Starhawk Price Drop to $29.99 @ Target VERY YMMV

RedFoxCommando

CAGiversary!
Stopped in at a Target @ Josey & Trinity Mills in Carrollton, TX today and noticed they had Starhawk with a price cut down to $29.99. It didn't appear to be on clearance, just a yellow "price cut" sign. They also had Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition price cut down to $20.00. VERY YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sukTHEfac']post.
the.
SOURCE.[/QUOTE]

He is the source numb nuts. He saw it in a store, only thing he can do now is post a picture.

[quote name='Kaiser499']He is the source numb nuts. He saw it in a store, only thing he can do now is post a picture.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what he meant. Not sure what other info I can provide other than a picture like you said haha!

[quote name='sukTHEfac']post.
the.
SOURCE.[/QUOTE]

lil-wayne-source-magazine.jpg

I was gonna post this as well. I saw the pricing team changing prices today, and then some kid asked me to get Starhawk out for him. And so I got it out, and saw it was only $29.99. Went huh, that was fast. and bam. price drop. regular label at that point. This was in WNY, so I assume it is national.

Source: Me.

i think this is a target mess up on thier part.
a lot of people are saying they went to target and it rang up at $60 when thier site says its $40, so forget about the $30 they wont even sell it for the actual sale price thats coming up on thier web site ($40).
Jerks !

[quote name='Dranakin']Don't worry. It'll be $30 at Gamestop next week.[/QUOTE]

GameStop is a price leader in gaming. :roll:

I have an oddly related story: It was weird to see this thread just now as I got home and checked CAG, because I was out of town today, then went straight into work this afternoon when I got back. Stopped in their Target and noticed they had Starhawk at $59.99 still...clearanced to 50% off!:lol:

7423510916_85d55bd0ff_n.jpg

Normally I would have been tempted to get such a new release that I'm somewhat interested in at that kind of discount, but I remember seeing the thread about it being on sale at GS for $40, so I figured I'd wait. I was really looking forward to posting that picture as a funny, seemingly almost accidental Target clearance hyper-markdown, but now it looks like I could just stroll into my neighborhood Target and grab it for the same price! Like I said, I am kinda interested, but is the game just terrible? First party Sony titles don't usually drop so quick.

At this rate, it should be a BB.com Deal of the Day for $9.99 in the next week or two. :razz:

[quote name='Dranakin']Don't worry. It'll be $30 at Gamestop next week.[/QUOTE]

speaking of starhawk for $30 at gamestop next week, do you know if thier will be a "gamestop summer sale" next week ? i saw a few rumors on CAG since last night about that sale, might of even been you talking about it ?. i know gamestop would always have thier "power saver sale" each year around april and would last for about a month, but not this year, just a "spring sale" that only last 1 week, that was in april. also are you sure about starhawk for $30 next week at GS ?

I have to open tomorrow so I'll definitely check asap. Between this and BJ's $25 prototype 2 I might be burning some bestbuy credit.

[quote name='uthoria']my understanding is the online community for that game is utter garbage so im going to pass[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that?

I dont know about everyone else but I have a feeling this will be an upcoming PSN plus Freebie.

When you look at the image of the instant game collection PSN promo, StarHawk is seen at bottom right.

playstation-plus-banner-550x284.jpg

I would imagine it should show up at some point soon.

[quote name='Corning']I dont know about everyone else but I have a feeling this will be an upcoming PSN plus Freebie.

When you look at the image of the instant game collection PSN promo, StarHawk is seen at bottom right.

playstation-plus-banner-550x284.jpg

I would imagine it should show up at some point soon.[/QUOTE]

So is RE5 Gold, Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, Borderlands, RE4, Mortal Kombat, and tons more. Is it possible yes, but I don't think it will be for another year or so due to the game just coming out a month or two ago.

I personally feel the problem with all these games not selling well stems from CoD and the like. Most gamers who consider themselves mainstream/hardcore who only play games with guns and blood and military shooters and everything else is beneath them. I may have a skewed perspective based on the people I know personally who play those types of games.

yeah i was gonna say. according to that theory that games in the picture will be psn freebies, that includes jurassic park, re4, blops, uncharted 3, warhawk, ac r, journey, etc. i wish but idk...

n yeah, i got this at gamestop for 21.50 total with an online pass and limited edition codes. wootwoot.
i havnt opened it yet tho because iv been busy on mw3's new map pack 2. i know, im the problem as well!

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i was gonna say. according to that theory that games in the picture will be psn freebies, that includes jurassic park, re4, blops, uncharted 3, warhawk, ac r, journey, etc. i wish but idk...

n yeah, i got this at gamestop for 21.50 total with an online pass and limited edition codes. wootwoot.
i havnt opened it yet tho because iv been busy on mw3's new map pack 2. i know, im the problem as well![/QUOTE]

But at least you diversify. What I meant was gamers who buy CoD every year without fail who then complain about how bad the game is, but continue to buy it. But then they also say all other games are stupid/beneath them. If you enjoy CoD I am fine with that, but to think no other games exist or that every other game that does exist is crap because it isn't a shooter is a big part of the problem IMO.

Checked 2 targets, $59.99 at both. Since I'm in the same area as OP, I may go check that store this week ... or just do the Gamestop deal Tuesday (in other post).

i just came back from my local target and seen this for $29.99. but for some reason on target's web site it still says $39.99. the lady that worked at my target store said that all target stores are different, (price) personaly i never heard of that befor ?. anyway i managed to price match it at bestbuy for the $29.99 since i have credit at bestbuy.

so whats the gamestop tuesday deal on starhawk? 29.95 for new? and coupon shenanigans involved? (noth that im opposed to that.......), actually got the dirt 3, complete for vanilla to work for me........thanks

Temporary Price Cuts and Clearance prices are store specific. Website prices are separate from store prices.

Please tell us which Target you find these deals at. :)

My Target in MA also had starhawk for 30$, and LBP 2: SE for $20.00. Saw the pricing team member change them this morning. Tempted to get starhawk, since I have a a target red card, but I'm worried about the price dropping so fast. Feel like it won't be too long before it's ~$20.

Today on our way up north ... Chester, VA Target (right off I-95) has Starhawk for $30 and LBP2 Game of the Year for $20. Steel Diver on clearance at $12.

bread's done
Back