50% off 1100 Rock Band tracks starting Tuesday

crunchewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Full list of songs/packs: http://www.rockband.com/content-assets/2012/09/RBDLCsaleGraphic.pdf

Some 1100 tracks and albums/packs will be 50% off starting tomorrow. Lots of good stuff in there.

All songs compatible with Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz. Discounts will be available on 360, PS3 and Wii platforms.

Here is the expected timing for the roll out of discounts on different consoles in different regions. This is a HUGE update (seriously, we're discounting more DLC than most games have ever released) so there are a lot of moving pieces and things may not go 100% to plan, but we'll update if things look like they're changing.

Tuesday September 18th

Xbox 360 (worldwide) will be updating in a gradual roll out, and all pricing is expected to update by noon ET.

Nintendo should be updating at the same time that Wii DLC usually goes live.

Sony America (SCEA) is expected to update at the same time that PS3 DLC usually goes live.

Wednesday September 19th

Sony Europe (SCEE / Sony International) is expected to update when PS3 DLC usually goes live.

If you check in and content is not appearing with the new pricing, sit tight and it may be updating shortly. We'll be keeping an eye on things on our end to make sure we catch any content that slips through the cracks. Enjoy!
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231797&p=4878505&viewfull=1#post4878505

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm listening to Bob Marley Legend via Spotify… and wondering how they heck you do this album without keyboard support? Oh well, hopefully it's fun to play in Blitz anyway. Probably is.

I looked at three songs that are in the "A's". All of them showed up at the sale price on the song screen, but jumped back up to full price when you check out. Be careful or you can easily be overcharged.

[quote name='pOpus']I looked at three songs that are in the "A's". All of them showed up at the sale price on the song screen, but jumped back up to full price when you check out. Be careful or you can easily be overcharged.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too when looking at the Breaking Benjamin pack, I wasn't paying attention and bought it, then realized it said 440 still, but only 240 was taken out of my account. So I'm not sure what's going on.

Yeah, they're way behind on this one. None of the stuff I looked at was actually on sale in the Marketplace when I looked an hour ago. It shows up as the sale price in the Music Store, but when you choose "purchase", it shows full price in the guide. People need to pay attention or there's going to be some angry customers.

Yeah, only songs I have been able to buy on sale so far have been by Anthrax which is the Anthrax pack 01 @ 360 MSP. Everything else I click on and shows up as regular price..

[quote name='intoxicated662']Yeah, only songs I have been able to buy on sale so far have been by Anthrax which is the Anthrax pack 01 @ 360 MSP. Everything else I click on and shows up as regular price..[/QUOTE]

Maybe they realized how much work it was and were like "Eff this! Nobody even plays this game anymore!" lol. :lol:

Looks like they gave up after reaching B. If there's too much math involved in doing this, perhaps they should just do 50% across the entire board instead of just certain songs...

Somehow the Red Hot Chili Peppers singles snuck in at 80, but the BSSM album isn't on sale...Under The Bridge makes 2 off of my meager list of 11...ish

[quote name='Kerig']Looks like they gave up after reaching B. If there's too much math involved in doing this, perhaps they should just do 50% across the entire board instead of just certain songs...

Somehow the Red Hot Chili Peppers singles snuck in at 80, but the BSSM album isn't on sale...Under The Bridge makes 2 off of my meager list of 11...ish[/QUOTE]

I've noticed quite a bit of songs are 80 MSP instead of 160 MSP, so I of course purchased them just in case if they were a pricing error. Most stuff isn't on sale yet, but I went through the entire list in the 'sale' portion of the listing and just purchased what was discounted for now. They do need to hurry and fix the prices though so we can start to rock on! By the way, when does this sale end anyways?

I'm using the Rock Band Music Store app on my xbox. There is a huge sale section set up, with basically all tracks listed at 80 points. I purchased about a half-dozen, then, I noticed on the confirmation screen that one of them actually said 160 points. I logged into my billing.microsoft.com account, and confirmed that they only took 80 points out of my account for each song I've purchased so far. So it looks like the confirmation screen is wrong, and the songs really are only 80 points. Hopefully they get it all straightened out by tomorrow though to avoid confusion.

