(DEAD) 3X RZ point coupon, PSN/XBL deals (In-store/RZ Silver) @ BB

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Good time to pick up PSN/XBL cards too
2X RZ points works on PSN/XBL cards so you get 2X points & 3X points.
Price match Sam's club for $20 or $50 PSN cards that are cheaper than MSRP

$50 PSN card for $46.77
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/p...CSE_Froogle&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku1100727

$20 PSN card for $18.88
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/p...CSE_Froogle&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku4694191

Requires legwork/luck(you'll need a receipt from store p/u) getting $100 worth of itunes for 485 in this deal could be nice
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323636

Yes, BB DOES PRICE MATCH membership clubs(BJ's, Costco, Sam's Club) just have to a have a local store w/i 25 mile radius
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/Best-Buy-PM-Costco/td-p/268660

Coupon pack comes in the mail

60 day price match policy is now in effect so you're protected on impluse purchases.

$10(not $9.99 tax doesn't factor in either) purchase would be 30 base RZ points but ALL other bonuses/mulitplies stack with this too.

So a $60(rounded to whole $ amount to make it simplier) game would be

180 base RZ point
60 extra points for gamers club 2X points
15 RZ silver bonus points

255 points

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']i'm new but what do the points do?[/QUOTE]250 RZ points = $5 RZ credit, you get 1 point per $1 spent but BB has multipliers that can get you to 250 points w/o spending $250.

[quote name='Enuf']Good time to pick up PSN/XBL cards too
2X RZ points works on PSN/XBL cards so you get 2X points & 3X points.

So a $60(rounded to whole $ amount to make it simplier) game would be

180 base RZ point
60 extra points for gamers club 2X points
15 RZ silver bonus points

255 points[/QUOTE]
255 points = $5.10

So for every $60 we spend... we get $5.10 back... basically it's like getting something for 8.5% off.

Feels like it should be more.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']255 points = $5.10

So for every $60 we spend... we get $5.10 back.

Felt like it should be more.[/QUOTE]I liked it alot more when we got $10(500 bonus points) for spending $150 on gaming better but the only way I can see us getting back that perk which would also stack with the current promos is if BB added a RZ silver tier to the gamers club.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ver-quot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idi-p/492283

[quote name='immortalfireboy']Whats the 2X point thing. I think i missed something. Do have the 3X coupon.[/QUOTE]

I got an email about a month ago that says I get double reward points for the rest of the year on everything. There was no reason in the email just something like thanks for being a customer. Anyone else get that.

[quote name='mrclutch']I got an email about a month ago that says I get double reward points for the rest of the year on everything. There was no reason in the email just something like thanks for being a customer. Anyone else get that.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it wasn't just games? That is a benefit of the free Gamer's Club membership...

GET 2X POINTS on new game software, digital content and game accessories

[quote name='kygad']There is actually a few games to choose from. Uncharted being most expensive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction. The entirety of the promotion (ends 6/23) is:

BUY ANY 1 OF THESE PSVITA Systems:
- PSVita Wifi Only $249.99
- PSVita Wifi & 3G with 8gb Mem Card Bundle $299.99
- PSVita Wifi & 3G First Edition Launch Bundle $349.99

GET THIS ITEM FREE :
- PSVita Travel Pouch ($9.99 value)

GET ANY 1 OF THESE SELECT PSVITA GAMES FREE:
- Uncharted
- MLB 12 The Show
- Modnation Racers
- Resistance Burning Skies
- Wipeout HD

The sam's club link isn't directing me to the points cards. Cannot find them on the site either via a serach. Can anyone direct me to them on the website?

[quote name='Kaliyah']Are you sure it wasn't just games? That is a benefit of the free Gamer's Club membership...

GET 2X POINTS on new game software, digital content and game accessories[/QUOTE]

Nope, this is what it says on my reward site....

"2X Points for You
Here at Best Buy®, we'd like to extend our most sincere thanks for your continued loyalty. Enjoy Double Points on all purchases until 12/31/12, in store or online. There's no coupon required."

Everything seems random though. I'm a Silver member and never received the 3x special event coupon or the $5 reward certificate. Maybe I get the 2x points thing instead. Don't really know.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Thanks for the correction. The entirety of the promotion (ends 6/23) is:

BUY ANY 1 OF THESE PSVITA Systems:
- PSVita Wifi Only $249.99
- PSVita Wifi & 3G with 8gb Mem Card Bundle $299.99
- PSVita Wifi & 3G First Edition Launch Bundle $349.99

GET THIS ITEM FREE :
- PSVita Travel Pouch ($9.99 value)

GET ANY 1 OF THESE SELECT PSVITA GAMES FREE:
- Uncharted
- MLB 12 The Show
- Modnation Racers
- Resistance Burning Skies
- Wipeout HD[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'll be heading there tomorrow then.

