Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA)

evilmax17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.dscentral.net/index.php?image=2110

Those of us who have been around long enough to remember the 1993 Gunstar Heroes for the Sega Genesis will find comfort in this announcement. Developer Treasure has announced a sequel, titled Gunstar Super Heroes, for none other than the Game Boy Advance. A magazine scan shows a few shots of this unique shooter in action. A U.S. release has been announced but no dates so far. Click on the thumbnail for the full view.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Get excited, you assholes![/QUOTE]

What's there to get excited about? It's only the sequal to one of the greatest games ever... ;)

I nearly spit out my soda when I read about the sequal. Hot damn!!!

I hope it's as classic as the Genesis version. That game was so damn good I nicknamed myself after one of the characters in the game many many years ago and still have it as my screen name.

And as stated above, it better be a lot better than Advance Guardian Heroes. It almost made me cry that such a classic game finally gets a sequel and that's the best they could do.

omg! i grew up on gunstar heroes!

that is one of my favorite games ever. it was my fav hands down for the genesis. i beat it so many times that i started looking for ways to glitch the game [ mostly invovling that one level where you have to roll the die, you can glitch the game so that both players will go to the next room. ]

then later i heard about a japanese game that was suppose to be some sort of sequal called Gunners Heaven. wasn't able to find it on ebay and the like for purchase, but was able to get a rom eventually.

can't wait for this one!

[quote name='evilmax17']http://www.dscentral.net/index.php?image=2110

Those of us who have been around long enough to remember the 1993 Gunstar Heroes for the Sega Genesis will find comfort in this announcement. Developer Treasure has announced a sequel, titled Gunstar Super Heroes, for none other than the Game Boy Advance. A magazine scan shows a few shots of this unique shooter in action. A U.S. release has been announced but no dates so far. Click on the thumbnail for the full view.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/QUOTE]

holy3mi.jpg

This game should be awesome! GBA can handle an update to a Genesis game a lot better than an update to a Saturn game.

like the post a few above, really hope that it's as good as astro boy (or better) and not in the direction of advanced guardian heroes.

Sweet fucking Christ, it's about time.

Gunstar Heroes is in my top 3 of all time, and it will remain there. One of the greatest finally gets the sequel it deserves.

Now, I've gotta find my damned SP...

I would give whatever amount of money requested for a Treasure collection on a modern console. Gunstar, Guardian, Radiant Silvergun, lots o' guns, give it to us. We fucking deserve it dammit.

While Treasure has been pretty adamant about not doing sequels a LOT of their games use play mechanics created in their other games. The "polarity switch", the style of the"enemy shooting hero" and many other things are used almost so much that you could almost say all they've ever created are sequels!

But that's no to say it's not a goos use of intelectual property.

Also some people have suggested they try to recreate Sin & Punishment or make a sequel for the PSP after hearing of the possiblity of this game. Now that it really exists maybe they might!

Awesome, lets hope it doesnt flop.

Now there needs to be a port or some sort of sequal of Vectorman to the GBA SP....one of the best games ever IMO.

[quote name='maxflight']like the post a few above, really hope that it's as good as astro boy (or better) and not in the direction of advanced guardian heroes.[/QUOTE]Agreed. I think Astro Boy will be hard to top since it has such a great gimmick, though, but even a straight port with tight controls would be great.

I just read about this at another board, and my response was similar to many of yours:

"OH MY GOD. Prayers really do get answered!

Gunstar Heroes is my favorite Genesis game ever, and one of my favorite games peiod. I tried it out after buying Mischief Makers, and Gunstar is just the purest form of fun.

Gunstar Heroes is one of the few games I still feel childlike glee while playing, so if this sequel is even close to that good, I'll probably cream my pants. I just about did when I read the article."

LOL, I have heard more about creamed pants and pitched tents here than even in the OTTs! I had no idea a game could be so "motivating" without any sexual content whatsoever! :lol:

Looks like I'll be dusting off the GBA for this one! It seems like I've been waiting forever for a sequel to this game. The original is still one of my favorite games ever and is half the reason I still have a Genesis. If this one comes even close to being as good as the original, I'll be happy

[quote name='1up.com']it shares the same rotating title screen and intro tune as the original[/QUOTE]

:drool: Sweet.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrr-RAHHHHHHHHHH bah nah NAAAAAHHHHHHH nah.........

[quote name='praystation']Alien soldier? That is a JP only right? Policenauts? Played the import one on ps1. So- so.[/QUOTE]

huh ?

i wonder what made treasure change their "rule" of not making direct sequels.

not to repeat what others have said already in this thread (what the hell am i saying, i AM repeating it), but gunstar heroes was a great game. here's to hoping the sequel is just as good or maybe... even better...? *dr evil pinky to lip*

i sure wouldn't mind a radiant silvergun as well... possibly on the DS? *dr evil pinky to lip*

I'm weary of whether or not they can pull it off, but if it lives up to the original then this will be the best game on GBA/DS, hands-down.

i'm psyched. I NEED more portable shooters made by Treasure....

[quote name='SAGExSDX']i wonder what made treasure change their "rule" of not making direct sequels.
[/QUOTE]

$$$$$$

I see you can fir three different ammo type in the weapon slots. I wonder how does that work... (any way I really like the homing + laser config in the original one)

[quote name='praystation']I see you can fir three different ammo type in the weapon slots. I wonder how does that work... (any way I really like the homing + laser config in the original one)[/QUOTE]

It's all about double Flame or Flame + Homing.

bread's done
Back