Darksiders 2 Collectors Edition in Stock at THQ.com

Everything but the season pass they offered when it was available for preorder off the website. It's nearly sold out at all Gamestops and Best Buys. They are going for $140-170 range on Ebay.

I'm glad to see they are holding on to these to sell them at full price rather than full-fill the pre-orders for places that short changed customers like Sears/K-Mart who got these for $70.

Is it really hard to find? I had no idea. I checked on Gamestop's site and there is an abundance of them in my area (San Francisco Bay Area). I guess it's sold out in more rural areas.

[quote name='Zaku77']Those are all there for pre-orders. You'd have to convince them to sell them to you.[/QUOTE]

After reading your comment I called two stores and they said they're for anybody who wants to buy them. Maybe some pre-order people flaked? I derno.

On for one! Gladi checked Facebook and saw the post. The game is great....so do I keep this version or sell for profit? Damn my cheap ass ways!

[quote name='Zaku77']Those are all there for pre-orders. You'd have to convince them to sell them to you.[/QUOTE]

Most stores should be selling any remaining preorders since it's nine days past the release date. However, I have come across GS stores that will hold CEs for 2+ weeks.

[quote name='winterlane']Most stores should be selling any remaining preorders since it's nine days past the release date. However, I have come across GS stores that will hold CEs for 2+ weeks.[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on that particular stores policy as well as how much was put towards the preorder by the buyer

[quote name='Strell']Anyone know what the artbook is like?[/QUOTE]

100 pages. The last page includes an advertisement for a full Darksiders II art book coming in the future. The art book is nice, but on the small side, and not complete since a full art book is coming later.

[quote name='winterlane']Most stores should be selling any remaining preorders since it's nine days past the release date. However, I have come across GS stores that will hold CEs for 2+ weeks.[/QUOTE]

All of mine either say two weeks or never for CEs... I guess the managers in my area are just sticklers.

[quote name='Zaku77']All of mine either say two weeks or never for CEs... I guess the managers in my area are just sticklers.[/QUOTE]From those CAGs that are GS employees, the "official" policy as I understand it is 2 days for all pre-orders, subject to store manager discretion.

That's why you have this discrepancy all over the map on how long stores hold onto pre-orders.

[quote name='WViking']100 pages. The last page includes an advertisement for a full Darksiders II art book coming in the future. The art book is nice, but on the small side, and not complete since a full art book is coming later.[/QUOTE]

This is 100% what I needed to know. If there's a more full fledged art book coming out later on, then I can honestly say my interest in the CE goes down quite a bit. I've already picked up an LE because I want to support Vigil since I thoroughly enjoyed Darksiders 1.

Thanks for the input!

[quote name='Zaku77']All of mine either say two weeks or never for CEs... I guess the managers in my area are just sticklers.[/QUOTE]

Mine usually let them go after 2 days if they have lots of copies. With more niche games, they usually hold them for a week at least. And then they gut it.

Thank you for the thread. I did not think I would be able to find this for the regular price. This is likely the last chance I would have had.

Just a heads up. The CE Box is very fragile & these orders will be handled by Digital River, so you are really taking a big chance.
If anyone has dealt with them before, they know what I mean.
You will be super lucky if your box arrives in a decent shape. My advise - grab it from a GS if you can. You will save money & some headache later.

Myself and 3 buddies ordered from here and all 4 of ours came crushed. Digital river is mailing them out. They gave us all tracking #'s that didn't track at all and showed out for delivery in Indiana and I live in Maryland. Beware if you want mint items like myself

[quote name='psihog']when they release that splatterhouse mask? i want one too..[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well. The author did not say.

ughh tempting. it just doesnt seem like its worth the $100

edit: woops out of stock. i like to think of it as fate. maybe im not destined to get it because i wont like it.

nah im just making excuses.

SON OF A fuck

[quote name='psihog']when they release that splatterhouse mask? i want one too..[/QUOTE]

It was released as a preorder bonus with the Splatterhouse game if you ordered from Gamestop
In fact it was available later on their rewards site for quite a while.
You can get it on ebay for $25-30

Thanks for the post OP.

When I saw how there was going to be 30, 60, then 90 day DLC in addition to all the store specific pre-order bonuses I just opted not to buy this game altogether. Just like with Batman: Arkham City, I'll be on the lookout next year for the "Ultimate" edition that comes with all the DLC on disc.

Appears to be sold out on their site. You can click Buy Now, but then you get the message. Still pretty low numbers across the board \compared to THQ's other recent Collector's Edition Saints Row The Third which are collecting dust everywhere I go.

Definitely call your Gamestops that still show stock on the site. I called 1 near me yesterday, and they told me it was on hold for a pre-order. Called another one, and they said it was available. Picked it up, and I'm good to go!

[quote name='DanteWarrior']It was released as a preorder bonus with the Splatterhouse game if you ordered from Gamestop
In fact it was available later on their rewards site for quite a while.
You can get it on ebay for $25-30[/QUOTE]

Definitely this. Also, nice to see my blog being linked to :). The mask was actually kind of annoying to get. I'm not sure about the specifics, but there was a code that gamestop would give you for pre ordering splatterhouse and that code would need to be used on a website for future mailing.

Luckily I didn't have to deal with any of that nonsense because my girlfriend got it for me. ;)

Also, the quality of the mask is... well, it was free. It's a good size. It's made of some kind of nice heavy resin. The mold could stand to be a little more consistent. The base is wood (which is very cool). The paint application is horrible. The mask's overall look is average if not below average. It was also the single greatest pre-order bonus ever because it was a terror mask and it was 100% free.

For those who want more info, Google images seems to find quite a few nice pics of it.

just picked one up from my local BB. had 1 instock for xbox box was a bit damaged but nonetheless eligible for resale :D along with a triple pack. Uncharted 1, Tomb Raider UW, and Mercenaries 2 $15 clearance

Anyone receive theirs yet? Mine were absolutely crushed. I don't know if I should blame UPS or THQ.

I bought two and the box was a little large with very little packing material but it looked like it had be sat on.. or slept on...

It is usually UPS fault. I work in a shipping warehouse and UPS people are dicks. They literally open the trailer up and throw shit. Also, just so you know, FRAGILE to UPS means break it more.

Got mine (quite early, actually). The outer cardboard/shipping box was in fine shape. Nothing beyond "normal" wear. But the actual CE box? Banged up to shit. No way to sugar coat it. The thing was mangled. What's funny (or nauseating, depending on your view) is that it was actually packed rather well. So it was clearly beat up in the warehouse.

I plan on contacting THQ customer service, but seriously, Digital River is the worst. I've had two experiences and both have been disasters.

But that Death Mask is just awesome. I kinda planned on selling it to offset the price of the game, but I may just keep it. It's that cool.

bread's done
Back