Will probably choose Uncharted. Anybody play The Show on vita?

Also, does the Gamers Club x2pts stack with the coupon? If so that would be sweet since that should be around 1062 pts for me.

Also would like confirmation if the 2x points for gaming stuff stacks so 6x points. If not it'd be "easier" for me and I can just get some gift cards as I'm not sure what games to get

[quote name='Sammie2980']The sam's club link isn't directing me to the points cards. Cannot find them on the site either via a serach. Can anyone direct me to them on the website?[/QUOTE]links fixed

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Also, does the Gamers Club x2pts stack with the coupon? If so that would be sweet since that should be around 1062 pts for me.[/QUOTE]yes, it stacks I used the same coupon before the 3X points "package" deal shows on the receipt & item on the RZ site & then the 2X GC points show as normal.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Also would like confirmation if the 2x points for gaming stuff stacks so 6x points. If not it'd be "easier" for me and I can just get some gift cards as I'm not sure what games to get[/QUOTE]it's 2X points on the games & 3X on the total purchase amount it's detailed in the OP.

I think BB price matching psn or Xbox cards is extremely ymmv. My BB does not price match those cards because they are considered gift cards. I went in to pm the recent toys r us deal and they wouldn't do it.

Bought a laptop a few weeks ago(silver member) you think they'll let me return/rebuy to get the 3x points?

I just wanted to thank everyone who mentioned the Vita deal again.

I called 2 stores and neither of them knew about it at all. So I went to the store thats like 20 minutes away, and the manager grabbed everything to ring it up and it worked. Hes by far the best BB manager I've ever met, hes never given me trouble before.

Forgot to do the 3x Points coupon so turned around and she fixed it, hopefully it works. She said she didn't get any notification or anything, So she stapled it to my receipt and told me to contact them if it doesn't work and they'd fix it.

I just browsed this thread and didn't find the answer. Can I use the 3x Coupon multiple times since I also got the text message on my cell phone? Thanks ahead.

[quote name='spidey35']I think BB price matching psn or Xbox cards is extremely ymmv. My BB does not price match those cards because they are considered gift cards. I went in to pm the recent toys r us deal and they wouldn't do it.[/QUOTE]shouldn't be as long as there's an actual price not just "25% off" or something like that. You need to contact the store manager or CSR since they're obviously not trained correctly.

[quote name='thegreek']Bought a laptop a few weeks ago(silver member) you think they'll let me return/rebuy to get the 3x points?[/QUOTE]YMMV since the coupon says it has to be scan at the time of purchase but since you probably paid alot for it that works in your favor.

[quote name='foreinter']I just browsed this thread and didn't find the answer. Can I use the 3x Coupon multiple times since I also got the text message on my cell phone? Thanks ahead.[/QUOTE]Mods deleted stuff, the physical coupons ARE NOT barcode unique. The text code I believe will only work once though.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I just wanted to thank everyone who mentioned the Vita deal again.

I called 2 stores and neither of them knew about it at all. So I went to the store thats like 20 minutes away, and the manager grabbed everything to ring it up and it worked. Hes by far the best BB manager I've ever met, hes never given me trouble before.

Forgot to do the 3x Points coupon so turned around and she fixed it, hopefully it works. She said she didn't get any notification or anything, So she stapled it to my receipt and told me to contact them if it doesn't work and they'd fix it.[/QUOTE]there's a new $60 giftcard offer as well you can try to get pm'd.

[quote name='Enuf']there's a new $60 giftcard offer as well you can try to get pm'd.[/QUOTE]
i get the feeling these are for specific members since I didn't get one

i'm GCU and i see the offer but every time i click on the actual offer it just lead me to a page that says "offer expired or reserve for specific members" perhaps i'm not specific enough

[quote name='exaznkid']i'm GCU and i see the offer but every time i click on the actual offer it just lead me to a page that says "offer expired or reserve for specific members" perhaps i'm not specific enough[/QUOTE]they're updating the site.

[quote name='Enuf']there's a new $60 giftcard offer as well you can try to get pm'd.[/QUOTE]

I do not think you can stack both offers though.

