New dashboard beta sign up

In for no reason other than maybe some free items. Was crappy last time, but got halo reach the time before that if my memory serves me correctly.

I usually avoid these things, but I'm going to throw caution to the wind and pray whatever they screw up doesn't thoroughly annoy me. In41.

maybe as a reward you will get a GOW3 digital download key and avatar item that you already possess. (not sarcasm) thanks for the heads up.

hopefully they won't nix me for not having a kinect.

[quote name='shrike4242']Agreed,

In for console explosion.[/QUOTE]

If that happens during the beta, you'd probably get a new console for free.

But yeah, the Dashboard keeps getting worse and worse.

I'm in.

I always do these things. Its nice to get adjusted to the new dashboard before it's official, seeing as how the change is going to happen either way.

Lol that's what I was thinking, wait why would I want to go with beta software that will be worse than what I'm already stuck with.

[quote name='GUNNM']Instead of wallpaper we get giant ads in the back with the new dashboard. Can't wait![/QUOTE]

the current dashboard already causes me to use the features less and less, before I would actually tab over to features, demos, etc...now? i go straight to "play mass effect 3"

[quote name='Matt Young']It appears to already be full. Damn.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was quick as hell. I've gotten into all the prior ones. Bummer.

[quote name='Matt Young']Same here. Maybe they'll re-open registration.[/QUOTE]They did it for the last one.

It depends on how many they want in the beta, of course.

For everyone complaining about the dash, just hit the xbox button. Voila, blades. It's what I do. Friends list is way easier than the silly avatar setup for one thing.

[quote name='kilik64']For everyone complaining about the dash, just hit the xbox button. Voila, blades. It's what I do. Friends list is way easier than the silly avatar setup for one thing.[/QUOTE]

but the blades method doesn't show the friends' parties.

but yes, the Xbox Guide is faster for a bunch of things. the most useful thing I ever learned was the Quickplay feature. Loads in much faster than going to the Games section of the dashboard.

[quote name='GUNNM']Instead of wallpaper we get giant ads in the back with the new dashboard. Can't wait![/QUOTE]
Well I was close. They enlarged the ads. :roll:

For those interested, they'll probably keep adding space for people to sign up as time goes on. Same thing they do every year.

This is the first time I didn't bother with it. They aren't adding anything I care about.

[quote name='thrustbucket']How long did it take you guys to get the update after launching the app?[/QUOTE]
I didn't get it until I tried playing a game.

i installed the app yesterday and got the update today. the app is just to register your console.

for people to know what the new dash is about, think of the things people complain about... they've addressed a lot of them. they sorta even addressed the wallpaper/theme problem that's existed since NXE.

[quote name='DestroVega']Annnnnnnnnnnd my Xbox just red ringed lol.[/QUOTE]

Did it really? Ive been having router problems. After the update my router wont work if i have the xbox wire plugged in, if i take it out it works fine.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Damn it I signed up before all of you and I still don't have it.[/QUOTE]

you have to get an email which gives you a code to redeem on the console. then you download an app which registers the console. then the update will come thereafter...

It should only take a few hours to get it. It took them 4-5 to get to me.

I must say that I love how they did the Registration stuff last time. Really easy to do.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I got the new dash today. All i can say is PS3s browser looks pretty bad right now.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Anyone know if there's anyway to use the on screen keyboard in the browser other than moving the left stick to move the arrow to each key?

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']No doubt. It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Anyone know if there's anyway to use the on screen keyboard in the browser other than moving the left stick to move the arrow to each key?[/QUOTE]

maybe you could use the chatpad? I have one but havent tried it.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']No doubt. It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Anyone know if there's anyway to use the on screen keyboard in the browser other than moving the left stick to move the arrow to each key?[/QUOTE]

this post is moving into NDA territory. there is a forum to discuss the beta at xbox.com

forum officially up!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='merchie89']so far you guys all mention the browser. With my laptop set up by my xbox, thats a pretty useless feature for me[/QUOTE]

without going into details about features of the new dash... think speed, customization, better avatar support, and refinement

[quote name='merchie89']so far you guys all mention the browser. With my laptop set up by my xbox, thats a pretty useless feature for me[/QUOTE]
It is for 99.99% of people who own an xbox with internet. It takes longer to type what you're looking for than getting up and going to your computer. Unless of course you're stealing your neighbor's wifi.

[quote name='dirtyvu']this post is moving into NDA territory. there will be a forum to discuss the beta at xbox.com[/QUOTE]

Oh noes...You think that NDA is serious? Are they watching your IP for every post you make on the internet? If they are tracking you that closely then the beta wasn't worth it.

[quote name='staticz']Oh noes...You think that NDA is serious? Are they watching your IP for every post you make on the internet? If they are tracking you that closely then the beta wasn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

look... you can also get away with shoplifting. doesn't mean you should go around stealing everything.

you can get away with lying to people. doesn't change the fact that you're still lying to people.

You can get away with killing people. But doesn't mean that you should take life any less seriously.

The beta is definitely worth it. Just because you're so giddy to tell people about it doesn't mean you should. Show some restraint.

bread's done
Back