Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy out October 30th $39.99 PS3 Exclusive

Sony has been doing a lot of trilogy collections lately, and now they are courting third party publishers to do the same it seems. We normally get a GOTY edition but now we get 3 games for the same price which is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Before anyone asks, I dont think AC1 will be included on the revelations disc. If it was, then it would be included in the product description.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think that's why they specifically named it the "Ezio Trilogy".

[quote name='nixmahn']I still have my revelations + AC1 sealed. Any news if the collections comes with all DLC for all 3 games as well?[/QUOTE]

sounds like just ac2 dlc

[quote name='Yigytugd']This and other collections coming out just prove more that the PS4 and 720 are coming out next year.[/QUOTE]

I just think it proves there's a lot of mature franchises out there that may see another uptick in sales if they are bundled together.

Collections like this get me interested if DLC is included. However I'm playing AC2 on 360 right now so I'll pass this up.

Yeah if this comes with the DLC on disc I'd be more than happy to get rid of my copies for these when the price drops.

Is it sad that I picked up all four AC games for less this $40?

Not even sure if DLC included on the disc would make me sway in purchasing this (unless it does on sale)

If this miraculously included AC1 (which I already have on disc, but would like to have the AC:R pack-in) and AC: Bloodlines (from the PSP) I'd get this. I already have AC2 and Brotherhood but don't feel double-dipping would be worth it in this case, seeing as I purchased said games with their respectively CE's.

[quote name='def PD']If this miraculously included AC1 (which I already have on disc, but would like to have the AC:R pack-in) and AC: Bloodlines (from the PSP) I'd get this. I already have AC2 and Brotherhood but don't feel double-dipping would be worth it in this case, seeing as I purchased said games with their respectively CE's.[/QUOTE]

Is bloodlines worth it? I'm a big fan of AC1 and AC2. Haven't got around to the other 2 (soon 3) yet.

[quote name='def PD']If this miraculously included AC1 (which I already have on disc, but would like to have the AC:R pack-in) and AC: Bloodlines (from the PSP) I'd get this. I already have AC2 and Brotherhood but don't feel double-dipping would be worth it in this case, seeing as I purchased said games with their respectively CE's.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on it since AC1 and Bloodlines is about Altair, not Ezio.

[quote name='htz']Sony has been doing a lot of trilogy collections lately, and now they are courting third party publishers to do the same it seems. We normally get a GOTY edition but now we get 3 games for the same price which is a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

It's nothing new. The Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell trilogies are from Ubisoft too and those came out last year.

Resident worlds biggest AC fan here:

This is a really cool set and meant to get newbies into the series who have never played it. It's unfortunate WAY too many people put the series off because of the first game when to me it doesn't even count, the series started at AC2.

I wonder why the PS3 exclusivity though.

[quote name='Romeo']Resident worlds biggest AC fan here:

This is a really cool set and meant to get newbies into the series who have never played it. It's unfortunate WAY too many people put the series off because of the first game when to me it doesn't even count, the series started at AC2.

I wonder why the PS3 exclusivity though.[/QUOTE]
A lot of people like myself have tried to educate people on the difference between 1 and 2. Every one of these AC threads where people ask, I talk about how I hated the first and loved the second and every subsequent AC. The first was so fucking boring. Somehow they sped up the parkour and the game became really fun.

[quote name='Romeo']Resident worlds biggest AC fan here:

This is a really cool set and meant to get newbies into the series who have never played it. It's unfortunate WAY too many people put the series off because of the first game when to me it doesn't even count, the series started at AC2. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, except for 1/4 of Revelations had to do with the conclusion of events from the first game.

The first game was great and groundbreaking.

I downloaded AC1 from the Revelations disc, so I might sell off my other copies in anticipation for this one. Trying to save game space in my tiny ass apartment.

this collection hit a bit late for me I wish it would dropped earlier this year, I got all AC games during the summer. I bought ACII and Brotherhood from the PSN summer sale and I also picked up AC Revelations which also came with AC1 on disc.

[quote name='yokofox33']I downloaded AC1 from the Revelations disc, so I might sell off my other copies in anticipation for this one. Trying to save game space in my tiny ass apartment.[/QUOTE]

Umm... Don't you still need the disk to play it? AC1 installs from the Revelations disk but it still needs the disk to run, I believe.

[quote name='kulaguy']Umm... Don't you still need the disk to play it? AC1 installs from the Revelations disk but it still needs the disk to run, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Ah, was unaware of that. I'll just keep the discs then. Thanks.

[quote name='kulaguy']Umm... Don't you still need the disk to play it? AC1 installs from the Revelations disk but it still needs the disk to run, I believe.[/QUOTE]

No, you don't. I traded in my AC:R and the installed AC1 still runs fine. Not that I have any desire to actually play the first game again. ;)

[quote name='argyle']No, you don't. I traded in my AC:R and the installed AC1 still runs fine. Not that I have any desire to actually play the first game again. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm forced to insert the disc to play AC1. I'd trade in my ok discs to pick this up I it included the Brotherhood and Revelations DLC.

[quote name='wrencrest']A lot of people like myself have tried to educate people on the difference between 1 and 2. Every one of these AC threads where people ask, I talk about how I hated the first and loved the second and every subsequent AC. The first was so fucking boring. Somehow they sped up the parkour and the game became really fun.[/QUOTE]

Guess that answered my question. Was going to ask if I should bother since trying to play the first was like sitting in a doctor's waiting room. I actually bought the first three at the same time and haven't touched them since getting a third of the way through the first one.

The reason you get so many doubters is because the first game was drooled over by the press, just like the sequels. There was never a conscious effort to point out differences between them, so the uninitiated play the first and give up.

If you guys are SURE there is a marked improvement, I'll try just skipping to AC2. Should I just wikipedia the story for AC1 then?

