother or something.

Thanks. I ordered one for myself too. I just bought the X12s at BB but haven't opened them yet. This will be great with the original DSS too for $45 shipped.

Has anyone's order shipped yet? I have never ordered from them so I have no idea how long it usually takes for them to ship something out.

It said that it would ship within 5-7 business days. . .so at least it's not late until COB Tuesday.

Nada, same as above. I'm aware 1saleaday has a reputation for taking long to ship orders, so I'm not worried yet. I'll wait and shoot them an email in a day or two (10 days- as per their FAQs) to get a status update.

Hmm...not sure if I would've jumped on this one compared to the Amazon one, but that's only due to the fact that I had rewards points that wouldn't work here. Is DSS worth the price attack?

Wow, really glad to hear that I'm not the only one that hasn't gotten any notification from them! Tomorrow'll mark 10 days though...

I recieve my shipping confirmation today.I have order many things from this site,they are slow but never have a problem with any order.

It still didn't ship for me either. I did some research and they seem legit but slow. I kinda wanna order a laptop off here, they have some crazy nice deals on i7 laptops but the fact theyre refurbished makes me think twice.

Glad to hear someone got their order shipped. I was getting worried that they were sold out and that they were taking their sweet old time telling us that we're all getting our orders cancelled or something...

bread's done
Back