I would rather not risk it and to be on the safe side, i'll just wait until it is all 100% confirmed fixed and working fine. I am looking into buying some Albums, Track Packs, Singles and such so I will just patiently wait because trying to get a refund would be time consuming and what not.

Looks like there's an extra discount on some of this for PS Plus members. Looks like it's just on the single band track packs...like NIN track pack 1/2, for example...and it's a small discount amounting to 30 cents a pack or so...but a discount's a discount.

[quote name='abilyk']None of the sale tracks have keys support. The sale is specifically for the DLC that came out before RB3, none of which have keys or vocal harmonies.[/QUOTE]

Most Pearl Jam songs have harmonies, but that is it. All are "legacy" tracks.
All songs work in RB1/RB2/RB3/Blitz and the family friendly songs will work on Lego Rock Band.

If you try to purchase the songs from the in game store menu, and select the sale filter, the vast majority of songs show up as currently unavailable.

Seems Harmonix bit off more than they could handle.

So far I got the REM Pack, Bob Marley Legends and the two Devo tracks. Right now xbox.com is messed up for me. Searches are timing out and I'm getting server errors.

I tried buying a song pack that says it was 280 Points in the store. When I go to actually confirm it the price jumps to the normal 560 Points and I can't get it because I don't have 560 Points.

Darn. And all I really wanted was that one pack.

They sure are struggling with this, but not sure who's fault it is. Hendrix' Axis Bold as Love still isn't discounted on Xbox, though Are You Experienced is. I was also finally able to pick up The Shins' New Slang (track). Yeah!

Amongst all the stuff they've slowly put on sale (I figure putting a few thousand items on sale all at once is a bit much), all I've gotten so far is TV on the Radio and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

[quote name='MaximusDM']Most Pearl Jam songs have harmonies, but that is it. All are "legacy" tracks.
All songs work in RB1/RB2/RB3/Blitz and the family friendly songs will work on Lego Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying. Forgot that those Pearl Jam songs had harmonies.

Yeah, I checked the store earlier and all of my glitches from a few days ago seem to have been fixed.

The only weird thing I noticed was that only half of the Snoop Dogg songs were discounted so I only bought the ones that were actually cut down to $1.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I've spent over $250 and am set for the rest of the year or so. Is the Spinal Tap 'tap ten' worth it though? 11 songs for 720 MSP aka $9[/QUOTE]

It really depends on how funny you find the humor. Personally, I bought the Tap Ten pack when it first came out and didn't regret it (sure, would have been nice to get it half off). My friends and I have had plenty of laughs as a result of having those songs thrown into the mix. I also think that the solo in Stonehenge is probably the most fun thing I've played on Rock Band Blitz.

[quote name='SporkWielder']It really depends on how funny you find the humor. Personally, I bought the Tap Ten pack when it first came out and didn't regret it (sure, would have been nice to get it half off). My friends and I have had plenty of laughs as a result of having those songs thrown into the mix. I also think that the solo in Stonehenge is probably the most fun thing I've played on Rock Band Blitz.[/QUOTE]

What's the laughter to it though? I noticed 1 of the songs is in reggae..the other songs don't seem as interesting so i'm hesitant and going to wait on it. Any word on when this sale ends?

[quote name='intoxicated662']I've spent over $250 and am set for the rest of the year or so. Is the Spinal Tap 'tap ten' worth it though? 11 songs for 720 MSP aka $9[/QUOTE]I would say no because they are rerecords. The original versions would be worth full price IMO.

[quote name='orangecrush']I would say no because they are rerecords. The original versions would be worth full price IMO.[/QUOTE]

That's what I ultimately decided, especially since the "funky" version of Sex Farm sounds like ass compared to the original. I might pick up a track or two but the whole album is a no-go.

bread's done
Back