(DEAD) 3X RZ point coupon, PSN/XBL deals (In-store/RZ Silver) @ BB

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Good time to pick up PSN/XBL cards too
2X RZ points works on PSN/XBL cards so you get 2X points & 3X points.
Price match Sam's club for $20 or $50 PSN cards that are cheaper than MSRP

$50 PSN card for $46.77
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/p...CSE_Froogle&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku1100727

$20 PSN card for $18.88
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/p...CSE_Froogle&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku4694191

Requires legwork/luck(you'll need a receipt from store p/u) getting $100 worth of itunes for 485 in this deal could be nice
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323636

Yes, BB DOES PRICE MATCH membership clubs(BJ's, Costco, Sam's Club) just have to a have a local store w/i 25 mile radius
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/Best-Buy-PM-Costco/td-p/268660

Coupon pack comes in the mail

60 day price match policy is now in effect so you're protected on impluse purchases.

$10(not $9.99 tax doesn't factor in either) purchase would be 30 base RZ points but ALL other bonuses/mulitplies stack with this too.

So a $60(rounded to whole $ amount to make it simplier) game would be

180 base RZ point
60 extra points for gamers club 2X points
15 RZ silver bonus points

255 points

Last edited by a moderator:
60 day price match? That's only for purchases on 6/23-7/1 or is this a new policy?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think that's only for Silver members.

[quote name='GBAstar']You're suggesting that Best Buy will universally accept photocopies of coupons now???

you're too cute Enuf :)[/QUOTE]I gotta keep it real on these the reg. mailed coupons that aren't @gamer or RZ game specific like these I most definitely copy. The 10% off yep them too. The only other option would be to purchase items from 4-5 different stores them return/rebuy using the coupons which wouldn't really bug me since the stores are close to me but CS would flip especially considering that I'd have 4-6 pm's from at least 3 stores. Greater good & I'm not hoarding stuff just getting mainly music/dvd/blus.

[quote name='GBAstar']You're suggesting that Best Buy will universally accept photocopies of coupons now???

you're too cute Enuf :)[/QUOTE]

The back of the coupon says ”Limit 1 per membership, per transaction.” If it didn't state ”per transaction” I would have interpreted it as copies not allowed. But essentially you only use this once for every transaction hence copies are not prohibited.

For full disclosure, the coupon also does state it should be marked void and held by cashier but I think thats more for the general coupon recordkeeping process than anything else.

[quote name='Enuf']I gotta keep it real on these the reg. mailed coupons that aren't @gamer or RZ game specific like these I most definitely copy. The 10% off yep them too. The only other option would be to purchase items from 4-5 different stores them return/rebuy using the coupons which wouldn't really bug me since the stores are close to me but CS would flip especially considering that I'd have 4-6 pm's from at least 3 stores. Greater good & I'm not hoarding stuff just getting mainly music/dvd/blus.[/QUOTE]

If it was an e-mail copy sure... but aren't these coupons on stock paper? I have a really good, liberal, best buy BUT there are many on this board that can't even get legit coupons accepted... i can't imagine some of the scenerios that would occur if they tried to get the same BB reps to accept photocopied B&W scissor cut coupons

Edit: I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong or illegal by photocopying the coupon but this is a retailer that is NOTORIOUS for not accepting LEGIT manufacturer coupons or even their own coupons (Disney DMR coupons come to mind) and you make it sound like walking in with a smudge b&w photocopy is going go pass through with flying colors

You 1% Silver members...
u=1726818361,1017812936&fm=52&gp=0.jpg

Got the packet yesterday in the mail. It also mentions that $5 reward certificate many people got. I was hoping for more coupons. Also, what happened to the exclusive shopping events this year?

The 60 day price match guarantee is going to be a amazing, especially with the Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered promo they currently running. Day one purchases for $20. Yes Please :D

you do know that best buy doesnt match "club stores" lol which is what sams club is. And those prices are always like that at sams club for the psn cards.

