50% off 1100 Rock Band tracks starting Tuesday

crunchewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Full list of songs/packs: http://www.rockband.com/content-assets/2012/09/RBDLCsaleGraphic.pdf

Some 1100 tracks and albums/packs will be 50% off starting tomorrow. Lots of good stuff in there.

All songs compatible with Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz. Discounts will be available on 360, PS3 and Wii platforms.

Here is the expected timing for the roll out of discounts on different consoles in different regions. This is a HUGE update (seriously, we're discounting more DLC than most games have ever released) so there are a lot of moving pieces and things may not go 100% to plan, but we'll update if things look like they're changing.

Tuesday September 18th

Xbox 360 (worldwide) will be updating in a gradual roll out, and all pricing is expected to update by noon ET.

Nintendo should be updating at the same time that Wii DLC usually goes live.

Sony America (SCEA) is expected to update at the same time that PS3 DLC usually goes live.

Wednesday September 19th

Sony Europe (SCEE / Sony International) is expected to update when PS3 DLC usually goes live.

If you check in and content is not appearing with the new pricing, sit tight and it may be updating shortly. We'll be keeping an eye on things on our end to make sure we catch any content that slips through the cracks. Enjoy!
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231797&p=4878505&viewfull=1#post4878505

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the expected timing for the roll out of discounts on different consoles in different regions. This is a HUGE update (seriously, we're discounting more DLC than most games have ever released) so there are a lot of moving pieces and things may not go 100% to plan, but we'll update if things look like they're changing.

Tuesday September 18th

Xbox 360 (worldwide) will be updating in a gradual roll out, and all pricing is expected to update by noon ET.

Nintendo should be updating at the same time that Wii DLC usually goes live.

Sony America (SCEA) is expected to update at the same time that PS3 DLC usually goes live.

Wednesday September 19th

Sony Europe (SCEE / Sony International) is expected to update when PS3 DLC usually goes live.

If you check in and content is not appearing with the new pricing, sit tight and it may be updating shortly. We'll be keeping an eye on things on our end to make sure we catch any content that slips through the cracks. Enjoy!
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231797&p=4878505&viewfull=1#post4878505

I don't know how I'll choose what to buy. So much in there I'd like to get. Not enough points.

I'll copy that info on the rollout to the OP. Thanks Sway.

Ehhhhh... I don't even know the next time I'm gonna even think about playing any of these games.

I'm probably gonna pass, but this is awesome nonetheless.

I realized this past weekend that I purchased/have over 1100 songs by myself.

If I had waited for a sale like this I would've saved a few hundred dollars easily. =\

Awesome sale. Makes me a little sad that I own just about everything I'd want off of the RB music store anyway, but i'm sure there's a couple songs left for me to pick up. :D

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Awesome sale. Makes me a little sad that I own just about everything I'd want off of the RB music store anyway, but i'm sure there's a couple songs left for me to pick up. :D[/QUOTE]

There's always.. always more songs left to pick up, lol.

Is this the first sale like this ever or do these happen frequently? I've never noticed one.

[quote name='def PD']I realized this past weekend that I purchased/have over 1100 songs by myself.

If I had waited for a sale like this I would've saved a few hundred dollars easily. =\[/QUOTE]

Ouch!!! I have just about 1,000 songs but did that with a game share group. So yeah, you've probably spent $2,000+ on rock band songs....THAT'S NUTS!!! We were picking up songs for $0.20, nothing can beat that

[quote name='MightyHealthy']I only have RB1 and 2, any chance the DLC will work with those games?[/QUOTE]

Basically, all the DLC is preRB3, so yes.

They should have done this a long time ago. but yeah, will be checking this out tomorrow. have a lot of songs i might get.

I'm going to limit myself to The Black Keys and NIN.
There, its in writing I can't take it back. But there's an SRV pack. Damnit.

[quote name='crystalklear64']nice. just got rb3 a week ago. wish there was a way to see which of these have piano support instead of having to crosscheck with the wiki.[/QUOTE]

None of the sale tracks have keys support. The sale is specifically for the DLC that came out before RB3, none of which have keys or vocal harmonies.

[quote name='abilyk']None of the sale tracks have keys support. The sale is specifically for the DLC that came out before RB3, none of which have keys or vocal harmonies.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, that's weak.

I haven't picked up any new DLC track since xmas so I figured I would be able to pick something up. But if its stuff before 2010 I'm pretty much set.

[quote name='KingDox']Ugh, that's weak.

I haven't picked up any new DLC track since xmas so I figured I would be able to pick something up. But if its stuff before 2010 I'm pretty much set.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't call it weak, but if you have been buying every track you wanted as they were released, then this sale won't help you (just like nearly every sale on dlc). I think this is mainly for the people who just picked up blitz or need to fill in their catalog. This really is a crazy sale IMO.

Awesome! I'm gonna have to get some more PSN cards. I knew by backlog list of stuff to buy would come in handy! I've got about 1200 songs now but there's always room for a few hundred more!!! :bouncy:

Rock on!

TMG:applause:

[quote name='tylerh1701']No Beatles?[/QUOTE]

Probably didn't want to include that with this sale since the Beatles DLC is only playable with The Beatles: Rock Band and not to confuse people.

if only ANY of my friends who used to play still cared about this game. not worth it even for $1 if I'd be playing them all by myself. lame. Then again half the bands i want on rock band STILL dont have ANY songs (Taproot, any skillet song BESIDES monster, and the band Red I am looking at you!)

So awesome. I'm noticing the smaller bundle packs barely give a discount (average of 50msp savings) so buying exactly what tracks I want is great.

I'm hoping this is directly in response to Blitz, since this is the exact (and only) reason I'm in.

Man, I still have so many Blitz songs I want to play from other RB games. I shouldn't dip back in. But such great prices.

The killer for me is that the only songs I definitely wanted that I don't have, miraculously, are not discounted. Namely, Rush singles and Johnny Cash songs, though I mostly just need the Cash song for that one dumb achievement. Really wanted "Spirit of the Radio" and "Fly By Night" though.

Have to decide if I'll hop in on this or not. Incredible discount though.

Bob Marley's "Legend" is discounted already to 800 points. I grabbed it. Other stuff I was looking for is not yet. I do wish these had keyboards. Do they ever upgrade tracks to include Keyboards, or is that something that never happens? It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice….

^ looks like they're doing it in alphabetical order. AFI: Miss Murder is 80, Black Sabbath War Pigs* (was going to pick up War Pigs until I realized it's a *cover version).

They're going rather slowly though, they haven't even hit Creedence Clearwater Revival yet.

Long overdue. Maybe too late. Don't know how many people don't play these games anymore but I would guess its a lot.

bread's done
Back