Red Riding Hood BD $4 @ Amazon

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
Amazon

Yes, I know this is supposedly a Twi-hard film, but having seen none of those I really dug the visuals of this movie. I don't care for the romance aspect but luckily those scenes are more or less kept brief to give way for a different take on Grimm's fairytale. If you are at ALL a fan of Gary Oldman, this is worth the price of admission alone as he does what Sean Bean did for Game of Thrones/Black Death. The atmosphere of the village gives you that same feeling of, well, The Village but people with an affinity for dark fantasy or dystopia will eat this up. The suspense of isolation is present and further intensified by events in the movie making it a genuine horror flick for Halloween.

I'm rambling and overly praising it but from a retrospect, I enjoyed it for the visuals and atmosphere above all. For $8, you could do worse.

4378_14_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PublikDefender']i can't speak to the quality of the film, but amanda seyfried is certainly gorgeous.[/QUOTE]

This.

She was smoking in "In Time", too...

[quote name='PublikDefender']i can't speak to the quality of the film, but amanda seyfried is certainly gorgeous.[/QUOTE]

I said it in some other thread and I'll say it again, she's the reason I watched this; I was hoping to see her rack too but didn't. :(.

[quote name='Ed_']I said it in some other thread and I'll say it again, she's the reason I watched this; I was hoping to see her rack too but didn't. :(.[/QUOTE]

Chloe.

Image on the Amazon page shows the single-disc version though the item description for the "available versions" shows the three-disc combo.

They've done this mistake before, previously with Unknown and Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows P1.

If you order it from Amazon and don't get the correct version, Amazon isn't likely going to find you the right version. The reason this happens is that when studios change from the combo pack on initial release to the single disc version later on, they don't change the UPC. Retailers like Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc. don't end up changing their systems to match this change because it's the same UPC.

I ran into this issue BF last year with Unknown as well as close to Deathly Hallows P2 release when they dropped P1 to $10. Same situation in both cases, Amazon site said "combo version" and it was the single disc version.

Best Buy might have a combo pack in store if you're lucky, though don't plan on seeing it.

Amazon does the same thing with, The Incredible Hulk, it is listed as "3 Disc Special Edition" but it is only 2 discs and a code to download another version of the film. Both the ad for the film and the case say 3 discs and I'm not sure how they get away with it.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you order it from Amazon and don't get the correct version, Amazon isn't likely going to find you the right version. The reason this happens is that when studios change from the combo pack on initial release to the single disc version later on, they don't change the UPC. Retailers like Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc. don't end up changing their systems to match this change because it's the same UPC.[/QUOTE]
I contacted them to which they assured me I got the wrong version and want to send me a replacement, but I know better. Not going seven rounds on this one with Amazon and I just checked my BB: only single disc versions on the shelf.

So to reiterate, Amazon will not send you the described product and never will. Buyer beware.

Thanks Jodou. I picked up the BD/DVD/DC combo pack with lenticular cover at Best Buy today for 7.99. It's a blind buy for me.

[quote name='Tenacious D']Thanks Jodou. I picked up the BD/DVD/DC combo pack with lenticular cover at Best Buy today for 7.99. It's a blind buy for me.[/QUOTE]
What was the sku for that?
The single-disc blu ray sku is
SKU: 2526089

Do they have the same sku? If the skus are different, do you need a price match in store or did does it automatically ring up $7.99?

[quote name='Tenacious D']Thanks Jodou. I picked up the BD/DVD/DC combo pack with lenticular cover at Best Buy today for 7.99. It's a blind buy for me.[/QUOTE]
LUCKY! Wish I could've found a copy like that. :(

I got it! the blu-ray + dvd combo w/ slipcover rings up $7.99 and has the same sku as shown on the website: SKU: 2526089. No override needed!

[quote name='Ed_']Sweet![/QUOTE]
Yeah! I don't know what version the website will send you, so it is better to be safe and just buy it in person like I did.

Does the DC code still work?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Does the DC code still work?[/QUOTE]

Yes...well for me

Just received my combo from amazon today, no slip though.

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']Yes...well for me

Just received my combo from amazon today, no slip though.[/QUOTE]
Really. . .must be old stock in another warehouse then.

Picked this up for my niece who's a fan. I've watched it on HBO, drooled over Amanda, realized the movie was terrible, have no need for it myself though. Can't go wrong for $4 though.

bread's done
Back