You know what i realized is each year my wife and I don't hit the $2500 mark but they keep renewing our membership. Last year we were $500 away but this still did it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The only time I have been in the 1% of anything. ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually I think around 4% of BB customers are premier silver lol

I would like this but I don't think it would stack along the Nikon Triple Point reward promo they currently have anyways...if only these things would stack. =O

3x Coupon
3x Nikon Promo
2x BB Rewards Credit Card promo
Bam, $100 worth of RZ Certs right there.

Edit: Not even a silver member anyways so no point and mulling about this. =( Soon. ._.

I thought BB and pretty much every other retailer would NOT match against paid membership places I.E. Sams, Costco etc

[quote name='kygad']I thought BB and pretty much every other retailer would NOT match against paid membership places I.E. Sams, Costco etc[/QUOTE]

Like most price matches at BB, it's YMMV. I know the local store I go to will match just about everything including Amazon. Other local stores won't do it unless it's a price in a weekly Sunday ad.

[quote name='ethwang']Just got a Macbook...will have to do return / rebuy once I get the coupon. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
From BBY...? Why....? They had a sale on Macbooks?

[quote name='handsomepete']curses, just made a big purchase - I assume I would have to return/rebuy to take advantage?[/QUOTE]

Same, husband just bought an iPad last week. Pretty annoyed.

[quote name='chair_home']hmm, if I pay with a gift card, the gift card amount WON'T go towards RZ points, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct. I have hundreds of dollars in GC from game trades. So now the only way I earn points is through trades which is fine. Doesn't cost me anything extra and like a few others, got upgraded to silver even though I didn't hit the $2500 threshold.

[quote name='barrit']60 day price match? That's only for purchases on 6/23-7/1 or is this a new policy?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think that's only for Silver members.[/QUOTE]I didn't specify since the only people that would be getting these coupons are silver members anyway.

[quote name='bob330i']Maybe a stupid question but I suppose this is only on purchases and not game trade ins?[/QUOTE]nope

[quote name='confoosious']enuf - any restrictions on the coupon? (apple products, laptops?)[/QUOTE]don't believe so I think there just go buy the amount purchased & the other bonuses work as usual.

[quote name='TheHelix']I shake my fist at you Silver members![/QUOTE]
1-Get unlocked
2-do all the gaming deals(flip, sell, trade) I do some deals just to pad points. All those $5-$10 games deals add up.
3-Get movies/dvd/music/PSN... from them as much as possible & price match walmart/target you'll end up close to AMZ & get points too.
4-You don't have to reach $2500 to get silver just $4000 in 2 yrs will get you there too.

[quote name='srac84']you do know that best buy doesnt match "club stores" lol which is what sams club is. And those prices are always like that at sams club for the psn cards.[/QUOTE]Yes, they DO match club stores(source link in OP) & that's the whole point why to match them. Usually people try the 10% off coupons/codes for them which is pretty close to the sale price there but you also get 3X points too & 2X GC points...huge deal.

[quote name='yruluis']Do you need a receipt in order to price match? I bought Deadliest Warrior on Saturday when it was $10 with the coupon.[/QUOTE]Receipt is all you need, unless you're doing something very YMMV which may require a return/rebuy.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']You know what i realized is each year my wife and I don't hit the $2500 mark but they keep renewing our membership. Last year we were $500 away but this still did it.[/QUOTE]$4000 spent in 2 yrs will get you there too.

[quote name='Ilovecereal']havent gotten mine yet. any chance these will work with kindle cards?[/QUOTE]Not looking at the coupon now but IIRC it's all about the total amount spent.

[quote name='kygad']I thought BB and pretty much every other retailer would NOT match against paid membership places I.E. Sams, Costco etc[/QUOTE]They do match(source link in OP)

Is there any trick to getting silver? Does the credit card help? I've checked myrz and it appears that purchases made with gift cards don't count toward the $2500. Is that correct? If that's the case, I'll be hard pressed to get silver with all the credit from trading in games.

[quote name='panda911']Is there any trick to getting silver? Does the credit card help? I've checked myrz and it appears that purchases made with gift cards don't count toward the $2500. Is that correct? If that's the case, I'll be hard pressed to get silver with all the credit from trading in games.[/QUOTE]

If you have the RZ mastercard, EVERY purchase with it counts, anywhere. Use it for $30 in gas, your $30 closer to hitting $2500.

