Best way to ship a controller?

burritoman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
I have some extra controllers, namely Dreamcast and PS2, maybe Gamecube.

However, I have never sold one, what's the best way to mail these? I don't think a padded envelope is gonna cut it, I might just end up checking out some priority mail boxes.

Any ideas?

A padded mailer is all right; I'd put some extra protection around the analog sticks though.

Thanks! I know I have received them in padded envelopes, but they were in some sort of packaging. I'll get some bubble wrap and make it happen!

If you don't mind a little work when I ship something similar sized, in particular Skylanders and ps controllers. I make a triangular box out of the bigger boxes I have. Take a sheet of cardboard fold it over twice to make a triangle shape, trim to size, tape, cut cardboard in a triangle shape for both ends then wrap in paper, I use grocery paper bags. End result should look like the triangle block you would put in the peg game mos of us played while we were younger.

Usually I just take the boxes that Amazon sends the XBox games in and wrap some paper or bubble wrap around the controller and send it in the box. I wouldnt recommend sending it in just a padded envelope. These packages get kicked around and everything en route to the buyer. It could get there fine but all it takes is one fall from a few feet up and the buyer gets a broken controller.

I was thinking of trying to sell some older controllers as well.

I'm not sure about that triangle thing gr8 mentioned (I'm guessing making a triangular prism?) but a kid's shoe box is fine maybe a bit big depending on the size.

Maybe reenforce a tissue box etc? If you have the time, you can take apart boxes and cut/fold/tape up new ones. that's what I did with a big Amazon box and made two.

bread's done
Back