[quote name='unforeseen']I do not think you can stack both offers though.[/QUOTE]3x points should work with the gc but not sure what deal was gotten at the original time of purchase

[quote name='Enuf']3x points should work with the gc but not sure what deal was gotten at the original time of purchase[/QUOTE]
The deal was the free game and free travel case so I doubt I can get the GC too since it'll show the game/case on the receipt.

If so that would be awesome but I'm not getting my hopes up.

such an epic trip to BB last nite $626.77 spent
$30 little Deviants($15 pm from GS this week)
$30 Reality Fighter($15 pm from GS this week)
$40 unit 13($20 pm from GS this week)
$40 R&C all 4 one($10 pm from BB this week)
$60 Ninja Gaiden($20 pm from BB this week)
$40 Mortal Kombat(vita)($20 pm from GS this week)
$40 wipeout(vita)($20 pm from GS this week)
$30 Darkness 2(needs GS $20 pm + $10)
$20 Army Corp of Hell(GS pm)
$80 for a phone that was on sale($10 cheaper @ radio shack now)
repurchased several DVDs/TV shows that were still on sale for what I paid 2 weeks ago & some that go on sale 2day & a couple 16 GBMicro SDHC for my PSP

all totaled I'll get $190 back in pm's but still keep the 3X points on the total purchase amount. gotta go over the additional bonuses but I think $35-$45 back in RZ points.

[quote name='Enuf']such an epic trip to BB last nite $626.77 spent
$30 little Deviants
$30 Reality Fighter
$40 unit 13
$40 R&C all 4 one
$60 Ninja Gaiden
$40 Mortal Kombat(vita)
$40 wipeout(vita)
$30 Darkness 2(needs GS pm + $10)
$20 Army Corp of Hell(GS pm)
$80 for a phone that was on sale($10 cheaper @ radio shack now)
repurchased several DVDs/TV shows that were still on sale for what I paid 2 weeks ago & some that go on sale 2day & a couple 16 GBMicro SDHC for my PSP

all totaled I'll get $190 back in pm's but still keep the 3X points on the total purchase amount. gotta go over the additional bonuses but I think $35-$45 back in RZ points.[/QUOTE]
Well looks like you will be preoccupied for a little while with all those games. :lol:

[quote name='Techman16']Well looks like you will be preoccupied for a little while with all those games. :lol:[/QUOTE]I don't even have a vita but getting the titles for super cheap may entice me to jump on a good deal & use credit to make that deal even better. $150ish(OOP) Vita deal & I'm on it.

[quote name='Enuf']such an epic trip to BB last nite $626.77 spent
all totaled I'll get $190 back in pm's but still keep the 3X points on the total purchase amount. gotta go over the additional bonuses but I think $35-$45 back in RZ points.[/QUOTE]

When you return and rebuy them you forfeit the original RZ points though since when you rebuy them the 3X RZ points offer goes away.

[quote name='Donut2922']When you return and rebuy them you forfeit the original RZ points though since when you rebuy them the 3X RZ points offer goes away.[/QUOTE]

Sales adjustment/price match, not return and rebuy.

the 3x sku is showing up in my RZ account but the number of points is still showing as 1x pending. Is this normal?

I bought a macbook pro so that's a lot of points! (thanks OP)

[quote name='Byakurai']Sales adjustment/price match, not return and rebuy.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that price adjustment transactions didn't affect RZ point returns/adjustments. Interesting. If that's true thanks for the heads up.

This coupon counts for the whole transaction with multiple items? I thought it would only triple on 1 item.

[quote name='Donut2922']I wasn't aware that price adjustment transactions didn't affect RZ point returns/adjustments. Interesting. If that's true thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

It'll affect the number of RZ points he'll get, but the 3x should still post on the transaction (BBY doesn't give you your points for 30 days for this very reason. Any price adjustment will result in a lowered point total)

[quote name='Donut2922']When you return and rebuy them you forfeit the original RZ points though since when you rebuy them the 3X RZ points offer goes away.[/QUOTE]PRICE MATCH/PRICE ADJUSTMENT never return/rebuy then I'd lose out.

[quote name='confoosious']the 3x sku is showing up in my RZ account but the number of points is still showing as 1x pending. Is this normal?

