(DEAD) AMAZON: The Avengers (3D BD / BD / DVD + DC) 4-Disc Combo $19.99

TheCarsForever

CAGiversary!
I just ran across teh 3D 4 Disc Avengers set at $19.99 through Amazon. Though Target has a similar deal, this may be less hassle. You can check it out here.

610OqlIOBVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The price dropped to that right after my order shipped. I contacted amazon and they said I would get a refund for the difference.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you pre-ordered when the $5 coupon was live, you should get it for $14.99 after all the refunds and the coupon.[/QUOTE]
That's what I got, fantastic deal. I was fine paying $24.99 before now I can get another movie with the $10 I saved.

think I missed the coupon; wasnt sure wether i was going to go with best buy or amazon.... its all good

And to think I almost cancelled my order today after picking this up at Target. I'm guessing I'll pair this one with my extra BestBuy case and sell on ebay!

Thanks for this! No Target in my town or Orlando had one so I was just going to forget ordering it. Now I got one. Now to get a 3DTV...lol

I feel like a colossal idiot for not preordering when the $5 coupon was in effect...$14.99 for this edition would have been a killer deal. :cry:

I'll probably buy this (though I'm considering going to Target for their exclusive disc) since I prefer this cover art to the one for the Blu-ray+DVD combo. Maybe I'll try to PM at BBY so I can justify keeping the steelcase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez. I went from ordering the 3 disc version for 29.99 then canceling and ordering the 2 disc version for 24.99 then cancelling that and ordering the 3 disc version for 24.99 when the price dropped to cancelling that and just ordering the 19.99 2 disc version to now cancelling that and ordering this for 19.99.

Grahhh... Just PMed Target's $24.99 deal at Best Buy for the lenticular cover. I rarely buy Blu-rays from Amazon because the slipcover is either not present (as advertised) or it comes banged up. The only time I'm guaranteed a slip is if I pre-order. I guess I'll just stick to my purchase and sulk.

so I have a bit of strange situation now:

I had originally preordered this at $29.99 but realized I wouldnt really use the 3D or digital copy, so I cancelled my preorder and instead preordered the 2 disc BD at the Disney Store for $24.99+shipping, along with a set of lithographs and supposedly a $10 off coupon for an online purchase there that I would receive at release. Well no email yet but my copy got here last night. However, I'd really rather just pay $19.99 for the BD on Amazon, so should I plan on returning the Disney order or hope the coupon comes? Appreciate some advice on this one.

Had some credit, so I ordered a copy. I saw this in theaters but I was in the very front, neck-breaking row. I don't even remember if it was good.

If I bought 3D Avengers for $24.99 when will I get my $5 back? Do I have to contact Amazon or is it automatic?

[quote name='Trojann']If I bought 3D Avengers for $24.99 when will I get my $5 back? Do I have to contact Amazon or is it automatic?[/QUOTE]If you bought it before Tuesday, you should get it back automatically as it would be applicable to the pre-order price guarantee. If you ordered it yesterday, you'll likely need to email them because that was release day.

Either way, I'd check to see what they email you by end of the day tomorrow and if you don't get an email about it, email them and follow up with them.

I wasn't even going to bother with Target as I figured $25 was a good enough price for this set. Getting it for $15? FANTASTIC! I love Amazon. Now I'm going to be waiting for that refund e-mail all day.

Might not be the right thread but I already redeemed the points on Disney but will not use the code for the digital copy and the other extras so if anyone wants it, please pm me.

Yeah. I read about Amazon yesterday, but drove around to Targets for the bonus disc. But, f that. The 90 minutes is footage of how they assembled the team, the concept, etc..... From what I read of it. I won't be shocked if that pops up on YouTube. So, I'll PM at Best Buy and get it for nothing out of pocket after BB GC.

[quote name='Raye']Grahhh... Just PMed Target's $24.99 deal at Best Buy for the lenticular cover. I rarely buy Blu-rays from Amazon because the slipcover is either not present (as advertised) or it comes banged up. The only time I'm guaranteed a slip is if I pre-order. I guess I'll just stick to my purchase and sulk.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what $24.99 you are talking about, unless that was the price in the paper or something. It was ringing up $19.99 and is listed as $19.99 on their site.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you pre-ordered when the $5 coupon was live, you should get it for $14.99 after all the refunds and the coupon.[/QUOTE]

If this happens, I'm going to be so happy I chose amazon instead of Target. I almost cancelled to go get that Target bonus disc that's made up mostly of special features that I already own.