[quote name='TooPoor']From BBY...? Why....? They had a sale on Macbooks?[/QUOTE]

Educational PM (Reflect Apple's Student prices, $50-200 off MBA,MBP, iMacs, but there is also a coupon for $100 off most apple computers which probably doesn't combine) as well as the iTunes GC PM (Back to School Promo from Apple) except they offer $150 instead of $100.

The Educational pricing and the GC offer do combine for the most part. There is a specific sku the cashier need to enter in order to receive the GC free.

It's a pretty nice deal actually for a new macbook. Consider the new refresh on the MBP and MBA line and the fact that Apple computer don't ever go on sale.

Am considering buying a vita and get triple points. That would amount to a 15 dollar gift card?
Sucks they do not have the 50 dollar gift card like last week.

[quote name='bob330i']Correct. I have hundreds of dollars in GC from game trades. So now the only way I earn points is through trades which is fine. Doesn't cost me anything extra and like a few others, got upgraded to silver even though I didn't hit the $2500 threshold.[/QUOTE]

you earn points from trade-ins? do trade-ins have claim codes?

i traded it in 10+ games recently...

[quote name='panda911']Is there any trick to getting silver? Does the credit card help? I've checked myrz and it appears that purchases made with gift cards don't count toward the $2500. Is that correct? If that's the case, I'll be hard pressed to get silver with all the credit from trading in games.[/QUOTE]you earn silver by spending $2500 in 1 yr, $4000 over 2 yrs, RZ CC purchases all count towards it & I believe trade ins have resulted in silver status as well.

[quote name='boom!']you earn points from trade-ins? do trade-ins have claim codes?

i traded it in 10+ games recently...[/QUOTE]yeah, started 3/1/12, no codes needed just takes a couple days to show up.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...s-Issued-for-Video-Game-Trade-Ins/td-p/452753

[quote name='immortalfireboy']Whats the 2X point thing. I think i missed something. Do have the 3X coupon.[/QUOTE]2X points on gaming items for the reg. gamers club.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Hmmm, if they still had the $50 GC Vita deal I would buy a vita. Will probably just buy a game though, or PSN card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wavedash007']Am considering buying a vita and get triple points. That would amount to a 15 dollar gift card?
Sucks they do not have the 50 dollar gift card like last week.[/QUOTE]

Just to reiterate, there is an unadvertised PSVita bundle deal in-stores only good through this Saturday (6/23). PSVita Wifi Only + Uncharted Golden Abyss + PSV Pouch = $249.99 total ($60 in savings). I saw signage of this deal in two separate BBY by the endcap where the PSV system demo kiosk is located. Not too shabby with 3x pts afterwards!

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Just to reiterate, there is an unadvertised PSVita bundle deal in-stores only good through this Saturday (6/23). PSVita Wifi Only + Uncharted Golden Abyss + PSV Pouch = $249.99 total ($60 in savings). I saw signage of this deal in two separate BBY by the endcap where the PSV system demo kiosk is located. Not too shabby with 3x pts afterwards![/QUOTE]

Not bad- but would rather have memory card than carrying case

[quote name='Enuf']
Yes, they DO match club stores(source link in OP) & that's the whole point why to match them. Usually people try the 10% off coupons/codes for them which is pretty close to the sale price there but you also get 3X points too & 2X GC points...huge deal.
[/QUOTE]

That is either new or ymmv. I used to work at BB in colorado and they def wouldn't allow matching of sams or costco and where I currently live in LA they do not either. I have tried at several locations.

Also your "proof"" was a link to a customer based forum where the few I read all said no. Not that any of them have any binding since that is a matter of opinion. Again it was some years ago I worked there but, I did work customer service and the official stance is NO wholesale clubs because it isn't a fully public retail outlet since it requires a paid membership. Like online retailers it isn't considered local competition because not everyone can shop there without signing up. If you have a store that allows it good for you but, for the majority I wouldn't be expecting them to honor anything from costco or sams. On a side note we shared a parking lot with Costco and still wouldn't match.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Not bad- but would rather have memory card than carrying case[/QUOTE]

There is actually a few games to choose from. Uncharted being most expensive.