I bought a macbook pro so that's a lot of points! (thanks OP)[/QUOTE]It's too soon for them to show on the RZ site for me but the last time I did this the 3X didn't show up till the 30th day but the reg. 2X points for GC was showing the whole time. My receipt shows

the SKU # then "CPN"(coupon)
"May RZ gift guide"
does that show on the RZ site too?

[quote name='Donut2922']I wasn't aware that price adjustment transactions didn't affect RZ point returns/adjustments. Interesting. If that's true thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]very true done it several times. that's why I love CAG I can purchase items that I already know will be on sale just to take advantage of another deal. But remember I won't get all the RZ points for the full purchase just on the total amount AFTER PM'ING

[quote name='Muerthoz']This coupon counts for the whole transaction with multiple items? I thought it would only triple on 1 item.[/QUOTE]No it's on the total pre-tax purchase amount they have offered coupons that would apply to just 1 item in the past but those are usually in coupon books that come to all RZ members the deals for silver members go all out.

[quote name='foreinter']Are Amazon Kindle card also qualified for 3X points?[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure they do(not 100% since I'm not looking at the couon). I believe that's the best part of these coupons the reg. restrictions like on Apple products aren't applied since there's no discount just added points.

[quote name='Enuf']

It's too soon for them to show on the RZ site for me but the last time I did this the 3X didn't show up till the 30th day but the reg. 2X points for GC was showing the whole time. My receipt shows

the SKU # then "CPN"(coupon)
"May RZ gift guide"
does that show on the RZ site too?
[/QUOTE]

yes, my shows:

MAY RZ GIFT GUIDE 1 5042151 $0.00 $0.00

my pending points are only 1200 when it would be 3600 with the promo. hopefully when it actually hits, it'll be the 3x.

an extra 2400 points is about $48 so this promo came at just the right time.

[quote name='confoosious']yes, my shows:

MAY RZ GIFT GUIDE 1 5042151 $0.00 $0.00

my pending points are only 1200 when it would be 3600 with the promo. hopefully when it actually hits, it'll be the 3x.

an extra 2400 points is about $48 so this promo came at just the right time.[/QUOTE]I have the same SKU # too
These are the type of promos that when combined with the 25% silver bonus make BB the $hit. If they take my idea & offer a movie club with exclusive steelbooks the total # of RZ points that would be coming to me monthly would pretty much make 1/4 of all my purchases discounted by RZ certs.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/New-BestBuy-MMM-club-Movies-Music-Media/idi-p/540236

[quote name='Enuf']
$40 R&C all 4 one($10 pm from BB this week)
$60 Ninja Gaiden($20 pm from BB this week)
$40 Mortal Kombat(vita)($20 pm from BB this week)
$40 wipeout(vita)($20 pm from BB this week)
[/QUOTE]

Mortal Kombat and Wipeout PMs? When? I know R&C and NG3 are DOTDs this week, but are MK and Wipeout going to be as well?

Shit. I knew I forgot something when I was going to BB earlier today. Although the trade-in system doesn't allow the scanning of coupons during the trade transaction. Otherwise I woulda received 5x the normal points for the trade I did today instead of the 2x you get from having the GCU I think.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Shit. I knew I forgot something when I was going to BB earlier today. Although the trade-in system doesn't allow the scanning of coupons during the trade transaction. Otherwise I woulda received 5x the normal points for the trade I did today instead of the 2x you get from having the GCU I think.;)[/QUOTE]

i thought u ran out of games to trade in, lol

[quote name='nuuuuj']Mortal Kombat and Wipeout PMs? When? I know R&C and NG3 are DOTDs this week, but are MK and Wipeout going to be as well?[/QUOTE]Gamestop not BB sorry it's this heat making me make mistakes. I forgot to get Slinter cell trilogy for $20 so I could sell it for $30 on CL...105 points for a $20 game is great.

edit:wipeout is $20 @ walmart & MK is now $10 again @ GS

[quote name='YBX87']i thought u ran out of games to trade in, lol[/QUOTE]
I did for a while. But then I remembered I had the first two Uncharted games from that dual pack with the blue Dual Shock 3 that I got from Target for $30. Plus I had the copy of UC3 I bought with the one pre-owned coupon a couple months ago and never got around to playing. So I figured why not eliminate those from my collection since their value will only go down.

FYI: If you have the Uncharted Dual Pack, you're better off trading them in as seperate games, since the dual pack trades in for a flat $8 for both titles while the seperate games trade for $5 and $6. In the end it's $16($16.80 after promo & GCU) vs. $22.10 with everything.

bread's done
Back