Forgot to cancel my Amazon order. Now that I have the Amazon copy for $14.99, I might not bother picking up the BB copy for $12.49 (after the metal case preorder). I'd return the metal case, but it's already open.

You don't really have to return the case, just bring the receipt back and you can get refunded. Some people at blu-ray.com said they tried to give back the case but BB didn't want them. They eventually get thrown away or workers bring them home or whatever as they're just pre-order incentives.

So apparently I got charged 29.99 for it but got an email from amazon saying I am getting 10 back cause it dropped to 19.99.

Man I love amazon.too bad tax starts in tenn next year.

Edit: err just checked bank account and only shows 25. Be sweet if get 10 back still like the email says and only pay 15 total!

[quote name='UjnHunter']Hope the pre-order guarantee covers this... but I emailed them just in case. ;)[/QUOTE]
What is the address can I email them? My friend got the refund but i didnt and we ordered the same day? We both bought it for $25

[quote name='Trojann']What is the address can I email them? My friend got the refund but i didnt and we ordered the same day? We both bought it for $25[/QUOTE]Help link at the top and then Contact Us. Rest is self-explanatory.

[quote name='shrike4242']Help link at the top and then Contact Us. Rest is self-explanatory.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

I've bought one for me but now my brother-in-law asked if I could order one for him (since I have Prime) but Amazon is limiting the purchase of one per account. Does anyone know if I can contact Amazon and see if this can be done? Thanks.

[quote name='KainOfSouls']I've bought one for me but now my brother-in-law asked if I could order one for him (since I have Prime) but Amazon is limiting the purchase of one per account. Does anyone know if I can contact Amazon and see if this can be done? Thanks.[/QUOTE]Some items have purchase limits, depending on the discounted price of the item. I had an issue with this previously and Amazon's response to me was to go make another account. :whistle2:s

I pre-ordered it last friday and they credited me back the difference yesterday :)

I didn't call or anything

[quote name='superhippy1986']Why is there a sale for this movie? I'd figured they would try to get all your money.[/QUOTE]

They'll get yo mony when they release the director cut later.

Disney can gloat about how well it selling .

Thank an idoit @ target advertising for creating a product that doesn't exist..

In case anyone didn't know, got my Avengers 3D+BD+DVD+DC from Amazon today, and the slipcover's lenticular. The one from Target, from what I can find out (haven't seen it personally myself) isn't and uses the same main cover image as the BD+DVD combo on the slipcover, but with the Target sticker on it. The actual Blu-ray case has the same cover art as the Amazon one.

yea targets sale was only on the 2 discs blu ray, not the super mega utlra 4 disc one. that was like $34.99 though, still good. But i bit on the $19.99 on amazon super quick. almsot bought the normal blu ray for $20 at target but thank god for the amazon app.

I was interested in the target one for the bonus disc, but I truly didnt care to pay $15 more for that. Mabe i missed sme other target sale but i went today and it said $34.99 at my store for the 4 disc one. ill take amazons $20 all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GrimmTrixX']yea targets sale was only on the 2 discs blu ray, not the super mega utlra 4 disc one. that was like $34.99 though, still good. But i bit on the $19.99 on amazon super quick. almsot bought the normal blu ray for $20 at target but thank god for the amazon app.

I was interested in the target one for the bonus disc, but I truly didnt care to pay $15 more for that. Mabe i missed sme other target sale but i went today and it said $34.99 at my store for the 4 disc one. ill take amazons $20 all day long.[/QUOTE]
Target's ad had an error and they listed the 3D 4-disc set for $20 too when it was supposed to be actually around $30 - $35.

Even if their regular sign says $35 it would've rang up as $20 on the register.

They didn't list the 4 disc at $19.99, what they did was say the Blu-Ray/DVD combo for $19.99 included a digital copy, which it doesn't. They just put the 4 disc at that sale price for the people that would complain about not getting the digital copy as advertised.

Is anyone else pissed off that the 4 disc set just stacks 2 discs on each spindle? I absolutely HATE this, would it have really cost them that much more to include the extra DVD holder inside the case?

bread's done
Back