[quote name='kygad']That is either new or ymmv. I used to work at BB in colorado and they def wouldn't allow matching of sams or costco and where I currently live in LA they do not either. I have tried at several locations.

Also your "proof"" was a link to a customer based forum where the few I read all said no. Not that any of them have any binding since that is a matter of opinion. Again it was some years ago I worked there but, I did work customer service and the official stance is NO wholesale clubs because it isn't a fully public retail outlet since it requires a paid membership. Like online retailers it isn't considered local competition because not everyone can shop there without signing up. If you have a store that allows it good for you but, for the majority I wouldn't be expecting them to honor anything from costco or sams. On a side note we shared a parking lot with Costco and still wouldn't match.[/QUOTE]It's not new & shouldn't be YMMV(but with BB it is YMMV) BB's mods have confirmed that they do for at least 3 yrs now. When I 1st started pm'ing I had to carry around the policy b/c alot reps didn't know. There's 4-5 posts but most of them are from at least 2 yrs ago & I didn't have access to my old phone which had them saved.

This is the response from the link in the OP & you can see that they're gonna contact the store itself which is generally what has to happen since most people get stuck on the "club" aspect too much.

Yes, we do price match Costco as long as it is in your local area and the price match aligns with our price match guarantee which you’ve quoted above and is available at http://bbyurl.us/PM. A local retail competitor distance will vary depending on the area and is determined by store management; a store in Montana will have a larger local area than a store in New York for example due to the density of retail locations.

Our price match policy is not up to manager discretion to honor or not as it is a company wide policy. Assuming Costco had the same advertised non-bundle item in stock and they are in your local area; I do not see a reason why this price match would have been refused.

I would appreciate it if you could share, either publicly or via private message, the store locations which you visited so I can partner with the store management there to learn why you were refused the price match.

[quote name='TooPoor']From BBY...? Why....? They had a sale on Macbooks?[/QUOTE]

Mostly because I had some outstanding GCs, plus getting Reward Points at least gets me some money back in the form of gift cards. I'm not a student, so I can't take advantage of the educational discount.

[quote name='Enuf']It's not new & shouldn't be YMMV(but with BB it is YMMV) BB's mods have confirmed that they do for at least 3 yrs now. When I 1st started pm'ing I had to carry around the policy b/c alot reps didn't know. There's 4-5 posts but most of them are from at least 2 yrs ago & I didn't have access to my old phone which had them saved.

This is the response from the link in the OP & you can see that they're gonna contact the store itself which is generally what has to happen since most people get stuck on the "club" aspect too much.

Yes, we do price match Costco as long as it is in your local area and the price match aligns with our price match guarantee which you’ve quoted above and is available at http://bbyurl.us/PM. A local retail competitor distance will vary depending on the area and is determined by store management; a store in Montana will have a larger local area than a store in New York for example due to the density of retail locations.

Our price match policy is not up to manager discretion to honor or not as it is a company wide policy. Assuming Costco had the same advertised non-bundle item in stock and they are in your local area; I do not see a reason why this price match would have been refused.

I would appreciate it if you could share, either publicly or via private message, the store locations which you visited so I can partner with the store management there to learn why you were refused the price match.[/QUOTE]

Oh I will out them. The biggest offender is the store in Orange,CA off Tustin blvd. (I will look up the actual address and edit later) That store has literally refused multiple price matches from valid sources numerous times. Not all were clubs they even denied a toys r us ad once. I can't remember the other ones I tried but, I gave up on that after awhile as it seemed all the stores in that vicinity would refuse to PM on many occasions.

[quote name='panda911']Is there any trick to getting silver? Does the credit card help? I've checked myrz and it appears that purchases made with gift cards don't count toward the $2500. Is that correct? If that's the case, I'll be hard pressed to get silver with all the credit from trading in games.[/QUOTE]

Send $2500 on a reward zone master card anywhere also gets you silver. (Spending does not have to occur only at best buy i.e. spend $1000 at best buy and $1500 anywhere else on the reward zone master card = silver member). This is how I got there.

Got the mailer with the 3x points card yesterday. Best Buy's plan is working, because I'm tempted to buy something just to use the thing.

bread's done
Back