[quote name='JK-C']Guess that answered my question. Was going to ask if I should bother since trying to play the first was like sitting in a doctor's waiting room. I actually bought the first three at the same time and haven't touched them since getting a third of the way through the first one.

The reason you get so many doubters is because the first game was drooled over by the press, just like the sequels. There was never a conscious effort to point out differences between them, so the uninitiated play the first and give up.

If you guys are SURE there is a marked improvement, I'll try just skipping to AC2. Should I just wikipedia the story for AC1 then?[/QUOTE]

AC1 plays like a demo after playing AC2. I'm not even sure I could think of a bigger improvement between an original game and its sequel for a series that came out in the same generation.

[quote name='JK-C']
If you guys are SURE there is a marked improvement, I'll try just skipping to AC2. Should I just wikipedia the story for AC1 then?[/QUOTE]Yes! AC1 is awful

Do we have any idea how this will be packaged? That's going to be the deciding factor for me, I bought AC:R from the Best Buy Blowout but still need ACII And ACB. If they are boxed seperately then I can just sell/trade in ACR a lot easier and I'll probably buy this, but if they are all somehow squeezed onto one disc (doubtful I know, but I'm curious since it's a PS3 exclusive) or just thrown into one box it'll be a much harder sell for me.

I can't sell my other copy of ACR because then I'd lose the original AC lol.

[quote name='JK-C']Guess that answered my question. Was going to ask if I should bother since trying to play the first was like sitting in a doctor's waiting room. I actually bought the first three at the same time and haven't touched them since getting a third of the way through the first one.

If you guys are SURE there is a marked improvement, I'll try just skipping to AC2. Should I just wikipedia the story for AC1 then?[/QUOTE]
AC 1 is the reason they invented sites like Youtube and wikipedia! LOL

[quote name='Anexanhume']I don't understand the AC1 hate. I thoroughly enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]
If you liked it good for you. You have a right to your opinion. I just want people to know not to give up on the series if they dont like the first as I hated it along with many other people and yet loved the second. Night and Day to me.

I didn't know there was so much hate for AC1 either.. but I do agree AC2 was way better. Very good game, and it ran well on the PS3.

[quote name='rcerboss']Do we have any idea how this will be packaged? That's going to be the deciding factor for me, I bought AC:R from the Best Buy Blowout but still need ACII And ACB. If they are boxed seperately then I can just sell/trade in ACR a lot easier and I'll probably buy this, but if they are all somehow squeezed onto one disc (doubtful I know, but I'm curious since it's a PS3 exclusive) or just thrown into one box it'll be a much harder sell for me.

I can't sell my other copy of ACR because then I'd lose the original AC lol.[/QUOTE]
Why would they be boxed seperately? Like most PS3 collections this will likely be one BR case housing 3 discs for each of the games. This wont be like the PS2 collections from last gen

Excited to see this collection on PS3, I played them (save AC:R) on 360. Good day for re-releases....

Also, I have to agree, while I thoroughly enjoyed AC1, AC2 & AC:B were far better. Although I do kinda wish we spent some more time with Altair (and not on a handheld).

AC2 is the biggest improvement I have ever seen in a sequel. AC1 is still worth playing for the story though, since that is what AC is all about.

[quote name='wrencrest']If you liked it good for you. You have a right to your opinion. I just want people to know not to give up on the series if they dont like the first as I hated it along with many other people and yet loved the second. Night and Day to me.[/QUOTE]

I like how everyone gears up for a flame war when someone disagrees. I just feel the mechanics and gameplay were very similar in the first two games. AC2 refined, but didn't reinvent from what I saw.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Yeah, except for 1/4 of Revelations had to do with the conclusion of events from the first game.

The first game was great and groundbreaking.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong as the story goes AC is integral. The issue was that SO many people wrote off the series because of AC1. AC2 made the series what it is today. That's why I tell people who are new to it to skip the first because once they have that taste it may tarnish the brand.

[quote name='Bmvc1']AC2 is the biggest improvement I have ever seen in a sequel. AC1 is still worth playing for the story though, since that is what AC is all about.[/QUOTE]

I concur. AC is my favorite modern series.

I haven't played any of the AC games b/c the first one looked boring but I am looking forward to the 3rd (or seventh or eight or whatever it is). Since AC1 and AC2 seem to be night and day I'm just wondering if they are more or less different than Uncharted 1 and 2, b/c I really disliked the first one (though if they removed the middle 12 chapters it would have been ok) but the 2nd is my favorite playable movie of all time. Much better even than the 3rd which had a lousy first half. Anyway, I don't expect the AC games to be better than the UC games, I just want them to be good.

well already own all the games
just don't have the DLC for subject 16 on AC:R might get it if it drops down or becomes free have to much of a back log to even think about re getting this. artwork is nice. can't wait till 3

[quote name='@FIF']I'm forced to insert the disc to play AC1. I'd trade in my ok discs to pick this up I it included the Brotherhood and Revelations DLC.[/QUOTE]

I borrowed my friend's copy of AC:R and installed AC1 from his disc, but was unable to run it without the disc in (like TTT2 demo, TTT, DS:E).

Wow, Kingdom Hearts i.5 Remix, Mass Effect Trilogy and now AC collections. This has been a good week for collections.

[quote name='sherlock2g']Wow, Kingdom Hearts i.5 Remix, Mass Effect Trilogy and now AC collections. This has been a good week for collections.[/QUOTE]

What about Kingdom Hearts? :hot:

I already have ACII and can get standalone Brotherhood/Revelations cheaper so this is nice because it might reduce the price of the two games I still need.

On a side note - I thought AC1 was awesome, granted were the sequels better? Yes, but certainly did not hate it. Good story! Still haven't finished AC:R

bread's done
Back